Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,149 members, 7,953,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:39 PM

36STATES's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 36STATES's Profile / 36STATES's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 40 pages)

Culture / Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by 36STATES: 5:40pm On Jun 07, 2023
jamesversion:
Chrisxxx. Nice one. The issue with Ikwerre language and the use of it, is lack of standardisation. The language scholars of Ikwerreland need to create a standard/general Ikwerre.

That standard Ikwerre should be used as the official written and spoken forn of it. So that when in literary circle or platforms as this, there should be no ambiguity on what has been written as Ikwerre language.

Cos quite frankly, your clan language may not easily pass for mine. Tho similar in certain areas, there still exist some differences in the language words used and could easily confuse or maybe create a lapse in understanding for someone not from your clan.

Tho, to those well grounded in their clan languages, the dissimilar words used shouldn't be an issue but for someone like me whose both my parents are Ikwerres, I only manage passer-by Ikwerre.

I am not Ikwerrre, but I can see that his own Ikwerre is not a proper one. Proper Ikwerre is very very close to Igbo language spoken in parts of Abia and Imo states..

29 Likes 3 Shares

Science/Technology / Re: Tolani: Ekiti Boy Generates Electricity From 2 Stones To Power His Home by 36STATES: 10:22am On May 23, 2023
Mjshexy:
In saner climes he'd get supported by the government but does our government care about young Nigerians with such exceptional discoveries, no they don't sad. All they are interested in is to borrow on behalf of Nigerians, steal all they borrowed and die leaving Nigerians in unfathomable indebtedness

In saner clime, no one will write about this kind of cock and bull crap. The reason is that the first reaction of people there would be for him to prove how he did it. We all know it is all bulls and he can't prove anything.

It is people like you that promote this sort of rubbish knowing fully well it was just a pack of lies. Where are all those solar powered cars with solar panel on the roof, and water powered generators?

Nairaland should stop posting all these primitive kindergarten bulls, it is helping to dumb down the little brain people have in this country.
Celebrities / Re: Kanayo O Kanayo Lambasts African Chefs Trying To Break Hilda Baci's Record by 36STATES: 7:09pm On May 21, 2023
Because it is a rubbish record that is not hard to break. You don't have to do much to stay up for 3 days, crystal meth can help you achieve that without sweat. Proper records that are worth of anything are difficult to break. Cooking is not a great skill in my opinion.

2 Likes

Food / Re: Over 70% Nigerian Foods Rejected Abroad - NAFDAC by 36STATES: 7:02pm On May 21, 2023
How is it their duty to guarantee that my exported good is accepted by the importing client? If my client overseas reject my goods, it is me that will bear the loss, how is it the concern of a government agency?

I know our people very slow in reasoning, if not, this people would not have continued taking us for fools. This is nothing more than opportunity for bribe. If they have to inspect your goods for quality before it is exported, then they have created avenue for massive bribing. It is always the duty of the receiving country to check of standard of goods coming in, not the other way out.

When we travel to other countries, the checking and inspection of goods like food and diary for quality and contraband are done at the arrival, because they don't want you to bring in prohibited stuffs into their country.

But the criminal Nigerians have set up what they called quarantine agency at the departure section of the MM airport in Lagos- to intimidate and collect bribe from Nigerian students traveling abroad with egusi, yam, ogbonu etc in the name of inspection. It is not their duty to protect the foreign country, those countries have their customs and other departments doing the job their.

1 Like 1 Share

Religion / Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by 36STATES: 4:49pm On May 20, 2023
Lifted07:
You are nearly right, but it actually takes faith (another kind of faith) to believe there's no God. So whatever stand you have, you need faith to hold on to it, hence it's considered to be a religion. Every faith and non faith needs a believe to remain.

Faith is belief without reason. That is why religious people are mostly irrational people - though they will never accept it. You do not need faith to believe in many things. Atheism and agnosticism (I am one) is not based on faith, but reason. Reason/rationality is enemy of faith.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Apapa’s Camp Asked Court To Sack All LP Lawmakers-elect – Obi’s Faction Reveals by 36STATES: 7:42am On May 18, 2023
This Apapa is helping to cement the Yoruba notoriety as a group of unreliable chameleons.

He should understand that what he does and says have implication beyond his selfish desires. It has become crystal clear to everyone that he was paid to undermine the wishes of Nigerians that voted for LP. But I think the reputational damage to his people with regards to how they are perceived when it comes to trust is the deepest.
Career / Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by 36STATES: 5:49pm On May 05, 2023
The guy wants to train them to NEBOSH level for free. NEBOSH costs over 300.000 Naira in Nigeria and that can get you job anywhere. He sends me some of the applications he received, that's when I concluded that Nigeria is in a big mess. My 10 years old daughter can use most MS Office package, and she writes better English than most graduates in Nigeria.

ppogba:

When HR persons say most Nigerian graduates are un- employable, do you think they are exaggerating?

All they know how to do is harangue Buhari and other leaders on social media while paying less attention to their calamitous, almost irredeemable situation.

4 Likes

Career / Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by 36STATES: 5:29pm On May 05, 2023
A friend is looking for people to work for him in Nigeria. He's got a company in US but he wants to outsource some of the office things he does to Nigeria, Imo State in particular. Since December, he has not been able to get anyone, even though he plans to pay the workers very well. He has already set up the office with computers and desks, the quality of candidates coming has been ridiculous. Many of them are too lazy to even write an application letter, instead they forward a CV that has nothing to do with the person specification outlined in the job advert. If you live in Imo State, Owerri zone, you can go to his company website to look at the job. Find the link below. https://www.safetydesk.co.uk/_files/ugd/12e932_065caac45e9e40c29d01a3d2f6a0b525.pdf
Investment / Re: Femi Otedola Sells His Shares In Transcorp by 36STATES: 2:48pm On Apr 28, 2023
rookidmart:
Pump and dump.
Forte Oil, FBN and now Transcorp.

In civilised countries, serious investigation will be started to see if laws have been broken. But in the land of the dark like Nigeria full of ignorance, people will be praising him. This should raise alarm bell to stop inside trading.

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: Innoson Motors (IVM) Commissions Her New LNG/CNG Vehicles by 36STATES: 5:55pm On Apr 20, 2023
This is very very dangerous. Gas is highly flammable with very low ignition point. Nigeria has no good safety standards or good enforcement body to ensure people don't cut conners leading to loss of lives.
Business / Re: Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp by 36STATES: 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2023
Dividend of 5 kobo per share I no do please.
Education / Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by 36STATES: 8:11am On Apr 05, 2023
What of the 5 billion Naira she claimed she donated in Nigeria few years ago??

This is pure audio money. No details, just empty words.
Travel / Re: What Downtown Looks Like In São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil by 36STATES: 6:12pm On Mar 11, 2023
No try swallow anything there on your way back oo! you will be caught.

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: APC Will Compensate Civil War Victims In Rivers – Amaechi by 36STATES: 10:10am On Mar 10, 2023
They have paid us, but about 3 percent of the worth. My family owned two 3 bedroom properties in rainbow town GRA. My father got only 1.2 million Naira from Peter Odiri and this Amechi government between 2004 and 2006. The land alone today is worth more than 100 million each.
Politics / Re: Sir Friday Nwosu Dies At 63 by 36STATES: 10:10pm On Mar 09, 2023
There is no gentle soul in APC
Politics / Re: Nigerian Presidential Election 2023: Result Updates from INEC portal & Collation by 36STATES: 6:02pm On Feb 25, 2023
Godspikin:

This mindset of yours which most Ibo people have is disgusting and repulsive. Assuming Obi even wins Lagos, so all the yorubas who voted for him in Lagos are igbos. Lagos being Yorubaland is a fact the electoral votes is not what will validate that. All of you who belong to this school of thought are just delusional and it is very dangerous for you to think this way.

Not all Igbos reason that way. Anybody with bills to pay understands that things are hard and that a new government is needed and Yourbas are not unaware of that hence this massive vote from every part of the country for LP.

5 Likes

Politics / Re: Leaked Audio: INEC Consultant Caught, Says Tinubu Plans $170M Bribe - Gazette by 36STATES: 12:19pm On Feb 25, 2023
Do you guys remember the Ekiti election fake soldier audio tape by APC.
Politics / Re: Atiku Given Assignment To Fix Nigeria Within Four Years – Primate Ayodele by 36STATES: 7:26pm On Feb 24, 2023
Felabrity:
Fix Nigeria or recover his loot?
Which one?

So he has Dubai wife too?

We escaped Abiola and his battalion of wives and children and may end up with another battalion of wives and children?

Everyone should join hands please to help Obi over the line, the race is almost finished. Come out with all your anger and vote Obi tomorrow.
Politics / Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by 36STATES: 3:59pm On Feb 24, 2023
The way one of the guys was repeating Atiku's name in fool shows he wants listeners to know it was Atiku speaking. For that I rate the whole thing fake, because that is not how you speak to people in a normal conversation.
Business / Re: How Much Of Old Naira Note Is With You by 36STATES: 9:11pm On Feb 19, 2023
38K, and I'm outside Nigeria. No chance of changing it, but I still think it is a good policy.
I retuned to my base after New Year and was surprised to find 25K in one of my jeans trousers' pocket plus few change I didn't dash those baggers at MM Ikeja.

4 Likes

Politics / Re: Naira Crunch: I Need N70m In ‘hard Copy’ For Election Expenses - Doguwa by 36STATES: 10:04am On Feb 17, 2023
Any payment above 2000 should be done by transfer. What is wrong with these criminals?

46 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by 36STATES: 8:12am On Feb 16, 2023
What happens to the 36 containers of 1000 Naira note stashed by Tinubu and his gang of thieves?

Sense no go kill Buhari and Emefile.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Picture Of Yahaya Bello And El-Rufai At The Supreme Court Today by 36STATES: 11:27am On Feb 15, 2023
36 forty feet containers containing 1000 Naira notes from Tinubu to El Rufai and other northern governors to buy votes are being kept in many parts of Kaduna state and warehouses in many parts of Norther Nigeria.

Tinubu wants to destroy the little democracy we have, but God pass am. The cries of the dead from Ikoyi toll gate end SARS massacre will hunting him forever.

1 Like

Business / Re: How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN by 36STATES: 7:40pm On Feb 14, 2023
Tinubu should be held accountable for this mess.
He deceived people into believing that the Naira policy from CBN was going to be dropped.
But Tinubu's main reason is because of his 20 containers loaded with 1000 Naira notes for vote buying in the north mainly.

1 Like

Culture / Re: Naira Scarcity: I Don’t Have N20,000 Cash As Monarch — Oluwo by 36STATES: 7:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
Use your bank card, stupid boy. Who made all these druggies Oba in Yorubaland?
Politics / Re: Dangote, Tony Elumelu, Otedola, Duke, Imoukhuede Meet Peter Obi (Photo) by 36STATES: 9:14pm On Feb 09, 2023
There is something very disconcerting about Duke's hand on another man. I would never allow his wandering hand anywhere near me. A lot has been said about that man.
Politics / Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by 36STATES: 12:13pm On Feb 07, 2023
baralatie:

You are still affirming the person you are quoting
The ekweremadus are been charged for exploitation of a human being ,falsification of documents and organ trafficking!

I am sorry but I don't see the sense in what you are saying.
Politics / Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by 36STATES: 12:11pm On Feb 07, 2023
Originalsly:

The prosecution did research and found out he was born in a village and Ihis birth was not recorded.... the reason for him not having a DOB nor knowing bis exact age. The only way for the defence can give problems on this point is to produce his birth certificate or some record of birth. Will they risk family that?
The doctors that tested him in Nigeria ... did they tell him the truth about what he was tested for?... and why? Do you really believe any of them will want to take the stand and bear witness in this case?
No doubt... the law for donors may be similar to that for surrogate mothers. And yes... there is a thin line between payment and financial support... but this is not about payment ... which carries a sentence of 3 years max ... this is about trafficking and exploitation which is a specific charge.Why would you say it is non specific? He used false information to get they guy into the country .... that's trafficking .... and the purpose was to harvest his kidney ... which is illegal.... different from if the kidney was donated... exploitation. He had full control of the guy in the UK ... slavery.
He is not going to get out of this. We should reflect on how many Nigerians... especially young people... go to hospitals for belly pains and are often told minor surgery is required. Do they really know what the surgeons went in and removed? They should go and check and see if they have both kidneys.... many would be shocked.

He is not getting out of this .. and he dare not try getting the guy to change the story.

Every rope has an end.

First of all, the guy in question is adult and he has parents, siblings, relatives who must have told him his age and DOB. He was not smuggled to U.K, he went through all the legal processes. He is running a business in Lagos for years before this event. If the doctor's failed to explain properly to him why he's being taken to U.K, which I doubt, it is hard to prove that Ekweremadu told them to lie to the guy.
Politics / Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by 36STATES: 11:55am On Feb 07, 2023
00FFT00:

You Nigerians need to quit thinking from your anus. This is why someone like Ahmed Tinubu is running to enslave you in his obviously deteriorated condition. What is in question here is the rule of law. The United Kingdom is not a lawless society in the mold of the cesspit called Nigeria.

The letter of the law is simple, organ donation must be altruistic. In this case, it is not. And the donor cannot be reasonably expected to resist the inducement employed in the request to donate, even if he was properly clarified regarding its demerits. He is poor as hell, and who in his situation in Nigeria will not jump at the opportunity to board an airplane out of the country first?.

What is being prosecuted here is first class exploitation, human trafficking with intent to harvest organ. There is no bloodline nexus between donor and recipient and remuneration was agreed, that's a crime.

But you are a Nigeria, corruption ravaged, and cannot be reasonably expected to think well.

You fail to appreciate the fact that the guy must have changed his mind after agreeing to the deal on reaching there. Why did they lie about his age? Now they have accepted he's old enough to make decisions and not under age as was first alleged. That they are not relatives as you are saying does change anything. He has a lot of opportunity and time to think through it before he went to U.K, so is not like he was induced to smoke Indian Hemp while partying with friends - the whole thing took months if not years.

You simply don't understand how these things work. We know of high profile cases like this that was thrown away in U.K courts. These are activists prosecutors working in anti-human trafficking and slavery department of U.K. government that are looking for ways to justify their huge allocations and promote their anti human trafficking activism.
Politics / Re: UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 by 36STATES: 10:02am On Feb 07, 2023
There is absolutely no case here and the court will throw away this case within weeks. All these talk of controlling the young man and claiming he doesn't know his age is where the prosecutors have problem. The doctors in Nigeria that assessed him before he went to U.K are going to debunk the lies that he didn't fully know why he went to U.K.

On issue of money for organ donor, the law is fluid in that regard. It is like the law around surrogate mothers, it is illegal to pay them, but it is recognised that you have to support them financially. So there is a thin line between payment and financially support.

Why are they charging them with human trafficking and exploitation, which is another none specific charge? I think it is because they are trying to see which of their week claims will stick.

2 Likes

Politics / Re: ‘13 Parties’ Threaten To Pull Out Of 2023 Elections Over Naira Redesign by 36STATES: 3:59pm On Feb 06, 2023
Alary:

If Obi entered lasan, business don open for his blodas be that. That's why dey are supporting him. They want to turn Nigeria to Colombia

Can we talk a bit more about Columbia??

Politics / Re: CBN's Plan Is To Cause Protest And Stop Elections - Oshiomhole (Video) by 36STATES: 11:08pm On Feb 05, 2023
jjcena:
Oshomole where is your wife abi girlfriend we you use Edo state treasury go buy

The olosho don carry Edo billions japa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 40 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.