Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family (47816 Views)

Son Destroys Food Items In The Kitchen After Mum Refused His Request (Video) / Balenciaga, Panties&bra, Bride's Family Demands As Bride Price In Ebonyi State / Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by PenisCaP: 8:09am On Mar 21, 2017
Ishilove:

You are naive, unexposed and obviously very young.

grin grin grin grin grin grin words of consolation
sadly d lines u bolded ar d lines dat killed u .

i just saw now a topic u created where ur hypocrisy was dsplayed.. wher pple told u exactly my words here.. grin

i dnt think u hv shame undecided do u
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by maxysmith(f): 8:13am On Mar 21, 2017
grin kiss
Cutehector:
fine woman smiley
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Cutehector(m): 8:15am On Mar 21, 2017
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Ishilove: 8:15am On Mar 21, 2017
PenisCaP:

grin grin grin grin grin grin words of consolation
sadly d lines u bolded ar d lines dat killed u .

i just saw now a topic u created where ur hypocrisy was dsplayed.. wher pple told u exactly my words here.. grin

i dnt think u hv shame undecided do u
Is this conversation about an Igbo man who was excessively taxed by his wife's people during their wedding or about a Nairaland user named Ishilove?

If you are having personality disorder that causes you to write rubbish at odd moments, I advise you go seek psychiatric and spiritual help before you enter market. Now fvck off, you've exhausted your ration of my attention.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by janefrancisca(f): 8:24am On Mar 21, 2017
blacktallest:

Impersonator or efulefu, according to you "madam oyibo" I repeat is it an IDP camp? Nah you win spelling bee for your time. The problem with us 'Igbo's abi nah IBO" is that we love to discriminate amongst ourselves. If you pay that kind of bride price in your place, no problem. Shey it is the village that will live with the husband and wife after the marriage bah? As far as I am concerned, any family that collects this in the name of umu ada and the rest does not have their daughter's child at heart. The girl that will even agree to it no follow sef. That is why most IMO ladies are either still single or marry outside their state. Haba!! What is it sef. For your imformation, I am an "IBO" lady and we dong demand a mini market in the name of bride price, negotiations or not. You are practically selling your child off. If you you still practice it in your place, no wahala. Practice away ma!!!
Nne...discrimination is everywhere o, its not just the igbos...try moving around. No man is an island, the community will not live with them but when there are cases of domestic violence, marital issues or even death of a partner, that's when you will know the importance of duly settling your rites. At least they are getting married, whether in or out of the state...Besides, how much are all those things worth? ...People spend more than that in just a day to buy and engage in frivolities...Nobody is forcing anybody, if any man feel the items in the list is much and he can't negotiate, then he should go for what he can afford...Simple
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by theMEGAman(m): 8:36am On Mar 21, 2017
ToriBlue:
Its Igbo culture, if you don't want to marry, you use the door, no one is forcing you either.
shot up! its IMO state culture not Igbo culture I am also nwafo Igbo si NNEWI bia. our culture never be like this.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by janefrancisca(f): 8:37am On Mar 21, 2017
Greg007:
them go soon say na mbiase this 1 happen,
The funny tin b say after all dis yannings, come see as mens dem from other states. Shey my two cousins, na edo and akwa ibom men marry dem. I have learnt not to take anything I read online as "truth" ...they are just opinions.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by multicolored(f): 12:07pm On Mar 21, 2017
emfaldo:
small? seriously? pls madam are u married?
No sir am not. Y d question?
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 21, 2017
Ishilove:

I don't understand the rationale behind this kind of extortion. Is the woman being sold? The culture has been perverted because I don't think culture will ask a man to empty his savings account because he wants to marry a girl

The reverse of this is why becoming an igbo widow is hell. None of the family / community that were involved in the taxing can stop the humiliation of head shaving and drinking water used to wash corpse.

Turning what should be a celebration of joy into a cold financial transaction robs you of the ability to defend or protect your daughter in the future.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by baby124: 4:06pm On Mar 21, 2017
God help a girl that will want to marry my son and they bring such a list. I will withdraw approval of the marriage because this is a sign that they are hungry, covetous and wicked family. They will definitely bankrupt my son if they can do such to a young couple before marriage. Let their daughter go and find them another mugu. Plenty girls in town. When their daughter old finish, they will agree to accept just one stock fish. Nonsense.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Ishilove: 4:36pm On Mar 21, 2017
oyb:

The reverse of this is why becoming an igbo widow is hell. None of the family / community that were involved in the taxing can stop the humiliation of head shaving and drinking water used to wash corpse.

Turning what should be a celebration of joy into a cold financial transaction robs you of the ability to defend or protect your daughter in the future.
It's quite annoying, to be frank
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by emfaldo(m): 6:23pm On Mar 21, 2017
multicolored:
No sir am not. Y d question?
Just wanna say Ur husband tried o....since u said these things are not much
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by stevedre: 7:38pm On Mar 21, 2017
blacktallest:

Dude, you get my point. I concur. Most ladies are to blame. God bless you Sir
God bless you more and am glad were on the same page. Nice smile youve got on your dp.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by mcdreeezy: 2:16am On Mar 22, 2017
I saw someone saying that Igbo men are not complaining. That person should better speak for himself. I'm an indigene of Imo state and I see this as absolute nonsense. The villagers that the items are for, will they live with the couple?
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Pchidexy(m): 8:53am On Mar 22, 2017
theMEGAman:
shot up! its IMO state culture not Igbo culture I am also nwafo Igbo si NNEWI bia. our culture never be like this.
Mumu, who told you that it is Imo state culture? Why do folks from your side like giving others bad names? Come to think of it,how much re the items? Abeg clear well
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Pchidexy(m): 8:57am On Mar 22, 2017
2dream:
This was the reason i quit my ex girlfriend from owerri

the first day i visitd her home
her mum was askn me how much i earn per month,
fear just catch me,
why would she be askn me how much i earn,probably to no how to draw this same list of items for me
Hahahaha! When your female child bring her own suitor, don't ask him any question o. Children full nairaland I swear.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Pchidexy(m): 9:05am On Mar 22, 2017
madridguy:
All protocol must be observed. Since it is there culture dont see any big deal in it. May God bless us, nothing is too much to marry a woman.
My guy, I find it hard to comment on Nairaland again. Many untrained children find solace on Nairaland. I do not subscribe to dowry and things like that as they make women look like objects bought with money. However, that is for me. I will give my children out freely. I however, won't fault a parent who decides to go by cultural protocols. Marriage is not for boys who can't prove their mettle.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Pchidexy(m): 9:09am On Mar 22, 2017
janefrancisca:
The funny tin b say after all dis yannings, come see as mens dem from other states. Shey my two cousins, na edo and akwa ibom men marry dem. I have learnt not to take anything I read online as "truth" ...they are just opinions.
What we see online re like rumors. Believe them at your own peril. The internet is wonderful but it is the greatest rumor mill.
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by Pchidexy(m): 9:16am On Mar 22, 2017
For all the slow dimwits shouting Imo state, I ask a simple question: do Okada men, truck pushers and poor men in general from Imo state not marry? Are they all single? Are Imo state ladies protesting that you guys must marry them? I don't get the obsession! Or is it for fun?
Re: Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family by multicolored(f): 2:32pm On Mar 22, 2017
emfaldo:

Just wanna say Ur husband tried o....since u said these things are not much
Okay sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? / Man Hospitalised After Beating From Wife / Doll Jenkins Celebrates 100th Birthday With Two Male Strippers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.