Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,711 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) (59965 Views)

Airtel Nigeria Early Career Recruitment Program 2019 - HND/Bsc 2.2/Lower Crd. / FCSC Recruitment: Successful Candidates Shortlisted For Interview Meet Here / FCSC 2016 Recruitment: FCSC Releases Batch A List For Interview! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nusaf: 8:53am On Mar 18, 2017
blont:
who knw if na all these mumu english wey u write for here u don go speak for there? if dat na the case, u r d cause of your problem.

Laff want comot my teeth. You no well.

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Amah70: 8:54am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:
I woke up this morning with the news that FCSC has shortlisted lists of successful candidates in the ongoing recruitment exercise by the Commission in various Federal Ministries.

Succinctly, I have a friend who studied Business Administration with 3rd Class, while I have Msc and Bsc (2.1) all in Economics. Both of us applied for the same position (SGL 09) in the Ministry of Trade & Investment. Perhaps, to my greatest perplexity, this guy's name was shortlisted while mine was conspicuously missing. Just a few minutes ago he opened up to me that the father made "some calls" on his behalf prior to this time.

For your information, we are of the same age bracket, applied for same position, from the same State. So what criteria could have been used to disqualify someone with Msc and Bsc (2.1) and someone with a 3rd Class was selected.

Holding other factors constant, I am so happy for him and I am so expectant that mine is coming. But this has kept me in an awe position, as the whole scenario depicts lack of correlation between merit and success in this entity called Nigeria.

WHAT A COUNTRY? So help us God!

You are still in Nigeria.
Quota system even inside the states and in lgas.

Buhari won presidential election above the most qualified Nigerian PhD holders in Law, Political Science, Natural Sciences.

Buhari's victory could not have been possible in any other country - except Nigeria.

Nigeria is merely a country milling round and about, as politicians share more of oil revenues among themselves, send their kids abroad but wait in Nigeria for the D-day.

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 18, 2017
AngelicBeing:
You are right, Nigeria is a zoo, a failed state with useless, inept & wicked leaders, anybody that still believe in been patriotic in Nigeria should have his/her head examined, l long gave up on Nigeria, it is better to be a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th class citizen in a sane country where everyone has the opportunity to become whatever they want to be than to be in a cursed country called Nigeria, that was why l left the country years ago and l never regretted,nonsense , useless country, with useless leaders feeding fat daily while the masses are dying & suffering sad angry

It is your adopted country that is useless, your adopted country will never be up to Nigeria, cursed be that land where you call home.

3 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 8:56am On Mar 18, 2017
tobiasbeecher:

He didn't make it look like anything, he only said that his friend told him his father made some moves for him. I don't know why you people always distort what somebody said just to suit your narrative. By the way, there should be a lot of fuss about first class because it's not easy to earn. If I see anybody that made first class, I'm always in awe of them because I know it takes hardwork, sacrifice to make that grade. It's not for lazy people. And yes, the OP has all the reason to be disappointed because civil service recruitment is guided by merit as enshrined in the civil service rule,hence he should have been considered ahead of anybody that has a lower grade who also applied for the same position if they are using merit as a yardstick. Instead of you and some other people with the same mentality like you to diss the OP, you should channel your criticism to the FCSC who has thrown out meritocracy and elevatated mediocrity!

e be like say this one no dey for naija.....oga i no get time for this ranting,today na saturday.....

and i repeat theres no fuss about first class......
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Harinholar(f): 8:57am On Mar 18, 2017
When a First class grade holder cannot even express his or herself well..... They read to pass in school not as if dey are are naturally loaded...My dear grace speaks anywhere in life if u have it..grades aside first class it's never a disease....get connected with what u have and u wll be deir soon.... am happy for your friend
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Mouthgag: 9:00am On Mar 18, 2017
adanny01:

It will b foolish to pick Lamborghini when you cant carry your entire family or cant travel out to your village. Or maybe you cant even afford to maintain the 'useless machine'.
It'll be very good if you think out of the box and use your brain very well. If you pick a lambogini, you can even sell it to by like 5 suv if space is what you need. Average lambo could buy 20 camry... Use your brain

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by KingLaka: 9:02am On Mar 18, 2017
[quote author=deanoffaculty post=54686988]I don't understand......Are you guyz now saying those who graduated with first class should be preffered over third class? Haba!! Where una wan make 2nd class and 3rd class people go? Everyone cannot be as bright as those who are graduated with 1st class. Abi 3rd class no be result?
Employment is not only meant for 1st class graduates, it is for everybody.
THIS IS NIGERIA!!![/quote

If you were in a race with a group of persons and you finish first but they give the prize to another person that finished a distant 10th, how would you feel? will you also say the same thing you just said now?
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by LockDown69(m): 9:02am On Mar 18, 2017
fav444:
My brother, I feel ur pain. But remember that we are not one and may not be in the nearest future. We all are in one way or the other divided along political, tribal, social status and class, religious, cultural and regional lines.

To my fellow citizens,
If you are a son of just an average man or worst still a poor man and u are busy preaching, believing or fighting over "one Nigeria", My dear wake up cos you are only dreaming.

One Nigeria is only being practised among politicians and rich class irrespective of their tribes, religion or geopolitical zone. They share their juicy jobs and appointments among themselves but some very poor people will be here fighting each other over them.
Thank you! This should be a NOTE to all NLs
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by lekejoe: 9:03am On Mar 18, 2017
what makes think you will do better on the job than 3rd class candidate? I know a lot of my mate that had better results but it was gotten honorably . lots of 2.1 and 1st class can no even defend their results. but like I said 2.1 I not sure yardstick that you will do better on the job. The job is a different ball game.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Jman06(m): 9:05am On Mar 18, 2017
This is why Nigeria will never progress. We keep making type 1 error in employment into various government agencies and parastatals resulting to lack of productivity.

And some foolss will still believe that Buhari is fighting corruption.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by able20(m): 9:05am On Mar 18, 2017
islandmoon:
MSC , 1st class, or the so called 2.1 is not a green card to success, not even the job you are looking for , be intelligent , be smart, if you are intelligent as you said, how come you are still looking for a job, cook up something and be creative be like Seun osewa , Bill Gate or Mark of Facebook, the fact that you know how to read hand out to pass exam, submitted your assignment / continuous assessment to pass in school doesnt mean you are better than your friend, most guys you see with the so called 3rd Class doesnt even attend classes or submitting assignments, I know guys who club , Dance, chase babes, play football and still make 2.1, please wake up and help yourself
Positive words of encouragement that can make the OP shift his focus. Afterall, PMB. struggled for 20years without certificate, today he C-in C.

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by azelab: 9:06am On Mar 18, 2017
Mighty God will provide you a nice job, you see; for you to attend institution and being able to finish with 2:1 and still having M.Sc certificate, you have done marvelously. You have spoken the truth, it is only in that country they will give a job that belongs to a graduate to a vulcanizer. then what do we expect to be the expectation of our incoming generation? if the country is going in this path based on politics and corruption, we need revolution. the imam, the pastor are all corrupt then we expect God to answering our prayer, how possible ! lets all sanction corruption at all level then the country would be like Singapore. I didnt go against third class geting a nice job if it is based on merit.

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by vislabraye(m): 9:09am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:
I woke up this morning with the news that FCSC has shortlisted lists of successful candidates in the ongoing recruitment exercise by the Commission in various Federal Ministries.

Succinctly, I have a friend who studied Business Administration with 3rd Class, while I have Msc and Bsc (2.1) all in Economics. Both of us applied for the same position (SGL 09) in the Ministry of Trade & Investment. Perhaps, to my greatest perplexity, this guy's name was shortlisted while mine was conspicuously missing. Just a few minutes ago he opened up to me that the father made "some calls" on his behalf prior to this time.

For your information, we are of the same age bracket, applied for same position, from the same State. So what criteria could have been used to disqualify someone with Msc and Bsc (2.1) and someone with a 3rd Class was selected.

Holding other factors constant, I am so happy for him and I am so expectant that mine is coming. But this has kept me in an awe position, as the whole scenario depicts lack of correlation between merit and success in this entity called Nigeria.

Thank God for your friend. 2:1 is good but does it mean every 2,1 graduate is necessarily better than everyone else ? Some people buy grades, you know! I've also seen a situation where a 3rd class graduate performed better than 2,2 and 2,1 in aptitude test.
However, having a 2: 1 is better cos you have a lot of advantage. Try oil company, KPMG or any multi nationals.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by tall2ce(m): 9:09am On Mar 18, 2017
kunene2:
Thanks to almighty God for success
View details below
you cant win such amount and be using carpet in your house. bloody scammer
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 18, 2017
tobiasbeecher:

Mr man stop consoling yourself, it is not a shame you come out with a lower grade but don't use it to abuse people who come out with a better grade. Why are you always seeing only those that cannot speak good English? grin grin grin Abeg we are tired of the overused cliche that a third class holder is better than a first call holder blah blah blah.
I graduated with 2.1. I almost have my ICAN. The truth hurts tho.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 18, 2017
cooldood:

Biggest fraud!this is the type of mentality that I pity 9ja for.if you can't pass exams in school to finish with an average grade,it doesn't mean you won't succeed in life,it just means you will not and shouldn't be qualified for some roles,simple.
Help me tell them to stop wailing!
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by AngelicBeing: 9:15am On Mar 18, 2017
[s]
Pidgin2:

It is your adopted country that is useless, your adopted country will never be up to Nigeria, cursed be that land where you call home.
[/s] He pain am, buzz off, depressed, lonely, suicidal woman, that is why you are hated in the travel section of Nairaland because of your mental illness & myopic views, you are cursed already and the curse follows you everywhere that is why you are depressed, ever since they deported you back to Nigeria according to you, you have been living in depression, nonsense,oya olokpa flog sense into this mentally disturbed depressed girl, my last reply to you angry

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by pokipoki: 9:17am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:

Hahahaha. Now you know why "brain drain" is so prevalent in Nigeria. The country never uses the best brains to solve it's domestic problems. A country where electrical engineers rely on electricians to solve domestics lightning problems, where civil engineers don't have a clue about road designs and construction. The list is endless. No country can make progress on mediocrity.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by olalekan1(m): 9:17am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:

Send to Buhari on his Twitter handle @Mbuhari
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by qleap2all(m): 9:17am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:

He is lying, his father did not initiate any call
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 18, 2017
cooldood:

Tell them bro.
If Yankee or Canada be like the zoo called 9ja,how will foreigners find jobs since they no nobody.no wonder they are advancing and discussing flying cars,building homes with roofs that automatically have solar panels,9ja is still fighting over Customs CG uniform.yeye..

See reasoning, are foreigners not running their businesses here, don't they work here? Nigeria is not a zoo and if you mention that once again, you will be reported.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by cryingp: 9:20am On Mar 18, 2017
pls go and complain to mr president,both first class and third class are all Degree.So calm down u will get a better offer.

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by DEADALIVE: 9:22am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:

The truth is my bro I feel your pain...there are so many criteria in getting a job but in reality the 3rd class possess other qualities relevant to the job and also he could manage the salary that will be given to him...while u with numerous certificate will find it difficult to get the appointment because of ego and self esteem... my 2 kobo advise is please go into business and consultancy since u are a master in that field. Hopefully God bless your hustle.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Jman06(m): 9:24am On Mar 18, 2017
Pidgin2:

Why are you so pained? the guy simply stated the fact!
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by otokx(m): 9:24am On Mar 18, 2017
Interesting responses.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 18, 2017
AngelicBeing:
[s][/s] He pain am, buzz off, depressed, lonely, suicidal woman, that is why you are hated in the travel section of Nairaland because of your mental illness & myopic views, ever since they deported you back to Nigeria according to you, you have been living in depression, nonsense,oya olokpa flog sense into this mentally disturbed depressed girl, my last reply to you angry

It is you who is suffering from chronic depression. You claim to be living well abroad yet your favorite pass time is to insult Nigeria at every given opportunity. Who is suicidal between me and you? You who lives as an illegal immigrant abroad or me who lives as a freeborn citizen in my motherland.

You will keep hiding from the police for the rest of your life if you continue this way, buzz off and go learn a skill so that they may consider you for manual labor in that god forsaken land you call home.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Laredojohn(m): 9:27am On Mar 18, 2017
It a sad occurrence for you, but the civil service in general( state or federal) is the only employer of labor that employs third class or even pass, without any additional professional qualification, they employ basically on who u know, only a very few get there on merit, those with third class who can't compete with other private sector jobs because of their grades and have the right links have only the civil service to fight for...so ur friend getting the job is likely his closest hope aside his parents having a company, so bro..apply to private sector firms if you do not get the fcsc job. All d best
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by AngelicBeing: 9:27am On Mar 18, 2017
Jman06:
Hahaha, you people dont know her, she is like that, go through her post, she has been bashed several times in travel section of Nairaland, she is frustrated, depressed, lonely & bitter wink
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 18, 2017
Jman06:

Which fact? His adopted country is a cursed land not Nigeria, there is no truth in calling any country a zoo or a useless country, take note.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by jazzyjazz: 9:28am On Mar 18, 2017
In my opinion you have reached a conclusion way too early!
It was clearly stated that the list that was released yesterday was batch A and that batch B will be released soon.

If batch B list was released and your name was still not found, then this write up would have been spot on

neoclassical:

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by UcheDA(f): 9:28am On Mar 18, 2017
stevealibi:

Sharrap and stop makin noise with ur 1st class, if ur so gud as indicated by ur cert' y nt use ur brains to achieve sumtin or a unique skill and stop blamin govt jor' govt cannot provide jobs 4 everyone ok

It is a pity that some people do not understand the point of discussion and you are one of them. We are discussing the ill practices in the country and you are busy going off point. Who told you am making mouth with first class or not. I know very smart people of differnt classes. You don't even know me, my skills, name, or what am into. So what does what you said now have to do with the fact that the system is corrupted and people like you are supporting it. I have handled recruitment processes in some organizations I have work with and I know that other things are considered in addition with grades too. That is why other methods like aptitude test etc are involved. But the FCSC cannot boast of going through these processes. Or did they give the 1st class, 2.1, 2.2, 3rd and pass candidate any chance to proof themselves?? NO!!! They didn't. If they did anybody can bypass others even 1st class or 2.1 candidates by doing well in other areas.

Neoclassical and I are not saying that others shouldn't be recruited. Off course not. But due processes should be followed and ill practices must be stopped. The truth remains there is an error and no matter how we try to close our eyes, one day it will affect you directly or indirectly. So Stevealibi what then is your case if I have what you wrote above?? (which is not even the point of discussion).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

NECO Coordination Starts In August 2016. Earn Up To N15,000 - Mpyaw / 2017 Recruitment Of Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) / For Those That Applied For The Just Concluded FCSC Recruitment Execirse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.