Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family (47812 Views)

Son Destroys Food Items In The Kitchen After Mum Refused His Request (Video) / Balenciaga, Panties&bra, Bride's Family Demands As Bride Price In Ebonyi State / Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by donbenie(m): 6:16pm On Mar 20, 2017
ToriBlue:
Its Igbo culture, if you don't want to marry, you use the door, no one is forcing you either.
Fallacy of hasty generalization..It's not Igbo culture,it's the culture of those from Mbaise and Mbano axis..
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Kaymaxine(m): 6:27pm On Mar 20, 2017
Jesos!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by AceDomino(m): 6:28pm On Mar 20, 2017
Na market Dem dey ooo
The guy come buy the girl ni now?
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by refiner(f): 6:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
virtuejoan:

U high? if it is their tradition so ur brother will not marry again besides that is nothing compare to some states. u are a lady mind what u say
Madam...where is ur sense of humour?
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Nickymezor(f): 6:59pm On Mar 20, 2017
Hmmm, bride price of life undecided shocked . This looks more lik extortion o.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 20, 2017
Are the people here not married, abi una never attend bride price ceremony before?
It's not bride's family taking those things, but the villagers (i.e) the women, men and the youth. Most parents don't even take their own part of the list and they try not to interfere in the villagers own to avoid trouble.

My husband's people actually gave us their own compulsory list too. 1 he goat, big basin full of akpu, kegs of palm wine, soup, yam... was inclusive. They left with it after dropping their own cheesy.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by LanrexBaba(m): 7:12pm On Mar 20, 2017
They wan dey sell food stuff?
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by mrclement020: 7:12pm On Mar 20, 2017
Click to see

Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by ikemesit4477: 7:21pm On Mar 20, 2017
Bcbabe:
This can only happen across the Niger.

what you are seeing below is not market transaction but family business. Can you guess what is going on?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I dey pity the groom, thou e be mugu and all his family na mumu join.......dem no pity dem son ................ angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
These is greediness, as if there are selling their daughter!
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Mrvirgin(m): 7:22pm On Mar 20, 2017
Is the bride's family house an IDP camp?
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 20, 2017
Bcbabe:
This can only happen across the Niger.

what you are seeing below is not market transaction but family business. Can you guess what is going on?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I dey pity the groom, thou e be mugu and all his family na mumu join.......dem no pity dem son ................ angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
whattttt shocked for this recession
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 20, 2017
gbosaa:

Get ready, I'll come for you with a carton of la casera and a handful of gala...that's for your entire village.

God bless you.
U hear some women talking here as if they don't have values. Smhhh

My fiance will bring all those things all on my own traditional marriage day.

My parents no pluck me from tree.
Am a full blown enterprising woman, fresh,educated ,fruitful, intelligent and beautiful.. So no man will come and disgrace me by bringing pure water and one cup of rice.

Some men dey even add cow and cows untop.

Mine will not be different in Jesus name amen.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by seniorkachion(m): 7:38pm On Mar 20, 2017
Jerryojozy:
I suspect Mbaise people from Imo state.

Genius J
How do you know it's Mbaise or even Igbo? This very pic was also posted on facebook by a friend of mine, an Akwa Ibomite. He said it was just for "knocking on the door ". Do we have any marriage stage called "knocking on the door "in Igbo culture?
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Behira(f): 7:42pm On Mar 20, 2017
bakila:

You fit collect pass the one. You too fine, all that thing no reach 385000. You fit collect more than that.
wink
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 20, 2017
hmmm... operation feed the village
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by hammerF: 7:55pm On Mar 20, 2017
ONLY LAZY AND WICKED MEN COMPLAIN ABOUT FULFILLING THE DEMANDS OF THE KINDRED THAT U ARE ABOUT TO JOIN.

THE ITEMS ARE NOT EVEN FOR THE GIRLS IMMEDIATE FAMILY BUT THE KINDRED.

AND NO, BECOS U FULFILLED THE MARRIAGE RITE, DOES NOT MEAN U BOUGHT THEIR DAUGHTER.

IF NA BUYING AND SELLING, I GUARANTEE U THAT U CANNOT AFFORD A HUMAN BEING. EVEN DANGOTE WILL HAVE PROBLEM PAYING THE PRICE INVOLVED TO BUY ANOTHER HUMAN BEING.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Jerryojozy(m): 8:01pm On Mar 20, 2017
seniorkachion:

How do you know it's Mbaise or even Igbo? This very pic was also posted on facebook by a friend of mine, an Akwa Ibomite. He said it was just for "knocking on the door ". Do we have any marriage stage called "knocking on the door "in Igbo culture?
With what I have read so far about Mbaise people concerning marriage there, I did not conclude but a guess. If this one na knocking on de door, wahala dey be that. I bet most people will be single up till 40yrs in that village.

Genius J

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Ishilove: 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2017
ToriBlue:
Its Igbo culture, if you don't want to marry, you use the door, no one is forcing you either.
A culture of greed and extortion?

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by iSufferFools: 8:11pm On Mar 20, 2017
Ishilove:

A culture of greed and extortion?
Not to mention subtle slavery? I mean, after paying all that amount and buying those stuff, it'll be hard for a man not to believe he bought his wife.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by hammerF: 8:13pm On Mar 20, 2017
MY FATHER MARRIED MY MOTHER NO COMPLAIN, HIS FATHER MARRIED HIS MOTHER NO COMPLAIN, MY MOTHER FATHER MARRIED MY GRANDMOTHER NO COMPLAIN.

IGBO MEN HAVE BEEN FULFILING THE TRADITIONAL RITE OF MARRIAGE SINCE TIME IMMEMORIAL WITH NO COMPLAIN.

WHO ARE THESE BUNCH OF LAZY MEN THAT WANT THEIR INLAW TO PAY FOR THE MARRIAGE BECOS THEY ARE DOING THEM A FAVOUR BY MARRYING THEIR DAUGHTER?

MARRIAGE IN IGBO LAND IS NOT FORCED, IT IS NOT FOR THE POOR AS ANY FAMILY U GO TO MARRY FROM WILL BE INTERESTED IN WAT U DO FOR A LIVING AND WANT TO KNOW IF U WILL BE ABLE TO COPE WITH THE RESPONSIBILITY OF AN ADDITION TO THE FAMILY AS WELL AS TAKE CARE OF URSELF AND THEIR DAUGHTER.

THE MARRIAGE RITE IS A TEST OF UR FINANCIAL CAPABILITIES TO ASSERTAIN THAT U ARE COMPETENT TO CARRY A FAMILY AS A MAN.

GO TO THE EAST, IT IS THE ONLY PLACE IN THE WHOLE NIGERIA THAT U RARELY SEE ANYBODY BEGGING ON THE STREET.

MY ADVICE TO THOSE OF U OBSESSED WITH IGBO CULTURE EVEN THOUGH U ARE NOT IGBO, IS THAT U START THE CHANGE FROM UR OWN CULTURES, CHANGE STARTS FROM WITHIN, U CANNOT BE JUMPING THE FENCE INTO ANOTHER MAN COMPOUND TO REARRANGE THE PLACE AS U DEEM FIT WEN UR OWN COMPOUND IS A BIGGER MESS.

HERE ARE THE TYPES OF PICTURES WE FIND IN THE NORTH AND SOUTH WEST, WHERE THE BRIDE FAMILY FOOT THE MARRIAGE BILL, POLYGAMY WITH CHILDREN RUNNING THE STREET TO BEG FOR THEIR NEXT MEAL.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Ishilove: 8:15pm On Mar 20, 2017
iSufferFools:
Not to mention subtle slavery? I mean, after paying all that amount and buying those stuff, it'll be hard for a man not to believe he bought his wife.
I don't understand the rationale behind this kind of extortion. Is the woman being sold? The culture has been perverted because I don't think culture will ask a man to empty his savings account because he wants to marry a girl

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by hammerF: 8:16pm On Mar 20, 2017
IGBO PEOPLE ARE A GREAT PEOPLE AND UR NOISES ARE HEARD BUT DEEM NUISANCE NOISE.

WITH ALL THE OIL IN NIGERIA, UNDER THE LEADERSHIP OF THE NORTH AND SOUTH WEST, THE COUNTRY IS STILL ONE OF THE POOREST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

THE BIBLE SAYS THAT WISE MEN COME FROM THE EAST.

WE CANNOT CHANGE OUR RICH CULTURE AND BECOME POLYGAMOUS BECOS MARRIAGE IS EASY AND CHEAP.

IF U PEOPLE DONT WANT TO SHARE COUNTRY WITH IGBOS KINDLY REINSTATE BIAFRA BECOS WE REALLY DONT LIKE OR APPRECIATE UR ANIMAL NOISE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:18pm On Mar 20, 2017
Cutehector:
A sensible and ungreedy father won't demand all these...

No big deal here.

This is not even for her family, it's usually for the village "vultures" who you don't even know (and don't know you).
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by iSufferFools: 8:21pm On Mar 20, 2017
Ishilove:

I don't understand the rationale behind this kind of extortion.
I think it's greed. There's no other explanation for it. At least, non that I can think of.

Is the woman being sold? The culture has been perverted because I don't think culture will ask a man to empty his savings account because he wants to marry a girl
I believe they don't care. All they care about is what they get from the man.

I remember when my cousin was getting married. He married an easterner. I smile when he told me that before they allowed him into the house of his father-in-law, he had to buy a cartoon of Benson and Hedges for the youths in the village. They said it's custom. I mean, like seriously.

SMH.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by hammerF: 8:23pm On Mar 20, 2017
Ishilove

U ARE JUST A SHE-BIGGOT, COMMOT UR EYE AND MOUTH FOR IGBO PEOPLE MATTER, WE NO SEND U Oooo!

WE CANNOT MARRY SHE-BIGGOT AFONJA LIKE U, SO WAKA!

LATELY IGBO SEEM TO BE UR PROBLEM, Y DONT U GET A LIFE AND BE HAPPY IN UR AFONJA BUBBLE, WE DONT NEED NOTHING FROM U.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by hammerF: 8:28pm On Mar 20, 2017
iSufferFools:
I think it's greed. There's no other explanation for it. At least, non that I can think of.

I believe they don't care. All they care about is what they get from the man.

I remember when my cousin was getting married. He married an easterner. I smile when he told me that before they allowed him into the house of his father-in-law, he had to buy a cartoon of Benson and Hedges for the youths in the village. They said it's custom. I mean, like seriously.

SMH.

UR COUSIN SHOULD HAVE MARRIED HIS FELLOW YORUBA. Y ARE U RUNNING FROM UR OWN?

WAT IS WRONG WITH UR YORUBA WOMEN, DIS IS THE QUESTION U REALLY SHOUL BE ASKING.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by iSufferFools: 8:31pm On Mar 20, 2017
hammerF:

UR COUSIN SHOULD HAVE MARRIED HIS FELLOW YORUBA. Y ARE U RUNNING FROM UR OWN?

WAT IS WRONG WITH UR YORUBA WOMEN, DIS IS THE QUESTION U REALLY SHOUL BE ASKING.
And how do you know my cousin is yoruba? You presumptuous in breed bigot.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by hammerF: 8:33pm On Mar 20, 2017
iSufferFools:
And how do you know my cousin is yoruba? You presumptuous in breed bigot.

NO IGBO MAN WILL COMPLAIN ABOUT MARRIAGE RITE, THIS IS A YORUBA THING.

LET ME TELL U NOW, NOBODY WILL FOOT UR MARRIAGE BILL IN THE EAST BECOS U THINK MARRYING THEIR DAUGHTER IS A FAVOUR.

DID IGBO PEOPLE PUT ADVERTISEMENT THAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR OTHER TRIBES TO MARRY FROM THEM?

IS UR COUSIN BETTER THAN ALL THE IGBO MEN THAT HAVE FULFILED THE MARRIAGE RITE OR WE SHOULD FOOT HIS WEDDING BILL BECOS HE IS DOING US A FAVOUR BY CROSS THE RIVER NIGER TO COME AND BEG WIFE?
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by hammerF: 8:34pm On Mar 20, 2017
I SIMPLY WILL LIKE, FOR ALL OF U AFONJA TO LEAVE MY CULTURE AND MY PEOPLE ALONE, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

GO AND SEE A PSYCHIATRIST ABOUT UR IGBO OBSESSION AND GET WELL SOON.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Godsate: 8:38pm On Mar 20, 2017
refiner:
I can only allow my brother to get all these for his bride if she is an exact replica of virgin mary... angry
m

I can give more than this if she is brand new (I mean virgin) but not for tokunbo.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by iSufferFools: 8:43pm On Mar 20, 2017
hammerF:

NO IGBO MAN WILL COMPLAIN ABOUT MARRIAGE RITE, THIS IS A YORUBA THING.

LET ME TELL U NOW, NOBODY WILL FOOT UR MARRIAGE BILL IN THE EAST BECOS U THINK MARRYING THEIR DAUGHTER IS A FAVOUR.

DID IGBO PEOPLE PUT ADVERTISEMENT THAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR OTHER TRIBES TO MARRY FROM THEM?

IS UR COUSIN BETTER THAN ALL THE IGBO MEN THAT HAVE FULFILED THE MARRIAGE RITE OR WE SHOULD FOOT HIS WEDDING BILL BECOS HE IS DOING US A FAVOUR BY CROSS THE RIVER NIGER TO COME AND BEG WIFE?
What manner of puerile vibe is this nonsensical homo erectus spewing?

Dude, know that "assumption is the mother of all Bleep-ups".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids / How I Shared Father With My Mother – Woman / Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.