Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 (38903 Views)

How El-Zakzaky Was Expelled From ABU, Zaria In 1979 For Violence - The Cable / Ibrahim Garba Wala Bags 12 Years In Jail For Defamation And Incitement(pic) / No Evidence Shows That Dino Jumped Out Of Van, Eyewitness Claimed He Was Pushed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by fmarshal(m): 3:26pm On Mar 27, 2017
Intrepid01:

Ohh my God,, bros I go slap you o....na where you for waka come from sef?

Na today people start dey lie under oath?

So people wen talk truth under oath carry evidence begin dey talk truth from the evidence abi
Oga whatever fact(s) they have is presented before the panel and they testify with their mouths.

Does that make it word of mouth
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by Uteghe(m): 3:27pm On Mar 27, 2017
KINGOFTHEEAST:
I know you are Yoruba see your "his" this mistake is common with Yoruba due to the way they talk
Wether I'm Yoruba or not,what is important is the putting of Cownu out of circulation. IGBOS are happy.
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by phantomBBT: 3:28pm On Mar 27, 2017
To all those acting dumb asking for certificate of year 2000. Keep fooling yourself just to nail Dino. I had a Bsc from a state uni in 2008, till as I speak. Ve not goone dia for any certificate. Also a master's degree from Oau ife. I haven't collected the certificate.. not because it's not ready!! But I find it useless for now.. am an hustler and business magnate grin
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by omenkaLives(m): 3:29pm On Mar 27, 2017
olujastro:
I've never been interested in these petty certificate issues. What is wrong with Nigeria and Nigerians for God's sake!
After the elections, our focus should shift immediately to development and accountability. The Senate has yet to pass the 2017 budget since December so we can fast track further release of funds for capital projects, instead they're more interested in chasing people to wear uniforms or remove Magu who has been their nightmare due to their own corrupt actions.
Are we going to be dealing with scandals till 2019 and turn our country into an election country with little or no development in between the election cycles?
Wtf!
My brother, it is indeed depressing. embarassed
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by obaloppelujo(m): 3:31pm On Mar 27, 2017
And did his nysc programme at preceded time ? Mouth sealed.
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by Goke7: 3:31pm On Mar 27, 2017
phantomBBT:
To all those acting dumb asking for certificate of year 2000. Keep fooling yourself just to nail Dino. I had a Bsc from a state uni in 2008, till as I speak. Ve not goone dia for any certificate. Also a master's degree from Oau ife. I haven't collected the certificate.. not because it's not ready!! But I find it useless for now.. am an hustler and business magnate grin

that you have not collected does not mean that your certificate is not ready.
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by alizma: 3:32pm On Mar 27, 2017
TheSlyone2:
Some people go commit suicide today...

Good news, even with the current recession, Rope and Rat poison shouldn't exceed N200...

Bubu, when is your principal coming to clarify things?
so Dino has been clarified? he graduated in the year 2000 and served in the 1999. that is what you called being clarified abi, I hope you have your own certificate?
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by khing00600: 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2017
LOL MAYBE OUR SENATOR FORESEE THAT HE DON'T HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE YEAR OF GRADUATION BEFORE HE GO AHEAD TO THE NYSC CAMP AND AN AUTHENTIC GRADUATE.
Uteghe:
Lie!
The VC should tell us why Dino did NYSC in 1999?
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by KINGOFTHEEAST: 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2017
Uteghe:

Wether I'm Yoruba or not,what is important is the putting of Cownu out of circulation. IGBOS are happy.
Muslim
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by hebex12(m): 3:38pm On Mar 27, 2017
wellmax:
So a whole first generation university requires its VC to come confirm that a student graduated from the institution.

Big shame on ABU

We sure have a long way to go.

My bro Abu no be school jare... A whole VX for that mata
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by AreaFada2: 3:43pm On Mar 27, 2017
BlueRayDick:
That school has no credibility whatsoever. It took them how many days to confirm or deny? And to think its a federal school that should be a model to other schools...smh

So its possible to serve before graduating officially? I think NYSC management should also confirm the year he served.

Let us not condemn too quick because our own belief or position is not being confirmed. There would have been a graduation ceremony on or after 2000. Does nobody have that year's graduation list for the year? Some people still have theirs from 15 or 25 years back. Is his name on it? No video of the ceremony? Course/graduation mates?

Has anyone seen a pic of the NYSC discharge certificate allegedly said to have been before graduation (2000) already in 1999?

we know we have lots of crooks in the system but there are still many possible avenues to confirm or rubbish it.
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by BabaO2: 3:45pm On Mar 27, 2017
dennisworld1:
So wore oya pay the 5billion naira grin grin
Na so dem dey pay without physical physical evidence? academic records will be investigated from year 1 to final year. No recent updates will be acceptable
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by Nellybii: 3:49pm On Mar 27, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
CAN YOU NAME THE EXAM OFFICER? can he come out to the court to testify? here is the authentic man ABU VC, Prof. Ibrahim Garba that can stand in the court as a witness to Dino. Sowoore fed your itching ears with garbage now there is no room for the real news grin grin grin

I can't help but laughing at the obvious attempt to manipulate the truth. He tried but unfortunately the VC hasn't succeeded in convincing anyone to believe otherwise.
The fact that a thief is not caught doesn't make him the owner of the stolen property.
Dinos case is typifies the moral and academic decadence that has engulfed Nigeria.
I don't see any hopes for Nigeria.
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by Mememan: 3:53pm On Mar 27, 2017
TheSlyone2:
Some people go commit suicide today...

Good news, even with the current recession, Rope and Rat poison shouldn't exceed N200...

Bubu, when is your principal coming to clarify things?
yeeeeeeeessssssss

We Igbos support senator Dino Melaye. How I wish Senator Dino Melaye can rule us in Igboland. Infact Dino Melaye must rule us in Igboland in Jesus name. Dino Melaye is greater than all Igbo men both dead and alive.

Dino Melaye is greater than ojukwu
Dino Melaye is greater than chinua achebe
Dino Melaye is greater than nnamdi azikiwe
Dino Melaye is greater than nnanmdi kanu
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by Daddybright1986(m): 3:54pm On Mar 27, 2017
Now Sahara reporters can get their 5bn Naira ready for Dino. No matter whatsoever more allegations they might have against Dino he has just won the suite he filled against Sahara which was strictly on "Dino didn't graduate from ABU" as for me I don't care what qualifications he had and how corrupt he might be but if his voice in Nigeria no matter how selfish it might be has some positive influence on the masses then I can say go on Dino
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by xpool(m): 3:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
Uteghe:
Lie!
Death wey go kill another man go kill you!
Lagoon never full, it is waiting for you.
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by BlueRayDick: 3:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
AreaFada2:

Let us not condemn too quick because our own belief or position is not being confirmed. There would have been a graduation ceremony on or after 2000. Does nobody have that year's graduation list for the year? Some people still have theirs from 15 or 25 years back. Is his name on it? No video of the ceremony? Course/graduation mates?

Has anyone seen a pic of the NYSC discharge certificate allegedly said to have been before graduation (2000) already in 1999?

we know we have lots of crooks in the system but there are still many possible avenues to confirm or rubbish it.

But punch reported last week they did a thorough search of the institution's graduating list from the said year till date. They used every form of his name, Daniel Jonah Melaye, Dino Jonah Melaye, yet none came out to show he actually graduated.The truth is there is something really wrong about the whole thing and the school has not helped a bit to resolve the issue.
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by deomello: 4:07pm On Mar 27, 2017
Dino graduated from ABU, but has didn't collect certificate and have non to show

ABU VC asserted that Dino graduated from ABU, but produced no documented evidence that he actually did even after days or almost a week embarrassing silence.

Obviously, this is a face saving move by ABU and the VC because till this very second, there is still no credible evidence that Dino graduated from ABU.

This is how our institutions, leaders and elected fail us everyday from top to bottom.
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by deomello: 4:17pm On Mar 27, 2017
Daddybright1986:
Now Sahara reporters can get their 5bn Naira ready for Dino. No matter whatsoever more allegations they might have against Dino he has just won the suite he filled against Sahara which was strictly on "Dino didn't graduate from ABU" as for me I don't care what qualifications he had and how corrupt he might be but if his voice in Nigeria no matter how selfish it might be has some positive influence on the masses then I can say go on Dino

I don't think ABU and Dino are ready for cross examination in any court of law unless they have documented and genuine proof and not backdated proof that Dino actually graduated because word of mouth carries absolutely zero weight in any court of law.

I bet SR is saying see you court.
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by ZoneBslayer(m): 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2017
phantomBBT:
same here, I haven't had a need for my original certificate yet, my statement of result has sufficed for now..and I am a bit confused about the argument here, is it that one can't be in an Nysc camp before the official graduation/convocation day? cuz I know it was the case with my set. we were already in camp before our graduation day.
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by BrutusOj(m): 4:20pm On Mar 27, 2017
BlueRayDick:
That school has no credibility whatsoever. It took them how many days to confirm or deny? And to think its a federal school that should be a model to other schools...smh

So its possible to serve before graduating officially? I think NYSC management should also confirm the year he served.

You all making noise about how it took the school a long time to respond.When did our schools moved from manual to digital system of computing school records self? I am sure some of you don't know that thousands of people passes through same school system after a particular set, hence tracing a manual record takes time. if you are a graduate, go back to your school and ask for your exams record and see if the department can do that for you within a short time
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by dammyllare(m): 4:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
Uteghe:
Lie!
Don't be a fool
He never went for nysc in 1999
He was among the 1999/2000 set that went to camp in year 2000
You guys are funny
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by deomello: 4:27pm On Mar 27, 2017
BrutusOj:
You all making about how it took the school a long time to respond.When did our schools moved from manual to digital system of computing school records self? I am sure some of you don't know that after thousands of people passes through same school system after a particular set, hence tracing a manual record takes time. if you are a graduate, go back to your school and ask for your exams record and see if the department can do that for you within a short time

Do you also have any excuse for him for lying that he graduated fro London school of economics and Harvard?

Must you people make excuses for crookedness, incompetence and fraud.

Even with non digital and old school filling system, it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes or 1 hour to fish out 1 single file, unless the file was sent to the moon.
And to discredit your bogus argument, the results and grade published by SR was in digital format so you have no credibility in that regards.

For any University to be able to say yes or no for a whole week means that institution should either be shut down or revamped from top to bottom

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by yusuf99(m): 4:35pm On Mar 27, 2017
Let me see if pmb war on curruption isn't lopsided

Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by yusuf99(m): 4:38pm On Mar 27, 2017
Efcc should thoroughly investigate Dino n ABU vc

Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by Akainzo(m): 4:46pm On Mar 27, 2017
ZoneBslayer:

same here, I haven't had a need for my original certificate yet, my statement of result has sufficed for now..and I am a bit confused about the argument here, is it that one can't be in an Nysc camp before the official graduation/convocation day? cuz I know it was the case with my set. we were already in camp before our graduation day.

You can graduate in 1999 and be in camp in 1999 but do convocation in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 or 2004, however, your year of graduation still remains 1999.

Your year oi graduation is not the year the convocation ceremony took place but the year you qualified to be awarded the degree.
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by BlueRayDick: 4:47pm On Mar 27, 2017
BrutusOj:
You all making about how it took the school a long time to respond.When did our schools moved from manual to digital system of computing school records self? I am sure some of you don't know that after thousands of people passes through same school system after a particular set, hence tracing a manual record takes time. if you are a graduate, go back to your school and ask for your exams record and see if the department can do that for you within a short time

Are u sure u are following this case at all ? the article in the link below by punch shows a supposed graduate's name was missing from the school's alumni website despite an extensive search with different variations of his name, yet the VC just wakes up and tells us He is a graduate. just like that? ......smh. Sincerely the school's reputation has just been rubbished by the VC

http://punchng.com/dino-melayes-name-missing-from-abu-alumni-website/
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by hitman2911: 4:49pm On Mar 27, 2017
BlueRayDick:

But punch reported last week they did a thorough search of the institution's graduating list from the said year till date. They used every form of his name, Daniel Jonah Melaye, Dino Jonah Melaye, yet none came out to show he actually graduated.The truth is there is something really wrong about the whole thing and the school has not helped a bit to resolve the issue.

I think the VC clarifications disappointed lot of people who wanted Dino nailed. The reality is that Dino has skeletons in his cupboard.
Absence of Dino's name on ABU alumni site is not a justification to say he did not graduate from ABU.
As an ABU alumnus,Dino's case made me checked my record and that of my course mates unfortunately I discovered many mistakes.
Some names were missing, wrong spellings and wrong year of graduation.
Our system has lot of problems. I know friends who could not get a complete transcripts in ABU years after graduation and were told they did not pass some courses.
Let the court decide his case if people are satisfy with ABU VC clarification.
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by donbenie(m): 4:50pm On Mar 27, 2017
wellmax:
So a whole first generation university requires its VC to come confirm that a student graduated from the institution.

Big shame on ABU

We sure have a long way to go.

He was summoned by the Senate to appear before it to clarify the issue..are you saying he's too big to appear before the Senate?
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 27, 2017
Bants:

there is a lot of factor if i asked you when u finished primary school you might be able to give me an accurate result...it might just be a mix up but did he go university which is the main subject...yes he did mix up of date is nothing major

no work wil ask yu of hw u finish primary school ,,because they knw u aint conscious enuf then.
the year human beings can forget in there life,,, birth ,,marriage,,yr u had ur child n of ofcus no one forgets yr they graduate or serve ..even world olodo cannt mix it up xcept decity purposes..
the true is out,,dino cup of tea for the whole as moved on .
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by wellmax(m): 4:54pm On Mar 27, 2017
donbenie:
He was summoned by the Senate to appear before it to clarify the issue..are you saying he's too big to appear before the Senate?
To clearify that a particular student graduated from his school?
What happened to writing the registra.
Will they also invite London School of Economics?
Will the Senate also invite Harvard?

Forget it bro, our universities have lost respect and credence.
Re: Ibrahim Garba Confirms That Dino Melaye Graduated From ABU In The Year 2000 by BlueRayDick: 4:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
hitman2911:

I think the VC clarifications disappointed lot of people who wanted Dino nailed. The reality is that Dino has skeletons in his cupboard.
Absence of Dino's name on ABU alumni site is not a justification to say he did not graduate from ABU.
As an ABU alumnus,Dino's case made me checked my record and that of my course mates unfortunately I discovered many mistakes.
Some names were missing, wrong spellings and wrong year of graduation.
Our system has lot of problems. I know friends who could not get a complete transcripts in ABU years after graduation and were told they did not pass some courses.
Let the court decide his case if people are satisfy with ABU VC clarification.

This has nothing to do with disappointment. The school promised to make clarifications about the scandal last week, only to keep mute at the end of the week.The University's spokesperson could have dispelled the whole rumour with a press statement, but no he didn't. now the VC comes all the way from zaria to Abuja just to say he graduated after the lapse of time might have affected the authenticity of the info he is bringing. Smh It just showed how even the academia is far more decayed than the political class

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gov Ayade Loses Senate Bid As PDP's Jarigbe Clinches Seat / Governor Wike Reacts To The Killing Of "Arrested Disarmed" Robbers By SARS / Aminu Atiku Abubakar Freed By Court, Grants Wife Custody Of Children (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.