Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... (73203 Views)

Time To Divorce My Wife? / My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice / Man Fakes His Career For 14 Years To Wife, Goes To Another Woman's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nweike1: 4:58pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

She isn't cheating on me and my marriage will not break IJN
AMEN, my brother. But, speaking from experience, the guy telling you this has a point. Shortly after my marriage in 2012, I was giving my 'wife' 10k a week just for her expenses. My mum warned me against this but I refused. I lost my job later and couldn't continue giving her that, and she started misbehaving.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by CoolAmbience(m): 4:59pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

Lol.

Shey you carry your family matter come nairaland.

Ok o, just dey ready, more advice and views dey on their way.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by CoolVoice(m): 4:59pm On Mar 24, 2017
HARDDON:
Ehmmmm op, how did u arrive @ that 17.2%?

Any mathematical formular applied? cheesy

Pays the wife about 30k per month..

Advice to the man.

Give her a treat.. sit her down and ask why she acted like that...

If you decide to stop the stipends man you just want to start unnecessary war.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
sasko:

In a nutshell. ...

From dating till marriage

Your union was founded on materialism and deception which must be sustained

the moment you renege from your initial agreement which is the basics and foundation of your marriage...hehehehe

as a student she has got flexible times to spend with highest bidders
lol
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by obowunmi(m): 5:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
Sounds like you are paying a prostitute for her services.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by CoolAmbience(m): 5:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
Pieromania:
I am nt wishing u breakup bro,just telling u that failure to resolve this her insatiable thirst wil definitely lead to the marriage crashing,i knw what i am saying.U aren't earning that much and yet ur wife cannot be satisfied with the little u have,mehn,u need serious prayerv and counselling.u may think am spewing threats or trash,bt i am a man speaking with experience.

Na as e be na 'im you talk.

Disaster always trails discontentment.

People must learn to be contented with what they have, as there are many out there who have far less that are doing better.

It comes down to self discipline.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by habsydiamond(m): 5:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
This one na apoti ko aje je oooo. Wetin she dey use money do sef. Only God knows
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by tosyne2much(m): 5:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
Where are the feminists of Nairaland nah?
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by alhajisindodo(m): 5:09pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

30,100 / 175,000 x 100% = 17.2%
I add 2.5% increment to my wifes salary every Dec
you must be a math teacher somewhere, abeg which school them dey pay you 175 make I apply ?
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by dakuizi(m): 5:15pm On Mar 24, 2017
What the big deal?are you not a man?let it go,her action did not worth any harsh reaction from you since she is not cheating on you

I also remember when my brother ask me the amount of my school handout I inflated it from #500 to #1000.
Secondly,you forgot to include one of her duty which is....
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Neldrizzy(m): 5:16pm On Mar 24, 2017
Op your wife na financial woman be that oo, be that oh, eh eh, iworiwo... #singing phyno ft p²
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by stubornnn: 5:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:
I think I made a mistake getting married to someone who is still schooling, I should have married a working class lady

The best line of action is to report her to her family members
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Tex42(m): 5:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
HARDDON:
Ehmmmm op, how did u arrive @ that 17.2%?
Any mathematical formular applied? cheesy
dy/dx...
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by stubornnn: 5:19pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:
Dear reasonable people on Nairaland, please I need your advise

My wife whom I love so much and also loves me too is entitled to 17.2% of my monthly income, my salary is 175kpm and she take 17.2% of this amount, yet she feels very uncomfortable with it

I pay the bills, buy food stuff every month and take care of our little baby girl

My baby girl does not take any local food, she takes only fresogold, tea and pap, the cost of fresogold is very high and she can consume 4tins in a month

My wife isn't not working yet she is still schooling and I pay all her fees,

I've never complaint of my duty as the head of the family yet she still feels unsatisfied with the 17.2% I give to her

Her primary duty in the house is to take care of our baby and prepare my dinner every week days and both break fast and dinner during the weekend

Recently I told her to take our baby to the hospital for treatment, our total bill was 11,500 naira but my wife suprisinly told me that the hospital bill is 22,700 naira which I immediately wired to her account

So I called the hospital to make inquiries about the exorbitant bill then I got to know that my wife inflated the hospital bill to 22,700 naira

I confronted her and she spoke to me very rudly I was not happy about this, I kept quite and didn't say anything about it again

I am thinking I should penalize her for her rude behaviour and the dishonesty she has melted on me

Will it be advisable not to pay her her monthly salary for two months ?

Will this correct her brain to default and what would possibly be the implication of doing this ?

She has not apologised and she has not seen anything wrong so far in what she has done

The best line of action is to report her to her family members
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by dominique(f): 5:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
Eketem:
Anytime you want to discover hypocrisy of women just bring money issue. Then equality flies out of the window, decency and honesty we demand from men disappears.

Ha, fear God biko Nairaland women.
Stealing is stealing lying is lying no justification or excuse abeg.

Oga I suggest you deduct the exact amount from her next allowance let her understand actions have consequences and stealing is not tolerated in your home.

If she has friends like some women here advising her that stealing from the family purse is normal let her learn it isn't in your own home

+1000 likes. Imagine grown-ass women applauding and justifying lying and deceit. So disappointing to say the least. Good advise too, op should take to it except he's scared of his wife.

4 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by AnyiBest247(m): 5:24pm On Mar 24, 2017
First, make her happy. Take her out ( things you both usually do before you married her) then talk senses into her.

The truth is that most women do that, especially when u marry an Igbo lady because they still want to support their family (siblings) even when they are not working.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Schwartz: 5:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:
I think I made a mistake getting married to someone who is still schooling, I should have married a working class lady
So just because of some negative comments you got here you're beginning to think you made a mistake in marrying your wife? Uh?! angry Why would you even come to nairaland to seek advice in your marriage? Those commenting here, you think theirs is perfect abi? Many are little kids here and you have read comments from all sorts and you started regreting. Will your wife remain a student forever? Do you know what tomorrow holds? What if she becomes the bread winner one day?
Mr. Man sit your wife down and talk to her. Tell her your feelings. Communicate and resolve things amicably.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by 360command: 5:26pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

My marriage will not crash IJN, I repeat that you bro
you are on a long thing amigo. no bring your matter for nairaland. it seems na you be the woman for your marriage home.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Dyt(f): 5:26pm On Mar 24, 2017
kaima1984:
I have not heard of d adage bc am an IGBO,meanwhile rob peter t pay Paul is same,adding bill unto bill is rubbish,always specify wat u do with money and stop making things hard for urself

Madam good wife
You don't have to be mad over my matter
Stop taking it personal ehn
The owner never complained
Wetin come be your stress
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Dyt(f): 5:27pm On Mar 24, 2017
correctguy0900:

Lol. No judging here. Because u already did by stealing from ur partner. All u broke women should go and work to earn ur respect. There can never be equality where there is no reciprocity. Gender equality no be for mouth. Respect is earned not taken

Don't cry sir
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Origin(f): 5:27pm On Mar 24, 2017
That 1st comment though Please don't follow it.

Your wife loves you cares for you etc. A woman has some behaviour, we don't call it lying we don't call it stealing we call it an advance .

Most women does this and of course we don't like to get caught. (reason for the rudeness). I beg forgive and forget.

In an American film a wife saved her husband by giving him money she had kept (stolen) from him. Women help you keep money for a rainy day.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by neighy(m): 5:28pm On Mar 24, 2017
zaynie:
I add money all the time.
And I work. And earn just right.
In fact anytime I am pregnant is a money making period for me. I once chopped my antenatal money and didn't register for my second pregnancy on time, my husband had to follow me to the hospital like an errant child to pay by himself. When my kids are about to start eating solid food, haaaaa small small money most pop in.
Even to buy drugs, I add money and dispose receipts. The day my husband found out our brand of cough syrup isn't up to 1000, he came home and started hailing me.

Bro, you need to lighten up.
I bet you were so high strung when you called her. Feeling so righteously angry and judgy.
And you sound so uptight too. You calculate her allowance in %, you call the hospital to confirm the bill, you want to slash her allowance because she was rude. You are her husband and not her father or her boss.
Relax!!
Does she spend anyhow? She probably is keeping all these money somewhere to start a business or do her own thing.
probably keeping tthe money somewhere If not that u r a mother i would have flogged you
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by charleff512(m): 5:28pm On Mar 24, 2017
OP resolve your issues in amicable manner.Tell her your expectations from her and carry her along in all you do.
Earn her respect don't buy .Above all don't listen to advice of boys who cannot keep one girl for a month.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by charleff512(m): 5:30pm On Mar 24, 2017
Schwartz:

So just because of some negative comments you got here you're beginning to think you made a mistake in marrying your wife? Uh?! angry Why would you even come to nairaland to seek advice in your marriage? Those commenting here, you think theirs is perfect abi? Many are little kids here and you have read comments from all sorts and you started regreting. Will your wife remain a student forever? Do you know what tomorrow holds? What if she becomes the bread winner one day?
Mr. Man sit your wife down and talk to her. Tell her your feelings. Communicate and resolve things amicably.
God bless you Sir!
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

My wife whom I love so much and also loves me too is entitled to 17.2% of my monthly income, my salary is 175kpm and she take 17.2% of this amount, yet she feels very uncomfortable with it

I pay the bills, buy food stuff every month and take care of our little baby girl

My baby girl does not take any local food, she takes only fresogold, tea and pap, the cost of fresogold is very high and she can consume 4tins in a month

I've never complaint of my duty as the head of the family yet she still feels unsatisfied with the 17.2% I give to her

Her primary duty in the house is to take care of our baby and prepare my dinner every week days and both break fast and dinner during the weekend

Recently I told her to take our baby to the hospital for treatment, our total bill was 11,500 naira but my wife suprisinly told me that the hospital bill is 22,700 naira which I immediately wired to her account

So I called the hospital to make inquiries about the exorbitant bill then I got to know that my wife inflated the hospital bill to 22,700 naira

I confronted her and she spoke to me very rudly I was not happy about this, I kept quite and didn't say anything about it again

I am thinking I should penalize her for her rude behaviour and the dishonesty she has melted on me

Will this correct her brain to default and what would possibly be the implication of doing this ?

She has not apologised and she has not seen anything wrong so far in what she has done

Get her a part time job but before then deduct the fraction she cheated you with plus 5% VAT from her and use it for either of these.
Buy more food for baby or give it to charity.Stand your ground cos if you forgo it , next time it will be hundreds of thousand and perhaps millions of it continues unabated.
Discipline her, help her out in the chores and let her make her own money. She might have to work from home or just keep her busy and pay her something as salary
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by lereinter(m): 5:39pm On Mar 24, 2017
abeg what is 17.2% of 175kpm
how did u come to agree with such sharing formula is it a rule or what. what of if u dont give her in a month...
abeg na u sabi

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by HARDDON: 5:40pm On Mar 24, 2017
Tex42:
dy/dx...

Nah, this is dMan/dWife x Money

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by naughtyDiana: 5:40pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

hope u know the broke and unmarried guys here will try to make u look a fool for giving your WIFE a monthly allowance, pay no heed. what I do when someone offends me is too let it slide the first time, the second time tho, I let them know they've wronged me. just in case they did it the first time absentmindedly. k, thanks.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by bigtt76(f): 5:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
Nar money be dat? 17.2% out of 175k kwa! Haba. Girls de go school, girls need to baff up naaa, girls need to hail Uber Abeg... Try reason am with her joooooor grin
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by fof1: 5:45pm On Mar 24, 2017
kimbra:
Why are some of the guys on this thread making a mountain out of a molehill?.

Most men whose wives are stay at home mothers get monthly stipends which is for their upkeep. Some women inflate prices of things to their husbands as a means to add more money to their wallets, for some men they find out and don't care cos they understand the rationale behind it. As for her rude attitude it's bad and is what should bother you most. Not her inflation of hospital bills. Would you let N11,200 cost you your marriage?.

PLS NOTE THAT. ALL SICH ACTIONS IN D MATRIMONIAL HOME IS FALSEHOOD,INSINCERITY,LIES,DISHONESTY AND STEALING OR THEFT. ANY WIFE WHO DIES SUCH ACTS IS STEALING FROM D HUSBAND. ANY CHILD WHO DOES SUCH IS STEALING FROM D PARENTS. ALL HAVE CONSEQUENCE.HONESTY SHOULD BE D BEDROCK IN WHICH MARRIAGE SHOULD BE NURTURED.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:49pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

My brother, I understand your strong wish for your marriage to last. But this statement right here is the reason why your wife misbehaves.

There has to be things your wife will do and your marriage will break. There has to be some line.

Her actions should birth consequences. If there's no punishment for speaking to you rudely and inflating bills it's going to be open season on you.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by golddust6000(m): 5:52pm On Mar 24, 2017
NoToPile:

Lool Oga read my post again , I am neither in support or against OP placing his wife on allowance simply because the dynamics of different families are different.

I was only stating that it sounded more like an employee ,employer relationship when he mentioned the December bonus part, sounded funny to me since he decided to use that statement. Either way directly or indirectly a lot of women receive allowance from their hubby , except wives don't get money from the husband's again.

Well as for the disrespectful part, I don't support any one disrespecting anybody either wife or hubby.

Don't let women wahala tire you ooo, one can't do without them. cheesy
sorry my brother, the message wasnt for you

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Wife Storms Church, Scatters Husband's Wedding To Another Lady (Pictures) / He Is Your Son, But I Am Not Going For Any DNA Test. Wife Tells Husband(video) / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.