Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,916 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) (59971 Views)

Airtel Nigeria Early Career Recruitment Program 2019 - HND/Bsc 2.2/Lower Crd. / FCSC Recruitment: Successful Candidates Shortlisted For Interview Meet Here / FCSC 2016 Recruitment: FCSC Releases Batch A List For Interview! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by ojhandsome(m): 8:15am On Mar 18, 2017
stevealibi:

Sharrap and stop makin noise with ur 1st class, if ur so gud as indicated by ur cert' y nt use ur brains to achieve sumtin or a unique skill and stop blamin govt jor' govt cannot provide jobs 4 everyone ok

Lol ona too get bad mouth
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by ikp120(m): 8:15am On Mar 18, 2017
OLANIYI1985:

thanks i have checked.
Bros ya name dey there? cheesy grin grin grin
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by greatfoly(m): 8:17am On Mar 18, 2017
fav444:
My brother, I feel ur pain. But remember that we are not one and may not be in the nearest future. We all are in one way or the other divided along political, tribal, social status and class, religious, cultural and regional lines.

To my fellow citizens,
If you are a son of just an average man or worst still a poor man and u are busy preaching, believing or fighting over "one Nigeria", My dear wake up cos you are only dreaming.

One Nigeria is only being practised among politicians and rich class irrespective of their tribes, religion or geopolitical zone. They share their juicy jobs and appointments among themselves but some very poor people will be here fighting each other over them.

You nailed it bro!
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by anjowaka510(m): 8:17am On Mar 18, 2017
Ur Frd gat longer leg my friend
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by alsudaes1(m): 8:17am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:
I woke up this morning with the news that FCSC has shortlisted lists of successful candidates in the ongoing recruitment exercise by the Commission in various Federal Ministries.

Succinctly, I have a friend who studied Business Administration with 3rd Class, while I have Msc and Bsc (2.1) all in Economics. Both of us applied for the same position (SGL 09) in the Ministry of Trade & Investment. Perhaps, to my greatest perplexity, this guy's name was shortlisted while mine was conspicuously missing. Just a few minutes ago he opened up to me that the father made "some calls" on his behalf prior to this time.

For your information, we are of the same age bracket, applied for same position, from the same State. So what criteria could have been used to disqualify someone with Msc and Bsc (2.1) and someone with a 3rd Class was selected.

Holding other factors constant, I am so happy for him and I am so expectant that mine is coming. But this has kept me in an awe position, as the whole scenario depicts lack of correlation between merit and success in this entity called Nigeria.

WHAT A COUNTRY? So help us God!

I felt so disappointed too, kept wondering the criteria used sad
So Help Us God!!!
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by dfrost: 8:18am On Mar 18, 2017
Tyviv:
The matter tire me.... I look the list like 3times as I no see my name,I shake head comot.... Just bcoz I don't know one politician or the other, it is well cry

I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me during FRSC recruitment years back. Don't let the issue deter you. Keep pushing, you'll surely get there.

What's your area of specialty?

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Odkosh: 8:18am On Mar 18, 2017
sholay2011:
Hmmm...it is well. And here in Canada, I got a part time government job (still doing my MSc) without knowing anybody (but God).

It is well with my country, Nigeria.
bros, am planning to move into Canada. please how much do u spend on the visa. please please. need a reply. how did you go about it.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by DeGhost: 8:18am On Mar 18, 2017
In all the places I have worked and all the interviews I have been to, NO ONE has ever asked me what I graduated with, and in 2 cases I got the job and resumed on the same day of my interview.

1. Do not put your grade on a Cv whether it is 4.5 or 2.0
2. No matter what you graduate with, go for trainings, find out the relevant certifications in your career path and get them.
3. Write a good CV , well
formatted and free of typographical blunders
4. Prepare well for interviews, be confident

We are in a phase where skill and experience is beginning to matter more than grades and connections, if you position yourself well by building your knowledge you will always have a good job.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by cooldood(m): 8:20am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:
I woke up this morning with the news that FCSC has shortlisted lists of successful candidates in the ongoing recruitment exercise by the Commission in various Federal Ministries.

Succinctly, I have a friend who studied Business Administration with 3rd Class, while I have Msc and Bsc (2.1) all in Economics. Both of us applied for the same position (SGL 09) in the Ministry of Trade & Investment. Perhaps, to my greatest perplexity, this guy's name was shortlisted while mine was conspicuously missing. Just a few minutes ago he opened up to me that the father made "some calls" on his behalf prior to this time.

For your information, we are of the same age bracket, applied for same position, from the same State. So what criteria could have been used to disqualify someone with Msc and Bsc (2.1) and someone with a 3rd Class was selected.

Holding other factors constant, I am so happy for him and I am so expectant that mine is coming. But this has kept me in an awe position, as the whole scenario depicts lack of correlation between merit and success in this entity called Nigeria.

Why are you surprised,am actually surprised that you are surprised.Just start from the cabinet ministers of the present and past administrations, you'd find more of square pegs in round holes.It is exactly what explains why 9ja is doomed cos guess what that is how the cycle will go on.In future when your friend has kids looking for job,he will quickly 'just press some buttons' for his son/daughter that finish with third class and do not fit such positions.It's a cycle.Don't get me wrong,button is pressed almost everywhere but at least press button for graduates that have met the minimum requirements first (if you want to do that at all). I tell you this until the entire civil service workers are flushed out completely and new fresh graduates and fresh experienced hire are put in charge (net job loss=zero), Nigeria is going nowhere.Most Government agencies are the ones pulling back private enterprises cos most of them didn't get there on merit anyway.Go to customs, you'd find them there,go to CAC,FIRS,Passport office,etc.

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by chiefolododo(m): 8:21am On Mar 18, 2017
It is well

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by LorDBolton(m): 8:22am On Mar 18, 2017
Kingsolar:
Bros if na by qualification u fink say mr buhari supose be ur president? Listen 2 ursef, ur frnd father made some kals. Wiseup na 9ja b dis

Bruv is there any country where people dont use connect?

Stop kidding yourselves ...its a general rule in life... Use what u have to get what u want

There are many who got shortlisted without knowing anybody sef, thats for sure

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 8:24am On Mar 18, 2017
you are not happy for him,u sound too bitter which i understand,u made it look like its the guys fault the dad made some calls on his behalf,i wonder how ur friend is going to feel when he sees this your writeup......

am very sure some peeps got shortlisted without knowing anyone....thats grace maybe thats what u should pray for not trying to bring the guy down for wetin no be him wahala.....

and whats the fuss about first class sef.......?

10 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nusaf: 8:25am On Mar 18, 2017
OneNigerianist:
Sorry Op, but you sound ignorant and arrogant. Instead of protesting the lack of transparency in the shortlisting process you are contesting why a third class should be taken in your stead. Civil service dont use grade, thats the bitter truth. Once you have the degree, you are qualified. If you have a higher degree it is disregarded except where it is demanded as a requirement.

You should be concerned that not all applicants are being given the chance to go for interview but a handpicked few.

Absolutely correct.

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 18, 2017
A country where grades are prioritised over knowledge.
A country where students do anything and everything to get good grades without trying to know the course itself.
Many third class holders are better than the First class and second class holders who can't defend it!!!
Your Msc and Bsc may not make you better than him. he might still perform better than you would in any firm.
I know a whole lot of First class and 2.1 holders who can't even speak good English. na sign language em carry write exams??
Op rest!!

8 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by godswillzeky(m): 8:26am On Mar 18, 2017
VISIT THIS BLOG TO GET TUTORIALS ON HOW TO DO ANY THING: https://zekylcious..co.ke/?m=1
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by silversonuc(m): 8:27am On Mar 18, 2017
ofeshe:
Ogbeni shey 3rd nobi result nii. Abeg park well sidon dia dey wail on top ur 2.1 no go find connect

are u that his frnd?
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:28am On Mar 18, 2017
OP, zagadat! grin
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by LordOfNaira: 8:28am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:

My brother, the days of meritocracy are long gone. That is why we are in a mess. I remembered a time in past when I was trying to gain direct entry admission with a distinction in a diploma course, a man told me that my distinction was useless and that I better get wise. I lost the admission that year. But the painful thing was that people with terrible grades got admitted.

With the way the country presently is, nothing will ever work. She has lost her values and may never regain it.

3 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by silversonuc(m): 8:29am On Mar 18, 2017
idee91:
Let's look at the bright side...... They've saved us the cost of coming to Abuja, because at the end, if your connection no strong, na waste you dey waste your time.

u knew all dis, yet u applied

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:

You are over qualified for the Job. Your own job is coming

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by OMAP1(m): 8:29am On Mar 18, 2017
Phinity318:

Bobo look into what u can offer with ur MSc/Bsc(2.1) and not what u can gain...I tell u in naija connect works faster than brains. be ur own boss. Bless
My brother where is conducive environment for guys to even thrive on their own! Nigeria is a polluted environment, waiting for cleansing by right and positive minded individuals. You can be one of the change agents. Let purge Nigeria off pollution.

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by engrpheleeks(m): 8:29am On Mar 18, 2017
Sorry bro. But the truth is, FSCS doesn't need ur grade. One thing is getting a good grade in the university, another thing is based on recommendation. It's not as if someone with a higher grade and qualification should automatically or is supposed to be employed first. Most companies only use those criteria to screen out people maybe due to crowd, etc. as the case may be. Anybody is qualified for the job provided you are certified. Haven't u heard of people with First class who can't even define the course they studied or have little or nothing to contribute to the office they are applying for? Companies don't need ur grades, most people have bastardized the degree certificate by buying their way through school. It's all a matter of what you've got to offer. And finally, most jobs are best given based on recommendation. When someone recommends someone for me, I should be 70% sure to get the qualities I am looking for in an employee. And whereby reverse is the case, the person who recommended the employee, has not just lost credibility. He has also placed his professionalism on the line.

3 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by ojuu4u(m): 8:30am On Mar 18, 2017
hrykanu231:

This way of thinking is why Nigeria is still backward in almost all facets when compared to other countries. So merit should be set aside, right?

its your way of reasoning that's bring Nigeria backward, why everything you based on paper qualifications and that's exact reason why everybody is buy certificates, productivity/experience should be place above certificates. if truly he had masters and 2:1 as he claimed that's *more intelligent* let him think how he can stand on his own rather than looking for white collar job

3 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:30am On Mar 18, 2017
The issue is hw well did he perform during interview. it's not enough to carry 1sr class all about. too man fake 1clasz everywhere now

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by VeniJu: 8:31am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:

Aside his father making calls on his behalf and aside the qualifications, you also need to know what the true meaning of ''Luck.''
Dis days, all one need is to know how to write, read and comprehend. You will get orientation on any job.

3 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by dizzle101(m): 8:31am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:

my bro 2 criteria are needed in naija GOD Nd WHO KNOW WHO. A simple 11 digit number nd a #100 recharge card can do what a PHD certificate can't do.

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by blackboy(m): 8:31am On Mar 18, 2017
Guy I think your MSc disqualified you. GL9 with MSc you are over qualified. My opinion. You disqualified yourself by presenting MSc. I know ppl with HND but present ND to get an ND required job because HND would have disqualified them

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by LorDBolton(m): 8:32am On Mar 18, 2017
DeGhost:
In all the places I have worked and all the interviews I have been to, NO ONE has ever asked me what I graduated with, and in 2 cases I got the job and resumed on the same day of my interview.

1. do not put your grade on a Cv whether it is 4.5 or 2.0
2. No matter what you graduate with, go for trainings, find out the relevant certifications in your career path and get them.
3. Write a good CV , well
formatted and free of typographical blunders
4. Prepare well for interviews, be confident

We are in a phase where skill and experience is beginning to matter more than grades and connections, if you position yourself well by building your knowledge you will always have a good job.

Per The emboldened , i was told by asked by an ED during interviews why my grade wasn't on my CV ... Told him its cos of recommendations like yours .

He laughed and told me i was lucky to reach this stage , HR usually thrash CV with no grade cos they assume the person made 3rd class.

So i'm wondering why you will advice first class holders join to not crest their 4.5 on his CV , in recruitments there are usually "minimum requiremeNts" sef

So how's the recruiter supposed to know if u meet them? Psychic??

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Mouthgag: 8:32am On Mar 18, 2017
deanoffaculty:
I don't understand......Are you guyz now saying those who graduated with first class should be preffered over third class? Haba!! Where una wan make 2nd class and 3rd class people go? Everyone cannot be as bright as those who are graduated with 1st class. Abi 3rd class no be result?
Employment is not only meant for 1st class graduates, it is for everybody.
THIS IS NIGERIA!!!
Shut up!
Olodo

So 3rd class should be considered before 1st class abi?

Nonsense!

In a sane country, 1st class usually even get automatic employment.

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by wickyyolo: 8:32am On Mar 18, 2017
nkwako:
Most people with third class won't be employed a lot of names on that list was just to appease the middle men...

been shortlisted it means employment. in the interview they will just ask what's your name blah blah and give you letter of employment. That's how govt operate. Don't be deceived

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by deleo16(m): 8:32am On Mar 18, 2017
cry

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

2017 Recruitment Of Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) / NECO Coordination Starts In August 2016. Earn Up To N15,000 - Mpyaw / For Those That Applied For The Just Concluded FCSC Recruitment Execirse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.