Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? (33554 Views)

Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich / Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by baby124: 7:09pm On Apr 10, 2017
AreaFada2:

This is medicine. not speculation.

You think everyone on NL is just talks anyhow? Some people here on NL actually do cutting-edge stuff.

So you have no idea people actually research into this? Yes people do. The new developments and progress we have to rely on the West do do not come by way of miracle, but sheer hard work & dedication. Over decades.

No wonder we Africans are so much in the dark.

It certainly won't make any sense to you. Because using education to enlighten oneself about scientific advancement is hardly the way of many of us Africans. We rather seek miracles instead.

Check census figures for countries and see the breakdown by gender.

Anyway, I am not writing to convince you. I'm writing for those scientifically minded/progressive people silently reading here. Those that would actually go and find out about what I have mentioned here.
Africans are so much in the dark because of people like you that believe in having sex everywhere. Rather than devoting time to building your children and giving them a good quality of life. Not having so many kids that lack the care and attention kids need. They end up with bitter nuisances who their brain development have been stalled from the trauma of such a life. They learn to be desperate to survive, not content. This is what causes the ills and immoral behavior all over Africa today. You scientific jargon is largely false and desperate.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 10, 2017
AreaFada2:

Hahahahaha.

Like a typical African, we quote God, God, God.

Look God gave us everything we need to excel and help ourselves . Heaven helps those who help themselves.

Does it not surprise you that in a country full of pastors, Imams, deacons, deaconneses, JPs, Alhajis, our president has to go to UK to treat anaemia? A place that puts logic, science & research first, and religion a private thing?grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

I have no doubt that given a chance you would prefer to be treated if seriously ill by Western medics who may not even believe in God than local ones that may not believe in God.

It is because we have use religion t abdicate our duties

Sorry I'm not a typical nigerian hypocritical Christian. yes the reason why naija will remain like this forever is because her citizens worship men & money instead of God .They don't fear God but very religious ritualists. They killed their conscience so much that you are seen as the fool when you do good to be different. Many of them worship God with their lips. I do not see any pastor as my mentor. By the power mercy & grace of Almighty God through Christ, can't remember the years I fall sick let alone visiting hospital or chemist God forbid! I must be a privilege child of the Almighty God.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by AreaFada2: 7:28pm On Apr 10, 2017
baby124:

Africans are so much in the dark because of people like you that believe in having sex everywhere. Rather than devoting time to building your children and giving them a good quality of life. Not having so many kids that lack the care and attention kids need. They end up with bitter nuisances who their brain development have been stalled from the trauma of such a life. They learn to be desperate to survive, not content. This is what causes the ills and immoral behavior all over Africa today. You scientific jargon is largely false and desperate.

Really? How do you know that?

My graddad was monogamous even around 1899. My dad is monogamous too. How do you know for certain what my preferences are?

My kids live in an environment 90% African kids do not have. With the best education, healthcare, life prospects like future employments, etc. Even your president had to use scarce forex to seek similar healthcare. Lol!

I can see that everything you say is in sheer ignorance.

Because I raise issues that exist in Nigeria that people like you chose to be hypocritical about doesn't mean that is my way.

Someone like you only care about your narrow personal interest. Sorry, the world does not revolve around anyone of us only.

Believe it or not, the ladies who sleep with those men would not do it if they had better propositions. They would also not get pregnant anyhow if they were empowered to look after themselves better. That should be your fight. Not to speculate about the lives of people you do not know.

If you have any personal anger against any man who may have used you, please take your anger there o. grin cheesy

Peace.

Please explain what is wrong with my scientific jargon madam. Thank you.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 10, 2017
I guess you're talking about non-Christians.

it's just easier and stressfree to marry one wife this days. Plus financial obligations.

4 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by baby124: 7:34pm On Apr 10, 2017
AreaFada2:

Really? How do you know that?

My graddad was monogamous even around 1899. My dad is monogamous too. How do you know for certain what my preferences are?

My kids live in an environment 90% African kids do not have. With the best education, healthcare, life prospects like future employments, etc. Even your president had to use scarce forex to seek similar healthcare. Lol!

I can see that everything you say is in sheer ignorance.

Because I raise issues that exist in Nigeria that people like you chose to be hypocritical about doesn't mean that is my way.

Someone like only care about your narrow personal interest. Sorry, the world does not revolve around anyone of us only.

Believe it or not, the ladies who sleep with those men would not do it if they had better propositions. They would also not get pregnant anyhow if they were empowered to look after themselves better. That should be your fight. Not to speculate about the lives of people you do not know.

If you have any personal anger against any man who may have used you, please take your anger there o. grin cheesy

Peace.

Please explain what is wrong with my scientific jargon madam. Thank you.
Don't appear to support or advise on issues you will not take yourself. You call me hypocritical, but you are showing big signs of hypocrisy and you are just talking on this topic for talking sake. If your grand father was polygamous, do you think you will have the opportunities you have today? The chances of that are slim as he will be spread too thin to provide for your father, who in turn was able to provide for you. Try to give advise you will take yourself. Cheers.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by AreaFada2: 7:38pm On Apr 10, 2017
eee777:

Sorry I'm not a typical nigerian hypocritical Christian. yes the reason why naija will remain like this forever is because her citizens worship men & money instead of God .They don't fear God but very religious ritualists. They killed their conscience so much that you are seen as the fool when you do good to be different. Many of them worship God with their lips. I do not see any pastor as my mentor. By the power mercy & grace of Almighty God through Christ, can't remember the years I fall sick let alone visiting hospital or chemist God forbid! I must be a privilege child of the Almighty God.

I thank God for your health. But from my personal experience, most patients (especially chronic ones) are elderly people.

My dear being ill is not because one is not favoured by God. Or one is a sinner. It is one major problem we have with many people from Southern hemisphere. They stigmatise illness and many refuse to come forward early. It makes work more difficult.

A very healthy person in youth up to middle age or even 60 plus can later enjoy less good health.

There is something patients argue often. Africans will most likely do because of lower life expectancy generally.

When you tell them cancer is an illness of old age , they say "but I know a man of 35 who died of cancer".

Yes, it happens but not the norm. Most patients are older people.

I wish you more good health.

5 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 15, 2017
AreaFada2:

When you tell them cancer is an illness of old age , they say "but I know a man of 35 who died of cancer".

Yes, it happens but not the norm. Most patients are older people.

I wish you more good health.

I remember growing up as a young boy & coming back from primary or secondary school you see healthy aged fathers & mothers in their 90s & 100 but sadly in our time it is rare. most of the things we eat these days are poisons but to us we are enjoying.

I know that line always use by nigerians. If someone dies of a kidney disease for example & you tell them mind the way you drink & the junks you eat. they quickly point a person that just died of the disease who didn't do any of those stuff . that is naija. some even use the line "something must kill a man" . for me I believe in divine health & not against people getting sick & visiting hospital
We can only do our part & allow God do the rest but we do nothing & waiting for miracles & instant gratification

Big Amen to the bolded & I wish you too good health always

I've been secretly reading your post for years . keep it up

2 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Destined2win: 10:08am On Apr 15, 2017
bukatyne:

God designed one man to marry one woman.

The population of men/women in the whole world is balanced enough to ensure everyone who desires marriage is paired off.

Wow. I so love you for this comment

1 Like

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 15, 2017
TrumporIdie:
Men hardly marry more than one wife nowadays? could it be westernization or modernization?
Men refuse to marry more than one wife but cheat on their wives with one or more women outside the home, why is this so? isnt it better to bring in the woman you are sleeping with into the house as a 2nd wife? why not legalize the deal and take that woman off the market by making her Mrs., instead of widening her vagina all in the name of relationship and later on abandoning her?

Today we have ladies in their 30s roaming the streets in search of husbands, any man who says hi to them, they see as a potential husband, guys, you have a duty to take these ladies off the streets, not just to the sheets.

Make it legal today, make your concubine your wife to prevent future curses on your life and generation.

Bia! Op mind yourself o
No be only take them off streets. There are lots of single men out there single ladies can Marry from. If and only if they decide to work with the single upcoming guy.. Not looking for a cosy ready made home to attach themselves in.
WTF!

I come from a polygamous home and it was hell on earth. Thank God have broken free from my family entanglements .

3 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Intelcorei7: 9:07pm On Apr 15, 2017
TrumporIdie:
Men hardly marry more than one wife nowadays? could it be westernization or modernization?
Men refuse to marry more than one wife but cheat on their wives with one or more women outside the home, why is this so? isnt it better to bring in the woman you are sleeping with into the house as a 2nd wife? why not legalize the deal and take that woman off the market by making her Mrs., instead of widening her vagina all in the name of relationship and later on abandoning her?

Today we have ladies in their 30s roaming the streets in search of husbands, any man who says hi to them, they see as a potential husband, guys, you have a duty to take these ladies off the streets, not just to the sheets.

Make it legal today, make your concubine your wife to prevent future curses on your life and generation.

See the genuine reason here : https://www.nairaland.com/3712311/before-marry-second-wife-photo
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 15, 2017
Because APC is in government!

1 Like

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Abojupupa: 9:08pm On Apr 15, 2017
TrumporIdie:

Who says? I'm waiting for them to toast me first.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Vince77(m): 9:08pm On Apr 15, 2017
Just when you think you have seen and heard it all.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 15, 2017
Actually planning taking a 2nd wife this year. Most women this days ain't loyal, my wife have made life unbearable for me since I told her I want to get her a sister and a companion. But definitely by the end of this year I must. Actually plan marrying three from d three different tribes. My first wife is Ibo which makes easier because Ibo's hate d second wife stuff.

4 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Jengem: 9:10pm On Apr 15, 2017
bukatyne:

God designed one man to marry one woman.

The population of men/women in the whole world is balanced enough to ensure everyone who desires marriage is paired off.

Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by VirginFinder: 9:10pm On Apr 15, 2017
AreaFada2:

That is very subjective. There are also nuclear monogamous families with three or four kids. They still fight dirty when their rich patriarch kicks the bucket.

Most 9ja families are basically dysfunctional. Monogamous or polygamous. Looking back at what I saw around me growing up. Including homes of profs with foreign wives then. Although most people got used to it that way and never consider own family as dysfunctional. Only that OBJ is a public figure and we got to know.

Cheaper yes, easier it depends, enjoyable not so straightforward.

I see a lot of hypocrisy in our system. The vast majority of men: civil servants, pastors, Imams, soldiers, bankers, doctors, lawyers, mechanics, bus drivers and all have one or several girlfriends/concubines outside.

Were our ancestors who did the honourable thing by marrying the women not far more honest?

Who will marry the excess women in the system if all men just marry one?

The multiple gfs/concubines system is masking or at least temporarily solving potential social problems. Because if not, many women would be economically & amorously far worse off.

For the record, my granddad was monogamous, my dad too. So I'm not here defending family tradition or my own lifestyle.

Just because we might prefer one lifestyle doesn't mean we should prescribe that as the absolute best.

How would you address the matter of millions of women that would have no man if all men stuck to one woman only? Go to sperm bank for a baby? Buy a robot lover? Turn lesbian? shocked shocked

It is like telling female students to stop multiple dating/aristos, without govt bursary or adequate student package provided by state or FG.
Desirable as might be, it just won't work because there are too many poor people and a few greedy ones. Many will simply not complete their studies. Period.

We must consider these things first.

@bolded

It's outright falsehood that there are more women than men. The reverse is actually the case. The last census results will guide you. angry

The problem is that all categories of women - the good, the bad and the ugly - all want tall/dark/rich/handsome/comfortable/responsible men which are very few in number. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by KINGOZEK(m): 9:11pm On Apr 15, 2017
Nice topic many are afraid of unknown

Stop weak erection now and Low sperm Count and Last longer in bed naturally www.fertilitycure.com.ng/malecure1.html
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by menstrualpad: 9:12pm On Apr 15, 2017
QueenSuccubus:
grin

A lot of men juz wanna nibble all kinds of HU_HA they can pick up from the street, bars, parks even in the church but doesn't mean they wanna commit themselves in a serious relationship...and the worse thing a lot of these young men are admiring superstars & follow their footsteps of have baby mamas in every state but they can't afford to pay a child support angry
You sound very bitter

1 Like

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by YelloweWest: 9:12pm On Apr 15, 2017
Because we are Christians and it's not allowed undecided

Because one wife is enough trouble

Because women don't like to share

3 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Philinho(m): 9:12pm On Apr 15, 2017
if they're to divide a woman,I'll marry a half
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by DeRay98(m): 9:12pm On Apr 15, 2017
TrumporIdie:
nice one.

whats the meaning of the logo on your dp?

She's a demon

1 Like

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:13pm On Apr 15, 2017
Because there are more men than women. If you marry more than one woman, which ones will other men marry?

3 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Intelcorei7: 9:15pm On Apr 15, 2017
TrumporIdie:

See the reason here :https://www.nairaland.com/3712311/before-marry-second-wife-photo
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 9:15pm On Apr 15, 2017
One problem is enough Abeg
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 15, 2017
WTF!I will rather remain single that share dick with my fellow gender,that is rubbish.Mi o raye oshi

3 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 15, 2017
No money lah
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by abbeyty(m): 9:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
yomi007k:
grin

No money to even marry one- u dey say 2 or 3.

Alakoba

lol
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by dragonking3: 9:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
AreaFada2:

Hahahahaha.

Like a typical African, we quote God, God, God.

Look God gave us everything we need to excel and help ourselves . Heaven helps those who help themselves.

Does it not surprise you that in a country full of pastors, Imams, deacons, deaconneses, JPs, Alhajis, our president has to go to UK to treat anaemia? A place that puts logic, science & research first, and religion a private thing?grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

I have no doubt that given a chance you would prefer to be treated if seriously ill by Western medics who may not even believe in God than local ones that may double as pastors or deacons. cheesy

It is because we have used religion to abdicate our duties.
You deserve a presidential handshake for this comment. Men are actually created to marry more than one wife but due to situations were the man is unable to take care of the children is what pushed people to marry only one wife.

3 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by YelloweWest: 9:18pm On Apr 15, 2017
seyigiggle:

yes it is. you don't have to share your husband as in Islam.
If I have nothing to thank God for at least I thank Him for bringing me into a Christian family!!!

I wonder what moslem women go through.... how do they cope with sharing embarassed
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by DeRay98(m): 9:18pm On Apr 15, 2017
QueenSuccubus:
grin

A lot of men juz wanna nibble all kinds of HU_HA they can pick up from the street, bars, parks even in the church but doesn't mean they wanna commit themselves in a serious relationship...and the worse thing a lot of these young men are admiring superstars & follow their footsteps of have baby mamas in every state but they can't afford to pay a child support angry

Baby Mamas re the result of ambitious girls attempts to use pregnancy to trap a guy they are in love with and desire to keep yet they are not certain the guy 'll willingly take them to the altar.
If a guy didn't consent to having babies with why blame him for failed attempt to trap him.?
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by BABANGBALI: 9:19pm On Apr 15, 2017
Who tolded you that we stops?i just tooked my third wife three month ago. Mtcheeeeeeew

1 Like

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by yomi007k(m): 9:19pm On Apr 15, 2017
abbeyty:

lol
grin

U seff laff...but na true nau.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Many Of You Did This During Christmas / Man Seeks Divorce, Over Wife’s Frigidity And Oversleeps / Man 'fights' His Late Father For Including His Female Children In His Will

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.