Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession (23434 Views)

2023: Why North Will Give Amaechi Ticket To Settle Igbo Agitation / The Prophesy Of NOSTRADAM Concerning BIAFRA / My Solemn Quoted Messages To FG Concerning Biafra:unity Is Not Uniformity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 6:23pm On Mar 30, 2017
Sanchez01:

This is so unfortunate. Sorry, it only goes to show how shallow-minded you are. Perhaps you would call Igbos who don't align with Biafra as Osus or slaves, perhaps Igbos whose blood have been perverted.

The Itsekiris in question speak like the Yorubas, does that mean we should call them Yorubas just because Urhobo and Igbo call blood almost the same, and as such be the same?

I'll help you here. By design, the minorities you speak of, hold more power and influence over the country because they control the country's resources. Now, who wouldn't want to listen to the Urhobos or the Ijaws when they talk, knowing full well that they have the oils and pipelines at their disposal?

The so called minorities in the South South are not just minorities. It would be very easy for the FG to listen to the Urhobo/Itsekiri/Ijaw/Isoko monarchs before listening to the Ohaneze ndi Igbo. It's quite sad but it's the truth.

By the way, most of those who have impoverished the region are people from the region. The likes of Tompolo, Boyloaf and Asari Dokubo have all co tribute their massive share into desolating the creeks. So before you blame the North for certain woes which does not concern you, I'd suggest you study these things well.

Asari Dokubo is most angry today because his means and source of income has been blocked. His open agitation is just to keep him afloat and relevant in the scheme of things.

Biafra might have been hosted in French last week, that is none of our concern. The Gospel truth is that the Igbo man is not special in the eyes of an Urhobo man than the Yorubas/Ibibios/Anangs and the Hausas. We see everyone as one and the same.

If we would want to break away. Trust me, it wouldn't be with Biafra.

Below is a 2015 piece.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/biafra-count-us-out-s-south-tells-agitators/

A 2015 piece. Perhaps, these people are impostors, shey? And then you might want to ask yourself what has changed ever since concerning Biafra and how we see it; NOTHING!

Oniovo me. Vwor ruru! Do!

These ekpari'hwo just cannot accept the reality that we are not interested. Who gave them the right to speak for us? We all know the facts of the matter.

I raised simple issues with their Biafran agitation and see what their responses were. None of them even pretended to shove aside their Igbocentricism. They are so Igbocentric yet they want non-Igboid groups in their Biafra. The way they rush to defend their cause without objectively addressing facts shows us how they would do in their Biafra. No sane Urhobo man ever thinks of Biafra as a choice.

We discussed this thread in Urhobo People's Forum group on Facebook, in South-South People's Forum group, among others. You need to see how the reality didn't even surprise all of us. Even the few that were indifferent are now strongly anti-Biafra! It was almost as if they were robots that can be predicted. Just throw Biafra into the mix and raise issues, the robots flood in and act out the script we all know. Some were even in the groups meant only for SSners and Urhobo people and started acting out their idiocy. Their acts show all of us that there is no friendship that can be mutually beneficial to Igbo and any other SS tribe. This thread defends that. grin

They keep creating enemies. They said I should substantiate my statement that only 1% of minority groups are interested in Biafra yet fail to prove otherwise even when there are statements from the recognised socio-cultural mouthpieces of these groups; even when many of us have come to this thread to deny Biafra! Some of them are even impersonating Urhobos now. See the video of this IPOB idi*t, whose accent is clearly Igbo, claiming to be Urhobo here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8Wr4zq73dU

After impersonating us, they upload videos on the Internet, the likes of what one of them uploaded on this thread to say Rivers and Akwa Ibom women support Biafra even when it is clear that these minorities have rejected their Biafra. Erue ri'hwo!

I asked them why they want to create another Nigeria in the name of freedom and they can't answer. You want a country. Why don't you take your people alone? Must you drag others with you? All the minorities have their own destinies and fights and Biafra is not one of them.

They ask me whether I have a right to speak for Urhobo and the minorities without asking themselves who gave them to rights to speak for Igbo and the minorities!

They said they need a referendum. Oghene biko o! Did we ask for one? Has any group asked for one? Even if any has asked, was it so that they would be Biafrans?

The reality is glaring and they have refused to accept it. Just like in the issues I raised, they argued with emotions and tribal sentiments rather than logic and reason. They acted like the semi-literate IPOB traders that they are!

Okoh, biko yanjia vwo. Awanre mla ye vughe nurhe. Ayen rhi ihwo gbogbo. Ayen vwon oho o! Biko rue mu r'ofa. Doh! Kobiruo!

Ekuogbe r'Urhobo v'Isoko Wadoooooo!
Omi Iwerre Dede!
Ijaw Adoooo!
Hailings to my Efik, Ibibio, Oron, Eket, Anaang, Epie-Atissa, Ogoni and Edo people!
Our destiny is in our hands, not in the hands of any other group or tribe!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by realjoker(m): 6:40pm On Mar 30, 2017
kingzizzy:
Whenever someone from the minorities of Nigeria says they are not interested in a referendum, it is a clear case of an impostor.

The minorities of Nigeria rarely have a say in what happens in Nigeria or how their future is decided.

So when someone is intent on making themselves more minor by denying themselves their right to a democratic referendum, then the person cannot be from the minorities. The minorities have had their oil wealth stolen for years, the suffer the effects of Oil exploration and they have been impoverished. It is not in that situation anyone rejoices about one Nigeria.

So whoever started this thread is ignorant, naieve and definitely not from one of the minorities.
This are the only part that deserves a reply from your postulation.
The last time I checked those who you called minorities have more says in the scheme of affairs in this country that your ethnic group can ever dream of.

And on the bolden, has your five SE state governors ever for once reject their own shares of the Niger delta loots (oil revenues) to show they are not after their God given resources? The last time I checked they were demanding for more share of the Niger delta loots (oil revenues)

Has the likes of listed below names forfeited their oil blocks and substantial shares in oil blocks in Niger delta to the people of Niger delta to show they actually love them than other Nigerians as you liepod yoots always claims?

Arthur Eze, Oscar P. Udoji, P.E Udoji, E.E. Nwosu, J.O. Udoji, Nwokema Ngozi Mbu, Ikechukwu Joseph, J.O. Amaefule, P.L. Caldwell, A.C. Uzoigwe, Amos NUR, C.N. Chieri, N. Nwawka, Emeka Anyaoku, A.B.C. Orjiakor, Amesi Azudialu, John Umeh, Nnenna Obijesi, Joy Ikiebe, Emeka offor, Okey Nzenwa, Tony Ezenna, Ndi Onyiuke Okereke, Nicholas Okoye, Igwe Emeka, Okoli Ndubuisi, Igbokwe Ken, Uzor Azura, Uzoechi Isaac, Ene Emeka, and many more?

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Sanchez01: 6:41pm On Mar 30, 2017
fratermathy:

Oniovo me. Vwor ruru! Do!

These ekpari'hwo just cannot accept the reality that we are not interested. Who gave them the right to speak for us? We all know the facts of the matter.

I raised simple issues with their Biafran agitation and see what their responses were. None of them even pretended to shove aside their Igbocentricism. They are so igbocentric yet they want non-Igboid groups in their Biafra. The way they rush to defend their cause without objectively addressing facts shows us how they would do in their Biafra. No sane Urhobo man ever thinks of Biafra as a choice.

We discussed this thread in Urhobo People's Forum group on Facebook and in South South People's Forum group. You need to see how the reality didn't even surpise all of us. Even the few that were indifferent are now strongly anti-Biafra!

They keep creating enemies. They said I shiold substantiate my statement that only 1% of minority groups are interested in Biafra yet fail to prove otherwise even when there are statements from the recognised socio-cultural mouthpieces of these groups; even when many of us have come to this thread to deny Biafra! Some of them are even impersonating Urhobos now. See the video of this IPOB idi*t, whose accent is clearly Igbo, claiming to be Urhobo here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8Wr4zq73dU

After impersonating us, they upload videos on the Internet, the likes of what one of them uploaded on this thread to say Rivers and Akwa Ibom women support them even when it is clear that these minorities have rejected their Biafra. Erue ri'hwo!

I asked them why they want to create another Nigeria in the name of freedom and they can't answer. You want a country. Why don't you take your people alone? Must you drag others with you? All the minorities have their own destinies and fights and Biafra is not one of them.

They ask me whether i have a right to speak for Urhobo and the minorities without asking themselves who gave them to rights to speak for Igbo and the minorities!

They said they need referendum. Oghene biko o! Did we ask for one? Has any group asked for one? Even if any has asked, was it so that they would be Biafrans?

The reality is glaring and they have refused to accept it. Just like in the issues I raised, they argued with emotions and tribal sentiments rather than logic and reason. They acted like the semi-literate IPOB traders that they are!

Okoh, biko yanjia vwo. Awanre mla ye vughe nurhe. Ayen rhi ihwo gbogbo. Ayen vwon ohor o! Biko rue mu ofa. Doh! Kobiruo!

Ekuogbe r'Urhobo v'Isoko Wadoooooo!
Omi Iwerre Dede!
Ijaw adoooo!
Hailings to my Efik, Ibibio, Oron, Eket, Anaang, Epie-Atissa, and Edo people!
Our destiny is in our hands, not in the hands of any other group or tribe!
I died laughing! grin

He said his name is Oghene-ochuko blah blah blah. They don't know that the first letter from the latter part of a compound name is eliminated. This impostor couldn't even say OGHENECHUKOME! cheesy cheesy cheesy

For every thing, there is a point of no return. And like the adage would say, a dog that would get lost would not listen to the whistle of the hunter.

I don't understand this level of land grabbing antics one bit! It beats my imagination! I guess they want to assist us in developing the Delta since they are done with Lagos cheesy

That we are open to all and sundry doesn't mean we can't be hostile and territorial if need be. This video would fan their ego but wouldn't lift a hair on an Urhobo fellow because it is obvious the dialectics is missing.

They want the oil and want the water. It is obvious that they are not ready. When they are, they wouldn't think of others before leaving. Funny folks! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Nowenuse: 6:48pm On Mar 30, 2017
ManMountain:

Those guys are simply desperate for association with those minorities.

Don't blame them. Majority groups worldwide are always interested or desperate over minority groups in order to use them for greater influence, significance and to do their bidding.

This is one fact i wish the OP fratermathy should also know.
South-South minority groups are even lucky because they have a greater autonomy unlike those of us minorities from the North-Central and North-east whom are always overshadowed by Hausa-fulanis.
And to worsen our plight, Hausa-fulanis have succeeded in using religion (islam) to divide our people and gain the allegiance of our muslim groups. It's just sad.

Can't u see how the Russians were stripped of being world power and lost their world influence as soon as the Soviet union collapsed and the minority groups liberated? This is one thing most majority groups dread.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ConqueredWest: 7:16pm On Mar 30, 2017
kingzizzy:
Whenever someone from the minorities of Nigeria says they are not interested in a referendum, it is a clear case of an impostor.

The minorities of Nigeria rarely have a say in what happens in Nigeria or how their future is decided.

So when someone is intent on making themselves more minor by denying themselves their right to a democratic referendum, then the person cannot be from the minorities. The minorities have had their oil wealth stolen for years, the suffer the effects of Oil exploration and they have been impoverished. It is not in that situation anyone rejoices about one Nigeria.

I remember what Asari Dokubo said about Itsekiris in his his phone call to Radio Biafra a few weeks where he declared himself a Biafran. He disparaged them saying that only a referendum will allow them be part of Biafra. However, facts do not lie. Urohbos have become regular callers on Radio Biafra, the head of IPOB in Delta state is actually an Urohbo man. A few weeks ago, Radio Biafra was hosted in Urohbo language. I even.learnt some Urohbo that dat and was surprised that the word for 'blood' means the same thing in Urohbo and Igbo languages. Many Urohbos called in and pledged allegiance to Biafra.

So whoever started this thread is ignorant, naieve and definitely not from one of the minorities.

Fratermathy hope you have seen this comment

Referendum will hold in Urhobo land for all Urhobos to decide the side of the divide they want to be

Your war against referendum will die a natural death

God bless Urhobos

God bless Biafrans kiss

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ConqueredWest: 7:21pm On Mar 30, 2017
soliddust2020:

The urhobo nation is not going to participate in any referendum and never ever going to be part of biafra. You guys think we are your slaves that you can just wake up and drag along. Igbos action of trying to forcefully drag other minorities into biafra without consulting their leaders, youth and other stakeholders is disrespectful.

You war against Referendum is dead on arrival kiss

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Sanchez01: 7:45pm On Mar 30, 2017
Nowenuse:

Don't blame them. Majority groups worldwide are always interested or desperate over minority groups in order to use them for greater influence, significance and to do their bidding.

South-South minority groups are even lucky because they have a greater autonomy unlike those of us minorities from the North-Central and North-east whom are always overshadowed by Hausa-fulanis.
And to worsen our plight, Hausa-fulanis have succeeded in using religion (islam) to divide our people and gain the allegiance of our muslim groups. It's just sad.

Can't u see how the Russians were stripped of being world power and lost their world influence as soon as the Soviet union collapsed and the minority groups liberated? This is one thing most majority groups dread.
This is so on point, but trust me, majority of the Biafran foot soldiers on here don't have in depth political analysis. All they know is when Biafra was formed, who starved them and whom they won't forgive even in their Graves.

Their sudden love for the Urhobos is bent on two things; the oil and the water passage way to the Atlantic for trades.

True, knowing full well that there is greater autonomy is the sole purpose of the region being calm even in the face of provocation.

The funniest thing is, these online agitators only end up causing more damage in their bid to force alliances on minority groups that wield more influences than them.

Ask them to read up on the Scottish referendum and the Catalan referendum and they would tell you that they have, yet, they take away nothing from the two citations as lessons for tomorrow.

Interestingly, they leave out their regions and claim they intend berthing the capital of their utopia in areas belonging to minority groups.

Today is almost gone. They would scratch their butts and resume their land grabbing activities again tomorrow. Perhaps tomorrow would be Ore since it is considered a part of the Delta.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 8:21pm On Mar 30, 2017
ConqueredWest:

Kingzizzy hope you have seen this comment

Referendum will hold in Urhobo land for all Urhobos to decide the side of the divide they want to be

Your war against referendum will die a natural death

God bless Urhobos

God bless Biafrans kiss

For as long as you never remove your egotistical and greedy eyes from Urhoboland, you and your ilk shall never get your promised land.

You can't force a referendum on a people that aren't interested in getting one. Wetin sef?

Did we say we want to leave Nigeria? Has any Urhobo started a movement for a referendum? In fact, has any minority tribe called for a referendum to join Biafra? Why superimpose yourself on them?

You IPOB Igbos are only bringing disgrace, insult and dishonour to the Igbo nation. Better get over your head now and see the facts. No Urhobo wants anything to do Igbos, talk less of Biafra!

As for your "God bless", we don't need it. Tell your "God" to give you Biafra first before blessing Urhobos. We don't subscribe to a "Chukwu Okike Abiama" that supports land grabbing, tribalism, misogyny and greed. Our "Oghene" stands for us.

The people have spoken. VOX POPULI, VOX DEI! We say NO to BIAFRA. Hear the people speak below (mind you, these are the BEST COMMENTS that favour Igbo people):

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by hammerF: 8:24pm On Mar 30, 2017
fratermathy:

For as long as you never remove your egotistical and greedy eyes from Urhoboland, you and your ilk shall never get your promised land.

You can't force a referendum on a people that aren't interested in getting one. Wetin sef?

Did we say we want to leave Nigeria? Has any Urhobo started a movement for a referendum? In fact, has any minority tribe called for a referendum to join Biafra? Why superimpose yourself on them?

You IPOB Igbos are only bringing disgrace, insult and dishonour to the Igbo nation. Better get over your head now and see the facts. No Urhobo wants anything to do Igbos, talk less of Biafra!

As for your "God bless", we don't need it. Tell your "God" to give you Biafra first before blessing Urhobos. We don't subscribe to a "Chukwu Okike Abiama" that supports land grabbing, tribalism, misogyny and greed. Our "Oghene" stands for us.

The people have spoken. VOX POPULI, VOX DEI! We say NO to BIAFRA. Hear the people speak below (mind you, these are the BEST COMMENTS that favour Igbo people):

Urhobo People

Total population
c. 2 Million+

Religion
Christianity 80% Igbe religion 10% Others 10%

Mind u, Isoko are a totally different ethnic group. They are not part of Urhobo.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 8:26pm On Mar 30, 2017
hammerF:

Urhobo People

Total population
c. 2 Million+

Religion
Christianity 80% Igbe religion 10% Others 10%

Mind u Isoko are a totally different ethnic group. They are not part of Urhobo.

Okay. We know.

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by hammerF: 8:26pm On Mar 30, 2017
fratermathy:

Okay. We know.

All this noise, una no reach 1 milly.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 8:27pm On Mar 30, 2017
hammerF:

All this noise, una no reach 1 milly.

We just number a little over 100 people.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 8:33pm On Mar 30, 2017
^^^ The joke is on you. Mr Wikipedia Igbo Man who doesn't know a thing about Urhobo and Isoko ethnic nationalities and our homogeneity. I am not surprised though!

The giant of Africa and the most populous black nation on the earth is Nigeria, with a population of over 160 million people. Of that population, the fifth largest ethnic group is the Urhobo people of Delta State in the Western Niger-Delta Region, who number over 2.5 million spread across 22 kingdoms and covering over 5,000 kilometers. In Delta State, the Urhobo is the largest ethnic group, spanning over 10 of the 25 Local Government Areas (LGAs) and the entire Delta Central Senatorial District. In fact, Urhobos account for more than 2/5th of the 4.3 million Deltans, with Ughelli North being the largest LGA. Furthermore, the Urhobo nation is a major producer of petroleum and gas, two veritable resources that the world needs. Clearly, the Urhobos are a formidable ethnic group to be reckoned with both locally and internationally.

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/110651/upu-the-urhobo-collective-agenda.html
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Efewestern: 8:41pm On Mar 30, 2017
fratermathy lolx.. some comments sha.. I still insist you and Sanchez01 should ignore these lots, Silence oniovo.

they can believe anything they what to believe, I saw the video of Ochuko, lolz.. funny.. no be only ochuko.. na 0'chuka,

once again, I plead with you to forget about these online peeps, please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
Efewestern:
fratermathy lolx.. some comments sha.. I still insist you and Sanchez01 should ignore these lots, Silence oniovo.

they can believe anything they what to believe, I saw the video of Ochuko, lolz.. funny.. no be only ochuko.. na 0'chuka,

Oniovo, we are just catching fun o. Ihwo na morue mamor. Ayen woho o. So we are just using the bait to enjoy ourselves.

As for what you asked me... Me ni'hwo ovi r'Uvwie but couldn't get a convincing number. Meda searchi r'oye ovi r'interneti. Me mli websitesi sha. Just check whether emu vwon guono ovi eti e. Iwebsites na vwi isikuru ovi Delta ovi r'aye. Gba naye and get back to me:

http://nigeriatoplist.com/list-of-primary-and-secondary-schools-in-delta-state/
http://uncova.com/list-of-secondary-schools-in-delta-state
http://www.unn.edu.ng/publications/files/AGANGAN%20MARGARET.pdf (go to page 128 of this one)
http://www.vconnect.com/delta-uvwie/list-of-secondary-schools_c168

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by realjoker(m): 8:56pm On Mar 30, 2017
Efewestern:

They should keep on attacking them with the bitter truth or don't you know that when lies is being told for a long period of time it becomes the alternative-fact? although they should only engage them when they are only bore and want someone to display social madness to break their boredom .

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 9:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
realjoker:
They should keep on attacking them with the bitter truth or don't you know that when lies is being told for a long period of time it becomes the alternative-fact? although they should only engage them when they are only bore and want someone to display social madness to break their boredom .

You are right. When a people propagate lies for too long, they eventually begin to believe it as truth and fact except they are reminded of the true reality of affairs. The propagandists refused to address the issues I raised and started to derail the thread with silly sentimental yarns. I am very glad my people saw through this and were able to figure out the cluelessness behind their show of shame.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by realjoker(m): 9:09pm On Mar 30, 2017
fratermathy:

You are right. When a people propagate lies for too long, they eventually begin to believe it as truth and fact except they are reminded of the true reality of affairs. The propagandists refused to address the issues I raised and started to derail the thread with silly sentimental yarns. I am very glad my people saw through this and were able to figure out the cluelessness behind their show of shame.
Their final burial is still in the making, I go soon deflate their egocentric emotion driven head soon on this forum, if not for the reasonable Igbo fellows(the majority igbos) on this forum whom I hold with bold esteem, I would have finished them a long time ago.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Efewestern: 9:28pm On Mar 30, 2017
fratermathy:

Oniovo, we are just catching fun o. Ihwo na morue mamor. Ayen woho o. So we are just using the bait to enjoy ourselves.

As for what you asked me... Me ni'hwo ovi r'Uvwie but couldn't get a convincing number. Meda searchi r'oye ovi r'interneti. Me mli websitesi sha. Just check whether emu vwon guono ovi eti e. Iwebsites na vwi isikuru ovi Delta ovi r'aye. Gba naye and get back to me:

http://nigeriatoplist.com/list-of-primary-and-secondary-schools-in-delta-state/
http://uncova.com/list-of-secondary-schools-in-delta-state
http://www.unn.edu.ng/publications/files/AGANGAN%20MARGARET.pdf (go to page 128 of this one)
http://www.vconnect.com/delta-uvwie/list-of-secondary-schools_c168

tanks, I could only make use of the PDF file, the others only stated some few and schools in Delta state, not all school were mentioned, I couldn't see some schools there.. should I use the sample school as my total population?, what do you think

sorry for derailing this thread.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Efewestern: 9:37pm On Mar 30, 2017
realjoker:

no need engaging people.. we know our people, they can rant all they want, believe me 98% haven't been to my state before, how I discuss with such peeps, as an individual we all have our goals , same way each tribe has there goals, I really don't want to be tribalistic here , fratermathy already spoke the truth, so no need arguing over and over again, you can see how they insist on that referendum ish, even when they know that referendum is only conducted when 2/3 of the population asked for it.

Nigeria is not the problem, the leaders are.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ikechu10: 9:49pm On Mar 30, 2017
Sanchez01:

Their sudden love for the Urhobos is bent on two things; the oil and the water passage way to the Atlantic for trades.

Laughable to say the least.
Oyigbo LGA and Egbema LGA have more oil separately than Urhobo clan put together and this a well known FACT!!!.

Last I checked, Both towns are igbo lands and both town are still proudly IGBO despite being sneakily carved out of their community.

If Nigeria actually cared about removing igbo alone and leaving just the minorities. Question: Why is it that your zoogerians has been ignoring the indigienous of both LGA area to be moved back to imo and Abia state they were carved from.

In addition, where I'm from Asaba had access to water directly. Likewise, yet again Oyigbo and Egbema LGA.

There is a reason Biafrans do not want you people in Biafra and the only set screeching this entire page while shouting "SS" are ALL urhobo!!

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ikechu10: 9:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
Efewestern:

no need engaging people.. we know our people, they can rant all they want, believe me 98% haven't been to my state before, how I discuss with such peeps, as an individual we all have our goals , same way each tribe has there goals, I really don't want to be tribalistic here , fratermathy already spoke the truth, so no need arguing over and over again, you can see how they insist on that referendum ish, even when they know that referendum is only conducted when 2/3 of the population asked for it.

Since when is delta state a urhobo state?

I'm from delta state and I'm not urhobo.
Since when is anioma, iteskiri, isoko, ijaw, et urhobo?

No wonder you nitwit have refined the state to the mess it currently is and why you lots believe you must rule.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ngozi123(f): 10:00pm On Mar 30, 2017
Efewestern:

I find this argument to be heavily flawed and rather lazy as it takes away accountability from the masses. It's essentially saying to them "it's not your fault, it's your leaders' fault". This couldn't be further from the truth, considering that it's these same people who are going out to vote for these leaders. Until the masses stop and realise that they actually hold power over their leaders and not the other way around, nothing will change in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Efewestern: 10:01pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ikechu10:

Since when is delta state a urhobo state?

I'm from delta state and I'm not urhobo.
Since when is anioma, iteskiri, isoko, ijaw, et urhobo?

No wonder you nitwit have refined the state to the mess it currently is and why you lots believe you must rule.

Hello;

I never insulted anyone here, the only reason I commented on this thread was because I wanted a favour from my friend, so don't expect me to exchange word with you.

and besides I never said Delta state belongs to urhobo. get your fact right.

CC fratermathy more reason I insist this thread should be taken Down, this issue is getting boring by the day.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by pazienza(m): 10:05pm On Mar 30, 2017
Nowenuse:

Russia remains a world power, with or without those breakaway Soviet nations.
The minorities are Ok on their own, but non of them are a force to reckon with on the world stage.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Efewestern: 10:09pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ngozi123:

I find this argument to be heavily flawed and rather lazy as it takes away accountability from the masses. It's essentially saying to them "it's not your fault, it's your leaders' fault". This couldn't be further from the truth, considering that it's these same people who are going out to vote for these leaders. Until the masses stop and realise that they actually hold power over their leaders and not the other way around, nothing will change in Nigeria.

lolz.. got your point sister, but it all point down to one things, Corruption, the Country needs to be restructured in a way things can be down transparently, The current system is not helping anybody.

if we can go back to regionalism then most of our problem is half solved, cause it breeds accountability, development e.t. c, but instead of the leaders to push for that they keep looting our resources and pay the youth some change so they can kill themselves.

The leaders are to be blamed.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ngozi123(f): 10:15pm On Mar 30, 2017
Efewestern:

lolz.. got your point sister, but it all point down to one things, Corruption, the Country needs to be restructured in a way things can be down transparently, The current system is not helping anybody.

if we can go back to regionalism then most of our problem is half solved, cause it breeds accountability, development e.t. c, but instead of the leaders to push for that they keep looting our resources and pay the youth some change so they can kill themselves.

The leaders are to be blamed.

I wish that this would happen- truly, I do. However, I believe that this is less likely to happen than secession. The North would rather it were a separate country than actually have to share the same country with you guys and not have access to your resources. I truly believe that many Southerners are ignorant to just how much Northern leaders dislike them.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by pazienza(m): 10:16pm On Mar 30, 2017
bantudra:
biafra can never happen in nigeria without a war..

it will not go peaceful...forget it....

you biafrans are too desperate...the only thing the south east can get is more regional control...

a whole new nation is imposible in another nation..you still have to prove to us that you have the right to claim that nigerian soil in the south east...thinking un,icc,ai and whatever can force us in 2017 to anything is irresponsible...

if that is allowed then china,russia,spain,morocco,france,america and many more will have alot of trouble...

this nations will never be on biafras side..

the only way to get biafra is war!!!!!!!!!....

More like the only way you want Biafra achieved is via war, where you believe you would have upper hand as you continue to count on the super nations of the world to support your war efforts.
You don't want peaceful dissolution, which is not surprising, considering that Gowon your frontrunner did the same.

What you don't know is that if there be another civil war in Nigeria, Nigeria would have to sign away its future in slavish pacts and trade agreements to those super nations to attract their support to supply them with unlimited weapons to suppress Biafrans again.

And when the dust settles, Nigeria will become worst than it is today, as your super power helpers are not father Christmas and would demand for their reward.

And so I ask, is it worth it? Why can't the black man learn to peacefully divide Africa into real nations without getting the Caucasians to enslave us all in needless war support pacts?
Are we saying that the colonial abominations created by the Caucasians in 1886 with aim to exploit indigenous people are the best we can do as a people.

Nigeria is not a super power like China, she doesn't manufacture weapons and so can't keep a formidable major ethnic group like Ndiigbo down in an all out war without soliciting for help from Super powers. She can't afford to keep Igbos down like China is doing to Tibet without getting itself exploited in the process.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by bantudra: 10:20pm On Mar 30, 2017
Efewestern:

Hello;

I never insulted anyone here, the only reason I commented on this thread was because I wanted a favour from my friend, so don't expect me to exchange word with you.

and besides I never said Delta state belongs to urhobo. get your fact right.

CC fratermathy more reason I insist this thread should be taken Down, this issue is getting boring by the day.

how do you take a thread down??..i never figured that out till now... undecided

how do you post animated gifs??..
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Nowenuse: 10:21pm On Mar 30, 2017
pazienza:

Russia remains a world power, with or without those breakaway Soviet nations.
The minorities are Ok on their own, but non of them are a force to reckon with on the world stage.

Russia is no longer a world power. They only have a strong military and weapons of mass destruction unlike during the days of the soviet union where America had nothing on USSR, both economically, world political influence and not just military wise, and both were considered equal worldpowers.
Today, even smaller countries like Japan, South Korea, UK, France and Germany are faring far better economically than Russia with a greater world influence. Imagine!

Majority tribes loose more than the minorities.
Do u know that if all northern minority groups decide to abandon Hausas, the so called mighty Hausas would be reduced to majority in only 5 states of Nigeria? Hausa is now arguably the most spoken language in Africa because northern minority groups adopted it too just as Russian language was dominating and spreading over Europe and Asia during the days of the Soviet Union but today it's power is seriously dwindling.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Efewestern: 10:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ngozi123:

I wish that this would happen- truly, I do. However, I believe that this is less likely to happen than secession. The North would rather it were a separate country than actually have to share the same country with you guys and not have access to your resources. I truly believe that many Southerners are ignorant to just how much Northern leaders dislike them.

the reason such haven't been implemented is because our leaders still lick the anus of those notherners, I still believe in the Nigeria project and I hope the country is restructured.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Dapchi Abduction: Escapees Return To School, Recount Ordeal / 12 Types Of People You Will Meet On Election Day / Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.