Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,387 members, 7,812,144 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago (4098 Views)

Corper Blessing Visited 3 Days Ago And Something Happened [Picture] / UNILAG Girl Recounts Her "Rape & Beg" Experience With A Man, Unilagolodo / “I Almost Lost My Life 3 Days Ago But My Boobs Saved Me” - Lady Recounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by ThugCheetah(m): 11:50pm On Mar 12, 2017
Drienzia:

This is not a Calumny

Can't keep this to myself any longer ..

Two days ago,I boarded a taxi.. on the Abraka/Orerokpe(Ethiop east) Rd, the taxi was stopped by the department of state security service (DSS), after looking at everyone in the vehicle, I was asked to come out.. (Maybe because, I was the only young person in it) in his statement, "See as u fine like this" initially, I thought it was just mere flattering, till I was asked to bring out my device and unlock it. Wow..He logged into my FB Acc, then down to my inbox, Same applies to my WhatsApp Acc. I was perplexed. He moved down to my gallery and was checking my photos, After checking, and finding nothing implicating, We were allowed to continue with our journey. Long story short, I was really embarrassed. I mean, there's a right to PRIVATE AND FAMILY LIFE. Our mobile phones should be our privacy. What's the business with My personal device with the DSS if they weren't asked to come check me for an order from d court? 9ja which way? Na so we go de dee?

I'm sharing this, not because I want to get an attention.. Did this because I really was hurt, and its disheartening, seeing our beloved country being knocked down by those who er supposed to make sure citizens er law abiding...
are u based in either South south or South east?
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by Drienzia: 11:52pm On Mar 12, 2017
ThugCheetah:
are u based in either South south or South east?
SS
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by progress69: 11:52pm On Mar 12, 2017
Drienzia:
Because they were wearing beads and grinding pepper...
K
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by ThugCheetah(m): 11:54pm On Mar 12, 2017
Drienzia:
SS
of course
They were looking for Biafra related stuff on ur phone

1 Like

Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by Drienzia: 11:55pm On Mar 12, 2017
ThugCheetah:
of course
They were looking for Biafra related stuff on ur phone
lol, guy, don't let our Igbo brothers see this ya comment
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by ThugCheetah(m): 11:57pm On Mar 12, 2017
Drienzia:
lol, guy, don't let our Igbo brothers see this ya comment
why?
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by Drienzia: 11:58pm On Mar 12, 2017
ThugCheetah:
why?
They'd say you bringing tribalism to wot doesn't seem related to it
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by ThugCheetah(m): 12:02am On Mar 13, 2017
Drienzia:
They'd say you bringing tribalism to wot doesn't seem related to it
guy I'm telling u something
As long as u are sure its DSS and ur in ss
They were looking for Biafra related stuffs
If u had one single Biafra picture on your phone, they would have arrested u
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by Drienzia: 7:59am On Mar 13, 2017
ThugCheetah:
guy I'm telling u something
As long as u are sure its DSS and ur in ss
They were looking for Biafra related stuffs
If u had one single Biafra picture on your phone, they would have arrested u
Na wa o.. This Biafra thing don reach like that?
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by ikombe: 10:04am On Mar 13, 2017
doctorkush:
bro, naa you go die no be dem... By the time dem give u three resounding slaps,naa the tears for your eye go waka go log in... Even if u sabi buhari, u go don suffer first...
Na becos of more people like you na why naija no fit move forward angry
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 13, 2017
ikombe:
Na becos of more people like you na why naija no fit move forward angry
my profession gives me advantages... I don't have problem with forces.. But i beg u,don't try to be a hero...no one needs it...

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 13, 2017
doctorkush:
my profession gives me advantages... I don't have problem with forces.. But i beg u,don't try to be a hero...no one needs it...
Really? What d'you do?
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by solbinho: 2:29pm On Mar 13, 2017
No be new thing bros
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by ikombe: 3:31pm On Mar 13, 2017
doctorkush:
Martin Luther king was a hero and he died so blacks can have there freedom and no wan will look down on dem . He died not seeing wat he achieved. A good name is better than all the richies in this world angry
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 13, 2017
ikombe:
Martin Luther king was a hero and he died so blacks can have there freedom and no wan will look down on dem . He died not seeing wat he achieved. A good name is better than all the richies in this world angry
in a sane country where majority stands with him...unlike here... Eni ori yo,odi le...not when you are still a b****y civilian.. Think about it bro... Even the people you fight for will blame u.. "Who send you"
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 13, 2017
CreamyMoltenLar:
Really? What d'you do?
why do you ask sir?? Got health issues??
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by Divay22(f): 3:44pm On Mar 13, 2017
firstking01:
If it's me i won't let them ransack my phone down to my fb and whatsapp, that's a bridge of privacy...there's a limit to every nonsense, me, i'm a very stubborn person o.
I sorry for you o bro...sometimes it's better you just let them check to avoid stories that touch
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by Divay22(f): 3:47pm On Mar 13, 2017
So sorry about that
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by ikombe: 4:00pm On Mar 13, 2017
doctorkush:
in a sane country where majority stands with him...unlike here... Eni ori yo,odi le...not when you are still a b****y civilian.. Think about it bro... Even the people you fight for will blame u.. "Who send you"
Baba na true u talk joor undecided

This country don tire me.

Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by firstking01(m): 4:30pm On Mar 13, 2017
Divay22:

I sorry for you o bro...sometimes it's better you just let them check to avoid stories that touch
I'm a very stubborn person o, i warn again...NO force man can search me upto my fb and whatsapp account.
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by Divay22(f): 4:34pm On Mar 13, 2017
firstking01:
I'm a very stubborn person o, i warn again...NO force man can search me upto my fb and whatsapp account.
His like you have a force person in your family o wink grin
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by firstking01(m): 4:41pm On Mar 13, 2017
Divay22:
His like you have a force person in your family o wink grin
This is just the mentality i'm talking about, like i must always have a force man in my family or as a friend before i can exercise my fundamental right which i was taught in citizenship education huhundecided??...they should try and stop me on the road and search my fb and whatsapp content then we would know the diff between a police dog and a mad dog...ain't they flesh and blood like you?, and majority of them are illiterates who don't know the concept of the rule of law in constitution and legitimacy in powerundecided
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by Divay22(f): 4:45pm On Mar 13, 2017
firstking01:
This is just the mentality i'm talking about, like i must always have a force man in my family or as a friend before i can exercise my fundamental right which i was taught in citizenship education huhundecided??...they should try and stop me on the road and search my fb and whatsapp content then we would know the diff between a police dog and a mad dog...ain't they flesh and blood like you?, and majority of them are illiterates who don't know the concept of the rule of law in constitution and legitimacy in powerundecided
Hey broda abeg no vex,we're just trying to avoid them to prevent stories that touch
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by firstking01(m): 5:02pm On Mar 13, 2017
Divay22:
Hey broda abeg no vex,we're just trying to avoid them to prevent stories that touch
Ok.
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by iyobs7(f): 5:14pm On Mar 13, 2017
I encountered same thing in Benin... I just came in from overseas where I went to study and was in a cab with my gf going to a bus park because I was on my way to calabar.

The cab man took a one way road, so when we were stopped by the policemen I thought it was because of the wrong driving. But to my greatest surprise I was asked to step out of the car, I was dazed, afraid and confused.

All the policemen were heavily armed and I was ushered into their van. They asked for my phone, well it was an iPhone 5s, they went through my contact, saw a UK number which luckily belonged to my big sis and thank God I stored it as Big Sis. My saving grace was that I just collected the iPhone from my big bro in replacement for my Samsung Note 3. I haven't synchronised my Google contacts, so there was nothing really in the phone.

I had to bring out my intl passport, showed the man my visa showing I am a student that just came in a few days and he was like ok you can go.

I was really traumatised and felt helpless. Truth is for those who will want to claim big boy and stand their ground, hmmm those guns are quiet intimidating and for your own safety just comply.
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by Drienzia: 7:10pm On Mar 13, 2017
iyobs7:
I encountered same thing in Benin... I just came in from overseas where I went to study and was in a cab with my gf going to a bus park because I was on my way to calabar.

The cab man took a one way road, so when we were stopped by the policemen I thought it was because of the wrong driving. But to my greatest surprise I was asked to step out of the car, I was dazed, afraid and confused.

All the policemen were heavily armed and I was ushered into their van. They asked for my phone, well it was an iPhone 5s, they went through my contact, saw a UK number which luckily belonged to my big sis and thank God I stored it as Big Sis. My saving grace was that I just collected the iPhone from my big bro in replacement for my Samsung Note 3. I haven't synchronised my Google contacts, so there was nothing really in the phone.

I had to bring out my intl passport, showed the man my visa showing I am a student that just came in a few days and he was like ok you can go.

I was really traumatised and felt helpless. Truth is for those who will want to claim big boy and stand their ground, hmmm those guns are quiet intimidating and for your own safety just comply.
Na wa o..sorry abt that bro
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by Mishhcre(m): 10:56am On Dec 03, 2022
How can DSS be so lawless?
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by spencekat(m): 11:48am On Dec 03, 2022
Two NDLEA guys stopped our vehicle and ordered that I and one other guy should come out for a search.After searching me,the useless officer said that I should give him my phone,I strongly refused.After making some watery threats,he had to let me go .

1 Like

Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by Autobot05: 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2022
You for change am for am sha ...
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by 4ward4: 3:38pm On Dec 03, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
Lolz..they are not DSS...probably police or they impersonating DSS...DSS don't deal with trival things..if DSS get your matter for mind..you won't be here..just forget it..

True they aren't DSS.
DSS doesn't work like that and they don't miss their target . At least someone must follow them back. Those are police of the SWAT team
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by Patriotsleague: 6:43pm On Dec 03, 2022
Police actually have right to check your phone, if they feel it might help them identify you. In America and Europe, even UK, it happens, watch CBS reality you will see, nothing wrong here. Let them check if you have nothing to fear about.
Re: My Experience With DSS Two Days Ago by dontrulee: 6:46pm On Dec 03, 2022
Normal stuff happening to me and that's why I don't like taking public transport, or If I have no option I go with my less expensive phone(s). grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Evils Of Skimpy Clothes On Girls#must read / Why Igbo Girls Are The Most Beautiful.... / What's Wrong With This Daughter And Mother Picture? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.