Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,808 members, 7,866,139 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:17 PM

Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. (15188 Views)

Pictures Of New Abule-Egba Fly Over / Fly Over And Road Construction In Epe, Lagos Ongoing (Photos) / Photos Of Ongoing Construction Of Abule Egba Fly Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by Kingsley1000(m): 6:29am On Mar 15, 2017
obiano is a scam
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by Kingsley1000(m): 6:31am On Mar 15, 2017
XerXers:

obiano has no power to barricade a federal expressway, next time he should build his substandard flyover on state roads and barricade it such that only ants can pass and we won't care. The immaturity of anambra people will not stop serious people from giving their candid opinions
that flyover Is so substandard to compare with what's obtainable in lagos,kano and akwa ibom
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by LasGidiOwner: 6:44am On Mar 15, 2017
The flyover is very standard by all engineering analysis. Preventing possible accident is the way to go. Obiano is a very futuristic thinking governor, he has for-saw that some day containers or other heavy vehicles may cause obstruction and accident on that flyover, so he is preventing such from happening at all to save lives and properties. There is already a route provided for heavy duty vehicles to ply. See the scenario he is trying to avoid below:

1. Lagos

2. Awka

[s]
XerXers:

obiano has no power to barricade a federal expressway, next time he should build his substandard flyover on state roads and barricade it such that only ants can pass and we won't care. The immaturity of anambra people will not stop serious people from giving their candid opinions
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by wawappl: 7:11am On Mar 15, 2017
nonsobaba:
Jealous Wawa clowns from Enugu state, together with their Imo state collaborators trying hard to discredit the best governor in Nigeria as if it would save their own states from the two buffons there.
why are u obsessed by wawa land.. every time u want to comment on any issue u must mention wawa. whats ur problem. I use to live in anambra and i enjoyed my stay there, good people . same way we have many families from anambra living and enjoying their lives in wawa land. infact some of them even if u dash them duplex in Anambra they will still prefer wawa land. so take ur inferiority complex elsewhere.
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by nonsobaba: 7:33am On Mar 15, 2017
wawappl:
why are u obsessed by wawa land.. every time u want to comment on any issue u must mention wawa. whats ur problem. I use to live in anambra and i enjoyed my stay there, good people . same way we have many families from anambra living and enjoying their lives in wawa land. infact some of them even if u dash them duplex in Anambra they will still prefer wawa land. so take ur inferiority complex elsewhere.
Wawa people are too clownish for my liking. Their mgbeke behaviour is nauseating.
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by Kingsley1000(m): 7:43am On Mar 15, 2017
nonsobaba:
Wawa people are too clownish for my liking. Their mgbeke behaviour is nauseating.
why are u always castigating enugu people ?remember we were one before.
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by nonsobaba: 7:50am On Mar 15, 2017
Kingsley1000:
why are u always castigating enugu people ?remember we were one before.
'We were one before'. That was before they showed themselves as saboteurs. Anambra and those clowns have nothing in common.
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by XerXers: 7:57am On Mar 15, 2017
nonsobaba:
'We were one before'. That was before they showed themselves as saboteurs. Anambra and those clowns have nothing in common.
yes, we have nothing in common with empty chest beaters and noisy clowns. Obiano will be arrested
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by XerXers: 7:58am On Mar 15, 2017
nonsobaba:
Lol, i love the way we knock sense into your arrogant skull
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by XerXers: 8:01am On Mar 15, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
This can buy that substandard road. [b]This is actually Ugwuanyi's only achievement in almost 3yrs. [/b]Now compare it with this massive real infrastructural development that cuts across the state, of course the bridge can purchase 10 or 20 of that road like akara. This is just 1 of 3 such heavy infrastructural development. Just negodi transformation of Anambra rural areas without noise, can we say the same about your state. cool

[s][/s]
grin Ugwuanyi will be two years in May, A bridge in Enugu state is what you people have been using for almost ten years to access the glorified borehole you drilled in kogi land grin grin grin grin, you will pay us in arrears cool. Meanwhile this is rural road transformation, without anybody wearing Ankara with his face in it to dance around in the name of inspection

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 8:04am On Mar 15, 2017
You are just a clown. You didn't make any sense at all. Show us the said bridge. See another heavy infrastructure under 2yrs of no noise. This is the 2nd Oil rig bridge. cool

[s]
XerXers:

grin Ugwuanyi will two years in May, A bridge in Enugu state is what you people have been using for almost ten years to acess the glorified borehole you drilled in kogi land grin grin grin grin, you will pay us in arrears cool
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by XerXers: 8:19am On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedized1:
You are just a clown. You didn't make any sense at all. Show us the said bridge. See another heavy infrastructure under 2yrs of no noise. This is the 2nd Oil rig bridge. cool

[s][/s]
keep quiet and pay us our arrears
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by XerXers: 8:21am On Mar 15, 2017
wawappl:
Inferiority COmplex is the keyword. They like picking childish fights, look at how Obiano started unnecessary and very petty fight with okorocha. He was brought to Enugu and taught simple decorum
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 8:25am On Mar 15, 2017
Clown show us the bridge we shall pay for?

[s]
XerXers:

keep quiet and pay us our arrears
[/s]
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 8:26am On Mar 15, 2017
You are the ones suffering inferiority complex if not you wouldn't feel insulted because someone called you wawa. Is 'wawa'' not a nomenclature from your state? Why then are you ashamed of it?

[s]
XerXers:

Inferiority COmplex is the keyword. They like picking childish fights, look at how Obiano started unnecessary and very petty fight with okorocha. He was brought to Enugu and taught simple decorum
[/s]
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by omenkaLives(m): 8:35am On Mar 15, 2017
ThatCEO:
The crack in the first picture is quite wide and water is entering and corroding the steel reinforcement. Erosion in the East is probably worse than anywhere else and the contractor should have place more emphasis on this. There should be clearly defined path for water drainage and also enough concrete cover for steel rebar.

However, I don't see any immediate panic. Hopefully, the bridge will survive another 5 years, just enough time for the expiration of Obiano's second tenure, if he wins grin grin grin

The dead load on that column (poor load transfer n uneven settlement), a quack decision in the name of fancy design, with the air of corrosive water will lead to it's eventual collapse in 10years.
I was hoping to see our engineers in the house point to this but have been disappointed no one ever did. happy to see someone finally noticed it.

I'm not an engineer but when I saw the design of the bridge, being an avid fan of National Geographic, I couldn't stop scratching my head when I heard people call the bridge a "suspension" bridge! I have seen countless number of suspension bridges and known for a fact the hangers are meant to suspend the deck, running from pillars poles apart. But in this case, the hangers don't even seen to be holding any weight at all but rather seem be be in place just for aesthetics, and the bulk weight week to be overwhelming the pullers doing the actual weight lifting.

this is a fatal design flaw if you ask me, and this is no "suspension" bridge for the hangers aren't really what is holding the deck but the pillars beneath the deck are.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by XerXers: 8:40am On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedized1:
You are the ones suffering inferiority complex if not you wouldn't feel insulted because someone called you wawa. Is 'wawa'' not a nomenclature from your state? Why then are you ashamed of it?

[s][/s]
Enugu state is Wawa state, calling Enugu wawa is not the problem, the problem is calling on wawa people for Obiano's collapsing flyover

1 Like

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 8:43am On Mar 15, 2017
Below was the picture during construction. The weight of the hangers are transferred to the beam that joins the pillar to the substructure. This is done to spread the load and still provide the aesthetics. It was well thought out from the beginning.

omenkaLives:
I was hoping to see our engineers in the house point to this but have been disappointed no one ever did. happy to see someone finally noticed it.

I'm not an engineer but when I saw the design of the bridge, being an avid fan of National Geographic, I couldn't stop scratching my head when I heard people call the bridge a "suspension" bridge! I have seen countless number of suspension bridges and known for a fact the hangers are meant to suspend the deck, running from pillars poles apart. But in this case, the hangers don't even seen to be holding any weight at all but rather seem be be in place just for aesthetics, and the bulk weight week to be overwhelming the pullers doing the actual weight lifting.

this is a fatal design flaw if you ask me, and this is no "suspension" bridge for the hangers aren't really what is holding the deck but the pillars beneath the deck are.

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 8:47am On Mar 15, 2017
You are really not making sense. Whether he calls you wawa while you are pooing or while you are collapsing into coma, it does not matter, what matters is that ''wawa'' as a nomenclature belongs to your people though I don't know if Nsukka area where you come from adopts that too. Sincerely I don't fancy e-war with your state or people because I don't enjoy it the way I do for say eg, Imo state.

[s]
XerXers:

Enugu state is Wawa state, calling Enugu wawa is not the problem, the problem is calling on wawa people for Obiano's collapsing flyover
[/s]
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by XerXers: 8:49am On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedized1:
Clown show us the bridge we shall pay for?

[s][/s]
Where is our money?? grin grin grin grin. Hear Obiano himself
https://www.nairaland.com/3249977/anambra-over-1-billion-barrels

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 8:50am On Mar 15, 2017
Forget about what is written and show me the damn bridge. I can as well write something similar and post it here as evidence without showing the actual bridge. cool

[s]
XerXers:

Where is our money?? grin grin grin grin. Hear Obiano himself
https://www.nairaland.com/3249977/anambra-over-1-billion-barrels
[/s]
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by XerXers: 8:52am On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedized1:
You are really not making sense. Whether he calls you wawa while you are pooing or while you are collapsing into coma, it does not matter, what matters is that ''wawa'' as a nomenclature belongs to your people though I don't know if Nsukka area where you come from adopts that too. Sincerely I don't fancy e-war with your state or people because I don't enjoy it the way I do for say eg, Imo state.

[s][/s]
hehehe thank you for accepting that WaWa is above you for your childish e-wars. Wawa is Enugu and Enugu is Wawa. Calling Enugu wawa is not the issue, calling wawa people instead of addressing obiano's collapsing bridge, and running away from an afonja that challenged him with Ogun state flyover
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by XerXers: 8:53am On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedized1:
Forget about what is written and show me the damn bridge. I can as well write something similar and post it here as evidence without showing the actual bridge. cool

[s][/s]
Click on the link, your governor said that. Where is our money grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by omofunaab(m): 8:54am On Mar 15, 2017
FKO81:

Sango Ota flyover Ogun state

That's a federal government fly over.. ..
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 8:56am On Mar 15, 2017
Listen my friend, it is not about being above or under. The point is knowing that wawa is a word that belongs to Enugu state people. For the records the bridge does not have any issue considering the pictures already posted here to fault the OP. The reason for the barricade for heavy duty vehicle is because of the scenario I painted up there with pictures from Lagos and Awka flyovers. I don't enjoy fighting with your state or it's people because of affinity in some ways which is personal to me. Let us keep it at that.

XerXers:

hehehe thank you for accepting that WaWa is above you for your childish e-wars. Wawa is Enugu and Enugu is Wawa. Calling Enugu wawa is not the issue, calling wawa people instead of addressing obiae, and running away from an afonja that challenged him with Ogun state flyover
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 8:58am On Mar 15, 2017
Passion, be reasonable enough to show us the said bridge cool

[s]
XerXers:

Click on the link, your governor said that. Where is our money grin grin grin grin grin
[/s]
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by omenkaLives(m): 8:59am On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedized1:
Below was the picture during construction. The weight of the hangers are transferred to the beam that joins the pillar to the substructure. This is done to spread the load and still provide the aesthetics. It was well thought out from the beginning.

I beg to disagree.

Now, when you look at the two beams from which the hangers run, you'd see that they aren't even far apart, and to make matters worse, there is a pillar inbetween them holding the weight of the deck. ln addition, the beams appear to be a separate structure entirely, originating FROM THE SIDE OF THE DECK ITSELF when they should be integral parts of the columns themselves! Come on, who designs stuff like that?

The weight of the deck, from the structural design, is distributed only between the pillars/columns and the hangers aren't really holding any weight due to the proximity of the pillars.

That is what I can see.
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 9:01am On Mar 15, 2017
Look at the picture closely, you will see that the hanger were placed on the beam which equally transferred the load to the pillars down to the substructure. I am not an engineer but this is clear to even a bricklayer.It was directly placed on the same direction with the pillars which makes it very okay. You can equally see how the pillar is overlapped by the hanger.

omenkaLives:
I beg to disagree.

Now, when you look at the two beams from which the hangers run, you'd see that they aren't even far apart, and to make matters worse, there is a pillar inbetween them holding the weight of the deck. in addition, the beams appear to be a separate structure entirely, originating FROM THE DECK ITSELF when they should be integral pars of the columns themselves! Come on, go designs stuff like that?

The weight of the deck, from the structural design, is distributed only between the pillars/columns and the hangers aren't really holding any weight due to the proximity of the pillars.

That is what I can see.

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by XerXers: 9:12am On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedized1:
Listen my friend, it is not about being above or under. The point is knowing that wawa is a word that belongs to Enugu state people. For the records the bridge does not have any issue considering the pictures already posted here to fault the OP. The reason for the barricade for heavy duty vehicle is because of the scenario I painted up there with pictures from Lagos and Awka flyovers. I don't enjoy fighting with your state or it's people because of affinity in some ways which is personal to me. Let us keep it at that.

have you ever seen any barricade on a federal expressway??
@bolded: why not allow nonsobaba to come and finish what he started?

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by XerXers: 9:15am On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedized1:
Passion, be reasonable enough to show us the said bridge cool

[s][/s]
bros, no need for this, just pay us our money, your governor has admitted guilty as charged grin grin grin grin
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by omenkaLives(m): 9:15am On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedized1:
Look at the picture closely, you will see that the hanger were placed on the beam which equally transferred the load to the pillars down to the substructure. I am not an engineer but this is clear to even a bricklayer.It was directly placed on the same direction with the pillars which makes it very okay. You can equally see how the pillar is overlapped by the hanger.

Your picture even validates my reservations more. He beams aren't directly connected the pillars but the deck itself. Under sheer strain, they can easily cave in, but there can't be any sheer strain on them because the pillar inbetween them has taken all that weight. In addition, who makes such a combo of materials when building a "suspension" bridge? Pillars are made of reinforced concrete while the beams of the hangers are made of steel! It is even likely those beans are made of aluminium to reduce the sheer weight of the entire structure and the stress on the pillars. Please help me find out.

Uniformity/homogeneity matters alot when dealing with weights in engineering brother!
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 9:21am On Mar 15, 2017
Omenka, I don;t know how else to explain this. I have been there several times so I know what am talking about.

omenkaLives:
Your picture even validates my reservations more. He beams aren't directly connected the pillars but the deck itself. Under sheer strain, they can easily cave in, but there can't be any sheer strain on them because the pillar inbetween them has taken all that weight. In addition, who makes such a combo of materials when building a "suspension" bridge? Pillars are made of reinforced concrete while the beams of the hangers are made of steel! It is even likely those beans are made of aluminium to reduce the sheer weight of the entire structure and the stress on the pillars. Please help me find out.

Uniformity/homogeneity matters alot when dealing with weights in engineering brother!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC NEC: Soldiers, Policemen, Take Over Party Secretariat / Presidential Election: Sowore Tops Poll Conducted By Tunde Ednut Via A Post(Pic) / Boko Haram Kills 7 Soldiers In Baroua, Niger Republic

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.