Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,410 members, 7,864,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:43 AM

10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion (113129 Views)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion / 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion / 10 Most Developing States In Nigeria - Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 12:36am On Mar 22, 2017
pazienza:

Other than your usual senseless verbose posts, your are yet to provide evidence of AAU being the first state University.

I had provided my sources from both ESUT and AAU websites. I await yours.

If you can't see it above I am sorry I can't be your comprehension teacher.
ESUT website says the school was founded in 1980 but established 1979 and you call that an evidence?

The state governors and Shagari-Ekweme were handed over to by Obasanjo on October 1 1979. Now how come the Anambra Governor was able to draft the bill for the ASUTH got it through the first, second and third readings, and the house committee sat over it and passed it into law all within three months before the dawn of Jan 1 1980? Can't you see that the ESUTECH site you've been relying on is a thrash site?
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 12:41am On Mar 22, 2017
pazienza:

Lol! Never knew that Shagari was an Igbo man or that his government was an Igbo government. The news we have been hearing so far in NL was how Ekwueme was a powerless VP, much less powerful than Osinbajo.

How exactly was his government now an Igbo government? Thought Ndiigbo are supposed to be powerless?

Imagine a person from Edo state, an empire of blood, Gore and mercilessness that sent even hordes of her citizens scampering for safety towards western Igboland, speaking about Wickedness.

This is now bordering on comedy. You need to cry me more blood, after all, you are an Edo, right? you should know alot about blood.

If Ekweme was powerless and was not in approval of Shagari's action, then why did he not resign from his government? Igbos and lies coupled with wickedness.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 12:43am On Mar 22, 2017
pazienza:

Lol! Just seeing Edo written as. Minority and you accepting your minority status gives me joy.

You would have to redeem your self from being a minority amongst minorities in SS to be able to talk to Ndiigbo.

This discussion had all been about establishing your minority, inferiority and powerless state before a segment of Ndiigbo called SE. And so far, it's a mission accomplished.

I think we are done.

Please show me where I ever suggested majority status for Edo you pained native of an unfortunate and humiliated majority.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 12:51am On Mar 22, 2017
Deadlytruth:

If you can't see it above I am sorry I can't be your comprehension teacher.
ESUT website says the school was founded in 1980 but established 1979 and you call that an evidence?

The state governors and Shagari-Ekweme were handed over to by Obasanjo on October 1 1979. Now how come the Anambra Governor was able to draft the bill for the ASUTH got it through the first, second and third readings, and the house committee sat over it and passed it into law all within three months before the dawn of Jan 1 1980? Can't you see that the ESUTECH site you've been relying on is a thrash site?

Trash!

I had since provided direct link to ESUT official website that placed its establishment on 1981 and another from
AAU placing that of AAU on 1981, only you know the meaning of the mumbo jumbo you are talking here.

Here is a quote from AAU official website puting
the school establishment at 1981 but it wasn't until
1982 before the school kicked off.
"As
he often stated at different occasions in the
planning stages and the on set of the
University, Prof. Alli was very optimistic that
posterity would justify his many decisions in
the establishment of the University. There
cannot be a better vindication of his optimism
than the fact that the University which he
established as Bendel State University, Ekpoma
in 1981 (which after the creation of Edo State
in 1992 had its name changed to Edo State
University) has gone through an Act passed by
the State House of Assembly and signed into
law by the Executive Governor of Edo State,
Chief Lucky Nosakhare Igbinedion in 1999 been
renamed (Professor) Ambrose Alli University,
Ekpoma, after the founder."
https://www.aauekpoma.edu.ng/index.php?
option=com_content&view=article&id=103&Itemid=1

Ambrose Alli might have fought the FG to permit
the establishment of state universities, but the take
off of AAU for some reasons was delayed. Hence
making AAU not the first state university in
Nigeria.

Here is a quote from
ESUT official website:
"It is with delight that I welcome you to the
Enugu State University of Science and
Technology, a top-ranking University of
Technology in Nigeria and indeed the nation's
technological pride.
Established in 1981 as the very first state
University, the University has grown
tremendously, stretching its academic disciplines
and research across six different Schools and
thirty academic departments. ESUT is located at
Agbani in Enugu State, Nigeria and its vision and
mission are not only clearly stated, but very
vigorously pursued"
Prof. Luke O. Anik
Notice it was clearly stated that the school
was established as the first state University".

http://www.esut.edu.ng/

I believe this was my old post, which you are yet to counter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 12:54am On Mar 22, 2017
Deadlytruth:

Please show me where I ever suggested majority status for Edo you pained native of an unfortunate and humiliated majority.

Edo is a minority amongst minorities, that as we have shown so far, is inferior to SE in all aspects of human development.

This discussion is all about you not knowing your place. It's all about you thinking you can compete with SE on any level. It's all about you thinking you can be allowed to pour your Edoic frustrations on SE and her people unchallenged and without repercussions.

And it won't stop until you learned you place.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 12:57am On Mar 22, 2017
pazienza:

Lol! Now you know you are a minority, right? Lol!
Don't worry, I'm not done conditioning you. When I'm done, your life will not remain the same.

Let me tell you, Edo is not just a minority, Edo is a minority amongst minorities. In SS, a supposedly minority region, Edo is the minority there with little or no say?

You know why? Because Edo is an anomaly, a freak of nature. She was only added to SS for convenience sake, Edo is more like a Northern( Muslims in Edo North) and. Yoruba region all mixed in one.

Isn't it a pity, an empire of blood built on intimidation of neighbouring innocent groups reduced to mere minorities in present Nigeria, big landmass but sparse population, perhaps the price of wars of expansionism she carried. It must hurt alot watching those minorities in Delta state and in Ondo you once terrorized using arms the Portuguese borrowed to you, lording it over you today in your SS.

It's even worst knowing that your only choice of survival is sticking with them in a colonial arrangement as you have not the gusto, finesse, population, human resources or other wherewithal to make it alone as a prosperous independent nation, reason why you are not seeking for independence.

But if you think you will be allowed to pour your self inflicted frustrations on Ndiigbo unchallenged like your fore runners did, then you must have mistaken this Current Igbo generation for the ones your forerunners interacted with.

I can assure you that all your Igbophobic posts on this forum would be screened and 10times more hate you spilled on Ndiigbo returned to you and your Edo, until you know your place.

Lol!

See this hypocrite talking. What of your own native Muslims in Afikpo LGAs if Ebonyi? I guess Ebonyi state has become a North or SW state on account of that. You biafrauds stink of hypocrisy.
If Edo ever oppressed any SS tribe then why are they okay having Edo as brothers? Why was the first ever SS summit held in Edo?
You claim Biafrans have disdain for anything Islam yet you seek the support of Mujahideen Asari Dokubo, a devout Muslim, in agitating for a joint SS/SE Biafra Republic. Hypocrisy of the highest order.
By your preposterous logic even Bayelsa will become a Yoruba or Northern state on account of her indigenous Muslims like Dokubo and the rest?
You people are to narrow in thinking and shallow minded. You think Asari Dokubo will really agree to be part of a the first country in the world in which so-called Christians will persecute adherents of other faiths despite being of their own blood?
Keep fooling yourself!
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 12:58am On Mar 22, 2017
Deadlytruth:

If Ekweme was powerless and was not in approval of Shagari's action, then why did he not resign from his government? Igbos and lies coupled with wickedness.

Ekwueme is entitled to his actions. I actually don't know if he was in support of the movement, but if he did, then he did on his own volition and you won't see any Igbo person supporting such decisions currently.

Either way, I find you childish antics of hanging the decision of the government of the day then, who for whatever reasons felt the states were not matured enough to run their own universites on Ekwueme and by Extension, Ndiigbo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 1:07am On Mar 22, 2017
Deadlytruth:

See this hypocrite talking. What of your own native Muslims in Afikpo LGAs if Ebonyi? I guess Ebonyi state has become a North or SW state on account of that. You biafrauds stink of hypocrisy.
If Edo ever oppressed any SS tribe then why are they okay having Edo as brothers? Why was the first ever SS summit held in Edo?
You claim Biafrans have disdain for anything Islam yet you seek the support of Mujahideen Asari Dokubo, a devout Muslim, in agitating for a joint SS/SE Biafra Republic. Hypocrisy of the highest order.
By your preposterous logic even Bayelsa will become a Yoruba or Northern state on account of her indigenous Muslims like Dokubo and the rest?
You people are to narrow in thinking and shallow minded. You think Asari Dokubo will really agree to be part of a the first country in the world in which so-called Christians will persecute adherents of other faiths despite being of their own blood?
Keep fooling yourself!

Lol! You are still crying? The Muslims in Afikpo are as minute as they come, they are insignificant, we can't say same of Edo state where they hold sway in places like Auchi and Igarra.

Why wouldn't they want to have Edo? Who wouldn't want to keep a minority amongst minorities?

Asari is one man. His Buguma people are not Muslims.
Moreover, I personally only prefer Biafra of Igbo speaking people only.

No one will persecute anyone in Biafra for their religion, we are peaceful and tolerant people. It's a trait we gained from mastery of peaceful resolution conflicts over the centuries, something I don't expect someone whose ancestors were busy looking for who subjugate to build empires to know.
See:
https://www.nairaland.com/3103641/south-east-safest-place-live-un

Hehe!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 1:22am On Mar 22, 2017
The truth remains that your fear and envy if Edo's glorious past still haunts you hence you keep talking of Edo Empire and Edo having no say in the SS and being a minority. You are obviously pained. The truth about the SS is that it is a region of peaceful, loving, kind, gentle, godly and caring people. The way we relate with one another is not about who has which say but about what is true, right, just and beneficial to everyone. That is why you can't find a SS people at each other's necks. We are not after one another's lands or resources. When we are away from home we respect our hosts. We don't drag their lands like Igbos are know n for. Our unity is founded on our shared objective of freedom from WAZOBIA. There is no single tribe with an overwhelming population so no tribe really has a say on its own strength alone. The largest tribe, Ijaw, is just 10℅ of the total population and that's very far from 50℅ the threshold of overwhelming status.
So all you said above are trash coming from a jealous heart. We SS people are not arrogant. We love sincerely without strings attached. We care. We are peace loving. We have the fear of God. Our mutual love transcends ethnic differences, Geographical location, language differences, etc. When I see a Cross River, Rivers, Always Ibom, Bayelsa or Delta man I feel at home. But if I find myself in the midst of Igbos I get afraid merely by their looks. They appear too desperate and aggressive. But a SS person exudes hope, joy, friendliness, diplomacy, patience, love, wise counsel, self discipline, etc. If Nigeria splits the SS will be the most democratic offshoot because there will be no single major tribe to lord it over others and rig elections with population, and that is why we don't want Biafrans among us.
Even the so-called Igboids in the SS enjoy the SS spirit that they are frequently unwilling to be identified as Igbos. They reject it and call themselves SS and we the other tribes accept them whole heartedly because they are exactly like us in attitude to life and orientation.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 1:31am On Mar 22, 2017
pazienza:

Lol! You are still crying? The Muslims in Afikpo are as minute as they come, they are insignificant, we can't say same of Edo state where they hold sway in places like Auchi and Igarra.

Why wouldn't they want to have Edo? Who wouldn't want to keep a minority amongst minorities?

Asari is one man. His Buguma people are not Muslims.
Moreover, I personally only prefer Biafra of Igbo speaking people only.

No one will persecute anyone in Biafra for their religion, we are peaceful and tolerant people. It's a trait we gained from mastery of peaceful resolution conflicts over the centuries, something I don't expect someone whose ancestors were busy looking for who subjugate to build empires to know.
See:
https://www.nairaland.com/3103641/south-east-safest-place-live-un

Hehe!

It is only in Auchi you can find only 40℅ of Muslims. In most other Etsako towns and villages the Muslim population is insignificant. Igarra is in Akoko-Edo and not in Etsako so you are spewing falsehood on that. Akoko-Edo is about 98℅ Christians. Moreover the remaining Muslim families in Igarra are an endangered species courtesy of evangelism. Owan area too is 98℅ Christians. Even Auchi is not left out as it is home to the national headquarters of one of Pastor Suleman's church apart from the massive Anglican, Catholic and other Orthodox and Pentecostal churches there. But we hear of conversation from Christianity to Islam daily in Igbo land.
Mind you that Muslim is Muslim whether you have it in small or large numbers. You have Muslims in Afikpo, period!
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 1:45am On Mar 22, 2017
Why you can find as much as 40℅ muslims in Auchi is due to the fact that it was in Auchi that the rampaging Usman Dan Fodio Army met it's match in the form of the Army of Oba Esigie who cut truncated Fodio's match to the Atlantic Ocean. Before Esigie's soldiers could reach Auchi the Dan Fodio soldiers had successfully used force to convert residents to Islam from their native religions.
If not for Oba Esigie the marauding Fulani would have evangelized deep into the South right into Igbo heartland and converted all Igbos to muslims more so that Igbos had no standing army then. But rather being thankful to Edos Igbos call names ignorantly.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 1:56am On Mar 22, 2017
pazienza:

Ekwueme is entitled to his actions. I actually don't know if he was in support of the movement, but if he did, then he did on his own volition and you won't see any Igbo person supporting such decisions currently.

Either way, I find you childish antics of hanging the decision of the government of the day then, who for whatever reasons felt the states were not matured enough to run their own universites on Ekwueme and by Extension, Ndiigbo.

Was it not rather childish to have assumed that states were not strong enough to run their own universities? Did they not eventually run it? It would take only a Northerners to reason that way due to their own illiteracy and feudalists mindset which sees education as a threat to their stranglehold on the talakawas. It was a pity that Ekueme, with all his supposed educational qualification, was not irritated. enough to resign from. that Government and that even the Anambra Governor secretly admiring g Ambrose Alli's struggle refused to identify with him openly and advise Ekueme to resign from such a retrogressive regime.
Igbos are quick to isolate any Igbo who victimizes other tribes but easy lump all the other tribes into the guilt of just one of their own.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 8:28am On Mar 22, 2017
Deadlytruth:

Was it not rather childish to have assumed that states were not strong enough to run their own universities? Did they not eventually run it? It would take only a Northerners to reason that way due to their own illiteracy and feudalists mindset which sees education as a threat to their stranglehold on the talakawas. It was a pity that Ekueme, with all his supposed educational qualification, was not irritated. enough to resign from. that Government and that even the Anambra Governor secretly admiring g Ambrose Alli's struggle refused to identify with him openly and advise Ekueme to resign from such a retrogressive regime.
Igbos are quick to isolate any Igbo who victimizes other tribes but easy lump all the other tribes into the guilt of just one of their own.

"Perhaps the most glorious day in the
University was the day of official opening and
laying of the Foundation Stone on March 29,
1982. it drew an unprecedented number of
dignitaries from all parts of Nigeria and from
all works of life. The event was also marked
by the turning of the sod and the launching of
an Endowment Fund. This foundation laying
ceremony was performed by the Right
Honourable Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, the Owelle of
Onitsha and the first President of the Federal
Republic of Nigeria and was witnessed by the
famous statesman, politician, educationist,
legal luminary Chief Obafemi Awolowo,
veteran politician, statesman and
philanthropist Alhaji Waziri, Ibrahim, Governors
of several States, traditional rulers, Federal
and State legislators, legal luminaries and
academicians.
The Chief Launcher, Chief Hope Harriman, the
Sobaloju of Ile-ife donated N100,000 while
Chief Michael Ibru donated N50,000. Mr.
Stephen Ehiemua (Mousco) N12,000, Dr.
Nnamdi Azikiwe N10,000, Chief Obafemi
Awolowo N10,000, Chief Jim Nwobodo
N10,000, Mr. A. A. Egbor N10,000 and many
others".

Look at the list of those who supported the creation of the university and identified with her.

Nnamdi Azikiwe and Jim Nwobodo, both Igbos.

Remember both of them were not members of same party as Ekwueme, and that Azikiwe not Ekwueme was the Igbo candidate in the 1979 elections.

This your penchant of looking for a way to put your pains at the floor of the Igbo house, looking for cheap blackmails of painting Igbos black to support your failed colonial entity, will always be exposed as lies.

Zik and Nwobodo both Igbo leaders supported the take off of AAU, Nwobodo and Zik even donated money to the New University.
But all the Igbo get from bitter haters like you is condemnation and hate.

Don't worry. this upcoming Igbo generation have learnt from the mistakes of our fore runners. All you Igbophobic entities are going to get from us is your hate multiplied 10 Times and returned back to you, until you lots are consumed by it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 9:13am On Mar 22, 2017
pazienza:

"Perhaps the most glorious day in the
University was the day of official opening and
laying of the Foundation Stone on March 29,
1982. it drew an unprecedented number of
dignitaries from all parts of Nigeria and from
all works of life. The event was also marked
by the turning of the sod and the launching of
an Endowment Fund. This foundation laying
ceremony was performed by the Right
Honourable Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, the Owelle of
Onitsha and the first President of the Federal
Republic of Nigeria and was witnessed by the
famous statesman, politician, educationist,
legal luminary Chief Obafemi Awolowo,
veteran politician, statesman and
philanthropist Alhaji Waziri, Ibrahim, Governors
of several States, traditional rulers, Federal
and State legislators, legal luminaries and
academicians.
The Chief Launcher, Chief Hope Harriman, the
Sobaloju of Ile-ife donated N100,000 while
Chief Michael Ibru donated N50,000. Mr.
Stephen Ehiemua (Mousco) N12,000, Dr.
Nnamdi Azikiwe N10,000, Chief Obafemi
Awolowo N10,000, Chief Jim Nwobodo
N10,000, Mr. A. A. Egbor N10,000 and many
others".

Look at the list of those who supported the creation of the university and identified with her.

Nnamdi Azikiwe and Jim Nwobodo, both Igbos.

Remember both of them were not members of same party as Ekwueme, and that Azikiwe not Ekwueme was the Igbo candidate in the 1979 elections.

This your penchant of looking for a way to put your pains at the floor of the Igbo house, looking for cheap blackmails of painting Igbos black to support your failed colonial entity, will always be exposed as lies.

Zik and Nwobodo both Igbo leaders supported the take off of AAU, Nwobodo and Zik even donated money to the New University.
But all the Igbo get from bitter haters like you is condemnation and hate.

Don't worry. this upcoming Igbo generation have learnt from the mistakes of our fore runners. All you Igbophobic entities are going to get from us is your hate multiplied 10 Times and returned back to you, until you lots are consumed by it.

Damage control!
In furtherance of the Igbo culture of ganging up with Hausa-Fulani to victimize other Southerners, Azikiwe led his NPP into a partial alliance with the caliphate owned NPN paving the way for the Arewanistan-Biafra government of Shagari-Ekweme. It is there on YouTube. Videos don't lie.
Azikiwe donated money to the building of AAU when ASUTECH of his own state was seeking funds to build too? The usual way of claiming they developed other people's terrains while theirs lies in a sorry state. The Zik who lost his voice while the government formed from his collision with feudalists fought to kill the same school?
You can't give what you don't have.
If we even take it hypothetically that the above donation list is valid, then the fact that only one Yoruba man's donation dwarfed all Igbos' donations combined is an evidence of Yorubas superiority to Igbos as regards love for education. Likewise Ibru's own alone dwarfs the combined Igbo ones. Is that not still a confirmation of the superiority of Edoids over the entire Middle East as regards love for educational development? It still was an evidence that Igbos were not happy with Ambrose Alli's court victory over the Arewanistan-Biafra FG, thus they donated paltry sums just for tokenism.

You now no longer want the colonial entity? Was it today it failed? Wasn't it already a failure when you Middle Easterners were chanting "One-Nigeria" and cautioning Northerners against secession?
Zik was the most fraudulent Nigerian to ever live. He read Anthropology from a prestigious US University and lectured in the course before leaving. A core tenet of Anthropology upholds that peoples with different cultures should not be held together against their wishes or else such a society will become a theatre of daily bloodshed. Yet Zik returned home to preach "One-Nigeria" despite his own profession had made it crystal clear to him that Nigeria would never work. Was that not an indication of a hidden pro-Igbo agenda?
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 9:58am On Mar 22, 2017
WHY BIAFRA WILL EVER REMAIN SLAVES OF AREWANISTANIS:

Azikiwe the greatest Biafran made it clear that the he was prepared to pay the ultimate price for the survival of this British Fraud. His commitment to this objective is underscored by the fact that he never in his lifetime regretted his several political alignments with Arewanistan even after same resulted in a war which took 3 million lives of his own brothers. He used his brothers as guinea pigs for an unnecessary experiment on the viability of the British fraud.
Zik was the first Southerner to align with a Hausa-Fulani Northern party - NEPU. On the excuse that an alliance cutting across North and South was better for a non-existent national unity as against the suggested all-South coalition, he took it further in 1959 by aligning with the rabid and larger umbrella Northern party - NPC to emerge a ceremonial Governor General who approved and signed all the documents directing the imprisonment of his fellow Southerners to the cheering of the Arewanistan. Rather than concern itself with developmental policies the ill-fated coalition busied herself with causing crisis from Tiv land to Okrika to the Western Region and other areas. The Arewanistan-Biafra government excelled so much in misgovernance that they attracted a military coup.
In 1979, exactly 20 years from 1959, Zik and Igbos went into alliance again with NPN the metamorphosis product of NPC and NEPU to produce another Arewanistan-Biafra coalition government. That too won gold in ineptitude and soon attracted military coup.
In 1999, twenty years again from 1979, the Arewanistan-Biafra coalition came again in the form of PDP which got its winning votes mostly from the North and Middle East to place a lackey of the North in office with the promise to hand over to the same Ekueme after having being shoved aside with money in the primaries by IBB the founder of the party who recently admitted the existence of a military wing in it.
If you think this recurring 20 year interval is just a coincidence then consider the current scheming to have either Sherrif or saraki the PDP candidate with Ekweremadu as running mate against 2019 - exactly 20 years again from 1999.
The Arewanistan-Biafra coalition is real and spiritually designed and destined. No force on earth can undo it
Millions of Nnamdi Kanus can't as the greater Nnamdi (Zik) has tied the knot and taken the key with him to eternity.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 10:10am On Mar 22, 2017
Below is one of the numerous speeches made by Azikiwe on behalf of Igbos chiding and lambasting the North for trying to seceed from Nigeria.
(1953) Nnamdi Azikiwe, “Speech on Secession”
In 1953 when Northern Nigerians were beginning to consider secession from the Nigerian colony that would soon be a nation, Nnamdi Azikiwe gave a speech before the caucus of his political party, the National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons (NCNC) in Yaba, Nigeria on May 12, 1953. That speech, while not disallowing secession, suggested that there would be grave consequences if the Northern region became an independent nation. Ironically, fourteen years later, Azikiwe led his Eastern Region out of Nigeria and created Biafra, a move that prompted a bloody three year civil war. Azikiwe's 1953 speech appears below.
I have invited you to attend this caucus because I would like you to make clear our stand on the issue of secession. As a party, we would have preferred Nigeria to remain intact, but lest there be doubt as to our willingness to concede to any shade of political opinion the right to determine its policy, I am obliged to issue a solemn warning to those who are goading the North towards secession. If you agree with my views, then I hope that in course of our deliberations tonight, you will endorse them, to enable me to publicize them in the Press.
In my opinion, the Northerners are perfectly entitled to consider whether or not they should secede from the indissoluble (NOTE ZIK'S USE OF THIS ADJECTIVE AS IT BETRAYED THE FACT THAT HE BELIEVED DEEP DOWN IN HIM THAT NIGERIA'S UNITY WAS NON-NEGOTIABLE AND IRREVOCABLE) union which nature has formed between it and the South, but it would be calamitous to the corporate existence of the North should the clamour for secession prevail. I, therefore, counsel Northern leaders to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of secession before embarking upon this dangerous course.
As one who was born in the North, I have a deep spiritual attachment to that part of the country, but it would be a capital political blunder if the North should break away from the South. The latter is in a better position to make rapid constitutional advance, so that if the North should become truncated from the South, it would benefit both Southerners and Northerners who are domiciled in the South more than their kith and kin who are domiciled in the North.
There are seven reasons for my holding to this view. Secession by the North may lead to internal political convulsion there when it is realized that militant nationalists and their organizations, like the NLPU, the Askianist Movement, and the Middle Zone League, have aspirations for self-government in 1956 identical with those of their Southern compatriots. It may lead to justifiable demands for the right of self-determination by non-Muslims, who form the majority of the population in the so-called ‘Pagan’ provinces, like Benue, Ilorin, Kabba, Niger and Plateau, not to mention the claims of non-Muslims who are domiciled in Adamawa and Bauchi Provinces.
It may lead to economic nationalism in the Eastern Region, which can pursue a policy of blockade of the North, by refusing it access to the sea, over and under the River Niger, except upon payment of tolls. It may lead to economic warfare between the North on the one hand, and the Eastern or Western regions on the other, should they decide to fix protective tariffs which will make the use of the ports of the Last and West uneconomic for the North.
The North may be rich in mineral resources and certain cash crops, but that is no guarantee that it would be capable of growing sufficient food crops to enable it to feed its teeming millions, unlike the East and the West. Secession may create hardship for Easterners and Westerners who are domiciled in the North, since the price of food crops to be imported into the North from the South is bound to be very high and to cause an increase in the cost of living. Lastly, it will endanger the relations with their neighbours of millions of Northerners who are domiciled in the East and West and Easterners and Westerners who reside in the North.
You may ask me whether there would be a prospect of civil war, if the North decided to secede? My answer would be that it is a hypothetical question which only time can answer. In any case, the plausible cause of a civil war might be a dispute as to the right of passage on the River Niger, or the right of flight over the territory of the Eastern or Western Region; but such disputes can be settled diplomatically, instead of by force.
Nevertheless, if civil war should become inevitable at this stage of our progress as a nation, then security considerations must be borne in mind by those who are charged with the responsibility of government of the North and the South. Military forces and installations are fairly distributed in all the three regions; if that is not the case, any of the regions can obtain military aid from certain interested Powers. It means that we cannot preclude the possibility of alliance with certain countries.
You may ask me to agree that if the British left Nigeria to its fate, the Northerners would continue their uninterrupted march to the sea, as was prophesied six years ago? My reply is that such an empty threat is devoid of historical substance and that so far as I know, the Eastern Region has never been subjugated by any indigenous African invader. At the price of being accused of overconfidence, I will risk a prophecy and say that, other things being equal, the Easterners will defend themselves gallantly, if and when they are invaded.
Let me take this opportunity to warn those who are making a mountain out of the molehill of the constitutional crisis to be more restrained and constructive. The dissemination of lies abroad; the publishing of flamboyant headlines about secessionist plans, and the goading of empty-headed careerists with gaseous ideas about their own importance in tile scheme of things in the North is being overdone in certain quarters. I feel that these quarters must be held responsible for any breach between the North and South, which nature had indissolubly united in a political, social and economic marriage of convenience. In my personal opinion, there is no sense in the North breaking away or the East or the West breaking away; it would be better if all the regions would address themselves to the task of crystallizing common nationality, irrespective of the extraneous influences at work. What history has joined together let no man put asunder. But history is a strange mistress which can cause strange things to happen!
Sources:
Nnamdi Azikiwe, Zik: A Selection from the Speeches of Nnamdi Azikiwe, Governor-General of the Federation of Nigeria formerly President of the Nigerian Senate formerly Premier of the Eastern Region of Nigeria (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1961).
1886-1960
http://www.blackpast.org/1953-nnamdi-azikiwe-speech-secession
(1953) Nnamdi Azikiwe, “Speech on Secession” | The Black Past: Remembered and Reclaimed
blackpast.org
(1953) Nnamdi Azikiwe, “Speech on Secession” | The Black Past: Remembered and Reclaimed
blackpast.org

Catch phrases like, "The unity of Nigeria is non-negotiable", "One-Nigeria", "I am prepared to pay the ultimate price for the survival of this union", etc" were all invented and propagated by Zik and Igbos.
Awolowo opined that "Nigeria is not a nation. It is a mere geographical expression. There are no ‘Nigerians’ in the same sense as there are ‘English’, ‘Welsh,’ or ‘French’. The word ‘Nigerian’ is merely a distinctive appellation to distinguish those who live within the boundaries of Nigeria from those who do not."
Tafawa Balewa said as follows: "Since 1914 the British Government has been trying to make Nigeria into one country, but the Nigerian people themselves are historically different in their backgrounds, in their religious beliefs and customs and do not show themselves any sign of willingness to unite, Nigerian unity is only a British intention for the country."
Anthony Enahoro demanded the inclusion of secession clause in our constitution so as to make it very easy for any region which later felt cheated to exit the union peacefully without a single bullet or a drop of anyone's blood.
Ahmadu Bello said, "Nigeria is the mistake of 1914 which if not reversed will eventually become a theatre of daily bloodshed.
But Nnamdi Azikiwe, said as follows: "My parents are natives of Eastern Nigeria, the arsenal of republicanism in Nigeria. Although I am Ibo, yet I speak Yoruba and I have a smattering of Hausa. I am now Premier of Eastern Nigeria, the land of my fathers, which lies five hundred miles from Lagos and almost a thousand miles from the place of my birth in Zungeru, in Northern Nigeria. Each of our three Regions is vastly different in many respects, but each has this in common: that, despite variety of languages and custom or difference in climate, all form part of one country which has existed as a political and social entity for fifty years. That is why we believe that the political union of Nigeria is destined to be PERPETUAL and INDESTRUCTIBLE.
Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr/
com/2016/10/quotes-founding-fathers-nigeria/
Quotes of founding fathers on Nigeria - Vanguard News
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 11:44am On Mar 22, 2017
Deadlytruth:
Below is one of the numerous speeches made by Azikiwe on behalf of Igbos chiding and lambasting the North for trying to seceed from Nigeria.
(1953) Nnamdi Azikiwe, “Speech on Secession”
In 1953 when Northern Nigerians were beginning to consider secession from the Nigerian colony that would soon be a nation, Nnamdi Azikiwe gave a speech before the caucus of his political party, the National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons (NCNC) in Yaba, Nigeria on May 12, 1953. That speech, while not disallowing secession, suggested that there would be grave consequences if the Northern region became an independent nation. Ironically, fourteen years later, Azikiwe led his Eastern Region out of Nigeria and created Biafra, a move that prompted a bloody three year civil war. Azikiwe's 1953 speech appears below.
I have invited you to attend this caucus because I would like you to make clear our stand on the issue of secession. As a party, we would have preferred Nigeria to remain intact, but lest there be doubt as to our willingness to concede to any shade of political opinion the right to determine its policy, I am obliged to issue a solemn warning to those who are goading the North towards secession. If you agree with my views, then I hope that in course of our deliberations tonight, you will endorse them, to enable me to publicize them in the Press.
In my opinion, the Northerners are perfectly entitled to consider whether or not they should secede from the indissoluble (NOTE ZIK'S USE OF THIS ADJECTIVE AS IT BETRAYED THE FACT THAT HE BELIEVED DEEP DOWN IN HIM THAT NIGERIA'S UNITY WAS NON-NEGOTIABLE AND IRREVOCABLE) union which nature has formed between it and the South, but it would be calamitous to the corporate existence of the North should the clamour for secession prevail. I, therefore, counsel Northern leaders to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of secession before embarking upon this dangerous course.
As one who was born in the North, I have a deep spiritual attachment to that part of the country, but it would be a capital political blunder if the North should break away from the South. The latter is in a better position to make rapid constitutional advance, so that if the North should become truncated from the South, it would benefit both Southerners and Northerners who are domiciled in the South more than their kith and kin who are domiciled in the North.
There are seven reasons for my holding to this view. Secession by the North may lead to internal political convulsion there when it is realized that militant nationalists and their organizations, like the NLPU, the Askianist Movement, and the Middle Zone League, have aspirations for self-government in 1956 identical with those of their Southern compatriots. It may lead to justifiable demands for the right of self-determination by non-Muslims, who form the majority of the population in the so-called ‘Pagan’ provinces, like Benue, Ilorin, Kabba, Niger and Plateau, not to mention the claims of non-Muslims who are domiciled in Adamawa and Bauchi Provinces.
It may lead to economic nationalism in the Eastern Region, which can pursue a policy of blockade of the North, by refusing it access to the sea, over and under the River Niger, except upon payment of tolls. It may lead to economic warfare between the North on the one hand, and the Eastern or Western regions on the other, should they decide to fix protective tariffs which will make the use of the ports of the Last and West uneconomic for the North.
The North may be rich in mineral resources and certain cash crops, but that is no guarantee that it would be capable of growing sufficient food crops to enable it to feed its teeming millions, unlike the East and the West. Secession may create hardship for Easterners and Westerners who are domiciled in the North, since the price of food crops to be imported into the North from the South is bound to be very high and to cause an increase in the cost of living. Lastly, it will endanger the relations with their neighbours of millions of Northerners who are domiciled in the East and West and Easterners and Westerners who reside in the North.
You may ask me whether there would be a prospect of civil war, if the North decided to secede? My answer would be that it is a hypothetical question which only time can answer. In any case, the plausible cause of a civil war might be a dispute as to the right of passage on the River Niger, or the right of flight over the territory of the Eastern or Western Region; but such disputes can be settled diplomatically, instead of by force.
Nevertheless, if civil war should become inevitable at this stage of our progress as a nation, then security considerations must be borne in mind by those who are charged with the responsibility of government of the North and the South. Military forces and installations are fairly distributed in all the three regions; if that is not the case, any of the regions can obtain military aid from certain interested Powers. It means that we cannot preclude the possibility of alliance with certain countries.
You may ask me to agree that if the British left Nigeria to its fate, the Northerners would continue their uninterrupted march to the sea, as was prophesied six years ago? My reply is that such an empty threat is devoid of historical substance and that so far as I know, the Eastern Region has never been subjugated by any indigenous African invader. At the price of being accused of overconfidence, I will risk a prophecy and say that, other things being equal, the Easterners will defend themselves gallantly, if and when they are invaded.
Let me take this opportunity to warn those who are making a mountain out of the molehill of the constitutional crisis to be more restrained and constructive. The dissemination of lies abroad; the publishing of flamboyant headlines about secessionist plans, and the goading of empty-headed careerists with gaseous ideas about their own importance in tile scheme of things in the North is being overdone in certain quarters. I feel that these quarters must be held responsible for any breach between the North and South, which nature had indissolubly united in a political, social and economic marriage of convenience. In my personal opinion, there is no sense in the North breaking away or the East or the West breaking away; it would be better if all the regions would address themselves to the task of crystallizing common nationality, irrespective of the extraneous influences at work. What history has joined together let no man put asunder. But history is a strange mistress which can cause strange things to happen!
Sources:
Nnamdi Azikiwe, Zik: A Selection from the Speeches of Nnamdi Azikiwe, Governor-General of the Federation of Nigeria formerly President of the Nigerian Senate formerly Premier of the Eastern Region of Nigeria (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1961).
1886-1960
http://www.blackpast.org/1953-nnamdi-azikiwe-speech-secession
blackpast.org
blackpast.org

Catch phrases like, "The unity of Nigeria is non-negotiable", "One-Nigeria", "I am prepared to pay the ultimate price for the survival of this union", etc" were all invented and propagated by Zik and Igbos.
Awolowo opined that "Nigeria is not a nation. It is a mere geographical expression. There are no ‘Nigerians’ in the same sense as there are ‘English’, ‘Welsh,’ or ‘French’. The word ‘Nigerian’ is merely a distinctive appellation to distinguish those who live within the boundaries of Nigeria from those who do not."
Tafawa Balewa said as follows: "Since 1914 the British Government has been trying to make Nigeria into one country, but the Nigerian people themselves are historically different in their backgrounds, in their religious beliefs and customs and do not show themselves any sign of willingness to unite, Nigerian unity is only a British intention for the country."
Anthony Enahoro demanded the inclusion of secession clause in our constitution so as to make it very easy for any region which later felt cheated to exit the union peacefully without a single bullet or a drop of anyone's blood.
Ahmadu Bello said, "Nigeria is the mistake of 1914 which if not reversed will eventually become a theatre of daily bloodshed.
But Nnamdi Azikiwe, said as follows: "My parents are natives of Eastern Nigeria, the arsenal of republicanism in Nigeria. Although I am Ibo, yet I speak Yoruba and I have a smattering of Hausa. I am now Premier of Eastern Nigeria, the land of my fathers, which lies five hundred miles from Lagos and almost a thousand miles from the place of my birth in Zungeru, in Northern Nigeria. Each of our three Regions is vastly different in many respects, but each has this in common: that, despite variety of languages and custom or difference in climate, all form part of one country which has existed as a political and social entity for fifty years. That is why we believe that the political union of Nigeria is destined to be PERPETUAL and INDESTRUCTIBLE.
Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr/
com/2016/10/quotes-founding-fathers-nigeria/
Quotes of founding fathers on Nigeria - Vanguard News

Quit beating about the bush: https://www.nairaland.com/3675653//7#54500260

Everything on that topic had been trashed here. If you have anything new to add other than your usual rantings and assigning of your schizophrenic thoughts on people's speeches, bring it to that thread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 12:00pm On Mar 22, 2017
Deadlytruth:
WHY BIAFRA WILL EVER REMAIN SLAVES OF AREWANISTANIS:

Azikiwe the greatest Biafran made it clear that the he was prepared to pay the ultimate price for the survival of this British Fraud. His commitment to this objective is underscored by the fact that he never in his lifetime regretted his several political alignments with Arewanistan even after same resulted in a war which took 3 million lives of his own brothers. He used his brothers as guinea pigs for an unnecessary experiment

Lol! First you go off tangent on how AAU was the first Nigerian state University, when that became debunked, you went about looking to hold Ndiigbo for FG actions.

The slaves of Arewa-oduanistanis know themselves. They are currently minority amongst minorities and yet are not seeking for independence but are fighting hard to retain the colonial entity. A slave with no desire for freedom, that's the worst form of slavery.

Zik for whatever reason is entitled to his own opinions and actions, he believed in United Nigeria, Modern Igbo youths don't, which is why Azikiwe is not celebrated as a Hero in Igboland today. His actions and beliefs of yester years are at variance to the belief and drive of the modern Igbo. The old UK leaders put UK in EU and worked for the union of EU, the current UK people and leaders felt no connection with EU and decided the union had outlived its usefulness to the people of UK, hence the Brexit.
A people have the right to reverse their association with any union many years after they fought to preserve such union. Your blackmail is cheap , moronic and irrational and won't stop the Igbo from taking a different course from that taken by Zik. Our sovereignty is ours to give or take, and our right to self determination is sacrosanct.

It's Moronic to say because an Igbo leader found the Nigerian union tasty yesteryears and promoted its unity, there fore Igbo leaders and people have no right to find the union distasteful today and to seek for severance of the Igbo nation from the union.
King James VI of Scotland promoted the union of Scotland and England, the Scottish parliament supported the union of Scotland and England in 1707, yet not long ago, the modern Scottish leader Alex salmon sought for the breakaway of Scotland from UK, it took a referendum to stop him.
If UK were Nigeria, Morons would have said that Salmond and Scottish people had no right to seek for independence of Scotland or ask for referendum, since it was a Scottish king that promoted the formation of UK centuries ago and the Scottish parliament leaders supported the move.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 12:20pm On Mar 22, 2017
Zik was the first Southerner to align with a Hausa-
Fulani Northern party - NEPU. On the excuse that
an alliance cutting across North and South was
better for a non-existent national unity as against
the suggested all-South coalition, he took it further
in 1959 by aligning with the rabid and larger
umbrella Northern party - NPC to emerge a
ceremonial Governor General who approved and
signed all the documents directing the
imprisonment of his fellow Southerners to the
cheering of the Arewanistan.

Lol! After Awolowo introduction of tribal politics in the 1951 Western region election to win the region for his AG, what option exactly did he leave for NCNC but to align with the North.

And moreover, while NCNC aligned with NEPU, AG was also aligned with UMBC, both NEPU and UMBC being the minority parties in the North.

The circumstances behind the aligning of NCNC with NPC was hinged on Awo's treachery where he wanted to play Zik a fool, but was instead checkmated by Zik who left him in the lurch. Awo would later play the same game successfully against Ojukwu. For while Awo was posturing as a middle man in search of alliance with the East, he was also searching for a possible alliance with the North.

Awolowo was imprisoned for treasonable felony, after his greed got the better of him and he was found guilty of trying to Usurp the ruling. Balewagovernment( an offense he would later 're commit against IBB), he was tried a a court of law by a Yoruba judge and found guilty of all the charges levelled against him, alongside with his fellow culprits in AG.
How anybody would attribute Awo imprisonment to Zik and Ndiigbo and not to Awo greed and lust for power, remain a mystery to me. But nevertheless is in keeping with the tradition of bitter Igbophobic groups pinning all. their self inflicted mis fortunes on Ndiigbo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 12:49pm On Mar 22, 2017
Damage control!
In furtherance of the Igbo culture of ganging up
with Hausa-Fulani to victimize other Southerners,
Azikiwe led his NPP into a partial alliance with the
caliphate owned NPN paving the way for the
Arewanistan-Biafra government of Shagari-
Ekweme. It is there on YouTube. Videos don't lie.
Azikiwe donated money to the building of AAU
when ASUTECH of his own state was seeking funds
to build too? The usual way of claiming they
developed other people's terrains while theirs lies
in a sorry state. The Zik who lost his voice while
the government formed from his collision with
feudalists fought to kill the same school?
You can't give what you don't have.

Lol! Never had Ndiigbo ganged up with Arewa people
to oppress any southern group.

After Awolowo and Yoruba roles in the civil war, including their promotion of starvation policy, Indigenization policy and 20 pounds policy after the war, it became perpetually impossible for one to sell a Yoruba alliance to an Igbo man.

Alliance with NPN was the best for NPP at the point in time, it was a case of choosing between the bad( North) and the Ugly( Yorubas), Ndiigbo chose the bad.

So, Zik did wrong by donating to AAU building when he was invited by the state? So he should have turned down the invitation to please your bitter Edo self?

How much did Edo persons donate during the inauguration of ASUTECH in 1981 and IMSU in 1982?

Why do you expect the Igbo man,Zik to fight Ambrose Alli battles for him? So that you will accuse him of leaving his own Igbo battles and coming to fight another man's battle like you already accuse him
of leaving his own state universities and coming to donate to that of Edo.

There is no pleasing Igbophobic beings. But the good news is that I'm not here to please you, but to slam you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 12:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
If we even take it hypothetically that the above
donation list is valid, then the fact that only one
Yoruba man's donation dwarfed all Igbos'
donations combined is an evidence of Yorubas
superiority to Igbos as regards love for education.
Likewise Ibru's own alone dwarfs the combined
Igbo ones. Is that not still a confirmation of the
superiority of Edoids over the entire Middle East as
regards love for educational development? It still
was an evidence that Igbos were not happy with
Ambrose Alli's court victory over the Arewanistan-
Biafra FG, thus they donated paltry sums just for
tokenism.

Lol! How much did you bitter beings donate to ASUTECH and IMSU during their own inauguration in 1981 and 1982?

Bitter beings!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 1:16pm On Mar 22, 2017
The truth remains that your fear and envy if Edo's
glorious past still haunts you hence you keep
talking of Edo Empire and Edo having no say in the
SS and being a minority. You are obviously pained.
The truth about the SS is that it is a region of
peaceful, loving, kind, gentle, godly and caring
people. The way we relate with one another is not
about who has which say but about what is true,
right, just and beneficial to everyone. That is why
you can't find a SS people at each other's necks.
We are not after one another's lands or resources.
When we are away from home we respect our
hosts.

Lol! No one is scared of an empire of blood and Gore!
The oldest civilization in Southern Nigeria is Nri, and the art works at Igbo ukwu were more sophisticated than those of Edo.

Don't know what you mean by "SS". SE people are at peace with Ndiigbo in Enu-ani, in Delta state, Igbo sons and daughters in Enu-ani like Okonjo, Utomi, Okocha Achuzia, Asagba of Asaba, the people of Abia state are in good terms with their Annang and Ibibio neighbors, and the Ndokis are in good terms with their Ogoni neighbors.
I don't see how an Edo man is related or more connected to a Cross riverian more than Abians that are their direct neighbors.

You don't have more history or association with states like Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River than SE that share direct boundaries with them. Akpabio, Imoke are all married to Igbo women from SE, Amaechi Wife is from Anambra state. The current Ohanaeze Secretary General, Uche Okwukwu is an Ikwerre.

There is a reason why SE has small landmass and is densely populated. We never engaged in war of expansionism against our immediate neighbors, and as such we never lost lives in war in the ancient days.
SE is the safest region in the entire country because of peace loving nature of her people. Only Igbophobic people think otherwise.

So don't tell me stories of Edo living in peace with groups in SS ,The gelegele issue in Edo state between Edos and Ijaws is still a fresh case.

You can spare me this you BS post.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 1:27pm On Mar 22, 2017
In 1979, exactly 20 years from 1959, Zik and Igbos
went into alliance again with NPN the
metamorphosis product of NPC and NEPU to
produce another Arewanistan-Biafra coalition
government. That too won gold in ineptitude and
soon attracted military coup.
In 1999, twenty years again from 1979, the
Arewanistan-Biafra coalition came again in the
form of PDP which got its winning votes mostly
from the North and Middle East to place a lackey
of the North in office with the promise to hand over
to the same Ekueme after having being shoved
aside with money in the primaries by IBB the
founder of the party who recently admitted the
existence of a military wing in it.

Lol! And PDP that never produced an Igbo president miraculously became an Igbo party. The same party Anenih( an Edo man) and co held sway.

Your revisionism is schizophrenic! Ekwueme was one of the founders of PDP, but wasn't considered an easier lackey to control by powers that be, hence the choice of OBJ, he was also thought to be Biafran.

Either way, PDP was a national party and never was an Igbo- Arewa party. You are just a desperate being.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2017
pazienza:

Lol! First you go off tangent on how AAU was the first Nigerian state University, when that became debunked, you went about looking to hold Ndiigbo for FG actions.

The slaves of Arewa-oduanistanis know themselves. They are currently minority amongst minorities and yet are not seeking for independence but are fighting hard to retain the colonial entity. A slave with no desire for freedom, that's the worst form of slavery.

Zik for whatever reason is entitled to his own opinions and actions, he believed in United Nigeria, Modern Igbo youths don't, which is why Azikiwe is not celebrated as a Hero in Igboland today. His actions and beliefs of yester years are at variance to the belief and drive of the modern Igbo. The old UK leaders put UK in EU and worked for the union of EU, the current UK people and leaders felt no connection with EU and decided the union had outlived its usefulness to the people of UK, hence the Brexit.

A people have the right to reverse their association with any union many years after they fought to preserve such union. Your blackmail is cheap , moronic and irrational and won't stop the Igbo from taking a different course from that taken by Zik. Our sovereignty is ours to give or take, and our right to self determination is sacrosanct.

It's Moronic to say because an Igbo leader found the Nigerian union tasty yesteryears and promoted its unity, there fore Igbo leaders and people have no right to find the union distasteful today and to seek for severance of the Igbo nation from the union.
King James VI of Scotland promoted the union of Scotland and England, the Scottish parliament supported the union of Scotland and England in 1707, yet not long ago, the modern Scottish leader Alex salmon sought for the breakaway of Scotland from UK, it took a referendum to stop him.
If UK were Nigeria, Morons would have said that Salmond and Scottish people had no right to seek for independence of Scotland or ask for referendum, since it was a Scottish king that promoted the formation of UK centuries ago and the Scottish parliament leaders supported the move.

In addition to the litigation angle to the establishment of AAU, the chronological defect of your account of the founding and establishing of ESUTECH punctured your lie. How could a school be founded in 1980 and then established in 1979? Was time counting backwards then? You have refused to answer how it was possible for the Anambra Government which got sworn in on October 1 1979 to have gone through all the numerous rigours involved in preparation of a bill, sponsoring same and signing it into law all within less than three months before Jan 1 1980.

The difference between Zik's and Igbos' initial derive to preserve Nigeria and that of the Scottish King's drive to preserve Britain was that while those who initially sought to preserve Britain did so based on genuine on-ground evidence of hopes as to the workability of UK, Zik and Igbos sought to preserve Nigeria right in the face of preponderance of evidence to Nigeria's non-workability. Secondly, despite how genuinely hopeful they were of its workabiltiy, the founders of UK unanimously allowed for a constitutional provision for exit just in case of later dissatisfaction in any quarters. But in Nigeria Zik and Igbos made demons out of those who moved motions for such exit provisions, with Ironsi and Ojukwu later promulgating Anti-secession Decree. Ojukwu nearly killed Isaac Boro for daring to pull out of Nigeria. Ironically the same Ojukwu in less than 15 months later declared to pull out of the same Nigeria? What really changed other than power possession which slipped off Igbos' hands on account of Ironsi's ouster? Suffice it to say therefore that had power remained in the hands of Middle Easterners they would never have later come to find Nigeria distasteful, thus secessionist movements would have been alien to them. This is why anyone who compares UK with Nigeria is an uninformed victim of moronic plague.

Those who deny others freedom don't deserve it themselves.......... Abraham Lincoln.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 5:54pm On Mar 22, 2017
pazienza:
Zik was the first Southerner to align with a Hausa-
Fulani Northern party - NEPU. On the excuse that
an alliance cutting across North and South was
better for a non-existent national unity as against
the suggested all-South coalition, he took it further
in 1959 by aligning with the rabid and larger
umbrella Northern party - NPC to emerge a
ceremonial Governor General who approved and
signed all the documents directing the
imprisonment of his fellow Southerners to the
cheering of the Arewanistan.

Lol! After Awolowo introduction of tribal politics in the 1951 Western region election to win the region for his AG, what option exactly did he leave for NCNC but to align with the North.

And moreover, while NCNC aligned with NEPU, AG was also aligned with UMBC, both NEPU and UMBC being the minority parties in the North.

The circumstances behind the aligning of NCNC with NPC was hinged on Awo's treachery where he wanted to play Zik a fool, but was instead checkmated by Zik who left him in the lurch. Awo would later play the same game successfully against Ojukwu. For while Awo was posturing as a middle man in search of alliance with the East, he was also searching for a possible alliance with the North.

Awolowo was imprisoned for treasonable felony, after his greed got the better of him and he was found guilty of trying to Usurp the ruling. Balewagovernment( an offense he would later 're commit against IBB), he was tried a a court of law by a Yoruba judge and found guilty of all the charges levelled against him, alongside with his fellow culprits in AG.
How anybody would attribute Awo imprisonment to Zik and Ndiigbo and not to Awo greed and lust for power, remain a mystery to me. But nevertheless is in keeping with the tradition of bitter Igbophobic groups pinning all. their self inflicted mis fortunes on Ndiigbo.

Zik introduced tribal politics in 1938 when he pulled out of NYM on account of his candidate's loss of the movement's chairmanship.
What Awolowo fought against in 1951 was inter-regional intrusion. His Outburst that "It would appear that the god of Igbos had placed Nigeria's destiny in Igbos' hands" Was also another tribal slur that preceeded the 1951 saga. Moreover Zik never actually won that election. Only the usual Igbo propaganda machine held out this lie for decades. The stats are available and I will post it soon.

The regions were created for the purpose of governing themselves and not for one region to be re-colonized and governed by another under the "One-Nigeria" subterfuge which Zik was pulling across everyone's face.
Zik had his own eastern region of which to seek premiership unchallenged. Why go to another man's region to seek premiership if not for expansionist drive?

Even assuming that Awolowo offended him, was he supposed to retaliate through a means which he knew would endanger the future liberty of all southerners from the born-to-rule Northern Oligarchy? Why not have patiently waited for a revenge opportunity that would punish Awolowo and Awolowo alone without collateral damage to innocent southerners including his own brothers? Was that a manifestation of good sense of judgement on Zik's path?

Zik and Balewa were first to usurp Awolowo's Western Region's powers by first reinstating Akintola without elections as directed by the Western Region's constitution, and secondly by disobeying the Privy Council's verdict which sacked Akintola afterwards. Awolowo only resorted to self help as a result of the anarchy and bad example set by the evil Balewa-Zik coalition. That was why Zik made it into Nzeogwu's hit list and Awolowo did not.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 5:55pm On Mar 22, 2017
pazienza:

Quit beating about the bush: https://www.nairaland.com/3675653//7#54500260

Everything on that topic had been trashed here. If you have anything new to add other than your usual rantings and assigning of your schizophrenic thoughts on people's speeches, bring it to that thread.

I thought the thrashing was supposed to be explanations and evidences that Zik did not say all those?
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 6:03pm On Mar 22, 2017
pazienza:
In 1979, exactly 20 years from 1959, Zik and Igbos
went into alliance again with NPN the
metamorphosis product of NPC and NEPU to
produce another Arewanistan-Biafra coalition
government. That too won gold in ineptitude and
soon attracted military coup.
In 1999, twenty years again from 1979, the
Arewanistan-Biafra coalition came again in the
form of PDP which got its winning votes mostly
from the North and Middle East to place a lackey
of the North in office with the promise to hand over
to the same Ekueme after having being shoved
aside with money in the primaries by IBB the
founder of the party who recently admitted the
existence of a military wing in it.

Lol! And PDP that never produced an Igbo president miraculously became an Igbo party. The same party Anenih( an Edo man) and co held sway.

Your revisionism is schizophrenic! Ekwueme was one of the founders of PDP, but wasn't considered an easier lackey to control by powers that be, hence the choice of OBJ, he was also thought to be Biafran.

Either way, PDP was a national party and never was an Igbo- Arewa party. You are just a desperate being.

Your short memory is schizophrenic! None of the so-called national parties ever produced an Igbo president. In all such arrangements Igbos are only used as stepping stones to power by the Arewanistan. In the case of PDP Ekueme was to be given the ticket but IBB swept him off with cash. Ekweme wasn't considered an easier lackey? After he already played lackey role for Arewanistan in 1979? You are a fraud!
Anenih is an Edo lackey to the Arewanistan-Biafra marriage, however we Edos don't deny it the way Igbos do for theirs. We revile Anenih and scorn him. We once took a riot to his house and attacked him for his romance with the North. Igbos don't ever do same to their own lackeys of the North.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 6:14pm On Mar 22, 2017
Zik introduced tribal politics in 1938 when he pulled
out of NYM on account of his candidate's loss of
the movement's chairmanship.
What Awolowo fought against in 1951 was inter-
regional intrusion. His Outburst that "It would
appear that the god of Igbos had placed Nigeria's
destiny in Igbos' hands" Was also another tribal
slur that preceeded the 1951 saga. Moreover Zik
never actually won that election. Only the usual
Igbo propaganda machine held out this lie for
decades. The stats are available and I will post it
soon.

In what planet could Zik had introduced tribal politics in Nigeria, when his candidate in the 1938 NYM election was not an Igbo, but a Yoruba in the person of Samuel Akinsanya!
How exactly could Zik supporting a Yoruba candidate be the cause of the Yoruba- Igbo rift that Awo introduced to win the 1951 elections?
What Awo fought in 1951 was inter tribal intrusions.
Moreover, nothing in Zik speech was tribal or indicative of desire to subjugate any other group. It was at best, self praise, which is expected seeing as he was addressing an Igbo gathering.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 6:17pm On Mar 22, 2017
pazienza:
The truth remains that your fear and envy if Edo's
glorious past still haunts you hence you keep
talking of Edo Empire and Edo having no say in the
SS and being a minority. You are obviously pained.
The truth about the SS is that it is a region of
peaceful, loving, kind, gentle, godly and caring
people. The way we relate with one another is not
about who has which say but about what is true,
right, just and beneficial to everyone. That is why
you can't find a SS people at each other's necks.
We are not after one another's lands or resources.
When we are away from home we respect our
hosts.

Lol! No one is scared of an empire of blood and Gore!
The oldest civilization in Southern Nigeria is Nri, and the art works at Igbo ukwu were more sophisticated than those of Edo.

Don't know what you mean by "SS". SE people are at peace with Ndiigbo in Enu-ani, in Delta state, Igbo sons and daughters in Enu-ani like Okonjo, Utomi, Okocha Achuzia, Asagba of Asaba, the people of Abia state are in good terms with their Annang and Ibibio neighbors, and the Ndokis are in good terms with their Ogoni neighbors.
I don't see how an Edo man is related or more connected to a Cross riverian more than Abians that are their direct neighbors.

You don't have more history or association with states like Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River than SE that share direct boundaries with them. Akpabio, Imoke are all married to Igbo women from SE, Amaechi Wife is from Anambra state. The current Ohanaeze Secretary General, Uche Okwukwu is an Ikwerre.

There is a reason why SE has small landmass and is densely populated. We never engaged in war of expansionism against our immediate neighbors, and as such we never lost lives in war in the ancient days.
SE is the safest region in the entire country because of peace loving nature of her people. Only Igbophobic people think otherwise.

So don't tell me stories of Edo living in peace with groups in SS ,The gelegele issue in Edo state between Edos and Ijaws is still a fresh case.

You can spare me this you BS post.

You can cry me river for all I care. The SS has come to stay. The Bini and Ijaws issue on Gele gele is just a normal minor disagreement expected of any close neighbours. It is being handled legally and not with weapons. Whoever loses will accept the Supreme Court's verdict in good faith.

Your preposterous logic is always astonishing. How does intermarriage of Igbos with Ibibios and Annangs define closer ties with them? So Igbos who are married to Yorubas have automatically made the two tribes more related? Anenih's wife is an Igbo woman. SLS had affairs with Aruma Oteh which produced children. Does that suggest that Igbos have become related to Fulanis? Stella Oduah is married to Engr. Chris Ogiemwonyi from Edo State. Does that confer any closeness of blood between Binis and Igbos? You are so driven by desperation that you can latch onto any logic to make a senseless point.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 6:19pm On Mar 22, 2017
pazienza:
Zik introduced tribal politics in 1938 when he pulled
out of NYM on account of his candidate's loss of
the movement's chairmanship.
What Awolowo fought against in 1951 was inter-
regional intrusion. His Outburst that "It would
appear that the god of Igbos had placed Nigeria's
destiny in Igbos' hands" Was also another tribal
slur that preceeded the 1951 saga. Moreover Zik
never actually won that election. Only the usual
Igbo propaganda machine held out this lie for
decades. The stats are available and I will post it
soon.

If you had read more you would have known.
In what planet could Zik had introduced tribal politics in Nigeria, when his candidate in the 1938 NYM election was not an Igbo, but a Yoruba in the person of Samuel Akinsanya!
How exactly could Zik supporting a Yoruba candidate be the cause of the Yoruba- Igbo rift that Awo introduced to win the 1951 elections?
What Awo fought in 1951 was inter tribal intrusions.
Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by pazienza(m): 6:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
In addition to the litigation angle to the
establishment of AAU, the chronological defect of
your account of the founding and establishing of
ESUTECH punctured your lie. How could a school
be founded in 1980 and then established in 1979?
Was time counting backwards then? You have
refused to answer how it was possible for the
Anambra Government which got sworn in on
October 1 1979 to have gone through all the
numerous rigours involved in preparation of a bill,
sponsoring same and signing it into law all within
less than three months before Jan 1 1980.

You being silly and trying to save face.

Until now, you are yet to provide any links other than a speech by an Igbo man in a newspaper to support your claim of AAU being the first state University in Nigeria.

I had since provided genuine sources from ESUT official website, which affirmed the school as the first state University http://www.esut.edu.ng/

And a link from AAU official website : https://www.aauekpoma.edu.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=103&Itemid=172

All you have so far is your schizophrenic mis representations and delusional bending of facts.

You are shameless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion by Deadlytruth(m): 6:49pm On Mar 22, 2017
pazienza:
If we even take it hypothetically that the above
donation list is valid, then the fact that only one
Yoruba man's donation dwarfed all Igbos'
donations combined is an evidence of Yorubas
superiority to Igbos as regards love for education.
Likewise Ibru's own alone dwarfs the combined
Igbo ones. Is that not still a confirmation of the
superiority of Edoids over the entire Middle East as
regards love for educational development? It still
was an evidence that Igbos were not happy with
Ambrose Alli's court victory over the Arewanistan-
Biafra FG, thus they donated paltry sums just for
tokenism.

Lol! How much did you bitter beings donate to ASUTECH and IMSU during their own inauguration in 1981 and 1982?

Bitter beings!

Did we ever take Anambra Governor to court over his right to establish ASUTECH to warrant the need for donations-like expiation at the point of its actual establishment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply)

Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter / How Abba Kyari Died Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos - By LASG / Meet Jennifer Jamilah Douglas-Abubakar, Igbo Wife Of Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 220
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.