Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? (33556 Views)

Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich / Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 16, 2017
okanlawon94:
Calm down bro,have u follow me to d brothel b4

Trust me, you don't want to be in the same zipcode with me if I'm not calm.

Also, I don't need to follow you to hotels. Your words that you typed on her gave a hint as to the quality of women that you associate with.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by miredia(m): 7:39pm On Apr 16, 2017
baby124:

Africans are so much in the dark because of people like you that believe in having sex everywhere. Rather than devoting time to building your children and giving them a good quality of life. Not having so many kids that lack the care and attention kids need. They end up with bitter nuisances who their brain development have been stalled from the trauma of such a life. They learn to be desperate to survive, not content. This is what causes the ills and immoral behavior all over Africa today. You scientific jargon is largely false and desperate.
So Africans are in the dark because of sex....smh. Do you have the slightest idea of the spate of reckless sex in the United States; a pioneer in technological and scientific breakthroughs. Engaging some women in some discourse can quickly become emotionally ridden and mind-draining.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by miredia(m): 7:46pm On Apr 16, 2017
AreaFada2:

Really? How do you know that?

My graddad was monogamous even around 1899. My dad is monogamous too. How do you know for certain what my preferences are?

My kids live in an environment 90% African kids do not have. With the best education, healthcare, life prospects like future employments, etc. Even your president had to use scarce forex to seek similar healthcare. Lol!

I can see that everything you say is in sheer ignorance.

Because I raise issues that exist in Nigeria that people like you chose to be hypocritical about doesn't mean that is my way.

Someone like you only care about your narrow personal interest. Sorry, the world does not revolve around anyone of us only.

Believe it or not, the ladies who sleep with those men would not do it if they had better propositions. They would also not get pregnant anyhow if they were empowered to look after themselves better. That should be your fight. Not to speculate about the lives of people you do not know.

If you have any personal anger against any man who may have used you, please take your anger there o. grin cheesy

Peace.

Please explain what is wrong with my scientific jargon madam. Thank you.
You are clearly oblivious of the lack of logic women display when it concerns matters that tend to directly or indirectly affect their emotions. You're going on a futile journey with sentiment laced lady; which is typical by the way.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 16, 2017
Lilyqueeny:
sincere4u what do you have to say
There's really nothing that i know that prohibits polygamy(maybe some churches do) yet we know the modern trend is monogamy.

First, i think monogamy is a matter of choice. For instance polygamy had never crossed my mind. All my life, all i think is my future wife and not my wives. People born in monogamous homes prefer monogamy.

A second reason i believe is that economic factors are increasingly becoming determinants of how many wives men marry even where religion grants the privilege of marrying more.

Another reason i can think of is that even where there is money to marry more, the beauty of a one man to one woman relationship is increasingly becoming preferable to men when you think of the problems that come with polygamy. A lot of these problems are things money can not solve.

There are many reasons but i wish to make the next my final point because it highlights the fact that women are also determinants of this trend.

Unlike in the olden days, today's woman is More independent of the man and less subservient.
They are more educated than any other time in history and have the full capacity to determine who they want to marry and how they want their homes to be.
We know that men will not want to share one woman as wife. Most women will not also want to share one man as a common husband except in rare cases.
What i am stating is that it's increasingly becoming difficult to find a decent woman to marry as a second wife after a first. Even where her parents welcome the idea, she can decide she doesn't want to be second wife to any man and nobody can force her. Women now exercise an authority they never had before.
Lets take for instance, should i wake up from the wrong side of my bed one morning and tell you i want to marry you and your twin sister together, one can be sure i may not survive what you'll unleash.(Don't get me wrong, this is just an example o, a kinda joke.)
With the above example in mind, you can clearly see man are not the only reason for monogamy becoming the order of the day. Women are also hugely responsible for that.
Just think about it, not many married ladies will welcome the idea of a second wife.
Trouble lies in wait for the man that gets a second wife.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 16, 2017
in the old times it was a necessity , because wars ! battles with 10 thousand deads , when all the men of a village went to war , in a battle when 500 mans only return to the village from 10.000 sent , you can imagine how many Widows and orphans , it was a necessity to take 3 , 4 wifes , in arabs wars for exemple , after a war men married the window of their dead friends to protect the wife and their childrens .

but now days , when you see in all countries in the world statistics of male femals ratio , its approximatively 50% / 50% , so one wife is enough
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by richkal(m): 9:55pm On Apr 16, 2017
psucc:
Guy Christianity apart, any man that can manage a woman for one full week without a sigh, is the ideal Christian.

In fact the more women you marry, the more your days are numbered.

After the creation of man on the 6th day, God rested from his works on the 7th day but since the creation of woman, [/b] neither God [b] nor His creation rested.

Fear them that you may live.

If you can show repect to fellow human being, At least you need to show repect to ALMIGHTY GOD. When was the last time you heard GOD complaining about women??
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Trustworthiness: 9:56pm On Apr 16, 2017
baby124:

Africans are so much in the dark because of people like you that believe in having sex everywhere. Rather than devoting time to building your children and giving them a good quality of life. Not having so many kids that lack the care and attention kids need. They end up with bitter nuisances who their brain development have been stalled from the trauma of such a life. They learn to be desperate to survive, not content. This is what causes the ills and immoral behavior all over Africa today. You scientific jargon is largely false and desperate.

Personally, the guy is talking sense. Marrying more than one wives does not mean more children. You can have two wives and not more than 4 children.

I have seen a man with three wives having only 7 children.

1 Like

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Thecassanova: 11:01pm On Apr 16, 2017
tintingz:

You guys are just spewing rubbish, you didn't even provide references to your biological claim that X-linked dominant inheritance affected gender ratio, claiming women are more than men.

According to Wikipedia the report said:

X-linked dominant traits do not necessarily affect males more than females (unlike X-linked recessive traits). The exact pattern of inheritance varies, depending on whether the father or the mother has the trait of interest. All daughters of an affected father will also be affected but none of his sons will be affected (unless the mother is also affected).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-linked_dominant_inheritance

Your claims that X-linked inheritance affected male depopulation is not true but fallacies, what i know is that men die early than female due to diseases, stroke etc.

The only time men are more than women are during past wars where men only goes for wars, today there are no much wars like the past and women are even joining the military. The authorized stats said men are more than women.

This is from United Nation report:

According to United Nations, Sex ratio of world in 2015 is 101.70. It means that World has 101.70 males for each 100 females or 98.33 females for each 100 males. In absolute terms, World has 61,591,853 more males population than females population
http://statisticstimes.com/population/countries-by-sex-ratio.php

The statistics here from United Nation shows men are more than women, you should provide your evidence from authorized organization that said women are more than men if you can't then all what you posted are fallacies and lies and kindly keep shut.
I think you must be high for spamming my mention with this long irrelevant quote. Where in my post did I talked about woman & man population? If u were smart you'd see I bolded the part I contributed and elaborated on it has I was really interested in the XY chromosome using a veritable clearer example. And I commended his knowledge. Where in my post was I equating chromosomes to male female ratio??

You asked for proof for my claims, I think u must be really dull not to know this from basic biology & if you ain't bright how long would it take to find out has that's what u know best. U must be jobless to think everyone have the time to while their lives on social media and provide references to justify their ego like their life depends on it.

U that claim to be wise with all the proof in your pocket, have u calculated the percentage of male:female ratio in prisons? If ur assertion claims to be so true how come the population of male is more than female, how is it gonna balance up, do u mean female should marry 2-3 man ?? Because who's gonna marry the left over man. Ok now woman should marry 2 or 3 husband because the UN says the male population is more than female, so it would be unfair on the males.

Sometimes u just need to use ur head and critical thinking, not u filled with people showing evidences while u have all the references in the world and can't equate it with normal sense.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by okanlawon94(m): 11:01pm On Apr 16, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Trust me, you don't want to be in the same zipcode with me if I'm not calm.

Also, I don't need to follow you to hotels. Your words that you typed on her gave a hint as to the quality of women that you associate with.
Mr Moqaji . .kiide
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 17, 2017
okanlawon94:
Mr Moqaji . .kiide

Apologies extended.

I was hungry but I'm okay now grin

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Dreyl(m): 6:07am On Apr 17, 2017
cococandy:
Who's stopping your depraved asses from marrying more than one wife?
It's usually the ones who can't even feed themselves that like to carry this matter for head. Mtchew
Hey grin
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by tintingz(m): 6:33am On Apr 17, 2017
Thecassanova:

I think you must be high for spamming my mention with this long irrelevant quote. Where in my post did I talked about woman & man population? If u were smart you'd see I bolded the part I contributed and elaborated on it has I was really interested in the XY chromosome using a veritable clearer example. And I commended his knowledge. Where in my post was I equating chromosomes to male female ratio??
That was your aim, which I trashed. You guys believe genetic disorder affect a particular gender depopulation not knowing that both gender are prone to genetic disorder. Nature has a way of balancing things and there is also gender populaton imbalance.

You asked for proof for my claims, I think u must be really dull not to know this from basic biology & if you ain't bright how long would it take to find out has that's what u know best. U must be jobless to think everyone have the time to while their lives on social media and provide references to justify their ego like their life depends on it.
Where is the evidence it affect depopulation of men, that was what I asked.

U that claim to be wise with all the proof in your pocket, have u calculated the percentage of male:female ratio in prisons? If ur assertion claims to be so true how come the population of male is more than female, how is it gonna balance up, do u mean female should marry 2-3 man ?? Because who's gonna marry the left over man. Ok now woman should marry 2 or 3 husband because the UN says the male population is more than female, so it would be unfair on the males.
This is most irrational post of you, are you saying some prisoners are not married before they were convicted? The female prisoners nko? Are they not added to depopulation of their gender?

I'm not a pro-polygamist even though I see nothing wrong if one decide to have multiple husbands or wives. So no where I made the claims that women should marry more than one husband because UN said men are more than women.

Sometimes u just need to use ur head and critical thinking, not u filled with people showing evidences while u have all the references in the world and can't equate it with normal sense.
When you're in a debate or court room wont you provide references and evidence to your arguments?
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by cococandy(f): 7:31am On Apr 17, 2017
Dreyl:
Hey grin
hey
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Dreyl(m): 7:34am On Apr 17, 2017
cococandy:
hey
Longest time, how are you?
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by mikolo80: 8:56am On Apr 17, 2017
delishpot:

If that is all you take marriage for............You must be a useless husband. When the elders are talking about HUSBANDS no dare open mouth talk. You ain't man enough! grin grin grin
what else does a husband suppose to do?
name 1 other thing.
you can't.
that's how you make simple matter into wife battery, other woman or divorce. cos of stupidity looking for wetin no miss
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by delishpot: 11:10am On Apr 17, 2017
mikolo80:
what else does a husband suppose to do?
name 1 other thing.
you can't.
that's how you make simple matter into wife battery, other woman or divorce. cos of stupidity looking for wetin no miss

grin grin
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by mikolo80: 11:40am On Apr 17, 2017
delishpot:

grin grin
no do emoji. talk, wetin? you sef see say you no get argument
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by okanlawon94(m): 12:03pm On Apr 17, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Apologies extended.
I was hungry but I'm okay now grin

Hahahaha eequn buruku

1 Like

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Fkforyou(m): 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2017
Yes, I would marry more than one wife if I so desire.

Although I would be contented with one wife.

I'm not saving any woman from spinsterhood, I'm doing it because I desire it.

1 Like

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by delishpot: 8:35pm On Apr 17, 2017
mikolo80:
no do emoji. talk, wetin? you sef see say you no get argument

I no get you power o. I don hear your own grin grin grin
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by liyasignature: 11:30pm On Apr 17, 2017
Newly arrive UK used wood cot with Mattress available at a cheap price.
Whatsapp : 08155572974

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by mikolo80: 1:24am On Apr 18, 2017
delishpot:

I no get you power o. I don hear your own grin grin grin
so why you de throw insult without backup
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by delishpot: 7:04am On Apr 18, 2017
mikolo80:
so why you de throw insult without backup

I say I don hear you na? Haba, you be woman wrapper o. Bla bla bla bla bla....I Don tell you say you nor be man enough and I no fit discuss anything with you. Why you come dey act like woman wrapper upandan follow me like this na? I say I don hear your own. Abeg leave me naaaaa,!! Na by force? You say fir ya village, men dey marry only because of sex while una girls dey marry only because dem need man to house and feed them ba? Oya, Í don hear you.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by mikolo80: 8:45pm On Apr 18, 2017
delishpot:

I say I don hear you na? Haba, you be woman wrapper o. Bla bla bla bla bla....I Don tell you say you nor be man enough and I no fit discuss anything with you. Why you come dey act like woman wrapper upandan follow me like this na? I say I don hear your own. Abeg leave me naaaaa,!! Na by force? You say fir ya village, men dey marry only because of sex while una girls dey marry only because dem need man to house and feed them ba? Oya, Í don hear you.
before nko. na man wrapper I for be. anyway believe what you want. wetin concine me.besides, why you sef no gree leave me
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by delishpot: 8:46pm On Apr 18, 2017
mikolo80:
before nko. na man wrapper I for be. anyway believe what you want. wetin concine me

Bros, goorifning sir! Hope today was very good to you? cool
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by mikolo80: 8:56pm On Apr 18, 2017
delishpot:

Bros, goorifning sir! Hope today was very good to you? cool
we thank God.the huzzle Kwantinue
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by delishpot: 8:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
mikolo80:
we thank God.the huzzle Kwantinue

E go better bros.... Intact sef E DON BETTER! na physical confirmation remain o wink
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by mikolo80: 8:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
delishpot:

E go better bros.... Intact sef E DON BETTER! na physical confirmation remain o wink
amen, same to you

1 Like

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2017
Visit this thread to read interesting submissions on matters arising in polygyny, like: Is it advisable for the first and second wife to live together? ; should a man that is not capable of fulfilling the sexual needs of the first wife take a second wife?
https://www.nairaland.com/4112695/polygyny-should-live-second-wife#61411074
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by pointblank247(m): 4:38pm On Oct 14, 2017
ladies to cut the long story short. i am a handsome married christian man from the east and my wife knows that i want to marry a second wife., if you like the arrengment and you are not more than 35 and educated just let me know. you dont need to be working but be employable by self or otherwise. no jokes pls . i also do not mind where you come from or even your religion but you must join me in my church.

1 Like

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by efficiencie(m): 8:50pm On May 24, 2019
Marrying more than one wife will be okay if each woman can be inhumane enough to endure sharing their man...but if women will be women, with their natural instincts, I tell you an attempt to marry more than one wife will result in the replay of the battle of Musanga only that the battle will be happening right inside your home...Imagine a multi-phase-socket, with 5 appliances plugged to it at the same time. You and I both know what will happen to that socket last last...e go condemn! So if you don't want ya life to condemn, keep one and pray to GOD to give you the grace to even cope with that one... grin
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by efficiencie(m): 9:03pm On May 24, 2019
lekropasky:

Itaranenije (self deceit). I wonder why people think it's possible for a man to stay with a single woman all his life. It's either he marries more, or have a concubine. Take it or Leave it it.

Not all men are dogs sir...According to all abrahamic religions Adam did not have more than one wife even if he lived over 900 years. Elijah according to the abrahamic religions did not even have a wife at all, same with Daniel. Job according to Judaism and Christianity did not have more than one wife. Ezekiel according to Judaism and Christianity did not have more than one wife. Same with Isaiah. That one lunatic woke one morning claiming to be from GOD and marrying women ranging from the age of 6 years of age to women much older than 40 does not make it an enviable norm.

Not all men are dogs...hunting bitches all day!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Many Of You Did This During Christmas / Man 'fights' His Late Father For Including His Female Children In His Will / Man Seeks Divorce, Over Wife’s Frigidity And Oversleeps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.