Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family (47810 Views)

Son Destroys Food Items In The Kitchen After Mum Refused His Request (Video) / Balenciaga, Panties&bra, Bride's Family Demands As Bride Price In Ebonyi State / Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by mccoy47(m): 4:25pm On Mar 20, 2017
And tomorrow the wife would scream gender equality! undecided

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by TundeHashim(m): 4:31pm On Mar 20, 2017
Bcbabe:
This can only happen across the Niger.

what you are seeing below is not market transaction but family business. Can you guess what is going on?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I dey pity the groom, thou e be mugu and all his family na mumu join.......dem no pity dem son ................ angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
na recession na...family gats chow
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by bigiyaro(m): 4:35pm On Mar 20, 2017
REIIGN:
This is exactly what Mbano people expect of my brother. Well, we're already planning a shock and awe campaign for em! cheesy
lol! wish I could be there to witness the action. please keep us posted
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:36pm On Mar 20, 2017
Bcbabe:
This can only happen across the Niger.

what you are seeing below is not market transaction but family business. Can you guess what is going on?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I dey pity the groom, thou e be mugu and all his family na mumu join.......dem no pity dem son ................ angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

The way you guys drink panadol for others......he is man enough for the occasion.

It is exactly the same items I bought when I marred my darling wife from MBA-ise

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by infobizman(m): 4:37pm On Mar 20, 2017
They don sell their daughter Already....... lolzzzz
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Kakamorufu(m): 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2017
Ya a very big dunce
INVESTORBNAIRA:
Igbo men are not complaining why are afonjas crying you left ur ugly afonjas sisters and crying over igbo bride price .igbo women are not cheap like afonja girls dat you give the parents 2 plates of amala and ewedu and she is urs for the night

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Usniya: 4:49pm On Mar 20, 2017
dis is wat is called trade by barter.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by sniper77(m): 4:52pm On Mar 20, 2017
2dream:

my broda believe it oo
especially frm eastern nigeria

Yeah requirements might be much in eastern nigeria like you said but not to this extent cos I have been working in the south east for years and attended several traditional weddings in the east. It's not this bad. I feel it is pure greed on the part of this family. Not all families in the east do this.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by ManTiger(m): 4:55pm On Mar 20, 2017
Lol... I can relate with this picture well well.

A lady from a particular tribe married from my tribe sometimes ago and her family insisted everything on the list must be completed to the last point. The guy tried to provide what he can and the lady also persuaded her people but they insisted!

On the introduction day, come and see yabbing sotey d guy say e no dey do anything again.

The introduction couldn't sail through and they came back with everything they went with. Its been almost 8yrs now, the bobo is happily married and the babe just dey.

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Ibyno(m): 4:56pm On Mar 20, 2017
facially, it seem too much, add all together, is not more than the price of an IPHONE 7, have seen a guy that gave her side chick a brand new car, so why make this a topic when u wanna make your wife family happy ?

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by multicolored(f): 4:58pm On Mar 20, 2017
Just this? This one small nah.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by kayalla(f): 5:00pm On Mar 20, 2017
Cutehector:
A sensible and ungreedy father won't demand all these...

wat if the husband to be is well enough and decides to give them all that? that wount be greedy
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by kayalla(f): 5:01pm On Mar 20, 2017
dacblogger:
this one can feed a whole village comfortably... IMO state I hail ooo grin

tank u ooo. grin
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by UTEWUOJO: 5:04pm On Mar 20, 2017
ToriBlue:
Its Igbo culture, if you don't want to marry, you use the door, no one is forcing you either.
To hell with that culture of yours.

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by kayalla(f): 5:05pm On Mar 20, 2017
Azil:
Hungry family!

Choose your bride carefully.

wat is hungry about the family? the family give Bride price list and the other family respond, its our culture, nobody de force man to come marry from Imo State o besides that no follow for the cash and party food sef.
if the guy get why he no go marry him wife well.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by janefrancisca(f): 5:05pm On Mar 20, 2017
blacktallest:

I am IBO biko and it is not my culture. Not everybody practices this nonsense. Nah IDP camp?
Madam impersonator, its IGBO and not IBO and secondly let me just assume you are an igbo person and have witnessed the bride price scenario, you should have known that most of those things especially the yams,palm oil,soaps,tin tomatoes etc are shared among the umu ndom (married women) in the community...dis is because in the Igbo tradition, it is believed that the family is not just the owner of a child, the community owns and trains the child too. Ndi amaala too are not left out to..So my dear, I will advise u to draw near to your roots before u turn to efulefu. Besides whatever happened to negotiation? the family doesn't expect the man to bring everything...he should negotiate, no b man im b?

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by emfaldo(m): 5:07pm On Mar 20, 2017
multicolored:
Just this? This one small nah.
small? seriously? pls madam are u married?
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by kayalla(f): 5:08pm On Mar 20, 2017
booqee:
that's an unfair and greedy aspect of the culture..

it is not unfair.
if the man cant afford all that is in the list it is amendable, but if he wants to fulfill the list then it is well welcomed sah!
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by kayalla(f): 5:09pm On Mar 20, 2017
sniper77:
I don't wanna believe these are requirements for a bride price. Na ID camp Dem wan feed.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by emfaldo(m): 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2017
kayalla:

wat is hungry about the family? the family give Bride price list and the other family respond, its our culture, nobody de force man to come marry from Imo State o besides that no follow for the cash and party food sef.
if the guy get why he no go marry him wife well.
looking at Ur pix sef , Ur husband should know his 4-5 month salary is going to d bride family as bride price
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Cutehector(m): 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2017
kayalla:

wat if the husband to be is well enough and decides to give them all that? that wount be greedy
he will only monetize it if the father didn't ask..
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by toprealman: 5:12pm On Mar 20, 2017
Cutehector:
A sensible and ungreedy father won't demand all these...
Not when you have shared in the proceeds of others.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Sezua(m): 5:17pm On Mar 20, 2017
refiner:

Onye ara grin
So, what is the last price?
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by LC14052016: 5:17pm On Mar 20, 2017
There is nothing new in this..
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Cutehector(m): 5:30pm On Mar 20, 2017
toprealman:
Not when you have shared in the proceeds of others.
wetin dis one dey yarn
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Cutehector(m): 5:31pm On Mar 20, 2017
maxysmith:
not his fault nah recession cause am grin grin grin ....he wan sell his daughter off patapata cry cry
fine woman smiley

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 20, 2017
UTEWUOJO:
To hell with that culture of yours.
It still will not change anything.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by virtuejoan(f): 5:44pm On Mar 20, 2017
refiner:
I can only allow my brother to get all these for his bride if she is an exact replica of virgin mary... angry
U high? if it is their tradition so ur brother will not marry again besides that is nothing compare to some states. u are a lady mind what u say
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by happyheart(f): 5:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
Seriously everything there will.not be more than if up to 100k. Wetin cause shout abeg. The yams will not be more than 25-30k. 2 bags of rice, 3 gallons of palm oil , the malt altogether will not be more than 10 k. Abeggi

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Esepayne(f): 5:46pm On Mar 20, 2017
God save my six brothers oh
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by kayalla(f): 6:09pm On Mar 20, 2017
emfaldo:

looking at Ur pix sef , Ur husband should know his 4-5 month salary is going to d bride family as bride price

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by bakila: 6:13pm On Mar 20, 2017
Behira:
And after that?
You fit collect pass the one. You too fine, all that thing no reach 385000. You fit collect more than that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How I Shared Father With My Mother – Woman / Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids / Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.