Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,715 members, 7,865,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:44 AM

Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. (15184 Views)

Pictures Of New Abule-Egba Fly Over / Fly Over And Road Construction In Epe, Lagos Ongoing (Photos) / Photos Of Ongoing Construction Of Abule Egba Fly Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by nonsobaba: 11:20am On Mar 14, 2017
bigsmoke2:

grin photo shop? Trust me, i know photo shop when I see one the ops picture is not photoshop and comments following the ops post from people who have also visited the bridge confirms the cracks. I understand your seniment because you are onye anambra but thats the more reason you yourself should be concerned
Comments from jealous wawa clowns from Enugu state and their Imo state collaborators confirms what?

1 Like

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by jamislaw(m): 11:22am On Mar 14, 2017
Lol Aba made fly over.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by LasGidiOwner: 11:29am On Mar 14, 2017
Please show us the cracks and stop whining and spitting dirty saliva. cool

[s]
loopman:

I will report you to for the insult.
[/s]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by Beremx(f): 11:33am On Mar 14, 2017
IF truly the bridge has a problem, i trust the government to fix it. The safety of motorists is my concern.
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by loopman: 11:34am On Mar 14, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Please show us the cracks and stop whining and spitting dirty saliva. cool

[s][/s]

Chino!! Last warning to a General
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by LasGidiOwner: 11:36am On Mar 14, 2017
Madam Saliu, the bridge is intack and has no issues as shown by the real pictures posted up there. Do not mind the op misinformation.

Beremx:
IF truly the bridge has a problem, i trust the government to fix it. The safety of motorists is my concern.
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by nonsobaba: 11:36am On Mar 14, 2017
Mynd44, can you please take down this thread for making false and unsubstantiated allegation that is designed to cause panic among motorists thereby endangering their lives? The pictures uploaded are clearly photoshoped and that breaks several rules on Nairaland.
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by LasGidiOwner: 11:37am On Mar 14, 2017
I know you. You wanna roll? cool

loopman:

Chino!! Last warning to a General
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by loopman: 11:43am On Mar 14, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
I know you. You wanna roll? cool

Let's start, you want this thread littered with the usual
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by Nukualofa: 11:46am On Mar 14, 2017
momentarylapse:

What is wrong with you?
i should be asking you that quoted it
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by LasGidiOwner: 11:50am On Mar 14, 2017
You are a clown. What's my own with this thread? It is a good play ground for me either.

loopman:

Let's start, you want this thread littered with the usual
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by Beremx(f): 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Madam Saliu, the bridge is intack and has no issues as shown by the real pictures posted up there. Do not mind the op misinformation.

Chinonso, you prefer to call me by my husband's name okwa ya? ok o! grin
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by donbene4(m): 12:09pm On Mar 14, 2017
momentarylapse:

What is wrong with you?
nd you had to quote all of that cos of this short sentence??
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by villagecraft: 12:30pm On Mar 14, 2017
I am the OP right, now see why this guys won't have sense. This pictures were taken yesterday. If you doubt again, bet me, the aftermath of this substandard structure will hit one of your own

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by villagecraft: 12:31pm On Mar 14, 2017
nonsobaba:
Mynd44, can you please take down this thread for making false and unsubstantiated allegation that is designed to cause panic among motorists thereby endangering their lives? The pictures uploaded are clearly photoshoped and that breaks several rules on Nairaland.

Why should the truth be taken down

1 Like

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by signz: 12:33pm On Mar 14, 2017
Election in Anambra is this November. So expect to hear anything sponsored by the Opposition in Anambra.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by villagecraft: 12:36pm On Mar 14, 2017
ThatCEO:
The crack in the first picture is quite wide and water is entering and corroding the steel reinforcement. Erosion in the East is probably worse than anywhere else and the contractor should have place more emphasis on this. There should be clearly defined path for water drainage and also enough concrete cover for steel rebar.

However, I don't see any immediate panic. Hopefully, the bridge will survive another 5 years, just enough time for the expiration of Obiano's second tenure, if he wins grin grin grin

The dead load on that column (poor load transfer n uneven settlement), a quack decision in the name of fancy design, with the air of corrosive water will lead to it's eventual collapse in 10years.

You will make heaven I swear. But believe me we are experts in Negligence, if we don't alert on it now, it will divert lives later.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by rafindo(m): 12:38pm On Mar 14, 2017
Mediocrity is the worst disease affecting Nigerians. As an reliability engineer the mean time to failure of that structure is certain .The paid fools are always defending substandard product.I pray all those who support mediocrity have their cousin die by what they praise

1 Like

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by LasGidiOwner: 12:38pm On Mar 14, 2017
You are a bitter fool. What you showed was when the project was still under construction. Did you see anywhere the structure has issue? Below is the completed project. Stop peddling your falsehood here because it won't fly so far am here.

[s]
villagecraft:
I am the OP right, now see why this guys won't have sense. This pictures were taken yesterday. If you doubt again, bet me, the aftermath of this substandard structure will hit one of your own
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by LasGidiOwner: 12:43pm On Mar 14, 2017
Day time pictures. Go and get a time-stamped picture of the same project to prove me wrong. Bunch of envious clowns.

1 Like

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by LasGidiOwner: 12:46pm On Mar 14, 2017
Another day time picture for the bitter ones. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by villagecraft: 12:49pm On Mar 14, 2017
Uncle, I'm not good at yabs, I no sabi. I live at TempSite Awka, The pix I uploaded are the kwata fly over,

LasGidiOwner:
You are a bitter fool. What you showed was when the project was still under construction. Did you see anywhere the structure has issue? Below is the completed project. Stop peddling your falsehood here because it won't fly so far am here.

[s][/s]

See the exact spots I snapped, go retake and upload.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by LasGidiOwner: 12:53pm On Mar 14, 2017
This is why you should be arrested because you are a criminal. You don't even know which one is Aroma and Kwatta, no wonder you are posting fake pictures. You are not even anywhere near Awka sef. cool

1. Kwatta flyover

2. Kwatta flyover

3. Arroma flyover

4. Arroma flyover

Do you see the difference now?

[s]
villagecraft:
Uncle, I'm not good at yabs, I no sabi. I live at TempSite Awka, The pix I uploaded are the kwata fly over, The night pix you show is that of Aroma, taken exactly from UBA front. Now you can guess how bitter truths are. Check again bro.

[/s]

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by osita76(m): 12:53pm On Mar 14, 2017
villagecraft:
Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful while using.
In less than two years, The Flyover Structures in Aroma built by the current Administration led by Willie Obiano is already showing signs of weakness and the Governor or has immediately delved into mounting barricades for huge and heavy duty vehicles.
http://www.naaija.com/obianos-overrated-fly-bridges-already-collapsing-careful-using-see-photos/This picture is from one of the best flyover in Africa Abidjan precisely and was been completed two years ago it was constructed by a reputable construction company from France but some cracks was witnessed so this is a common phenomenon and can be seen in any flyover around the world

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by osita76(m): 12:55pm On Mar 14, 2017
villagecraft:
In less than two years, The Flyover Structures in Aroma built by the current Administration led by Willie Obiano is already showing signs of weakness and the Governor or has immediately delved into mounting barricades for huge and heavy duty vehicles.
http://www.naaija.com/obianos-overrated-fly-bridges-already-collapsing-careful-using-see-photos/

more pictures
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by osita76(m): 1:42pm On Mar 14, 2017
villagecraft:
http://www.naaija.com/obianos-overrated-fly-bridges-already-collapsing-careful-using-see-photos/

more pictures from the one of the best flyover in Africa right in Abidjan

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by kasynlives: 1:53pm On Mar 14, 2017
Those flyovers are bae,one of the best around....if just dey for dat flyover dey overlook awka eeeh?! you go appreciate d beauty of dat emerging city.

6 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by moppie123(m): 4:56pm On Mar 14, 2017
ThatCEO:
The crack in the first picture is quite wide and water is entering and corroding the steel reinforcement. Erosion in the East is probably worse than anywhere else and the contractor should have place more emphasis on this. There should be clearly defined path for water drainage and also enough concrete cover for steel rebar.

However, I don't see any immediate panic. Hopefully, the bridge will survive another 5 years, just enough time for the expiration of Obiano's second tenure, if he wins grin grin grin

The dead load on that column (poor load transfer n uneven settlement), a quack decision in the name of fancy design, with the air of corrosive water will lead to it's eventual collapse in 10years.
The dead load on the column has always been part of the design right from time. Even in the 3D images before eventual construction, it has always been there. So the load would be considered in the structural design. I also don't think the columns cant take the load because looking at the picture, the load was evenly distributed on the columns and stands on a continuous end to end beam that supports it. My best guess would be soil movement or poor soil test considering the direction and shape of the crack. Anambra state and South East has issues with their soil though. My 2 cents tho

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ThatCEO: 5:35pm On Mar 14, 2017
moppie123:
The dead load on the column has always been part of the design right from time. Even in the 3D images before eventual construction, it has always been there. So the load would be considered in the structural design. I also don't think the columns cant take the load because looking at the picture, the load was evenly distributed on the columns and stands on a continuous end to end beam that supports it. My best guess would be soil movement or poor soil test considering the direction and shape of the crack. Anambra state and South East has issues with their soil though. My 2 cents tho

Sure, I believe there is nothing wrong with the design, but there could have been a problem with the material selection. A designer might have recommended the use of carbon fibre or glass fibre reinforced material for those props. These materials would have been 3times stronger, and 3 times lighter than the steel they eventually used for it, but would cost more. But to cut back the money, those guys could have decided to use steel.

1 Like

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by FKO81(m): 6:04pm On Mar 14, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/3324053/sango-ota-flyover-bridge-needs
Newly Sango-Ota flyover built by your governor is collapsing better soul tongue tongue
loopman:
Obiano is a scam!
Quote me wrongly and watch your life withered away
Below are the ways bridges of years are still standing in ogun state

1 Like

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by XerXers: 6:38pm On Mar 14, 2017
nonsobaba:
Jealous Wawa clowns from Enugu state, together with their Imo state collaborators trying hard to discredit the best governor in Nigeria as if it would save their own states from the two buffons there.
heheh, you are coward, you saw people using Ogun state bridge to rubbish your state but you are only interested in picking fights with Imo and Enugu. Lol, This is how your childish governor picked unnecessary fights with imo and had to be schooled on diplomacy when he was brought to Enugu for a crash course

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria No Longer At Ease, Catholic Bishops Lament / Ilobah Isabella Ugochi Is Senate's New Acting Clerk / 2023: APC Reveals Reasons For Tinubu’s Visit To Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.