Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,663 members, 7,862,038 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:02 AM

Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. (15169 Views)

Pictures Of New Abule-Egba Fly Over / Fly Over And Road Construction In Epe, Lagos Ongoing (Photos) / Photos Of Ongoing Construction Of Abule Egba Fly Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 9:25am On Mar 15, 2017
Nwokem listen up, barricades are done in places where there is alternative routes. Go to some areas in Lagos they are now adopting it to avert future incidents of container falling or heavy duty vehicle accidents on the flyovers. It is something that is done for safety of motorists and not because of anything else. Just look at the container on the Awka flyover, you could even notice that it is already about to fall off if care is not taken. The governor is just being proactive. Look at the pictures below of my earlier scenario

1. Lagos

2. Awka

[s]
XerXers:

have you ever seen any barricade on a federal expressway??

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by omenkaLives(m): 9:44am On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedized1:
Omenka, I don;t know how else to explain this. I have been there several times so I know what am talking about.

Okay oo. cheesy
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by REIIGN(m): 10:24am On Mar 15, 2017
LAFO:
Nice info.

How can we be careful while using please?

Drive with only two tires and make sure you don't hunk your horn or turn on your AC while driving wink

1 Like

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ThatCEO: 10:24am On Mar 15, 2017
omenkaLives:
I was hoping to see our engineers in the house point to this but have been disappointed no one ever did. happy to see someone finally noticed it.

I'm not an engineer but when I saw the design of the bridge, being an avid fan of National Geographic, I couldn't stop scratching my head when I heard people call the bridge a "suspension" bridge! I have seen countless number of suspension bridges and known for a fact the hangers are meant to suspend the deck, running from pillars poles apart. But in this case, the hangers don't even seen to be holding any weight at all but rather seem be be in place just for aesthetics, and the bulk weight week to be overwhelming the pullers doing the actual weight lifting.

this is a fatal design flaw if you ask me, and this is no "suspension" bridge for the hangers aren't really what is holding the deck but the pillars beneath the deck are.

Suspension bridge grin grin grin. Naija no go kill person. If they had used a material like carbon or glass reinforced fibre for that "design or props", it will be at least 3 times lighter (reduced dead weight) and three times stronger than that lump of steel. But will be a bit expensive. But you know my people will always buy the cheapest of the cheap. The designer is not necessarily at fault provided the right materials are used.

That weight will create a creep. If I tell a grown man to carry a 1kg weight, he will say it's rubbish but carry that 1kg weight for 2 hours, and you will know what's up. That's exactly what will happen there.

1 Like

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by XerXers: 10:35am On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedized1:
Nwokem listen up, barricades are done in places where there is alternative routes. Go to some areas in Lagos they are now adopting it to avert future incidents of container falling or heavy duty vehicle accidents on the flyovers. It is something that is done for safety of motorists and not because of anything else. Just look at the container on the Awka flyover, you could even notice that it is already about to fall off if care is not taken. The governor is just being proactive. Look at the pictures below of my earlier scenario

1. Lagos

2. Awka

[s]
"FEDERAL EXPRESSWAY" is the keyword here. Enugu-Onitsha Expressway is A-grade Federal highway and nobody has the right to barricade it. There are numerous state owned roads where obiano can do his barricading.
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 10:38am On Mar 15, 2017
Probably safety does not matter to you because it is a federal road. Did you look at pictures I showed you and how the governor is being proactive?

XerXers:

"FEDERAL EXPRESSWAY" is the keyword here
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by XerXers: 10:40am On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedized1:
Probably safety does not matter to you because it is a federal road. Did you look at pictures I showed you and how the governor is being proactive?

Nobody barricade a federal expressway, it is that simple. Even the lights are an obstruction that should be dismantled as observed by Ngige
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 10:43am On Mar 15, 2017
Passion, a responsible government can barricade a federal road against heavy duty vehicle so far as there is an alternative route and in this case an alternative route is provided for.

XerXers:

Nobody barricade a federal expressway, it is that simple
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by AtlanticBreeze: 10:43am On Mar 15, 2017
gini na afio? cool
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 10:44am On Mar 15, 2017
Go and eat okpa. You know nothing about federal and state roads.

[s]
XerXers:

Nobody barricade a federal expressway, it is that simple. Even the lights are an obstruction that should be dismantled as observed by Ngige
[/s]
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by XerXers: 10:52am On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedized1:
Go and eat okpa. You know nothing about federal and state roads.

[s][/s]
Okpa, the greatest food invented in human history, tell us federal road that was barricaded.
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 10:55am On Mar 15, 2017
Lol..how can I discuss what your okpa brain cannot understand? cheesy

[s]
XerXers:

Okpa, the greatest food invented in human history, tell us federal road that was barricaded.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by XerXers: 10:55am On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedized1:
Passion, a responsible government can barricade a federal road so far as there is an alternative route and in this case an alternative route is provided for.

A responsible government does not build substandard flyover on a federal expressway. Why is Nkpor not being barricaded?? are there no alternatives there? or is not in the same anambra state? The barricade has nothing to do with accident prevention but fear of collapse
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by XerXers: 10:57am On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedized1:
Lol..how can I discuss what your okpa brain cannot understand? cheesy

[s][/s]
Lol, Obiano's barricade on federal expressway is the topic not okpa
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 10:58am On Mar 15, 2017
You are a hopeless fool. The flyover is standard. The flyover was only barricaded against heavy duty vehicles to avoid containers falling off. Nkpor fly will still be barricaded to avert the situation we see where containers fall.

[s]
XerXers:

A responsible government does not build substandard flyover on a federal expressway. Why is Nkpor not being barricaded?? are there no alternatives there? or is not in the same anambra state? The barricade has nothing to do with accident prevention but fear of collapse
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 10:59am On Mar 15, 2017
Oya nah kill yourself because it already been barricaded cheesy

[s]
XerXers:

Lol, Obiano's barricade on federal expressway is the topic not okpa
[/s]
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by XerXers: 11:05am On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedized1:
You are a hopeless fool. The flyover is standard. The flyover was only barricaded against heavy duty vehicles to avoid containers falling off. Nkpor fly will still be barricaded to avert the situation we see where containers fall.

[s][/s]
Nkpor was constructed years before obiano came to office, no barricade until his substandard flyover started failing??

1 Like

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by Abagworo(m): 11:06am On Mar 15, 2017
The solution is simply to remove that overload. The curve on that bridge looks rickety anyway.
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by XerXers: 11:06am On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedized1:
Oya nah kill yourself because it already been barricaded cheesy

[s][/s]
confirming that the flyover is substandard, simple
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 11:07am On Mar 15, 2017
It is a worldclass standard flyover. Deal with it

XerXers:

confirming that the flyover is substandard, simple

1 Like

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 11:09am On Mar 15, 2017
Bitter dunce. Owerri flyover should be removed completely because it has collapsed before being used.

Now compare the 2. Lol

[s]
Abagworo:
The solution is simply to remove that overload. The curve on that bridge looks rickety anyway.
[/s]

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by XerXers: 11:09am On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedized1:
It is a worldclass standard flyover. Deal with it

world class being saved from imminent collapse through illegal barricading?
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by Abagworo(m): 11:09am On Mar 15, 2017
XerXers:

Nkpor was constructed years before obiano came to office, no barricade until his substandard flyover started failing??

Even the Nkpor flyover isn't left out of the substandard scandal. The only reason they don't make news is because the people are not much interested.

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by XerXers: 11:17am On Mar 15, 2017
Abagworo:

Even the Nkpor flyover isn't left out of the substandard scandal. The only reason they don't make news is because the people are not much interested.
This is the approach road to the flyover and not the flyover itself, its a poor job on the drainage flow which was remedied by Obiano (not without the usual fanfare) and there was no barricading afterwards
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 11:19am On Mar 15, 2017
You are crying already. See the place fixed and intact and not your useless Imo state

[s]
Abagworo:

[/s]

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 11:23am On Mar 15, 2017
Nwokem go and sit in the gutter, you have no point. cheesy

[s]
XerXers:

world class being saved from imminent collapse through illegal barricading?
[/s]
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by Abagworo(m): 11:33am On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedized1:
You are crying already. See the place fixed and intact and not your useless Imo state

[s][/s]

It looks rickety and out of alignment.
Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 11:38am On Mar 15, 2017
I know how bitter you are right now..lol

Now compare both flyovers and tell us which is out of alignment, rickety and substandard.

1. Owerre flyover

2 & 3. Awka flyover

[s]
Abagworo:

It looks rickety and out of alignment.
[/s]

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 11:46am On Mar 15, 2017
Lest we forget. See the newly completed Owerri rat hole tunnel already waterlogged cheesy

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by Ogene001: 11:50am On Mar 15, 2017
ruggedized1:
Lest we forget. See the newly completed Owerri rat hole tunnel already waterlogged cheesy
That place has since been redesigned and reconstructed to tackle the flooding, tell obiano to demolish the failing portions of his flyover and do same

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 11:53am On Mar 15, 2017
Who is this lying gay?

See okorocha's flyover and tunnel already collapsed

[s]
Ogene001:

That place has since been redesigned and reconstructed to tackle the flooding, tell obiano to demolish the failing portions of his flyover and do same
[/s]

Just loot at the way they using manual labor with bucket and shovel to do the useless culvert, this can collapse on people. cheesy

Re: Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using. by ruggedized1: 11:58am On Mar 15, 2017
Obiano's flyover. Now compare it to that substandard nonsense built by Okoroawusa LOL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Calls Out Voters With Bell As Polls Open For By-Election In Surulere / Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President / Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.