Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Tradition - A Story - Literature (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tradition - A Story (1139584 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tradition - A Story by yusufibrahim(m): 9:13am On Apr 13, 2017
Ferdinard99:
@ honourable356 In as much you pointed out some observations. I want you to understand that Education has nothing to do with Personality.
somebody can be educated (book wise) but lack character and personal dignity.
just my opinion, no offence intended
I agree with. Such people are called educated illiterates..... Moreover Mia is a female thug
Re: Tradition - A Story by Twinkle004(f): 9:41am On Apr 13, 2017
As a Mother if you can't understand your child, then that kind of woman is not fit to be called a Mother. Which hmm is the case of Mrs Freda. She has lead Mia to the dark side of life and only God and Love can bring her back.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Kimkardashain(f): 1:24pm On Apr 13, 2017
Yes Mrs Freda Failed In Playing Her Role As A Mother, But Mia Also Failed In Her Role As A Daughter And Human.
You Can't Go Hating And Been Bitchy All Because Of Ur Mum's Attitude.
At The End Of The Day,she Alone Will Pay For Her Behaviour.
# My_Thought_Tho.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2017
wizsolzy:

Mummy chumzypinky I saw ur name I thought you u HV updated​. I leave my food come check na I will dear is wat I saw...

Which kind life
eyaa. I'm so sorry. An update will surely drop this evening
Re: Tradition - A Story by do4luv14(m): 6:43pm On Apr 13, 2017
Chumzypinky:

eyaa. I'm so sorry. An update will surely drop this evening

looking forward to it then,

how is ur health, hav you put to bed yet
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 8:57pm On Apr 13, 2017
do4luv14:

looking forward to it then,

how is ur health, hav you put to bed yet
no oo. Lol
Re: Tradition - A Story by do4luv14(m): 9:36pm On Apr 13, 2017
Chumzypinky:

no oo. Lol

and ma litu bro/sis is bouncing in their rite,

waiting to be able he first to hear it, cool cool
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 14, 2017

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 9:38am On Apr 14, 2017
Tradition....
'i guess i'll have to put up with you till my plans work out' Mia sighed as she filled the sleepy Florence in on what had happened at the party.

'i told you not to go to that party but you wouldnt listen. Now look' Florence sighed and yawed tiredly.

Mia looked at her angrily 'is that a subtle way of telling me i'm not welcome in your house?'

'of course not. You know you're welcome anytime anyday in my house. What are friends for? I just dont appreciate my sleep being interrupted because of something i warned you about' She swallowed a snort.

Mia hissed 'i dont blame you!' She dragged her heavy suitcase along with her 'and i'm sleeping in your room. Sleep somewhere else'

'abeg carry your wahala dey go. I'll crash here on the sofa. Or maybe the guestroom' But she was too tired to walk to the guestroom, so instead she stretched her legs on the three-seater and slept off almost immediately. It was just 5am.

Mia woke up to the sound of her phone ringing. She groaned. She was so tired. She was tired and sleepy. She had slept off not too long ago, around 6am.
She reached for her phone blindly and picked the call even without looking at the caller.

'hello' she groaned.

'hello Mia. Where are you?' It was her sister's voice. And there was a note of urgency in her tone.

Mia removed the phone from her ears and looked at the caller. It was Shivani.

She sighed 'where i am is none of your business'

'Mia please. I'm really sorry about everything that happened yesterday. It was all my fault and i accept the blames. But please, where are you? Are you safe? Did mother really chase you out of the house that night?'

'if it may please you, yes she did. Isnt that what you always wanted? Are you happy now?'

'i can never be happy but about such a thing Mia' Her sister's voice had reduced as though she was about to cry.

'oh please spare me that crap! Its very obvious you have nothing important to tell me so i'll do you the honors of ending the call with a lovely goodbye'

'Mia wait! Please dont end the call yet i beg you. I have something important to say'

She inhaled deeply 'okay, i'm listening'

'we used to be very close Mia. Even though we do have quarels and misunderstandings once in a while, we were never like this with each other. What happened? What spoiled our relationship?'

'our relationship got spoilt the moment you chose to get married to Dike! You understand now?' Her voice was raised.

'but...but...' She heard her sister sniff 'how does that spoil our relationship?'

'you're actually asking me that? Its now obvious you have nothing important to say. Goodbye Shivani' She placed her thumb on the red button.

'come over to Dike's place' She heard Shiv say.

She paused and swallowed 'excuse me?'

'i dont know where you are and i'm worried about you. I'll talk to Dike and the others. I'd rather you stay with me pending when we settle issues with mother. You could even get a job and start working'

'how dare you say such a thing to me!' Freda barked angrily as she sized up the Igwe.

'calm down Freda. People will hear you'

'so i'm nothing to you but your bloody damn mistress right? I hold no other importance to you apart from the fact that i grace your bed occasionally is that so? Is Ngozi more important to you than i am? Does she satisfy you sexually the way i do?'

'Freda that wasnt what i meant. You're misunderstanding me'

'please spare me that!' She quickly wore her bra and blouse 'its over between us Igwe. I refuse to be degraded every single now and then. To hell with you and whatever we share okay?!'

TBC

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 14, 2017
She for tear her skirt and panties join, ashewo mommy. Sleeping with your best friend's husband, even stealing from her and later she'll expect Mia to be perfect. A mistress will always be a mistress.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 14, 2017
cool

I've been waiting for an update since yesterday.
I hate to say this but, Shiv has officially ended her marriage with Dike by asking Mia to come stay with her. Mia will soon be Dike's last wife.
As for Freda, she will soon come running to the Igwe again when she runs out of money, her own no be problem at all.

Kudos to you Mummy Chumzypinky, this story is superb. It keeps getting better with every update.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nnnena(f): 10:08am On Apr 14, 2017
sorry if my comment would hurt a bit i just want to write down what i noticed in this story
Florence: am sorry ma nobody or no friend especially would want to be bossed around by her fellow friend when the friend in question doesn't feed or clothe her. see how mia went to her house to command her and boss her around even when she Mia is to blame
Shivani: no matter how nice or gentle a sister is she can never ever accommodate a sister who rebel her especially one who doesn't like her married to a particular man. based on logistics or let's think this logically you have a sister and she always taunt or disrespect you because of your husband i.e, she has never been in support of the husband you got married too.she still went as far as telling you she has bleeped your husband before would you invite such a sister over even to the point of living with you hell no.
Ngozi/lolo: would i say she is a careless wife. she can only bark but can't bite. she has already made mouth concerning what she is going to do to the king and his mistress's but she hasn't for once made an attempt to know who the king has been snagging behind her. had it been she has opened her eye or ears very well she would have known it is her friend who is stealing from her and also shagging her husband.
so enough with my ramblings i guess my point has been passed and thank God i don't sound too bitter

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by Azeequeen(f): 10:30am On Apr 14, 2017
I'd like to correct few things ma'am

Firstly, whenever you use the personal pronoun 'I' in a sentence (beginning, middle or end), it must be used in block form.

Secondly, words like 'don't', 'can't', etc always carry apostrophe before the letter 't'.

Lastly, in this episode, you made mention of 'put up'. Actually, 'put up' means to tolerate someone or something and it does not go with the context.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by Winters22: 12:14pm On Apr 14, 2017
KimberlyWest:

I hate to say this but, Shiv has officially ended her marriage with Dike by asking Mia to come stay with her. Mia will soon be Dike's last wife.

wrong.... even if Mathias rush collect his natter, dike wont marry mia. he is smarter than that
Re: Tradition - A Story by talk2saintify(m): 1:17pm On Apr 14, 2017
Shiv yhu be mumu

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 2:34pm On Apr 14, 2017
Azeequeen:
I'd like to correct few things ma'am

Firstly, whenever you use the personal pronoun 'I' in a sentence (beginning, middle or end), it must be used in block form.

Secondly, words like 'don't', 'can't', etc always carry apostrophe before the letter 't'.

Lastly, in this episode, you made mention of 'put up'. Actually, 'put up' means to tolerate someone or something and it does not go with the context.

Thanks.
oh thanks for the corrections dear. I understand
Re: Tradition - A Story by ernesty20(m): 2:45pm On Apr 14, 2017
This story no sweet sef
Re: Tradition - A Story by angelliza(f): 3:04pm On Apr 14, 2017
ernesty20:
This story no sweet sef
Are u Sure
Re: Tradition - A Story by nifemilizD: 3:20pm On Apr 14, 2017
Weldon mama twis, u re doing a good job, hope to see more update soon. regards to children
Re: Tradition - A Story by Jsaviour(f): 5:14pm On Apr 14, 2017
Shivani finally won the award of "official first class mumu of the season". She needs mental reseting and she sucks too. I hate this kind of people with passion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by ElajRita(f): 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2017
So mummy Chumzypinky did not see me for almost two months and she did not even bother to ask of me. So mummy Chumzypinky this is how you used to do abi? No problem.
Lemme go and start reading first.
Re: Tradition - A Story by uniqueogo(f): 7:00pm On Apr 14, 2017
oh please all of you that are criticizing this work u have to bear some things in mind
1. she's not a professional writer
2. she's just doing this for fun

so please cut all the criticism and enjoy the story or better still leave the thread

@mummy chumzypinky I dey your back thanks for the updates

2 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 8:07pm On Apr 14, 2017
Tradition....
Mia's words still bothered her. Did Mia really sleep with Dike? Was it even possible? When did it happen? It must have happened before the marriage. Was that why Mia was so keen on her not marrying Dike?

She sighed.

'penny for your thoughts' Dora's voice brought her back to reality.

She smiled. She and Dora were getting along just fine and she loved her already. But she was still skeptical concerning Chinny's warning.

'Dora! You're glowing. I love your gown. Its beautiful' She admired the black flowery flay knee-length gown with her eyes.

'thank you. Frank, my ex, bought it for me' Dora replied casually and sat beside her on the bed 'so whats up? I didnt see you for breakfast. And when i checked on you earlier, you were making a phone call and it sounded serious so i decided not to interrupt'

'oh' She ran a hand through her hair at loss for words to say. How was she going to get Dora to help her? Of them all, Dora was the closest to Dike, no doubt. And if she could get Dora to speak to Dike about Mia moving in temporarily, then maybe, just maybe Dike might consent.

'is there something you want to tell me?' Dora asked studying her with her eyes.

'uhm yes' She reached for a fluffy pillow 'just wanted to ask for a favour'

'what favour? Is it something i can do?' She pushed her braids backwards.

'yes. I want you to help me speak to Dike about something. More like interceding on my behalf'

'wow. Sounds interesting. Lets hear it'

'its my sister. I want her moving here temporarily. It wont last long. I promise. We just need to resolve things between she and my mother. My mum sent her out of the house last night due to that incident that occured at the party. And now she has nowhere to stay. Mia's my baby sister and i cant abandon her at this time. My mum was just being temperemental and i know with time she'll come around. What we just need is a place for my baby sister to rest her head and i cant think of somewhere more secured. But i'm afraid Dike wont approve. I just dont know what to do' She lowered her eyes. She should never have approached her sister at the party.

'hmm. Now lets see, will Dike approve? Will he not? Will he? Will he not? Wait a minute'

Shiv watched as Dora stood up from the bed and disappeared through the balcony in the room through the glassy transparent door. She watched her walk to the flower vase there and plucked a flower. She returned back with a smile plastered on her face with a flower in her hands.

'whats that for?' She asked confusedly.

'its a way of knowing if Dike would agree or not. You know Dike is a systematic and a somewhat strange person. So lets see what miss Roseflower has for us. Dike will agree' She plucked out a petal 'he will not' She plucked out another 'he will. He will not. He will. He will not. He will' She plucked out the last petal and clapped her hands 'woahh! Celebrate c'mon! It seems Dike's gonna be in a good mood today' Dora laughed but Shiv didnt find it funny. However she managed a smile.

'are you sure its gonna work Dora?'

'it will. I promise. I'll speak to him'

Chinny watched from the corner of her eyes as Dora and Shivani chattered happily. She just shook her head. It wasnt as if she was jealous or something. But she just wasnt settled with their sudden closeness. Shivani had to be careful.

Then she saw Dora briskly walk out of the kitchen. She turned to Shivani who had barely noticed her presence in the kitchen.

'so Dora's your new paddy paddy now abi?' She asked.

'how?' Shivani asked looking a bit confused.

Chinny chuckled 'you're asking me how. Well, i wont say much. But just be careful. Be very careful. Its not like i'm trying to be nosy or something but your new found friendship with Dora unsettles me. You just dont know the type of woman she is and you have to be very very careful. Do not let her in on most of your secrets to avoid her using it against you tomorrow. Dora isnt a very nice person'

14 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by dupsai(f): 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2017
Before I read the new update I have to commend Chumzypinky for this beautiful story. More grace and strength to you.
Re: Tradition - A Story by smardray(m): 10:09pm On Apr 14, 2017
D best story ever on nl...chumzy u re d best
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chummypinky(f): 10:53pm On Apr 14, 2017
this story is so annoying nae ke shiv is just too dull,she obviously sold her brain out....isn't obvious already that her sister want her husband...all this cry cry sad sad lolz.....mumcy chumzy you re doing great buh the part shiv is acting is just too foolish don't you think?thnks for d update

2 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by ceedarlin1(f): 11:15pm On Apr 14, 2017
Kingphilip what you doing here ?read quickly mk we dey go your thread . Stretches arm.

Chumzy Pls dash Shiv small sense Pls am begging on her behalf.
Re: Tradition - A Story by kingphilip(m): 5:02am On Apr 15, 2017
ceedarlin1:
Kingphilip what you doing here ?read quickly mk we dey go your thread. Stretches arm.

Chumzy Pls dash Shiv small sense Pls am begging on her behalf.
good morning

Please I don't get the bolded can you please explain
Re: Tradition - A Story by Queenakande(f): 5:24am On Apr 15, 2017
My love! you no gree me sleep with this ur story o. thanks for the good work may the Lord bless you more and more. ****kisses***
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 11:22am On Apr 15, 2017
Shiv turned to her 'may i ask why you sieze every opportunity you get to paint Dora black? I mean, why do you think she isnt a nice person? I've spent couple of hours with her and....'

'thats the problem!' Chinny slapped her hands against her thighs exasperatedly 'you've only known her for a couple of hours and you're arguing with me who's known her for years now?' She closed her eyes and sighed 'you know what Shivani? I wont say much so i dont look like a bad person to you....' Dora entered the kitchen, Chinny eyed her and continued 'but just be careful. Be very careful and always watch your back' She continued with the frying of bacons.

Dora looked at both of them confusedly. Then she whispered to Shivani 'what is she talking 'bout?'

Shiv forced a smile 'nothing important. Forget about it'

Mia felt so happy within her. Her sister was such a fool. So nice to a fault. She hated regarding herself as the devil but then she just had to admit that Shivani had just sold herself to the devil. She had given the devil free ticket to her home.

Mia alighted from the taxi that had brought her to Dike's royal abode and sighed happily. Dike would be so surprised to see her. But of course she knew he wouldnt say anything. And then they would secretly continue with their raunchy sexual affairs and then she would trap him with pregnancy and then he would have no choice but to marry her. She didnt care if she was the eighth wife of Dike. All she wanted was to become royalty and prove to her mother that she could also be what her sister was and even more.

Yes. If luck shined on her and she happened to carry Dike's first son, then in decades to come, she'd be a Queen Mother.

She couldnt help but laugh.

And one of the things she'd do once she held that position would be to crumble her sister and her mother. Reduce them to zero.

'who are you here to see?' The uniformed security who opened the the small gate asked.

'i'm here to see my sister. The last wife of Crown prince Dike. Mrs Shivani' She tried sounding confident.

'hold on a minute' He closed the gate.

She rested her weight on her hips, a smile on her lips.

In not less than five minutes, the man returned and helped her with her luggages. She entered as well.

The moment she stepped into the grand sitting room, her sister was all over her, looking very excited and giddy. According to her, Dike had agreed to her sister coming to stay.

She felt slightly irritated with her sisters's crazy questions. Like 'have you eaten? Where did you spend the night? Do you need a bath? I could arrange one for you? What would you like to eat? Anything and i'll prepare it for you? Your hair's so rough, i'll call the hairdresser immediately to fix it for you. Oh! I forgot you need to rest. Maybe tomorrow or next....'

'are you trying to show off the luxury you're living in?' She interrupted when she couldnt take it anymore 'please show me to my room and get me something nice and tasty to eat. I dont have time for your nonsense'

'Mia?'

'yes?'

'i dont have your time. Come and i'll show you to your room. And please dont insult me' Shivani grabbed her suitcase.

'if you dont want insults then stay away from me!'

Shivani turned to her sister 'Mia please be grateful for once in your life. I had a choice to leave you alone. Sleep wherever you can and feed anyhow you can. But no, because i love you as my sister and even though i know bringing you here is very dangerous owing to the fact that you claimed you've sexed Dike, i still invited you over. But i swear if you provoke me or utter one more insulting word against me this moment, i'll walk you out of here and no one would question me. Watch and see!'

Mia swallowed. She wouldnt blow her chance away 'sorry'

TBC

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by do4luv14(m): 11:34am On Apr 15, 2017
Chummypinky:
this story is so annoying nae ke shiv is just too dull,she obviously sold her brain out....isn't obvious already that her sister want her husband...all this cry cry sad sad lolz.....mumcy chumzy you re doing great buh the part shiv is acting is just too foolish don't you think?thnks for d update

i jst hope ma eyes is not seeing triple times, abi how them dey call person Wey him eyes dey see four times at once
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 12:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
do4luv14:

i jst hope ma eyes is not seeing triple times, abi how them dey call person Wey him eyes dey see four times at once
spot the difference between the two names Chummypinky and ChumZypinky

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (137) (Reply)

Number 225 Katakata Street / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.