Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? (33555 Views)

Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich / Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by tintingz(m): 9:29am On Apr 16, 2017
onegig:

You are muddling up everything. Yeah men maybe more than women but there are more women of marriageable age than men. An average female is ready for marriage as early as age 16 in most cultures while her male counterpart is just starting out life and may not be ready till he reaches the age of 28 or even early 30s. The society expects men to be providers of the family and i doubt you would have a 16 year old guy or even a 21 year old guy who's ready to shoulder the responsibility of catering for a family.

Meanwhile you have millions of ladies at that age already ready for marriage which akews the balance thus making it that there are much more available ladies for marriage than there are capable men willing to start a family.
This marriageable claims are just assumptions nothing to back it up, the world stats said men population are more than women, in some countries it varies.

3 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by emonis88: 9:34am On Apr 16, 2017
marrying two or more wives in this our economic situation? una want kill man finish, when our girls r out for the rich n comfortable life with no stress. even our forefathers that married more wives had some help from their wives. these ones of our time just want to sit down n sip wine , chop exotic food , ride d best cars . that y politicians n d big wigs use them like toilet paper. pay , use, dump .
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by neocortex: 10:27am On Apr 16, 2017
AreaFada2:

This is medicine, not speculation.

You think everyone on NL just talks anyhow? Some people here on NL actually do cutting-edge stuff.

So you have no idea people actually research into this? Yes people do. The new developments and progress we have to rely on the West to do, do not come by way of miracle, but sheer hard work & dedication. Over decades.

Miscarriages happen mostly because as the foetus develops, defects in vital organs (brain, heart, kidneys, etc) make it incompatible with life. The defects can have various causes like teratogenic medication, chemical exposure, radiation exposure, drug abuse/addiction, etc.

But the main cause is genetic defects which happens to affect more male foetuses. This is what researchers have found by taking & analysing DNA samples from left over of the foetuses for genetic defects linked to gender.
This point is irrelevant as more live males are born than females in every country in the world,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_sex_ratio

No wonder we Africans are so much in the dark.

It certainly won't make any sense to you. Because using education to enlighten oneself about scientific advancement is hardly the way of many of us Africans. We rather seek miracles instead.
Another point which adds nothing to the discussion, one would expect that a self-acclaimed
scientifically sound individual will know how to state his fact without muddling up the water.

Check census figures for countries and see the breakdown by gender. In light of comments that followed this piece since it was posted 6 days ago, breakdown by gender includes the age ranges (especially one in which reproductive age is covered at 15 to 64).

Another blatant misrepresentation, all birth-ratio statistics points to the fact that more male are born than female,
yet you try to confound birth ratio with survival rates of the sexes. That we have a lower number of male to female at age range
15-64 in some countries does not mean their are more female births.
Even at the age range of 15 to 64 , 60% of countries in the world have an equal or higher male to female ratio
dealing another blow to your point.

Anyway, I am not writing to convince you. I'm writing for those scientifically minded/progressive people silently reading here. Those that would actually go and find out about what I have mentioned here.
While you may be conversant with scientific research, you should realise that inferences made from data
is as important as the data itself and educating less-informed folks with the right information should
carry more weight than scoring a point.

4 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by neocortex: 10:29am On Apr 16, 2017
baby124:

Terrible, unproven conclusions. LMAO at women miscarry more male pregnancy's. My goodness, this is a desperate attempt to justify your point and you know it.

Don't mind him, he knew that it is easy to fool most Nigerians as they won't bother
to cross-check his claims and I wasn't surprised that he got many likes.

1 Like

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Slurity(m): 10:57am On Apr 16, 2017
Please remind me how much is the cost of one bag of rice in your area and I will tell why men now get sense by force.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by lekropasky(m): 11:18am On Apr 16, 2017
seyigiggle:

yes it is. you don't have to share your husband as in Islam.
Itaranenije (self deceit). I wonder why people think it's possible for a man to stay with a single woman all his life. It's either he marries more, or have a concubine. Take it or Leave it it.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by onegig(m): 11:23am On Apr 16, 2017
tintingz:
This marriageable claims are just assumptions nothing to back it up, the world stats said men population are more than women, in some countries it varies.

It is commonsense. I don't need to elaborate and expantiate. You seem to not understand the difference between population count and a sample size under scrutiny.

Out of the number of males how many make it to 25? How many are languishing in prison cells? For every single female convict, there are 10 more male convicts. Data without basic understanding and application is useless.

I finished the uni in a class of about 150 grads and out of this about 60 are ladies. At least 35 of those ladies are married and on my fingers i can count the number of fellow male colleagues who are married; prolly 10 to 15 if i am being generous. Even before my final papers we had already attended the wedding of around 5 of those ladies.

Do a survey amongst people in your street and count the number of males and females age 18 to 25 who are ready for marriage. You would be hard done to find 2 males who are ready and i am sure 7 out of 10 females in such sample size would be ready. It is not rocket science.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:40am On Apr 16, 2017
AreaFada2:

What of those who do not believe in same God you believe in?

Look around you. Do you not see more young widows than young widowers?

In war, which gender die the most? Men.

I'm not basing my submission on what you think God intended. That is your personal belief. Around 60% of world population (India, China & a larger number of Western population do not believe your God theory).

I am talking based on scientific reality of today.

There is higher population of women than men. Partly due to XY chromosome whereby X-linked diseases male inherit from mother cannot be corrected by another X chromosome like females can do. Miscarriage of male pregnancy is higher & child mortality of males is higher too. Then in adulthood war, hazardous jobs, riskier lifestyle like smoking/drinking, traffic accidents and more all reduce male population well below female's. This is a scientific fact seen around us.

We're very far from Eden where it was just Adam & Eve, driven out long ago to face all kinds of hazards. grin cheesy

In Africa, modern pentecostalism blinds us to what is under our nose korokoro. Even those who would claim to be educated. shocked shocked

Atheism
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by tintingz(m): 11:46am On Apr 16, 2017
onegig:

It is commonsense. I don't need to elaborate and expantiate. You seem to not understand the difference between population count and a sample size under scrutiny.

Out of the number of males how many make it to 25? How many are languishing in prison cells? For every single female convict, there are 10 more male convicts. Data without basic understanding and application is useless.

I finished the uni in a class of about 150 grads and out of this about 60 are ladies. At least 35 of those ladies are married and on my fingers i can count the number of fellow male colleagues who are married; prolly 10 to 15 if i am being generous. Even before my final papers we had already attended the wedding of around 5 of those ladies.

Do a survey amongst people in your street and count the number of males and females age 18 to 25 who are ready for marriage. You would be hard done to find 2 males who are ready and i am sure 7 out of 10 females in such sample size would be ready. It is not rocket science.

Your claims are still assumptions, in an engineering department there will be more males than female, in food and catering department there will be female than male, these things varies, gender imbalance occur.

Where I work is an electricity and engineering company so ofcos men are much than women, in banks women are much because of the customer care and cashiers.

You need to see the school registrar to conclude the gender population of the school.

Every male above 20 is legally in marriageable age, the ready claims does not hold water.

The authorized data from UN said men outnumber women in population, you should know census will be carried out in all field of area.

4 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by juman(m): 11:48am On Apr 16, 2017
Economy is bad.

APC is a cursed government.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by onegig(m): 12:13pm On Apr 16, 2017
tintingz:
Your claims are still assumptions, in an engineering department there will be more males than female, in food and catering department there will be female than male, this things varies, gender imbalance occur.

Where I work is an electricity and engineering company so ofcos men are much than women, in banks women are much because of the customer care and cashiers.

You need to see the school registrar to conclude the gender population of the school.

Every male above 20 is legally in marriageable age, the ready claims does not hold water.

The authorized data from UN said men outnumber women in population, you should know census will be carried out in all field of area.

Assumptions? And how many 20 year old males are getting married?

Or the fact that females get much more matured early than their male peers is an assumption? And how does field of study relate to marriageable age? Maybe you need to scroll up and read my first comment slowly.

How did the UN come to the conclusions that there are more males than females? They counted every single male and female born at every single part of the world? Huh? Maybe i emphasize the fact that no one is disputing the fact that there are morre males than females. However , how many of those males 18 to 25 are factually ready for marriage incomarison to their female peers. Also note there is a "natural pressure" on ladies to marry early so as to avoid complications during child birth while the males don't have such conditions. Put all these into consideration and maybe do an overview.

You would do well to start a little reading on what we call statistical assumptions. Since your buzz word is "assumptions".

I gave you a simple task and even backed up things with an example of a simple random sample which in fact is a scientific and statistical data but you still seem to be lost.

I give up. This seems like rocket science after all.

Enjoy your day.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by maasoap(m): 12:17pm On Apr 16, 2017
seyigiggle:

yes it is. you don't have to share your husband as in Islam.
When finish lying to yourself, let me know. There is increase in the number of Christians marrying more than one wife these days and there is decrease in the number of Muslims marrying just one wife. Just look around in your immediate environment.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by AreaFada2: 12:48pm On Apr 16, 2017
neocortex:

This point is irrelevant as more live males are born than females in every country in the world,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_sex_ratio

Another point which adds nothing to the discussion, one would expect that a self-acclaimed
scientifically sound individual will know how to state his fact without muddling up the water.

Another blatant misrepresentation, all birth-ratio statistics points to the fact that more male are born than female,
yet you try to confound birth ratio with survival rates of the sexes. That we have a lower number of male to female at age range
15-64 in some countries does not mean their are more female births.
Even at the age range of 15 to 64 , 60% of countries in the world have an equal or higher male to female ratio
dealing another blow to your point.

While you may be conversant with scientific research, you should realise that inferences made from data
is as important as the data itself and educating less-informed folks with the right information should
carry more weight than scoring a point.

I guess you jumped on the thread without knowing the context of the the submission.

It is about whether there are excess women ready for marriage or not. And the answer is that clearly, there are.
Now you said there are more males in 60% of countries, but do you put together the population of that 60% and compare to the 40%? Have you considered if 60% of Algerian population is more than 40% of Russian population for example? Interprete data carefully because it can justify anything yiu want to justify if yiu are not objective.

Allegedly Nigeria has 3 million more men than women. Has Nigeria ever conducted an acceptable census since 1950s? Was Kano population is said to be higher than Lagos even after Jigawa State was cut out of Kano. Do not forget that in many countries, census collators do not even see women harems to count, so figures from many religiously conservative developing countries are very unreliable.

Now to X-linked genetics. Of old the talk was of recessive & dominant. The "near-consensus" now if the remove that distinction because the phenotypic expression is not quite so simple. Various mechanisms have been observed such as clonal expansion, somatic mosaicism, skewing of X-linked, autonomous cell expression, etc that can even express phenotype in a female.

Now remember one thing. FEMALES carry the gene. MALES express the phenotype/disease. But unusually for reasons just mentioned before, female can in rare cases express phenotype.

The matter with journal articles is that most are done by basic scientists, They do not actually sit in clinic and see the real deal and having to deal with it.
Also you forget the pace of research. It is so fast that even articles published just a year ago may not be up to date anymore.
As an undergrad, our Western professors told us to ignore textbooks after year 1 at university except as reference books, and in Anatomy, parts of physiology/pharmocology. All essays, assignments, presentations,etc had to rely on the very latest research papers. Even though some of our profs wrote some of the books used worldwide.

This was to get used to cutting edge stuff from the earliest possible time. I would not rely on some articles you just google up. That wasn't my training.

ANECDOTE: Read about Queen Victoria of England who was a carrier of haemphilia X-linked gene, lived to age of 81 years. But through her daughters who married into virtually most European Royal families, passed haemophilia to those royal families, with devastating consequences in many cases. It is the classical case of X-linked inheritance.

You compare publications with real life experience and local surveys/research. For example, in Nigeria where there are supposed to be 3 million excess men, many in the North marry multiple wives, not rare in SW either. Why are there still so many women at Shiloh looking for men? Why are so many women still willing to marry a polygamous man? Why are some women complaining of no man? It is not enough to say they are looking for rich men or are fussy. Many cannot even find any man to tie down. grin cheesy
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by AreaFada2: 12:56pm On Apr 16, 2017
Tajbol4splend:

Atheism
Boko Haram equivalent of Christian zealots call anyone who debates and offer a differing opinion an atheist.

Normal tolerant people welcome debate and contribute meaningfully instead of name calling. tongue
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by mikolo80: 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2017
delishpot:
And who told you men with multiple wives dont cheat? Sleeping around is a product of immorality not tied to the number of wives a man marries. Ask thos Alhajis and Aristos who carry girls up and down even tho they have more than 1 wife at home.
There are obligations one has toward his wife/wives which a man who is is a skirt chaser wants to avoid by having sex with random women who he can chose to drop anyrime he wants without much drama.
which mumu obligation. he put roof over her head and fed her and her offspring. to reciprocate with ponmo, una no gree. you come fed talk obligation
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by mikolo80: 1:01pm On Apr 16, 2017
TrumporIdie:
Men hardly marry more than one wife nowadays? could it be westernization or modernization?
Men refuse to marry more than one wife but cheat on their wives with one or more women outside the home, why is this so? isnt it better to bring in the woman you are sleeping with into the house as a 2nd wife? why not legalize the deal and take that woman off the market by making her Mrs., instead of widening her vagina all in the name of relationship and later on abandoning her?

Today we have ladies in their 30s roaming the streets in search of husbands, any man who says hi to them, they see as a potential husband, guys, you have a duty to take these ladies off the streets, not just to the sheets.

Make it legal today, make your concubine your wife to prevent future curses on your life and generation.
are you drunk? these imbeciles wen go de form hard to get unless dem see Range Rover?
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 16, 2017
onegig:

You are muddling up everything. Yeah men maybe more than women but there are more women of marriageable age than men. An average female is ready for marriage as early as age 16 in most cultures while her male counterpart is just starting out life and may not be ready till he reaches the age of 28 or even early 30s. The society expects men to be providers of the family and i doubt you would have a 16 year old guy or even a 21 year old guy who's ready to shoulder the responsibility of catering for a family.

Meanwhile you have millions of ladies at that age already ready for marriage which akews the balance thus making it that there are much more available ladies for marriage than there are capable men willing to start a family.

"Ready for marriage at 16 in most cultures"? Post stats to support this or kindly hold your speech. This statement is false, prove me wrong

4 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 16, 2017
onegig:

Or the fact that females get much more matured early than their male peers is an assumption? And how does field of study relate to marriageable age? Maybe you need to scroll up and read my first comment slowly.

How did the UN come to the conclusions that there are more males than females? They counted every single male and female born at every single part of the world? Huh? Maybe i emphasize the fact that no one is disputing the fact that there are morre males than females. However , how many of those males 18 to 25 are factually ready for marriage incomarison to their female peers. Also note there is a "natural pressure" on ladies to marry early so as to avoid complications during child birth while the males don't have such conditions. Put all these into consideration and maybe do an overview.

You would do well to start a little reading on what we call statistical assumptions. Since your buzz word is "assumptions".

I gave you a simple task and even backed up things with an example of a simple random sample which in fact is a scientific and statistical data but you still seem to be lost.

Enjoy your day.

There are more males than female, a simple research will help solve this puzzle for you

1 Like

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:44pm On Apr 16, 2017
AreaFada2:

Boko Haram equivalent of Christian zealots call anyone who debates and offer a differing opinion an atheist.

Normal tolerant people welcome debate and contribute meaningfully instead of name calling. tongue

Who called you atheist
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by tintingz(m): 2:56pm On Apr 16, 2017
onegig:

Your claims will always be assumption as far you didn't provided evidences to your claims.

Are you saying there are no males at 20yrs old getting married? Since male outnumbered female in population, there are more male for every female, I don't know why you keep saying 20yrs old guys are not getting married, is it because of responsibility? What If the govt fund people finacially?

Lol, So when a female is matured physically she is ready for marriage but when it is male he's not ready? You can see our irrational you sound grin

What I meant by "all field of areas" means all places will be counted into data population.

Now I can see you are ignorant, so you dont know how UN get thier data? And you forming mister science. cheesy

Let me educate you a little, UN get thier population data from each country conducted census exercise(i dont know if you exist when census was being carried out), after the census group collated the datas just it like it is done during election, each country will send thier data to UN and it will be compiled together to know the population of the world.

Secondly, it is only here in Africa and among Arab countries women are pressure to marry early, in the western world there is nothing like marriage pressure, Oprah Winfrey is not married and no one cares.

Like have said there are more males for every female, even if they are not married they are probably dating their girlfriends. wink

I don't do assumptions, I do fact and evidence, you can't use assumptions to argue or debate, it is not done anywhere.

Lol, please remove scientific and statistical from there, your claims are mere fallacies, science deals with practical and evidence through observation and experiment. So oga where is your scientific and statistical evidence/references?

Enjoy your day.
Your post are nothing but fallacies and assumptions, i have knowledge in science, if you want to argue about science let do it.

And have a good day as well.

3 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by purple3091: 3:00pm On Apr 16, 2017
More like men made a system in the past(which is still prevelant tho less)that benefited them,kept women dependent on them and could use,sell,rape and basically do whatever they wanted to woman..but with woman empowerment came the increase of education of female and decrease of things like toleration of bad&unfair treatment...nowadays a woman(some priviledged enough to get education/fair family) can even get whatever she wants,and live her life better than foremothers could..CONCLUSION is increase of female education+empowerment is the reason,and happpy for it..that is why in countries where women are controlled by men their is more polygyny....btw OP your point of cheating doesnt make sense in reference to marriage because many married woman cheat,so using your logic means they should get married to all the men they have sex with...stop being emotional..sex=\=marriage...false equivalence of sex equals wanting to marry that person

1 Like

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by neocortex: 3:03pm On Apr 16, 2017
[quote author=AreaFada2 post=55615552]

Merely looking at the ratio of male to female for the top ten most populous countries,
it can be seen that 5 of them making a total population of 3.2 billion people(42% of world's
population) have more males than females. I think that is instructive enough if you wish to
dig deeper into the data.

It is about whether there are excess women ready for marriage or not. And the answer is that clearly, there are.
Now you said there are more males in 60% of countries, but do you put together the population of that 60% and compare to the 40%? Have you considered if 60% of Algerian population is more than 40% of Russian population for example? Interprete data carefully because it can justify anything yiu want to justify if yiu are not objective.

If your claim was that there are excess of women ready for marriage, then you didn't
need to bring in miscarriage and genetic disorders as being ready for marriage is
a matter of finance and mental capability and not being just alive. I am sure most posters
who quoted you wouldn't have done so had you limited your argument to women "ready
for marriage" as against women in general.

You compare publications with real life experience and local surveys/research. For example, in Nigeria where there are supposed to be 3 million excess men, many in the North marry multiple wives, not rare in SW either. Why are there still so many women at Shiloh looking for men? Why are so many women still willing to marry a polygamous man? Why are some women complaining of no man? It is not enough to say they are looking for rich men or are fussy. Many cannot even find any man to tie down. grin cheesy

Appearance may be deceiving, that is why opinions hold no water in scientific circles,
real life experiences are subjective at best and they merely express a shallow observation
of events.

Many women at shiloh isn't a matter of numbers of men that are alive but the number of men
who are desirable as marriage partners and also the unbalanced pressure on women to get married fast.
The dynamics of marriage for females can never be compared to that of males as there are so many
moving parts which does not apply to the male folks.

I have graduated for sometime and I can tell you that 90% of my male course mates are still not married
and some wish they were, will I be right to conclude that there are more males than females ? Of course not.

A more balanced statement would have been that: given the same age range in early adulthood,
females tends to be more interested in getting married than their male counterparts for obvious reasons.
Not that there are more females than males.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by tintingz(m): 3:11pm On Apr 16, 2017
neocortex:
Well said.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by tintingz(m): 3:34pm On Apr 16, 2017
AreaFada2:

I guess you jumped on the thread without knowing the context of the the submission.

Your source?

Allegedly Nigeria has 3 million more men than women. Has Nigeria ever conducted an acceptable census since 1950s? Was Kano population is said to be higher than Lagos even after Jigawa State was cut out of Kano. Do not forget that in many countries, census collators do not even see women harems to count, so figures from many religiously conservative developing countries are very unreliable.
What about the census that was carried out in 2006?

Again where are your source to all this? Stop making up assumptions.

Now to X-linked genetics. Of old the talk was of recessive & dominant. The "near-consensus" now if the remove that distinction because the phenotypic expression is not quite so simple. Various mechanisms have been observed such as clonal expansion, somatic mosaicism, skewing of X-linked, autonomous cell expression, etc that can even express phenotype in a female.

Now remember one thing. FEMALES carry the gene. MALES express the phenotype/disease. But unusually for reasons just mentioned before, female can in rare cases express phenotype.

The matter with journal articles is that most are done by basic scientists, They do not actually sit in clinic and see the real deal and having to deal with it.
Also you forget the pace of research. It is so fast that even articles published just a year ago may not be up to date anymore.
As an undergrad, our Western professors told us to ignore textbooks after year 1 at university except as reference books, and in Anatomy, parts of physiology/pharmocology. All essays, assignments, presentations,etc had to rely on the very latest research papers. Even though some of our profs wrote some of the books used worldwide.

This was to get used to cutting edge stuff from the earliest possible time. I would not rely on some articles you just google up. That wasn't my training.

ANECDOTE: Read about Queen Victoria of England who was a carrier of haemphilia X-linked gene, lived to age of 81 years. But through her daughters who married into virtually most European Royal families, passed haemophilia to those royal families, with devastating consequences in many cases. It is the classical case of X-linked inheritance.

Lol, I've debunk this and you still on this X-linked inheritance thing.

Again I post,

According to Wikipedia the report said:

X-linked dominant traits do not necessarily affect males more than females (unlike X-linked recessive traits). The exact pattern of inheritance varies, depending on whether the father or the mother has the trait of interest. All daughters of an affected father will also be affected but none of his sons will be affected (unless the mother is also affected).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-linked_dominant_inheritance

affected males having a uniform severity of disorder, while females are affected to different degrees
https://gpnotebook.co.uk/simplepage.cfm?ID=-1382416350

The X-linke inheritance does not affect the depopulating of male or gender, stop desperately making up assumptions and speculations.

You should provide references and source.

3 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by onegig(m): 5:15pm On Apr 16, 2017
Pidgin2: There are more males than female, a simple research will help solve this puzzle for you

Would you kindly reread what you just quoted?

Seems most here have comprehension issues.

There are more males than females. Agreed.

But how many males aged 18 to 25 are ready for marriage in comparison to their female peers.

How many males aged 18 to 25 are incarcerated in comparison with their female peers.

How many makes live up to the age of 25?

That's my question to the olodo up there. Who's been running in circles shouting assumptions.

Pidgin2:

"Ready for marriage at 16 in most cultures"? Post stats to support this or kindly hold your speech. This statement is false, prove me wrong

I hope you would carefully read this time around and not make inferences from them like you just wrongly alluded up there.

Here are links.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriageable_age#North_America

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_marriage_in_the_United_States

www.girlsnotbrides.org/child-marriage/nigeria/

A whopping 17% of girls under 15 where married and 43% where married by age 18 in Nigeria. That's UNICEF data for 2016. How many guys were married or ready for marriage at those ages?

18 might seem the legal age of consent for marriage amongst most countries but fact is most cultures of the world would allow a lady to get married at the age of 16 if she has parental consent for such. I doubt any right thinking guy would attempt marriage at 16. I have never even heard of it before. This is apparently not a good thing for such a girl but i am stating facts and when such is involved , you don't colour it with emotions.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by onegig(m): 5:23pm On Apr 16, 2017
@tintingz

I don't need to further discuss with you. You have clearly shown your lack of comprehension skills. Confusing specific sample sizes and total population count. That was a red flag and i should have pulled out from there. But for charity, i thought i could actually enlighten another Nigerian but the typical aversion to quality education rears it ugly head again. cheesy

You have been shouting facts and assumptions. At this point i would have expected someone with their head well rigged in to have provided counter facts and statements if you do not agree with a statement but alas all we have seen is long diatribes without substance.

You would do well not to quote me anymore. Thank you.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 16, 2017
introvertme:

But nobody can cite a single instance of a law that prohibited a man from marrying more than one wife.

Anyone who has read the Bible well cannot fail to understand that God's attitude was never in disfavour of polygamy.

The first thing i want to state here is that i don't think you are an introvert. A more befitting moniker would've been extrovertme. grin

Second thing i want to state is to let you know that you are too right to be wrong.
I second 100%.
kudos and thumbs up.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by AreaFada2: 6:06pm On Apr 16, 2017
tintingz:
Your source?

What about the census that was carried out in 2006?

Again where are your source to all this? Stop making up assumptions.

Lol, I've debunk this and you still on this X-linked inheritance thing.

Again I post,

According to Wikipedia the report said:

X-linked dominant traits do not necessarily affect males more than females (unlike X-linked recessive traits). The exact pattern of inheritance varies, depending on whether the father or the mother has the trait of interest. All daughters of an affected father will also be affected but none of his sons will be affected (unless the mother is also affected).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-linked_dominant_inheritance

affected males having a uniform severity of disorder, while females are affected to different degrees
https://gpnotebook.co.uk/simplepage.cfm?ID=-1382416350

The X-linke inheritance does not affect the depopulating of male or gender, stop desperately making up assumptions and speculations.

You should provide references and source.

Hahahaha! Are you talking of Wikipedia scientific circle or real life scientific circle? The real deal are the prize winning ones that I know. So stop talking of it as if you know. Because basing expertise on wiki is funny. Who peer-reviewed those articles? I hope you have full access to scientific and medical journals. Better still I will invite you to an international medical genetics conference. To update your knowledge. Back and forth here makes no sense. Thank you.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by okanlawon94(m): 6:33pm On Apr 16, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Stop dating poor and dependent women and it will work.

Ass, gas or grass, nobody rides for free.
Calm down bro,have u follow me to d brothel b4
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by tintingz(m): 6:45pm On Apr 16, 2017
AreaFada2:

Hahahaha! Are you talking of Wikipedia scientific circle or real life scientific circle? The real deal are the prize winning ones that I know. So stop talking of it as if you know. Because basing expertise on wiki is funny. Who peer-reviewed those articles? I hope you have full access to scientific and medical journals. Better still I will invite you to an international medical genetics conference. To update your knowledge. Back and forth here makes no sense. Thank you.
Lol, Wikipedia add references to their articles, it is part of their rules.

As we can see genetic disorder can occur in both gender. Nature has a way of balancing the gender population ratio and there is something called gender imbalance.

After so many evidences from different people here even from UN that says there are more men than women in world population, there are more men for every female, you're still arguing.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by delishpot: 6:45pm On Apr 16, 2017
mikolo80:
which mumu obligation. he put roof over her head and fed her and her offspring. to reciprocate with ponmo, una no gree. you come fed talk obligation

If that is all you take marriage for............You must be a useless husband. When the elders are talking about HUSBANDS no dare open mouth talk. You ain't man enough! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by tintingz(m): 6:52pm On Apr 16, 2017
onegig:
@tintingz

I don't need to further discuss with you. You have clearly shown your lack of comprehension skills. Confusing specific sample sizes and total population count. That was a red flag and i should have pulled out from there. But for charity, i thought i could actually enlighten another Nigerian but the typical aversion to quality education rears it ugly head again. cheesy

You have been shouting facts and assumptions. At this point i would have expected someone with their head well rigged in to have provided counter facts and statements if you do not agree with a statement but alas all we have seen is long diatribes without substance.

You would do well not to quote me anymore. Thank you.
After trashing your fallacies, you're using style to run away. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Many Of You Did This During Christmas / Man Seeks Divorce, Over Wife’s Frigidity And Oversleeps / Man 'fights' His Late Father For Including His Female Children In His Will

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.