Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. (7772 Views)

I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go / Question On Foreign Travel On Nigerian Passport. / "Travel On Foot To Mecca" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by otokx(m): 5:37pm On Dec 17, 2009
This really made for good reading
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by MUNEER2(m): 7:40pm On Dec 17, 2009
50km in 2hours?

Which means the car was moving at 25km/hr, i tell you, Ibadan-Ogbomoso-Ilorin road is far better!

grin grin grin
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 18, 2009
lagos ibadan express road
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by smasher1(m): 12:53am On Dec 18, 2009
Tho Benin-Warri and Benin-Asaba are still one of the best roads anyway in 9ja
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by smasher1(m): 1:04am On Dec 18, 2009
@chelseabmw, I still pass that road (Abraka-Benin) April this year with d notorious Bob Izua motors in d front seat. He was driving 140km/hr over porthole. Did I say driving,FLYING. Though a Road Safety Cadet Marshall myself I could not tell him to slow down to maximum of 100 because of Thieves on dat Death Trap not ROAD.
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by tunene: 8:32am On Dec 18, 2009
Well the best Federal highway in this country at present is Benin-Warri Dual carriageway except for one deep hole you might not notice from the Benin end b4 u enter Delta state. If you enter that hole ur rim fit bend. Followed by Benin-Asaba because the alignment and the structure is not as good as Benin-Warri. Abuja roads are the best intra-state roads in Nigeria. No doubt, pls visit Abuja and see what Nigeria should actually look like.

Wishing you all a happy new year in Advance. Cheers.
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by ichommy(m): 10:55am On Dec 18, 2009
2sleek2NV:

@ ichommy, what is so funny in the fact that someone lost his dad on a road.
i think you should learn to use 'LOL'.

my bad road spots in nigeria

OKIJA - AWOMMA
BENIN - ORE
WARRI -PATANI
UMUAHIA - IKOT-EKPENE
OWERRI -PHC
ABA - PHC
IBADAN TO ILORIN

IT A MISTAKE AM NOT REPLYING TO THAT POST I WANTED TO REPLY TO ANOTHER AHHH WHY WILL I LOL TO SOME THAT LOST IS DAD embarassed
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by blackasia: 1:11pm On Dec 18, 2009
what is wrong with u people , so u dont know the worst road the worst road in nigeria is the mind of our leaders, go and ask grin
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by soserious(f): 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2009
Please can someone post pictures
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by abt(m): 4:48pm On Dec 18, 2009
I Can Testify it's Gombe To Yola!
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by Gaco(f): 5:08pm On Dec 18, 2009
Hmmm, so many roads have being mentioned on this thread. This simply means that virtually all roads in 9ja are in a very bad state.
FRSC would tell u better, The number of deaths recorded on roads per year are in thousands.
God help us!
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by symbianDON(m): 8:14pm On Dec 18, 2009
i have traveled on quite a number of roads in nigeria as i have visited 31 states presently. candidly, of all the roads i have had the privilege of traveling on i judge biu-mubi road (in the north-east) as the worst CLOSELY followed by minna-sarkin pawa-kaduna road. these two are the grand fathers of the likes of mokwa-jebba-ilorin-ogbomosho-oyo road. my God come see road now!!!!
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by Jarus(m): 8:28pm On Dec 18, 2009
symbianDON:

i have traveled on quite a number of roads in nigeria as i have visited 31 states presently. candidly, of all the roads i have had the privilege of traveling on i judge biu-mubi road (in the north-east) as the worst CLOSELY followed by[b] minna-sarkin pawa-kaduna road[/b]. these two are the grand fathers of the likes of mokwa-jebba-ilorin-ogbomosho-oyo road. my God come see road now!!!!
Traveled this road before. Truly bad but has lesser rate of accident tha Mokwa-Jebba road.
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by gongoaso1: 6:21am On Dec 19, 2009
fact that this kinda topic calls for discussion is appalling  angry
so which road is good  to travel in naija   tongue
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by Meedu(m): 1:54pm On Dec 19, 2009
Abeg make una shutup, any one don try gombe-yola road, that road is worst than paris dakar rally, infact some village farms are even plantin crops on the road, corn can grow on that road healthier than a fertile farmland. I tire for that road.
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by Meedu(m): 2:01pm On Dec 19, 2009
Infact its the only bad road in naija that is accident free cos even a trailer moves @ 20km/h and some times a pedestrian over takes a car on that road.
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by ifychelsea: 5:24pm On Dec 19, 2009
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by sentimentalsoul(m): 8:29pm On Dec 19, 2009
lokoja road, infact it has claimed many innocent lives since the existence of that road. cry
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by whiteroses(f): 11:34pm On Dec 19, 2009
idi ape to ashipa via orita bashorun in ibadan is just awful, i remembered that road the trick is either you drive slow and get home two hours late or you speed really fast and loose a tyre, swear down its bad lol
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by Sonofpeace(m): 12:50am On Dec 20, 2009
Infact all federal roads from north central(especially kogi) to south(southeast, south west en south). All of em says welcome to heaven/hell untimely.
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by Sonofpeace(m): 12:52am On Dec 20, 2009
Infact all federal roads from north central(especially kogi) to south(southeast, south west en south south). All of em says welcome to heaven/hell untimely.
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by suxes2005(m): 4:57pm On Dec 20, 2009
Okada from my office to my house. U go smell pepper

SHALOM
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 20, 2009
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by whiteroses(f): 10:19pm On Dec 20, 2009
they said they want to improve life quality in nigeria, i say cancel 7 point agenda and do all the roads, i swear at least 100 thousand lives will be saved each year lol
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by mamagee3(f): 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2009
Abuja has got the best roads in Nigeria
Abia state has the worst
. tongue
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by magragold(m): 5:53pm On Dec 22, 2009
Benin City-Ore Expresswaysad
Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene Road shocked
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by selingel: 11:28pm On Dec 25, 2009
In Nigeria today, the worst road is Ikot-Ekpene - Aba road. A car can disappear inside the huge pot-holes along that road. It is the worst in Nigeria today. No car in Nigeria can survive that road if rain falls. I will give any car driver that come out of that road $5,000 catch if he/she succeeds to drive the road after rain falls. I mean every single word. I am talking out of experince.
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by NewBegins(m): 4:48am On Dec 26, 2009
I've travelled all states in 9ja, the worst road is from Ogbomosho - Ilorin/Jebba road, Very very worst. worst than benin - Ore road at the moment. Inshort everything about your ride go crash, Just prepare money for New Bumbers, Chocks, Plus the tankers drivers are not nice, They re ready to crash you to hell On the small bent road. Mehn I dont know how to describe it but its annoying and its the worst road i know so far,
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by abadaba(m): 1:57am On Feb 01, 2010
Port Harcourt-Enugu express way.
Owerri-7and half junction road.
Owerri-Onitsha road.
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 01, 2010
Benin Ore road.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? / Ikoyi Club Lagos Gutted By Fire / How To Avoid, Survive Traffic Jams In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.