Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Atheists Are Hypocrites - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Are Hypocrites (10561 Views)

Esther Ajayi:"Hypocrites Come To White Garment Church At Night, Hide In The Day" / New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree / Atheists Are More Intelligent ‘because They Overcome The Instinct Of Religion' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by felixomor: 8:07pm On Mar 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

False Dichotomy Fallacy

False dichotomy cannot be applied to an atheist.
Only if you want to now tell us u r an agnostic?

Which we know u r not.
Besides there is nothing like half existence.
You either exist or u dont.
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by Ranchhoddas: 8:07pm On Mar 10, 2017
4everGod:

Quit trying to juggle English...what you do not know, you still do not know. Rejection of belief is simply unbelief as a noun.

Get with the programme.

British Dictionary definitions for unbelief Expand
unbelief
/ˌʌnbɪˈliːf/
noun
disbelief or rejection of belief
Haba boss. We both know matters like this border on philosophy and go beyond dictionary definitions. You are commiting the 'false dichotomy fallacy'.
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by felixomor: 8:08pm On Mar 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

remember the Messi-Ronaldo analogy you and our medic Felixomor went through in a particular thread? he quickly jumped away from it once you've defeated it

grin
Daydreamer
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by randomperson: 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2017
luvmijeje:

But I've seen his awesomeness. So something is missing. Please retrace your footstep.
You have seen God's awesomeness?? Well, that's the same thing Muslims, Ogun worshippers, Zeus worshippers and adherents of other religions claim... And u can't all be right.
So can u explain the awesomeness that adherents of other religion experience and how it is different from yours...
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 10, 2017
randomperson:

Is rejection of belief also a belief? Because you claim atheists believe there is no god... So is rejection of belief also a belief.
It's a yes or no question

Rejection of a belief automatically gives you a belief in your rejection. Do i need to break it down to you any further?

If you reject the belief that Seun Owns Nairaland that means you accept the belief that HE DOES NOT OWN nairaland.

This is elementary English. I am surprised you are debating this. Lmao
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 10, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Haba boss. We both know matters like this border on philosophy and go beyond dictionary definitions. You are commiting the 'false dichotomy fallacy'.

So is Philosophy used to define atheism? lmao
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by hopefulLandlord: 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2017
felixomor:

False dichotomy cannot be applied to an atheist. Only if you want to now tell us u r an agnostic?
Which we know u r not. Besides there is nothing like half existence. You either exist or u dont.
lol
you don't even know what false dichotomy fallacy means
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by felixomor: 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2017
4everGod:

Rejection of a belief automatically gives you a belief in your rejection. Do i need to break it down to you any further?

If you reject the belief that Seun Owns Nairaland that means you accept the belief that HE DOES NOT OWN nairaland.

That man is going to argue with u even if u bring oxford dictionary....
I have explained this to him before
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by luvmijeje(f): 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2017
randomperson:

You have seen God's awesomeness?? Well, that's the same thing Muslims, Ogun worshippers, Zeus worshippers and adherents of other religions claim... And u can't all be right.
So can u explain the awesomeness that adherents of other religion experience and how it is different from yours...
I can't because I don't know what they felt. You tell me what they felt?
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by randomperson: 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2017
luvmijeje:

I hope you didn't miss the part that says in spirit and in truth. John 4:24 says
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
So go and start faking it o, the all knowing God will know.
How do you know god is a spirit?
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by hopefulLandlord: 8:13pm On Mar 10, 2017
felixomor:

grin
Daydreamer

that you daydreamed your way into being a medic doesn't make everyone else a daydreamer grin

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 10, 2017
felixomor:

That man is going to argue with u even if u bring oxford dictionary....
I have explained this to him before

I am gobsmacked that he is arguing this shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by luvmijeje(f): 8:14pm On Mar 10, 2017
randomperson:

How do you know god is a spirit?

How do you know God is not a spirit?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by felixomor: 8:15pm On Mar 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

lol

you don't even know what false dichotomy fallacy means

A-theos (greek)
Already takes a position.
I think u r the one who doesnt know what dichotomy is

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 10, 2017
luvmijeje:

How do you know God is not a spirit?

grin grin grin
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by felixomor: 8:16pm On Mar 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

that you daydreamed your way into being a medic doesn't make everyone else a daydreamer grin

Hehehehe...
U really wish everyone is fake like ur monikers abi?
Yeah rite grin
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 10, 2017
felixomor:

Hehehehe...
U really wish everyone is fake like ur monikers abi?
Yeah rite grin

I expected the atheists in the religion section to have been going all commando all the while i was away but they are still the same old drab, dreary Nairaland court Jesters only suitable for entertainment. They just may have dropped a couple of notches in value and relevance though.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by hopefulLandlord: 8:26pm On Mar 10, 2017
felixomor:

A-theos (greek)
Already takes a position.
I think u r the one who doesnt know what dichotomy is

grin

see intellectual o

you know definition of atheism has changed a lot over the years? even you and Randomperson has gone through this in the past where you pulled the Messi Ronaldo analogy

I guess its easier to define atheism in the way its easier to attack

anyways, my position is that Yahweh/Allah does not exist, if he does he's not the way the bible/koran describes him
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by hopefulLandlord: 8:29pm On Mar 10, 2017
felixomor:

Hehehehe... U really wish everyone is fake like ur monikers abi? Yeah rite grin
Tu Quoque
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by Ranchhoddas: 8:33pm On Mar 10, 2017
4everGod:

So is Philosophy used to define atheism? lmao
Yes. It's a philosophical position, not a grammatical one. Same for religion. Even Christians disagree on the definition of Christianity as found in the dictionary.
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by felixomor: 8:35pm On Mar 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

grin

see intellectual o

you know definition of atheism has changed a lot over the years? even you and Randomperson has gone through this in the past where you pulled the Messi Ronaldo analogy

I guess its easier to define atheism in the way its easier to attack

anyways, my position is that Yahweh/Allah does not exist, if he does he's not the way the bible/koran describes him

And yet u r claiming false dichotomy
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 10, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Yes. It's a philosophical position, not a grammatical one. Same for religion. Even Christians disagree on the definition of Christianity as found in the dictionary.

Wrong! I suggest you huddle up with your buddies and thrash that out and also tell yourselves how philosophy comes into play over a simple word like unbelief or rejection of belief. Are those words not the root of atheism?

Regarding Christianity, its a lack of maturity that brings varied opinions but not so with atheism.
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by hopefulLandlord: 8:40pm On Mar 10, 2017
felixomor:

And yet u r claiming false dichotomy

nope you pulled the fallacy on someone and I showed it to you

me being atheistic to the Abrahamic god doesn't make me atheistic to every other god

got it medic?
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by felixomor: 8:46pm On Mar 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

nope you pulled the fallacy on someone and I showed it to you

me being atheistic to the Abrahamic god doesn't make me atheistic to every other god

got it medic?

You dont even understand that the definition of atheism ends with God/gods.....

Hian
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by randomperson: 8:48pm On Mar 10, 2017
luvmijeje:

I can't because I don't know what they felt. You tell me what they felt?
It's the same thing you're feeling... It's just false validation
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by frank317: 8:48pm On Mar 10, 2017
luvmijeje:

I'm not disproving it so why should I prove it?

Lol... You believe my ass tastes like sugar?

Of course I know u are not disproving it... But I m kind of wondering what you think about it now that I have mentioned.
Seriously... My ass tastes like sugar..
What do u think
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by randomperson: 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2017
4everGod:

So if rejection of belief is a belief, why do dictionaries make that distinction?
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by hopefulLandlord: 8:55pm On Mar 10, 2017
felixomor:

You dont even understand that the definition of atheism ends with God/gods.....

Hian

nope simple definition of atheism those days are too narrow and tunnel shaped

the Bible for instance says "there is no God"

you and I both know that "God" is actually referring to a specific god otherwise it would have been "There ARE no gods";

Diagoras of Melos was regarded to be at atheist because he rejected the only god people worshipped; this muddle of confusion and failure to define what atheism really is has been a source of philosophical arguments and debates; even Richard Dawkins never claimed there is no god; he said "There's probably no god" because a definitive position on the existence of every single god both past and present without testing each and every one of the said gods is a position of arrogance

you're atheistic to some gods and agnostic to many too
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by frank317: 8:57pm On Mar 10, 2017
4everGod:

They assume that negatives are never proven but forget that a negative when multiplied by a negative results to a positive. When disbelief becomes anothers position of belief is same as when a belief is a persons position.

If i disbelieve that my father is dead that translates to me believing that he is alive. My unbelief has given rise to my belief.

Why do these cacophony of atheists never ever think outside the box? Why why why! undecided undecided

Lol... All this long talk for a supposed Creator of the whole world

Your God idea is a joke... Just face it, your God does not exist
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by hopefulLandlord: 8:58pm On Mar 10, 2017
This thread has descended to the same mediocrity almost all threads fall into

we are just here debating schematics which we'll debate till 20 pages and both set of debaters would still hold on to the same opinion after everything and a new thread would bring same debate on schematics again and again
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by felixomor: 8:58pm On Mar 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

nope simple definition of atheism those days are too narrow and tunnel shaped

the Bible for instance says "there is no God"

you and I both know that "God" is actually referring to a specific god otherwise it would have been "There ARE no gods"; this muddle of confusion and failure to define what atheism really is has been a source of philosophical arguments and debates; even Richard Dawkins never claimed there is no god; he said "There's probably no god" because a definitive position on the existence of every single god both past and present without testing each and every one of the said gods is a position of arrogance

you're atheistic to some gods and agnostic to many too

Smh.
You now want to twist urself into deism? lipsrsealed
In other words maybe Chineke exists and Oluwa doesnt...
See confusion

U guys r one funny lot.
Honestly
Re: Atheists Are Hypocrites by CatfishBilly: 9:01pm On Mar 10, 2017
You all are just being philosophical, playing with words and stuff. I'm practical. I'm designed that way.
Is there a God? theists say yes
If there's a God, he listens to prayers of his subjects and grants them? Theists say yes. It's written in the Holy Book.
That's the ultimate test for God.
Saying God answers prayers on his own time when he is supposed to be all powerful and all knowing is just a cop out.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome: Life Before And After Divorce / Don’t Give Up (your Breaking Point Is Your Breakthrough Point) / Win 2.5 Million Naira If You Can Prove That Juju/god Is Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.