Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,441 members, 7,823,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 (59519 Views)

Mysteries Of NoLand (Book 1) / Daylight Mysteries / DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by everton4life(m): 11:01am On Jul 18, 2019
Hardes:
Hmmm
WHAT HAPPENED
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by everton4life(m): 6:52pm On Jul 18, 2019
You're late" Luke said sternly to Razor who had just entered the room. He was seated on his usual spot with Shiela beside him.
"Im sorry, My Lord" Razor bowed his head apologetically "I had to take care of some personal business. It won't happen again"
Luke noticed the bloodstains on Razor's shirt but decided not to put mind to it.
"Assemble the rest and get the weapons ready" He said. "Our witch friend here..." he tilted his head sideways towards Shiela with an evil grin. "....has found the werewolves"
The three hunters patrolled the area stealthily and quietly. Their heavy breathing was the only thing that could be heard. For the past two weeks after leaving the house of Daniel, that was all they did. Patrol. Patrol. Patrol. The longer they did the more impatient and angrier they became because they were yet to sight a single vampire. Simon's suspicions grew at this point. It seemed as if the vampires were careful and went into hiding. It wasn't making sense at all.
"Man" Ted grunted tiredly and sat on a huge stone nearby. " This is getting annoying. For the past two weeks now."
"Tell me about it" Tony agreed with his brother. " This whole thing seems fruitless"
"Will you two quit whining?" Simon muttered angrily.
" Oh im sorry, your highness" Tony replied sarcastically and went to stand face to face with his leader. " Do you prefer we sing and dance happily to the fact that we have been wasting our damn time roaming around the neighborhood like a bunch of idiots?!!!" he screamed.
"Dont you dare raise your voice at me, Anthony!!" Simon growled.
"Or what?!" Tony challenged. " You'll betray me like you did to Daniel?"
Those words struck a nerve and the tension heightened between the two. Cracks had begun to form within the team after that fateful night. It was constant arguements between the two leading to Ted always playing the peacemaker role. He sighed as he was about to repeat the tiresome routine.
"Guys" he called out "Not today. Let's..."
A silver arrow darted through the air in the darkness and sank into his heart cutting short his statement. He fell to the floor.Dead.
"Ted!" Simon and Tony screamed in horror as the latter dropped to the floor to try and revive his brother. A futile effort as Ted's shut eyes and absence of pulse gave the indication that he was gone for good.A look of fury crossed Tony's face as he stood up and backed Simon in anticipation for the unknown assailant.
"Who's there?" Simon bellowed. " Show your self!!"
"I never get tired of hearing that same old boring statement" A voice sighed in the darkness. " Always with the 'who's there?' 'Show yourself' bla bla bla. Like some kind of tough guy. You don't need to ask. I beleive your sense of smell should detect what we are"
"Vampires" Tony sniffed in anger.
"Bingo." The voice laughed. "You,my friend, has just scored a hundred points. Congratulations. HERE'S YOUR REWARD!!!!"
The sound of a gunshot was heard and Tony collapsed to the ground.Lifeless.
"NO!!" Simon screamed in terror.
"Two down. One to go" The voice laughed. Footsteps were heard and a smiling Razor revealed himself,along with ten other vampires.
"Well. Its been fun.But seriously this world is not big enough for two entities. One has to step down" Razor smiled to a glaring Simon who was quickly surrounded. " In your case, 6 feet below"
Simon stood his ground. He wasn't prepared to go down without a fight. Razor rolled his eyes and nodded to his men.
"Destroy him"
The first attacker charged at Simon but was met with a wooden arrow to the head and dissisipated. Simon quickly pulled out a revolver and shot two more driving wooden bullets into them. The fourth and fifth met similar fates and hope began to grow within Simon. That was until a silver arrow sank into his thigh.Courtsey of Razor. Simon screamed in pain and dropped down to one knee. Seeing the advantage, another vampire made his move but Simon intercepted and put a bullet into his skull wasting him. Razor grew impatient and shot Simon on his right shoulder. That ended the fight and Simon fell to the ground. Bleeding but still alive.
"You all are a bunch of insignificant and incompetent fools!!!" Razor bellowed to the remaining four who had looks of shame on their faces. He moved towards a weak Simon in a pool of blood and aimed his revolver to his heart.
"It's just like they say" Razor muttered darkly "If you want something done right..."
He cocked the gun.
"....Do it yourself"
He pulled the trigger.
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by Hardes(m): 7:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
everton4life:
WHAT HAPPENED
Nothing do you boss and by the way thanks for the updatesss
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by everton4life(m): 9:46pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hardes:
Nothing do you boss and by the way thanks for the updatesss
cool
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by rubenson(m): 10:33pm On Jul 18, 2019
carry go na U dey dull ohhhh
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by everton4life(m): 11:11am On Jul 19, 2019
rubenson:
carry go na U dey dull ohhhh
LOL. OKAY
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by YoungBruzzy(m): 12:45pm On Jul 19, 2019
Issorite, May Vampire kuku kill all of them make we know say the tori don end undecided

Thanks For the update OP
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by everton4life(m): 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2019
*FLASHBACK*
~1517~

A nobleman sat in a chair in the living room entertaining his guest. Though it was a traditional setting, the living room was quite furnished and neat. Two chairs made of mahogany wood were on each side of a silver-ardorned table which was occupied with different delicacies of food. On the floor was a rug made of animal skin. At the adjacent side of the room stood a wooden shelf which housed different ornaments made of gold. It was quite clear to those who knew him and those who visited him for the first time that the nobleman was very rich and powerful. However within the exterior of the man was a soul pocessed with greed and drunk with power. The nobleman wanted more. He wanted the whole town and how he got wealthy in the first place was not by clean acts.
"I tell you, my friend" His friend said as he picked up a grapefruit and ate it " There is no better contender against you for the post of town chief"
"You can say that again" the nobleman laughed heartily. " This town needs somebody who can develop and strenghten it. Someone who has eyes for a better future."
"Very true" His friend nodded. " However i must say there is an issue to address here"
"Oh?" the nobleman questioned " What's that?"
"The vote count" His friend replied " Your direct rival, Mr Mbenza is getting closer as we speak. He has 567,178 votes as opposed to your 567,564."
"Oh my friend. That is nothing to worry about" The nobleman dismissed with a laugh. " You seem to forget who i am. I am the lion and this town is my jungle. There is nothing i want that i won't have."
" I know, but..."
"You just leave it to me" The nobleman cut in, a confident look on his face. " I know how to sway the people to my side. After all,the only way to tame a dog is to give it meat"
They both laughed at his sentence and made to toast to the occasion only to realize that the wine had finished.
"LUKE!!" The nobleman bellowed impatiently.
A haggard and wretched-looking man entered the living room in a haste. His wrists were bound in bronze chains and his hair was dishevelled. His clothes were nothing to write home about as they could be considered rags.
"Slave!!" The nobleman shouted in anger and picked up a whip from behind the chair. Luke's eyes went wide with fear as he knew what was coming next. " How many times have i told you to make sure there is always wine here when i am with a guest here?"
"Please,Master" Luke had dropped to his knees " Forgive my mistake. It will.."
A sting of the whip cut short his sentence as it hit him across his face. He fell to the ground in pain.
"How dare you speak when i speak?!!" The nobleman roared as he unleashed torrents of whip lashes on a sprawled and screaming Luke to the amusement of his friend who sat and watched. When he was satisfied, Luke was almost passed out.
"Aaron!!" The nobleman called and another slave entered.
"Take this filth away" he gestured to a tired Luke on the floor. " And get us wine"
" Yes, Master" Aaron replied and helped Luke off the ground and out of the room.
Luke winced in pain as Aaron dabbed his face with a wet cloth soaked in atiseptic.
"Thank you, my friend" Luke said grafefully.
"You should thank the gods that master was in pleasant spirits " Aaron joked and put the bowl and cloth away. Luke looked better now.
"You call that pleasant?!" Luke cried out in anger.
"Of course" Aaron replied " If he wasn't, you would have been a corpse by now."
"I can see you find my pain very amusing"
"Apologies, my friend." Aaron said softly. "I feel the suffering the same way you do. I can not remember the last time i was happy"
"Yes" Luke agreed, a solemn look on his face as he stood up from the chair and joined his friend by the window overlooking the massive farm where they worked.The sun had begun to set in the distance and soon darkness would inevitably take over. For a while,nothing was said between the two men as each kept to his thoughts while reminiscing on their sufferings. Luke examined the scars on his arm and let out a sigh. This was getting too much to bear.
"One day,my friend" He said finally,bringing out his friend from his reverie. "This suffering will end. I can assure you that i will look back and remember this and laugh"
Aaron glanced at him and said nothing. After deliberating for a while,he placed his hand on his shoulder before bidding him goodnight and heading for the chambers. Luke stared on intovthe distance and after a while, headed inside.

*THE PRESENT*

"My Lord"
Luke was jolted out from his thoughts and he turned around to see Razor standing by the door.
"How did it go?" Luke enquired.
"It was a success" Razor replied proudly. " The werewolves are dead."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, My lord. I can bet my life on it"
A triumphant smile appeared on Luke's face as he clasped his hands together.
"Excellent!!" he said " We are one step nearer to my ascension to godhood. Appetizers have been attended to.And now..."
Luke faced the window overlooking the town. A dark smile crossed his face.
"....The main course. "
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by YoungBruzzy(m): 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2019
Thanks for the update grin Pls give us more plsssssssssssss
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by Hardes(m): 4:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
Nice job man
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by everton4life(m): 5:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
YoungBruzzy:
Thanks for the update grin Pls give us more plsssssssssssss
Sure thing bro.

Am i free to post "typing..." now? hehehhehe

1 Like

Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by YoungBruzzy(m): 5:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
everton4life:
Sure thing bro.

cheesy
everton4life:
Sure thing bro.

Heh!!! pls don't try that ooo instead post a lengthy update..winks
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by everton4life(m): 10:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
YoungBruzzy:
cheesy

Heh!!! pls don't try that ooo instead post a lengthy update..winks
grin cool
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by everton4life(m): 12:42pm On Jul 20, 2019
Hardes:
Nice job man
cool
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by everton4life(m): 3:29pm On Jul 20, 2019
Sharon stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her petite figure. It had been almost a month since the whole supernatural fiasco that went down at Daniel's. As much as she wanted to take advantage of this strike and spend much time with her friends,she didn't think she could psychologicaly bear the brunt of another strange event. Besides,her friends were locked up at their homes out of fear.She wouldn't blame them though. No same person would go through what they did and think it wise to parambulate around the street like everything was alright.
She sighed and slumped to the bed tiredly.She wasn't completely dry though and the bed began to soak up a bit but she paid no attention to it.She had more worrisome issues to think about.
Where did it go wrong? Why can't everything go back to the way it was before? Normal.
The shrilling ringtone of her phone startled her and she opened her eyes. She picked up her phone and checked the screen. The id read 'SEGUN'. Smiling slightly,she answered.
"Food monger. what's up na?" She giggled.
"I'm good" Segun's voice was heard from the other end. " You people don't have any better nickname to give me?"
"We call you what suits you" She laughed.
"Hmmm. na una sabi" He muttered. "Anyway,whats up with you? How have you been?"
"Truth be told, not good. I'm dying" She pouted.
"What!" Segun's voice had an edge of concern. "Dying?"
"Yeah. Dying.....of boredom" She wailed dramatically.
If it was possible that she could see him from the other side of her phone,she would have caught him rolling his eyes.
"Mtschew" He frowned. " And to think i was worried."
"Awww" She bursted into laughter " You were worried?"
"Anyway" he ignored her question " Are you free this weekend?"
"Well, im not sure. Anything could come up. Why? " She asked.
Silence.
"Segun. Are you there?" Sharon queried.
"Oh yeah. Sure" Segun quickly answered. "Hey i was just wondering if we could...you know..hang out and...stuff"
"I dont know. Im not sure Daniel and the rest may come out of their houses..." Sharon began.
"No, Sharon" Segun facepalmed at her naivety, a frustrated expression temporarily appearing on his face. " I wasn't talking about a small gathering. I was referring to us. Like both of us should hang out together"
"........Oh" was the reply he got.
" Yeah" Segun rubbed the back of his neck akwardly. "So what do you say?"
"Well" Sharon replied hesitantly " i'll see if its possible. Before weekend i'll give you a call"
"Alright......Thanks?" he replied
"Bye."
"Bye."
She cut the call,ending one of the most akward conversations in her life. She groaned tiredly as she was at the fence at the moment.
Did she want to hang out with Segun? Probably.
Did she like him? Yes.
More than a friend? Unsure.
Why? This was where she hit a roadblock.
She sighed and clicked on her phone menu. Selecting the gallery,she scrolled to the pictures and stopped at the one which had Daniel in it.
A gentle smile appeared on her face.
Daniel sat with Annabelle in the living room with both of them on his laptop. He was making a video call to Jake and Tomiwa.
"So let me get this straight" Jake said. " Luke's weakness is werewolf venom?"
"Yeah" Daniel replied. "At least that's what was written on the paper."
"But Dan, you said that necklace was given to you by your grandfather on your birthday." Tomiwa said.
"Exactly."
"The whole thing is confusing" Jake scratched his head. " It just happens to be a coincidence that the gift given to you on your birthday contains the secret to Luke's demise and you happen to be a werewolf."
"I know, right?" Daniel laughed. " This life is full of mysteries"
"But how can we trust what is written on that paper?" Tomiwa asked sceptically.
"Have you forgotten?" Annabelle spoke up " The book we read at Tisha's place. It said the warlock sealed the secret to killing Luke in silver and aquamarine. Daniel's necklace is silver and the W sign on it happens to be blue in color. Aquamarine is another color for blue."
"I guess that makes sense" Tomiwa shrugged. "But still,we dont know where Luke is and your hunter friends are nowhere to be found"
" I don't need them" Daniel frowned. " Not after what they did"
"Look,Dan" Jake sighed. " I know what they did was wrong but in a way it turned out for good."
"You're kidding,right?" Daniel snapped,glaring across the screen at his friend. " Jake,thats the last thing i expect from you."
"For God's sake,Daniel. Don't misinterpret me!!" Jake snapped back." You should know what i mean!"
"Okay, boys. That's enough" Annabelle stepped in to douse the situation. "We are supposed to be on the same page here. Ending Luke is our major priority here and the last thing i want is arguments from you two"
"Preach on, Sister" Tomiwa giggled,raising an imaginary glass tumbler in the air. Jake chuckled at her silliness and ruffled her hair.
"Okay,fine" Daniel conceeded. "You guys can come over tommorow and let's strategize. I don't think we can do that now as my data will soon be exhausted" he laughed.
"I think Eric will need to be here too" Annabelle added.
Daniel mumbled incoherently at her statement and she giggled.
"Eric?The doctor's son?" Jake was confused. "What does he have to do with all of this?"
Daniel kept quiet.
"Dan" Jake narrowed his eyes suspiciously " Is there anything else you are not telling us?"
"Its a funny story" Daniel sighed. "But ill tell you everything tommorow. Promise."
"Alright " Jake was still sceptical but decided not to press the matter. Daniel nodded and ended the video call.
Daniel heaved a sigh of relief and laid his head on Annabelle's thighs while she played with his hair. It was going to be a long day tommorow. They were soon startled by a voice by the door of the living room.
"Aww. I can't beleive you are ashamed of me"
Daniel quickly rose from his girlfriend's thighs and they saw a grinning Eric by the door.
"Eric?" Daniel raised his eyebrows "What are you doing here?"
"Its good to see you too." Eric replied sarcastically. "Anyway,your mom let me in and ive been here for the past 20 minutes."
"So you heard everything?" Annabelle asked.
"Everthing" He replied.
Jake and Tomiwa walked along the road leading to the route to her house. He had decided to accompany her back after the call with Daniel. It was quite dark now.
"I dont know" Jake said. " But i think you should have stayed the night in my place"
"And risk having your parents catch me in your bedroom?" Tomiwa gave him a look. "Thanks. But no thanks."
"Come on.We could be discreet you know." Jake grumbled.
"We both know that's impossible. Especially when your hands gets antsy on my body" She winked at him.
"Well. That's a work in progress" He chuckled and pulled her close to him.
"Hmmmmmm" A voice suddenly startled them echoing in the darkness. " If it isn't our favorite couple."
Tomiwa clutched Jake's arm in fright and he narrowed his eyes.
"Who's there?" He called out.
Footsteps were heard and suddenly they found themselves surrounded by several men. Tomiwa's eyes went wide as a figure walked from the midst of the men towards them.
"Chris?" She gasped in disbelief.
"We meet again,beautiful" Chris grinned. "Last time you were fortunate enough to escape my clutches. Im afraid to tell you that this time....."
He glared.
".....Lightening won't strike the same place twice."

END OF SEASON 2

2 Likes

Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by YoungBruzzy(m): 3:53pm On Jul 20, 2019
This is a great story OP
More ink to your pen
Keep it coming pls
I just hope that you are starting season 3 immediately oooo cos if not, you will have me to duel with cheesycheesy

More update expected from you mancheesy
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by everton4life(m): 5:53pm On Jul 20, 2019
grin cheesy grin

Special thanks to the following people who followed this thread:
Hadampson, harameede99, adeculate, saraphina, samyfreshsmooth, spiritman99, bensoate1,eniqurl, lankyannie, jupitre, holuwanoisy111,Alamiendagash, jagugu88li, Youngbruzzy,rubenson, Hardes and others.

if i didn't mention you,sorry o.

For the ghost readers that read without commenting,well done.

For the people copying and pasting on their blogs without permission, well done.

And special thanks to the mods who at one point pushed this story to the front page. I really appreciate it.

Phew,after two years. Season 2 is finally over. Meanwhile get reader for another story coming soon.

2 Likes

Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by YoungBruzzy(m): 7:32pm On Jul 20, 2019
everton4life:
grin cheesy grin

Hadampson, harameede99, adeculate, saraphina, samyfreshsmooth, spiritman99, bensoate1,eniqurl, lankyannie, jupitre, holuwanoisy111,Alamiendagash, jagugu88li, Youngbruzzy,rubenson, Hardes and others.

For the people copying and pasting on their blogs without permission, well done.

And special thanks to the mods who at one point pushed this story to the front page. I really appreciate it.

Phew,after two years. Season 2 is finally over. Meanwhile get reader for another story coming soon.

Oya ride on, me dey your back kakaraka..
make you people clear road for season 3 as e wan land.

Thanks OP
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by Hadampson(m): 9:20pm On Jul 20, 2019
everton4life:
grin cheesy grin

You welcome

Remember to mention us in the next story bossman smiley
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by rubenson(m): 11:37pm On Jul 20, 2019
man !!,,,,,,,u ar a blessed child
Keep it up
Waiting for SEASON 3
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by everton4life(m): 1:15pm On Jul 21, 2019
Hadampson:

You welcome

Remember to mention us in the next story bossman smiley
cool sure thing bro

1 Like

Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by Hardes(m): 8:56am On Jul 22, 2019
This story is AWESOME expecting the season 3 soonest
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by everton4life(m): 10:39am On Jul 23, 2019
Hardes:
This story is AWESOME expecting the season 3 soonest
smiley

1 Like

Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by Timba24(m): 12:04pm On Jul 23, 2019
good afternoon mr everton, i use God take beg u, quickly drop anoda update
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by everton4life(m): 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2019
Timba24:
good afternoon mr everton, i use God take beg u, quickly drop anoda update
sad But Season 2 has ended na.

1 Like

Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by Timba24(m): 9:50pm On Jul 23, 2019
everton4life:
sad But Season 2 has ended na.
haaa i don forget. Wen u go start season 3
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by everton4life(m): 11:18pm On Jul 23, 2019
Timba24:
haaa i don forget. Wen u go start season 3
in The Distant Future,bro
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by Timba24(m): 9:48am On Jul 24, 2019
everton4life:
in The Distant Future,bro
no wahala. More grease to ur elbow bro
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by Nuel45(m): 12:35pm On Jul 24, 2019
Great Story....wen season 3 go come onboard
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by everton4life(m): 2:45pm On Jul 25, 2019
tongue
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by Hardes(m): 3:40pm On Jul 25, 2019
everton4life:
tongue
��
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 by Akinwale14(m): 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2019
You people no kuku mention me,its well sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie And Lupita Nyong'o's Outfits Recreated By Little Girls / The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. / Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.