Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion (111998 Views)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion / 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion / 10 Most Developing States In Nigeria - Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
Unak78:
I think he's trying to say that there aren't 10 developed local areas or even one outside of Lagos. Debatable, however it bothers me that almost all current investment, including private investment, is directed towards Lagos when the country needs more regional economic hubs. Part of the reason that Lagos is overrun and overpopulated is this mentality. If more investment could be directed towards Aba, Port Harcourt, Kaduna, Maiduguri, Jos, Ibadan etc you would see more growth across the country and fewer people running to one single city. Some of this is out of anyone's hands since you cannot force private investors to go where they don't see a return on investment. But you can invest government funds in different regions in order to make those regions more attractive so that the private sector can finish the job. Look at what China did by with their regional economic zones. It could be said that there were only three economic hubs in that country twenty years ago and two of them weren't even technically part of China. Now Hong Kong will have to soon fight just to remain among China's top ten investment destinations. I like the project in Eko Atlantic, for example, but a similar project elsewhere would help Nigeria more.

At any rate, I'm glad that the OP is proud of his state, but how about wishing for the country's growth, the uplifting of a nation that can be an example for all of Africa. It would not only aid Nigeria, but ease the congestion in Lagos as well.

lol, You said MAIDUGURI, MAYBE AFTER BOKO HARAM

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Sebastine1994(m): 5:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
NASTYNASOSO:

HMMMNN
BROS THIS IS A FORUM
ANYTHING YOU DO THEM GO TALK
NA SO E SUPPOSE BE
YOU CANT JUST POST POO AND EXPECT THAT ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE FORUM ARE OLODOS LIKE YOU.
WE WILL ALWAYS FLAG OLODOISM IN uHIS FORUM, SO THAT WE DONT BECOME OLODOS

I was going through your previous post. Nothing sensible. If you live in glass house dont throw stone
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by sagir1994(m): 5:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
All these lies you are sharing there is God oo.. I can't believe all these photos are from Nigeria
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by NASTYNASOSO: 5:17pm On Mar 15, 2017
Bigframe:

Bros talk your own and stop this nonsense you saying. Do you have any info in your head
HMMMNN
BROS THIS IS A FORUM
ANYTHING YOU DO THEM GO TALK
NA SO E SUPPOSE BE
YOU CANT JUST POST POO AND EXPECT THAT ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE FORUM ARE OLODOS LIKE YOU.
WE WILL ALWAYS FLAG OLODOISM IN uHIS FORUM, SO THAT WE DONT BECOME OLODOS
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2017
Henrydone:
Eti Osa the place to be kiss kiss kiss kiss

Nice job op
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by buddyboi(m): 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2017
Unak78:
I think he's trying to say that there aren't 10 developed local areas or even one outside of Lagos. Debatable, however it bothers me that almost all current investment, including private investment, is directed towards Lagos when the country needs more regional economic hubs. Part of the reason that Lagos is overrun and overpopulated is this mentality. If more investment could be directed towards Aba, Port Harcourt, Kaduna, Maiduguri, Jos, Ibadan etc you would see more growth across the country and fewer people running to one single city. Some of this is out of anyone's hands since you cannot force private investors to go where they don't see a return on investment. But you can invest government funds in different regions in order to make those regions more attractive so that the private sector can finish the job. Look at what China did by with their regional economic zones. It could be said that there were only three economic hubs in that country twenty years ago and two of them weren't even technically part of China. Now Hong Kong will have to soon fight just to remain among China's top ten investment destinations. I like the project in Eko Atlantic, for example, but a similar project elsewhere would help Nigeria more.

At any rate, I'm glad that the OP is proud of his state, but how about wishing for the country's growth, the uplifting of a nation that can be an example for all of Africa. It would not only aid Nigeria, but ease the congestion in Lagos as well.
The problem with nigeria is that our state governors are some of laziest people on the planet, they just collect salaries and allowances, for a state to develop it needs a masterplan and i havent seen any governor with any form of idea for a blueprint to propel his state forward. I believe in Nigeria the federal government should only be concerned with monetary and foreign policies, healthcare, education and national security. Every other thing should be taken care by the state government. But that is my opinion though

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by MosesIgb(m): 5:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eastwalk:
8.Calabar municipal - A moderately dense LGA in Cross rivers state , it is known for its green reserves with large percentage of it land area reserve for green space, The roads are well paved, paving way for easy bike rides which makes it carbon emissions impressive with better air quality. Calabar tinapa, Obudu cattle range resorts are nice torrist attraction.
It a popular destination for enjoying beach games, forest walk, mountain sports and other resorts.
Can we find the the things in bold in Calabar Municipal, I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Danielnino00(m): 5:24pm On Mar 15, 2017
sagir1994:
All these lies you are sharing there is God oo.. *I can't believe all these photos are from Nigeria*

Why
You think Nigeria isn't developed at all??
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by sagir1994(m): 5:36pm On Mar 15, 2017
Danielnino00:

Why You think Nigeria isn't developed at all??
seriously bro
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by nkemjacob2(m): 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
where re other states wen lagos was topping all the list sometin is wrong with ur country
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by chiraqDemon(m): 5:38pm On Mar 15, 2017
I rep Uyo
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by alexov(m): 5:46pm On Mar 15, 2017
cremedelacreme:
Fair list. Bonny LG is rich due to NLNG Plant in Bonny. Apart from NLNG Residential Area and a small part of Finima town, the other parts of Bonny are majorly rural comprising of mainly fishing villages, also it is not all parts of Bonny LG that have 24hr electricity. Pls remove that picture of Obio/Akpor showing road/flyover interchange because that place is not Port Harcourt.
The OP just came and painted obio-akpor as paradise and then put pictures of Port Harcourt lga.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 5:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
Unak78:

Only a return to fiscal federalism/resource control will guarantee the decongestion of Lagos and Abuja as these two cities were not as developed as any of the regional capitals before Ironsi came with his wicked and self-serving Unification Decree.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
A place with 24 hour electricity exists in Nigeria? Interesting

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 5:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
nkemjacob2:
where re other states wen lagos was topping all the list sometin is wrong with ur country

Lagos was initially not so privileged. The dismantling of our federalism in the first republic led to the overconcentration of the economy on Lagos being the centre to which all revenues became directed at the death of federalism/resource control in 1966.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
martineverest:
from ur ascertions and op ascertion,i can see that u two are wrong......ikeja is by far the richhest region in nigeria.tho,its not the most developed,but its the most industrial region in nigeria....the GDP of eti osa is twice lesser than ikeja GDP

You're probably right. The thing is we don't know the criteria use by the OP. If it's natural resources I bet u some abandoned community somewhere in akwa ibom would top that list. If it's IGR Obia Kpor or Eti Osa may top the list but if it's Infrastructure wise in relation to resident population. That list would have to be tossed out the window entirely

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by dragonking3: 6:08pm On Mar 15, 2017
Niger delta region is truly blessed. cool

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by martineverest(m): 6:10pm On Mar 15, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

You're probably right. The thing is we don't know the criteria use by the OP. If it's natural resources I bet u some abandoned community somewhere in akwa ibom would top that list. If it's IGR Obia Kpor or Eti Osa may top the list but if it's Infrastructure wise in relation to resident population. That list would have to be tossed out the window entirely
development is based on industrialization... Not natural resources
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by zee4luv: 6:15pm On Mar 15, 2017

Henrydone:
Of the 250 plus tribes in Nigeria, so I automatically become an Afonjas just because your local government area is not on the list. You can be so judgmental undecided
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
martineverest:
development is based on industrialization... Not natural resources

That's one angle. In looking at development or the extent of development of a place you have to consider the active income of the people there, infrastructure, social services, roads, utilites etc.

Most of this lists on Nairaland only recycle info from blogs and all that. There's no way Obia Kpor is developed in my eye
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Kakamorufu(m): 6:31pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eastwalk:
9.Ibadan North west - Situated in the center of the cocoa belts, in Oyo state it's one of the first class developing regions in the country with the first skyscraper, first television station in the whole of tropical Africa. The first railway line in Nigeria the Lagos-Ibadan rail ends here in 1901. It is the economic hub for Oyo state with notable business going in the LGA with some numbers of tall buildings. It has a good number of housing estates. With most of the roads well tarred.
really. Ibadan north west get money... ahdontbilivit
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Kakamorufu(m): 6:52pm On Mar 15, 2017
Obudu cattle ranch is not in calabar municipal tho
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by nkemjacob2(m): 6:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
Deadlytruth:

Lagos was initially not so privileged. The dismantling of our federalism in the first republic led to the overconcentration of the economy on Lagos being the centre to which all revenues became directed at the death of federalism/resource control in 1966.
and that is where nigeria started getting it wrong... everybody is going to Lagos to hustle.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by omoISEYIN(m): 7:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
Unak78:

you are right my brother, the truth is all investors seek healthy and enabling environments. Dango originally wanted to build his refinery in the Niger Delta region, because of the unrest there he moved it to lagos.
Shell is also planning of moving out of Niger Delta.
Mobil, one of the highest paying oil company defy FG's demand to move from lag.
Same with Kaduna, you can only find food processing coy in Jos co of its proximity to raw material.
Lagos provides that environment for biz to grow.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Eastwalk(m): 7:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
omoISEYIN:

you are right my brother, the truth is all investors seek healthy and enabling environments. Dango originally wanted to build his refinery in the Niger Delta region, because of the unrest there he moved it to lagos.
Shell is also planning of moving out of Niger Delta.
Mobil, one of the highest paying oil company defy FG's demand to move from lag.
Same with Kaduna, you can only find food processing coy in Jos co of its proximity to raw material.
Lagos provides that environment for biz to grow.
Obio akpor the area with most of these oil business firms, ranks they are shorting. Honestly if most of this oil business men does not make Lagos their hub they are in Obio akpor. It hard to invest in infrastructurally deterred region. That why I don't like those degrading Obio akpor

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Oxtonguy: 7:25pm On Mar 15, 2017
nkemjacob2:
Lagos only top the list.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Henrybright(m): 7:29pm On Mar 15, 2017
Please Ibeju lekki is not in any way more developed than many other LGA in Nigeria... Apart from Awoyaya area of Ibeju lekki, which part of ibuju lekki is developed?.. Ibeju lekki is predominantly a rural area
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Oxtonguy: 7:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
Henrybright:
Please Ibeju lekki is not in any way more developed than many other LGA in Nigeria... Apart from Awoyaya area of Ibeju lekki, which part of ibuju lekki is developed?.. Ibeju lekki is predominantly a rural area
Ibeju Lekki is a nice place even Facebook owner love the stop saying what you don't know cheesy

Ibeju Lekki

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
EKO ONI BAJE grin
OBAJE TI grin
I REP LAGOS grin
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Henrybright(m): 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2017
Oxtonguy:
Ibeju Lekki is a nice place even Facebook owner love the stop saying what you don't know cheesy

Ibeju Lekki
I served in ibeju lekki last year so I know what I'm saying ,those pictures are not pictures of ibeju lekki because that bridge is not located in ibeju lekki. Ask anyone that has stayed in ibeju lekki better still you can tell me the exact village/town it's located in ibeju lekki
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eti Osa is definitely the first in Nigeria by all indicators but Ibeju Lekki should NOT make the list. Ibeju Lekki can qualify for developING LGA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar's Son Test Positive For Coronavirus / Okorocha Opens His Mouth As Swazi Women Dance Topless At Calabar Carnival / Nasir El-Rufai Tests Positive For COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.