Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) (59992 Views)

Airtel Nigeria Early Career Recruitment Program 2019 - HND/Bsc 2.2/Lower Crd. / FCSC Recruitment: Successful Candidates Shortlisted For Interview Meet Here / FCSC 2016 Recruitment: FCSC Releases Batch A List For Interview! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Lushka(m): 10:10am On Mar 18, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

God will take care of you.

If you don't have a job, apply for private jobs because govt Jobs in Nigeria is like trekking to America with one leg!!
LORRH. YOU ARE REALLY FUNNY.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by 1metre: 10:12am On Mar 18, 2017
highrise07:
na u go lead. nigga forget youths here can't start any revolution.
grin So u don dey fear already
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Guyman02: 10:13am On Mar 18, 2017
hardbody:

I have an explanation sir. You are over qualified and they believe you may be poached by the more organised and better paying organised private sector.

Otherwise why?

You are very very wrong sir, I work for a ministry and the bosses actually want you to leave so that they can replace you with their relatives.

They don't give a damn about a junior officer qualifications
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by karllyG(m): 10:17am On Mar 18, 2017
So u shud be given automatic employment cos u have first class degree.Don't be surprise 3rd class degree holders can still perform beta than those wit first class @ job interviews.

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by patrickmuf(m): 10:18am On Mar 18, 2017
OP you sound like it's not possible for a 3rd class graduate to best a first class or 2.1 graduate, with adequate preparation and presentation, a 3rd class graduate can be selected ahead of a first class graduate, remember, certificate isn't a true test of knowledge...

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by AngelicBeing: 10:24am On Mar 18, 2017
Jman06:
Those calling nigeria a zoo are even being polite because in many zoos there's usually some level of orderliness. I think the word " Jungle" will be more apt
Well said cool

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Basic123: 10:25am On Mar 18, 2017
Nothing has changed in this country.We were all scammed by the APC.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by AngelicBeing: 10:25am On Mar 18, 2017
[s]
Pidgin2:

You are frustrated and will always be looking for a justifiable reason to make yourself happy haven migrated abroad as an illegal immigrant.

Nigeria is not and will never be a useless or cursed country, your life as an illegal immigrant abroad is just the beginning of your frustration on earth
[/s] Daughter of perdition angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by jimb(m): 10:29am On Mar 18, 2017
saipn:
listen I was referring to the way some people see it here as a taboo for 3rd class to get a job in Nigerian besides I have seen where some them performed excellently well than 2.1 and second degree holders..nevertheless federal govt recruitment are mostly base on connection....

well said.. am a witness.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 18, 2017
tobiasbeecher:

You graduated with a 2.1? That means you can't speak good English and I'm sure you didn't merit it. That's the truth.
Sir Merit. Come and collect my certificate if that will help you breath easy.
Certificate isn't knowledge..
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Great504: 10:36am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:
I woke up this morning with the news that FCSC has shortlisted lists of successful candidates in the ongoing recruitment exercise by the Commission in various Federal Ministries.

Succinctly, I have a friend who studied Business Administration with 3rd Class, while I have Msc and Bsc (2.1) all in Economics. Both of us applied for the same position (SGL 09) in the Ministry of Trade & Investment. Perhaps, to my greatest perplexity, this guy's name was shortlisted while mine was conspicuously missing. Just a few minutes ago he opened up to me that the father made "some calls" on his behalf prior to this time.

For your information, we are of the same age bracket, applied for same position, from the same State. So what criteria could have been used to disqualify someone with Msc and Bsc (2.1) and someone with a 3rd Class was selected.

Holding other factors constant, I am so happy for him and I am so expectant that mine is coming. But this has kept me in an awe position, as the whole scenario depicts lack of correlation between merit and success in this entity called Nigeria.

WHAT A COUNTRY? So help us God!

why are u talking like this, especially like u are a foreigner? In Nigeria, it has always been man know man.

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by HENRY940: 10:37am On Mar 18, 2017

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by impeccable0(m): 10:42am On Mar 18, 2017
Pls man has Canada started their visa lottery
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by adanny01(m): 10:42am On Mar 18, 2017
Mouthgag:

It'll be very good if you think out of the box and use your brain very well. If you pick a lambogini, you can even sell it to by like 5 suv if space is what you need. Average lambo could buy 20 camry... Use your broain

Use ur brain, can you sell first class. Have you forgotten its an analogy.

In a normal society, first class are mainly research oriented.

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by dollarlander: 10:43am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:
I woke up this morning with the news that FCSC has shortlisted lists of successful candidates in the ongoing recruitment exercise by the Commission in various Federal Ministries.

Succinctly, I have a friend who studied Business Administration with 3rd Class, while I have Msc and Bsc (2.1) all in Economics. Both of us applied for the same position (SGL 09) in the Ministry of Trade & Investment. Perhaps, to my greatest perplexity, this guy's name was shortlisted while mine was conspicuously missing. Just a few minutes ago he opened up to me that the father made "some calls" on his behalf prior to this time.

For your information, we are of the same age bracket, applied for same position, from the same State. So what criteria could have been used to disqualify someone with Msc and Bsc (2.1) and someone with a 3rd Class was selected.

Holding other factors constant, I am so happy for him and I am so expectant that mine is coming. But this has kept me in an awe position, as the whole scenario depicts lack of correlation between merit and success in this entity called Nigeria.

My brother, this is the greatest opportunity before you.

See, they don't need that your super brilliant qualifications in that ministry, you are too much above that level. Third class and pass are okay for them to get their jobs done.

What you need now is to draw up a plan, business ideas with all those degrees and use that your 3rd class friend and his father's connection to make it in life.

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Ugosample(m): 10:50am On Mar 18, 2017
fav444:
My brother, I feel ur pain. But remember that we are not one and may not be in the nearest future. We all are in one way or the other divided along political, tribal, social status and class, religious, cultural and regional lines.

To my fellow citizens,
If you are a son of just an average man or worst still a poor man and u are busy preaching, believing or fighting over "one Nigeria", My dear wake up cos you are only dreaming.

One Nigeria is only being practised among politicians and rich class irrespective of their tribes, religion or geopolitical zone. They share their juicy jobs and appointments among themselves but some very poor people will be here fighting each other over them.

So one Nigeria is not practiced by the others?

Does splitting the country all of a sudden make people stop nepotism

Apart from that talk about Nigeria, you have a good point.
Nepotism will not be solved by splitting the country, becauae nepotism is practiced up to state level, and sometimes even local govt

@OP
sorry about that, that is life.
Just keep trying and keep pushing
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by mrgreen4real(m): 10:54am On Mar 18, 2017
Egbon! carry your 1st class and 2:1 go enter classroom joor.

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by NoToPile: 10:56am On Mar 18, 2017
FCSC.

I participated in the 2013 recruitment, till today we didn't hear anything , in fact I gave up when my friend told me that her friend was in her house and someone came to visit them(I guess a prominent person) and he asked if she had not gotten a job, there and then he asked about her docs any way the long and short of the story is that her appointment letter was brought to her house. Her house ooo, she started the job ooo even before we that applied online of line etc.

Federal jobs are majorly by connection if you don't have human connection you got to have divine connection.

As most of us don't have senator or God father , we look unto God , all things are possible .

By the way the grade one graduated with doesn't matter at all.

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 18, 2017
1metre:
grin So u don dey fear already
guy we are all afraid , if u are not kick start it tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by DriveByKiller: 11:01am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:

If there's any country that shouldn't employ on certificate, then it should be Nigeria.

I don't know if there was an oral or written interview for the position you applied for, but if there was, it should weigh heavily into consideration of employment.

Your 2.1 and MSc doesn't mean anything in Nigeria; anyone with cash could get a Bsc certificate with good grades. Only in Nigeria do we have so much emphasis on certificate. And we know how corrupt our education system is.

If I were an employer, I will treat anyone with 2.1, 2.2 or 3rd class equally and all should sit for interviews and screening.

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by tiwasiaife(m): 11:02am On Mar 18, 2017
op are u sure ur 2.1 is not thru runz and sorting while the 3rd class guy wrote from his head. shouting m.sc . ur m.sc might be ponzy one. Don't be jealous pray and ask God to favour you. the advert didn't say people with 3rd class shld not apply.

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by oruma19: 11:02am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:

your friend is a fool for telling u the truth about his recruitment. I can confirm that he is way better than you. U r a bad and jealous friend. If u were a good person, u would have sought for assistance from his father instead of trying to bring him down. That boy has a good heart but he should realise u are an enemy to him and not a friend . Idiot jealous goat. Who says ur fada should not have connection? I swear u r rily a bad friend and can assure u that ur masters degree will not take u any where. Fool. ( U even pretend that u r happy for him and yet came to nairaland to expose him) Let the nairaland pple u r complaining to give u d help that u seek. U are a typical example of " knowing book without having sense" I pray u receive sense. I hope ur so called friend is reading what u wrote on nairaland so he will knw he has u as an enemy and not a friend. People should not get me wrong on this, I am not in support of lobbying at all, what I am against is ur attitude of trying to disgrace and bring down a supposed friend who told u the truth about his recruitment. Shame will envelope u the OP if u don't repent and love ur friends and their progress.

5 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by kaja4real: 11:03am On Mar 18, 2017
AZeD1:
OP
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/ey-firm-says-it-will-not-longer-consider-degrees-or-a-level-results-when-assessing-employees-10436355.html%3Famp

That is for you. In all the places I have worked and interviews i have done both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria, no one has ever asked about my grade. I have interviewed people and i don't care about their grades but how smart they are.

Also you need to know that who you know is very important in every country on this earth. You have a higher chance of getting a job at NASA, Google, Facebook if you know someone working there than just posting your CV.

To those still in school, there are two parts to schooling
1) Getting an education
2) Networking.

Do not forsake either of them as they are both very important.

All the best in your search OP.
uncle hv u worked wit Potus before, where you mentioned SMARTNESS. bcs i so much like that word
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by ican2020: 11:05am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:

Congregation that they rejected u.
Go to business or agric section of nairaland, go through some post and put on your IQ cap.
Work for yourself and that your guy will beg you for help few years from now.
Mark my word...

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by piagetskinner(m): 11:08am On Mar 18, 2017
what a shame....even for employment, due process is not followed... how do u expect those who got those jobs on a platter, to take it seriously.?,,...

just adding unproductive human beings to the workforce
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by sweetchii: 11:09am On Mar 18, 2017
Bobbyunitedfc:
you are not happy for him,u sound too bitter which i understand,u made it look like its the guys fault the dad made some calls on his behalf,i wonder how ur friend is going to feel when he sees this your writeup......

am very sure some peeps got shortlisted without knowing anyone....thats grace maybe thats what u should pray for not trying to bring the guy down for wetin no be him wahala.....

and whats the fuss about first class sef.......?
My dear I have been reading comments about this thread and u re one of those who just nailed it with ur comment.I am a daughter of nobody but d Almighty God yet I saw my name.It is nothing but grace.

3 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 18, 2017
UcheDA:

What is your reasons that he wouldn't. Were they given equal opportunity to test themselves.
Don't be surprised if given equal opportunity the 3rd class guy would perform better than him with 2.1..

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by sufillah(f): 11:17am On Mar 18, 2017
saipn:
I don't understand something here are you saying a third class shouldn't have a chance at all in Nigerian? or third class should totally condemned out of any recruitment in Nigeria? pls elucidate more...
I beg ask them ooo

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by sufillah(f): 11:20am On Mar 18, 2017
I am a 3rd class graduate plus pgde. No connection no bribe and I was shortlisted
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 18, 2017
oruma19:
your friend is a fool for telling u the truth about his recruitment. I can confirm that he is way better than you. U r a bad and jealous friend. If u were a good person, u would have sought for assistance from his father instead of trying to bring him down. That boy has a good heart but he should realise u are an enemy to him and not a friend . Idiot jealous goat. Who says ur fada should not have connection? I swear u r rily a bad friend and can assure u that ur masters degree will not take u any where. Fool. ( U even pretend that u r happy for him and yet came to nairaland to expose him) Let the nairaland pple u r complaining to give u d help that u seek. U are a typical example of " knowing book without having sense" I pray u receive sense. I hope ur so called friend is reading what u wrote on nairaland so he will knw he has u as an enemy and not a friend. People should not get me wrong on this, I am not in support of lobbying at all, what I am against is ur attitude of trying to disgrace and bring down a supposed friend who told u the truth about his recruitment. Shame will envelope u the OP if u don't repent and love ur friends and their progress.
This is the best comment so far.. Leave the OP he claims he has 2.1 and masters but lacks common brain... He is such a waste and embarrassment..

5 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 18, 2017
sufillah:
I am a 3rd class graduate plus pgde. No connection no bribe and I was shortlisted
Nice, they just feel 3rd class peeps don't deserve anything good in life.. Congratulations dear

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by sufillah(f): 11:30am On Mar 18, 2017
Mrokaykay:

Nice, they just feel 3rd peeps don't deserve anything good in life.. Congratulations dear
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

NECO Coordination Starts In August 2016. Earn Up To N15,000 - Mpyaw / For Those That Applied For The Just Concluded FCSC Recruitment Execirse. / Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.