Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,386 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion (112494 Views)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion / 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion / 10 Most Developing States In Nigeria - Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Henrybright(m): 7:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
enairaprof:
Eti Osa is definitely the first in Nigeria by all indicators but Ibeju Lekki should NOT make the list. Ibeju Lekki can qualify for developING LGA.
help me nd tell the OP abeg... Ibeju lekki shouldn't have anything to do on this list. It's an insult to other developed LGA's.. Worste thing he placed it above Calabar municipal cheesy wink cheesy
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
Ibeju Lekki has the Lagos Free Trade Zone, Dangote Refinery, Lagos International Airport, Eleganza Factory, Coscharis HQ, Indomie Power Oil Company, Deep Sea Port....etc. All are still developing.

In few years time, it may qualify for developed LGA as at now, Ikeja is even more developed than Ibeju Lekki

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Oxtonguy: 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
Henrybright:
I served in ibeju lekki last year so I know what I'm saying ,those pictures are not pictures of ibeju lekki because that bridge is not located in ibeju lekki. Ask anyone that has stayed in ibeju lekki better still you can tell me the exact village/town it's located in ibeju lekki
Thats Ibeju Lekki, that bridge links Eti osa with Ibeju Lekki, and of the biggest LGA in Lagos that is why, good number of projects like, Lekki free trade zone, Dangote fertilizer plant, Dangote oil refinery are going on in the place. Stop confusing some ignorant.

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by malton: 7:52pm On Mar 15, 2017
olalekan1:

The solution to it is True Fiscal Federalism

Because? China achieved everything it did as a unitary state.

I wonder why some of you people think a particular system of government will automatically solve all of your problems.

Worse still, you just mention fiscal federalism without stating how it will see to the attainment of your envisaged country.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Henrybright(m): 7:54pm On Mar 15, 2017
Oxtonguy:
Thats Ibeju Lekki, that bridge links Eti osa with Ibeju Lekki, and of the biggest LGA in Lagos that is why, good number of projects like, Lekki free trade zone, Dangote fertilizer plant, Dangote oil refinery are going on in the place. Stop confusing some ignorant.
those project are ongoing and there is no bridge linking eti osa and ibeju lekki... U ain't crossing any bridge my bros.. I guess u have never been to ibeju lekki... So stop talking ,im very sure you are making use of Google
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Jok3r(m): 7:54pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eastwalk:
3.Bonny island - This hidden jewel is located in River state . It infrastructurally advancement is irrepressibly with adequate and efficient water supply to all neighborhood in the local government area. The road are 100% tarred.
Automobile crash are scarce occurrence in Bonny. The Nigeria liquidfied natural gas plant (NLNG) is located here. Not an overstatement to refer Bonny (LGA) as the gas capital of Nigeria, little wonder why Bonny is the only Nigerian city with 24/7 electricity power supply!!

my home town am proud of it
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by bewla(m): 7:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eastwalk:
Mr how do you mean?
ibere
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Kazrem(m): 7:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
I guess right. The list is incomplete without Eti Osa.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Josiah1150(m): 8:07pm On Mar 15, 2017
Yehman:
Common! Forget am, just give me a glass of water
lol
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Henrybright(m): 8:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eastwalk:
The LGA in those regions can't rank top 10 but I can assure you that most of the LGA in those regions are virtually equally developed.
Remove Ibeju lekki from that list...Ibeju lekki is not developed
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by thespy(m): 8:25pm On Mar 15, 2017
Well I don't know the part of ibeju lekki that is develop, but where I stay and serve for one year is nothing to write about cause I know I have to go all the way to ajah to cash money as there are no banks and recreational activities except the elecko beach. I don't know about the inclusion cos even light is a problem till I left there.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Henrybright(m): 8:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
thespy:
Well I don't know the part of ibeju lekki that is develop, but where I stay and serve for one year is nothing to write about cause I know I have to go all the way to ajah to cash money as there are no banks and recreational activities except the elecko beach. I don't know about the inclusion cos even light is a problem till I left there.
only the OP knows the part of ibeju lekki that Is developed to be ranged among 10 most developed LGA's in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
After seeing Bonny Island without Port Harcourt local government coming before it I just gave up on the list as a Rivers man. Because it's sure this Op doesn't know Rivers at all.
Maybe as the same goes to many non indigenes here they don't know that PH is a local government.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Henrybright(m): 8:33pm On Mar 15, 2017
Ekinematics:
After seeing Bonny Island without Port Harcourt local government coming before it I just gave up on the list as a Rivers man. Because it's sure this Op doesn't know Rivers at all.
Maybe as the same goes to many non indigenes here they don't know that PH is a local government.
cheesy grin grin grin
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Oxtonguy: 8:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
Henrybright:
those project are ongoing and there is no bridge linking eti osa and ibeju lekki... U ain't crossing any bridge my bros.. I guess u have never been to ibeju lekki... So stop talking ,im very sure you are making use of Google
Every Lagosian will see your pellucid ignorance or should I call it hypocrisy grin
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Eyor1(m): 8:36pm On Mar 15, 2017
Oxtonguy:
Probably from this popular blog, Even me like the Op thought ibo akpor is the richest local government area in Nigeria, I never knew it's a trash some of these websites can be so confusing. Tell me more about Obio akpo cheesy
Yea, it is the richest in Nigeria but not more developed than Port Harcourt.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 15, 2017
Henrybright:
cheesy grin grin grin

Many can't even differentiate the difference between Port Harcourt as an LGA and Port Harcourt City.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eyor1:

Yea, it is the richest in Nigeria but not more developed than Port Harcourt.

Please school them. Op mumu list.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by VirginFinder: 8:41pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eastwalk:
2.Lagos island - it's an island, a seaport, a city, a metropolis, a local government area. All can be said of this dynamic island located in Lagos state . This is the oldest and most closely settled part of Lagos, most of Nigeria tallest buildings are situated here. People in other parts of Lagos refer to it as the Lagos. So don't be surprised if you hear a resident of Ikeja says he's going to Lagos. This is the real Lagos!

More than half of multinational companies are in Lagos island the economic power house of Nigeria. Traffic congestion have been a major problem which is tackled by widening of roads, construction of motorway interchange, and the effective utilization of BRT buses transit, with intra-city railway link which are recent developments that ensued in Lagos.

@bolded Spot on!

I get irritated when people refer to Lagos Island as "Island" or "the Island".

Real Lagosians will forever refer to Lagos Island as Lagos, VI as VI, Ikoyi as Ikoyi, Lekki as Lekki, Ajah as Ajah and Epe as Epe.

Anything connotation or nomenclature other than that is BS!!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by XaintJoel20: 8:43pm On Mar 15, 2017
Sanchez01:

I wouldn't blame investors though. If I was one, I'd run to Lagos where it happens before thinking of spreading my tentacles to other parts. I don't agree with you on Maiduguri though. No sane investor would want to plant his money in an area where unrest rules the day.

Then again, blame the governors of some of these states. There are certain things investors would want to consider before choosing a place. Most states have horrible road networks. Of all states that I've been to, Enugu's is second to none. Osun, Abia, Delta, among other states have bad roads which an investor would consider a huge turn off. Why? Because the governors of the states delight in engaging in frivolities rather than develop what matters the most.

Talking about good roads. Have you been to the north?
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Eastwalk(m): 8:44pm On Mar 15, 2017
Henrybright:
only the OP knows the part of ibeju lekki that Is developed to be ranged among 10 most developed LGA's in Nigeria
Is this one Normal, should I be describing Lekki for you again. Lekki the dream of Lagosian lol

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Henrybright(m): 8:45pm On Mar 15, 2017
Oxtonguy:
Every Lagosian will see your pellucid ignorance or should I call it hypocrisy grin
have you been to Ibeju lekki before?? Yes or no... Hypocrisy has nothing to do with this..I guess d name lekki after the Ibeju is what prompted the OP to include it on the list.. Most of the villages in Ibeju lekki has no good roads( not talking about tarred road) ,just normal good roads and you are telling me it's one of the most developed LGAs.. Place that only has fidality bank which is located their LGA Secretariat and a first bank at mayfair .please Ibeju lekki is an underdeveloped LGA
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Henrybright(m): 8:46pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eastwalk:
Is this one Normal, should I be describing Lekki for you again. Lekki the dream of Lagosian lol
you see ur mistake... Lekki as a town is different from Ibeju lekki.. I'm sure you fink lekki phase 1 and 2 is under Ibeju lekki

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by olomolekan(m): 8:52pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eastwalk:
5.Obio-Akpor- The economic power center of the Niger delta region located in River state with two major Nigeria refinery located in it, the petroleum industry refinery and oilshores refinery. Numerous private oil investment companies has their business firms here shells and oilshores are notable examples. Obio-Akpor is logically the financial pulse of Nigeria as it refines most of the oil exploited in Nigeria.

Refineries in Port Harcourt were not in obio akpor local govt but in Eleme local govt
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Eastwalk(m): 8:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
Henrybright:
you see ur mistake... Lekki as a town is different from Ibeju lekki.. I'm sure you fink lekki phase 1 and 2 is under Ibeju lekki
Surup and run up, Lekki as a settlement is located in Ibeju Lekki local government area. Victoria gardens city the biggest estate in Lagos is located in Ibeju Lekki, can't believe you are already engaging me

VGC, IBEJU LEKKI

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Henrybright(m): 8:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eastwalk:
Surup and run up, Lekki as a settlement is located in Ibeju Lekki local government area. Victoria gardens city the biggest estate in Lagos is located in Ibeju Lekki, can't believe you are already engaging me

VGC, IBEJU LEKKI
bros you don't know ibeju lekki one bit.. VGC is not under Ibeju lekki but under Eti-OSA

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Oxtonguy: 9:01pm On Mar 15, 2017
Henrybright:
have you been to Ibeju lekki before?? Yes or no... Hypocrisy has nothing to do with this..I guess d name lekki after the Ibeju is what prompted the OP to include it on the list.. Most of the villages in Ibeju lekki has no good roads( not talking about tarred road) ,just normal good roads and you are telling me it's one of the most developed LGAs.. Place that only has fidality bank which is located their LGA Secretariat and a first bank at mayfair .please Ibeju lekki is an underdeveloped LGA
Laughing at your gibberish grin

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Henrybright(m): 9:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
Oxtonguy:
Laughing at your gibberish grin
bros sincerely you had better carry out a research before laughing at yourself
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by legislatively: 9:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eastwalk:
I swear, you lack basic knowledge of regional geography in Nigeria. Ibeju lekki local government is not developed, its not the home of lekki phase 1 and 2.

Lekki phase 1 and 2 are in eti osa local government. Your list is just too crappy.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Henrybright(m): 9:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
legislatively:
I swear, you lack basic knowledge of regional geography in Nigeria. Ibeju lekki local government is not developed, its not the home of lekki phase 1 and 2.

Lekki phase 1 and 2 are in eti osa local government. Your list is just too crappy.
please help me tell them oo.. I have tried to enlighten them about the different instead they call me names
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Eastwalk(m): 9:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
Henrybright:
bros you don't know ibeju lekki one bit.. VGC is not under Ibeju lekki but under Eti-OSA
I just searched korporate vetinery consultant that is in VGC. Just to make sure I help your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by legislatively: 9:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
Henrybright:
please help me tell them oo.. I have tried to enlighten them about the different instead they call me names
they think because its called ibeju lekki, it means the local government is the host of lekki phase 1 and 2. Everything is just wrong with his list. Someone that think bonny island and obio akpor are more developed than port Harcourt local government, the op doesn't know Nigeria at all? I doubt if he has been to lekki before.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Photo : Will Mandela's Statement On Buhari Become Prophetic? / Abba Kyari: The THISDAY LIVE Headline That Got People Talking / Tinubu In Panic Mode! See Picture Of Bullion Vans For Last Minute Mobilisation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.