Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession (23438 Views)

2023: Why North Will Give Amaechi Ticket To Settle Igbo Agitation / The Prophesy Of NOSTRADAM Concerning BIAFRA / My Solemn Quoted Messages To FG Concerning Biafra:unity Is Not Uniformity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ngozi123(f): 9:34am On Mar 30, 2017
modik:

That is to show you how objectively minded the Biafrans are.

Empirical proof of your 1% claim is still awaited

If you argued with reason and facts, you would have supported your assertions with verifiable empirical evidences. Are you guilty of same offense as you acuse Biafrans?

To prove you are biased, let me ask you a rhetorical quesrion: Did Lugard conduct Referendum before merging North and South together? I read a gamut of sentiment from your point of reference.
Biafrans are calling for Referendum, not a forced marriage as you acknowledged in #1

You are in the habit of acusing others over a fault highly exhibited by you. Last time I checked, this thread is crafted to defend ethnic minorities in which you are one. ?? ??

You ended up confirming all intelligent observations and allegations leveled against you based on your unfounded and sentimental premises.

In the end, VOX POPULI, VOX DEI.

Daalu, nwannem. If I'd seen your post before I wouldn't have even bothered posting my last comment here- it's almost exactly the same as yours smiley. He must think that we're illiterate and have never been to school before to actually he think that he can convince us that he's making intellectual debate despite not having any hardcore evidence to back his outlandish claim. I was truly shocked by that statement and have never seen anyone above Year 7 (ages 11-12 over here) make any argument without having evidence to back it up. A child would stand up and admit their mistake here, I wonder if the op would do the same... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by modik(m): 9:52am On Mar 30, 2017
Ngozi123:

Daalu, nwannem. If I'd seen your post before I wouldn't have even bothered posting my last comment here- it's almost exactly the same as yours smiley. He must think that we're illiterate and have never been to school before to actually he think that he can convince us that he's making intellectual debate despite not having any hardcore evidence to back his outlandish claim. I was truly shocked by that statement and have never seen anyone above Year 7 (ages 11-12 over here) make any argument without having evidence to back it up. A child would stand up and admit their mistake here, I wonder if the op would do the same... undecided

Spot on.

The thread, like many similar unfounded frivolous campaigns of calumny, would die naturally.

0ne million Propaganda driven debates cannot stand the test of one founded and true fact.

Pls ignore fallacies. Cheers Adaoma eji eje mba.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by realjoker(m): 9:55am On Mar 30, 2017
Ngozi123:

What evidence have you and your co-liepod put up to buttress is claims rather than repeating the same gibberish? I have known a long time that comprehension is one of the major problem of liepod yoots, a simple grammar "don't include us in your selfish pipe dream beerfraud agitation" that the Urhobo guys here have been echoing into your hate filled brain since but you liepod yoots failed to heed to that, you claimed they are not the mouth piece of Urhobo and itsekiri nation and only referendum can decide their stance then who make you this nonentities liepod yoots the speaker of your kinsmen let alone the one to decide what Urhobo and itsekiri nations wants? Or are you guys coursed?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by soliddust2020: 10:05am On Mar 30, 2017
KevinDein:

The desperation to have the minorities in their country is laughable. I'm kinda feeling embarrassed for them TBH. grin

They are just too desperate. We will rather stay with the devil (Nigerian), than follow Ipob. Their actions shows they are going marginalize, oppress and make other minorities voiceless if they make mistake of joining biafra.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ngozi123(f): 10:13am On Mar 30, 2017
realjoker:
[s]What evidence have you and your co-liepod put up to buttress is claims rather than repeating the same gibberish? I have known a long time that comprehension is one of the major problem of liepod yoots, a simple grammar "don't include us in your selfish pipe dream beerfraud agitation" that the Urhobo guys here have been echoing into your hate filled brain since but you liepod yoots failed to heed to that, you claimed they are not the mouth piece of Urhobo and itsekiri nation and only referendum can decide their stance then who make you this nonentities liepod yoots the speaker of your kinsmen let alone the one to decide what Urhobo and itsekiri nations wants? Or are you guys coursed?[/s]

I can see that you've typed out a lot of words here yet not a single sentence, not one, actually correlates to my post you quoted. Absolute nonsensical drivel. If you have nothing meaningful to say then don't say anything at all undecided.

Btw, I'm not and have never been an IPOB member. That just highlights your ignorance even more.

7 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Emperor007: 10:21am On Mar 30, 2017
The OP intension is to falsely propagate the idea that South South ( which doesn't exist but originally created to weaken the East) doesn't want a referendum.

Referendum will hold in all the Eastern region ( South South inclusive); and minorities can vote to stay in Naijirieya or Biafra or ...

Don't be surprise that the OP is not from Urhobo or anywhere near East.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by bantudra: 10:23am On Mar 30, 2017
biafra can never happen in nigeria without a war..

it will not go peaceful...forget it....

you biafrans are too desperate...the only thing the south east can get is more regional control...

a whole new nation is imposible in another nation..you still have to prove to us that you have the right to claim that nigerian soil in the south east...thinking un,icc,ai and whatever can force us in 2017 to anything is irresponsible...

if that is allowed then china,russia,spain,morocco,france,america and many more will have alot of trouble...

this nations will never be on biafras side..

the only way to get biafra is war!!!!!!!!!....
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by bantudra: 10:28am On Mar 30, 2017
Emperor007:
The OP intension is to falsely propagate the idea that South South ( which doesn't exist but originally created to weaken the East) doesn't want a referendum.

Referendum will hold in all the Eastern region ( South South inclusive); and minorities can vote to stay in Naijirieya or Biafra or ...

if south south dont exist,then south east dont exist too.....

you can not claim the south east has authority over south south and await us to be quiet...

i dont speak igbo...am not part of biafra...

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by realjoker(m): 11:07am On Mar 30, 2017
Ngozi123:

I can see that you've typed out a lot of words here yet not a single sentence, not one, actually correlates to my post you quoted. Absolute nonsensical drivel. If you have nothing meaningful to say they don't say anything at all undecided.

Btw, I'm not and have never been an IPOB member. That just highlights your ignorance even more.
Lolz. You not being a member of liepod is the joke of the year. So liepod members have started denying their membership when it is now glaring that liepod are only good when it comes to comic relief?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by realjoker(m): 11:14am On Mar 30, 2017
Emperor007:

Today's Edo and Delta state and to extention some parts of today's Bayelsa state was never part of old eastern region so what is the fuss about forcefully attaching your unproductive region by force to them?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ngozi123(f): 11:50am On Mar 30, 2017
realjoker:
Lolz. You not being a member of liepod is the joke of the year. So liepod members have started denying their membership when it is now glaring that liepod are only good when it comes to comic relief?

Post evidence that support your claims or refrain from mentioning me again. I've always maintained that I'm not an IPOB member so I don't know why you have the impression that I've only just "started" to deny their membership.

7 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by realjoker(m): 12:42pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ngozi123:

Post evidence that support your claims or refrain from mentioning me again. I've always maintained that I'm not an IPOB member so I don't know why you have the impression that I've only just "started" to deny their membership.
Then if you are not liepod member as you claimed stop lumping non interested people in beerfraud agitation.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ikechu10: 12:45pm On Mar 30, 2017
realjoker:
What evidence have you and your co-liepod put up to buttress is claims rather than repeating the same gibberish? I have known a long time that comprehension is one of the major problem of liepod yoots, a simple grammar "don't include us in your selfish pipe dream beerfraud agitation" that the Urhobo guys here have been echoing into your hate filled brain since but you liepod yoots failed to heed to that, you claimed they are not the mouth piece of Urhobo and itsekiri nation and only referendum can decide their stance then who make you this nonentities liepod yoots the speaker of your kinsmen let alone the one to decide what Urhobo and itsekiri nations wants? Or are you guys coursed?

You must be a buff00n or does not know how to google.

Since you decided to be ignorant.

I'll quote the first group which asked for RRFERENDUM that IPOB copied. A group ice been saying google.

Ignorance is bliss they say.

In its quest to correct what it described as the mistake of the past and political imbalance in Nigeria, the Lower Niger Congress (LNC), yesterday, called for a referendum.

The LNC’s membership is drawn from the 11 South-South and Southeast states. Describing the political imbalance in the country as unbearable, the group pushed for urgent referendum. It made the call during a solemn Assembly it organised yesterday in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital.

The NLC also adopted a five-point mandate, which it said, remains the roadmap to achieving the set goals. The mandate include a call for a referendum, which, according to them, will decide whether they may wish to continue to be part of Nigeria;

They also demanded protection of assets belonging to the people of the lower Niger outside of their states of origin.

The group also wants a standing committee set up to further discuss ways of continuing on their quest to address the alleged injustice against the people of the region.

“People from the lower Niger, who either by appointment or election are doing government business in Abuja on behalf of the people must return home for a consultation before continuing in their duties to reflect the wishes of the people; otherwise, they will be on their own,” the group added.

President of the group, Mr. Fred Agbegba, said, Nigeria is a place, where there is law for the low and another for the high.

Also speaking, ex-Biafra warlord, Col. Joe Achuzie (rtd), expressed support for LNC’s position, saying that it was time to extricate the lower Niger from the shackles of imperialist Nigeria.

“I am in consonance with all that have been discussed here. It has been our long-time effort to extricate ourselves from this shackle called amalgamation,’’ Achuzie said.

Also speaking, Ankio Briggs described Nigeria as a confused and unjust entity, where there had been conspiracy to continue to oppress the Southeast and the South-South.

Briggs said that the conspiracy to sack President Goodluck Jonathan on March 28, 2015, has unwittingly united the Southeast and South-South regions.

She said the Southern people were not and can never be conquered, despite the constitutional imbalances.

Earlier, Mr. Tony Nnadi, a legal practitioner and secretary of the group, said that the struggle for referendum had been ongoing since 2007.

Nnadi explained that the call was informed by the fraud called the “1999 constitution,” adding that such a fraud must not be a working document for a united Nigeria.

He reiterated the group’s preparedness to take the country’s authorities to a legal contest so as to address the imbalances in the country.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/lower-niger-congress-wants-referendum/amp

http://www.lnc-usa.org/blog/self-determination-referendum-is-where-rubber-meets-the-road/

Mr. Fred Agbeyegbe, Esq., President of Lower Niger Congress (LNC), is a seasoned legal professional and quintessential playwright who lives in Lagos, Nigeria. He hails from the Itsekiri ethnic minority which inhabits the western end of the Niger River Delta. He is a proud Itsekiri man who resents being diminished by anyone or group simply because he belongs to an ethnic nationality that may not be as populous as the rest out there. His being at the head of LNC lends credence to the Congress’ claim to be the arrowhead of Lower Niger Self-Determination
http://www.lnc-usa.org/our-team/

Like I told the other guy, I suggest Learn wtf is going on outside your incompetent delusions.

8 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ikechu10: 12:55pm On Mar 30, 2017
More on the "ND minorities" never sort for a referendum

The Niger Delta Avengers militant group has called for a Brexit-style referendum on the region's status within Nigeria[/b]. But Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari seems unlikely to listen.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201606280120.html

This came as Niger Delta activist, Chief Bello Oboko, threw his weight behind the call on President Buhari to emulate the Prime Minister of Britain, David Cameron, by ordering a referendum to find out what Nigerians want.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/stop-begging-start-dialogue-militants-tell-buhari/

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by realjoker(m): 12:56pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ikechu10:

You must be a buff00n or does not know how to google.

Since you decided to be ignorant.

I'll quote the first group which asked for RRFERENDUM that IPOB copied. A group ice been saying google.

Ignorance is bliss they say.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/lower-niger-congress-wants-referendum/amp

http://www.lnc-usa.org/blog/self-determination-referendum-is-where-rubber-meets-the-road/

http://www.lnc-usa.org/our-team/

Like I told the other guy, I suggest Learn wtf is going on outside your incompetent delusions.
This gibberish you put up there is inconsequential and thanks for admitting Liepod is a copy cat as we all know that they lack originality and also lack well set out policy. The various ethnic nationalities that make up today's Niger Delta have come out to denounce being part of Beerfraud agitation through their various spokespersons their political leaders also denounce it and the op also back up is argument with the links to various denouncement statements by various ethnic nationalities in Niger Delta, including your demi gods GEJ and Wike so, what is the problem with you frustrated liepods yoots?

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Dedetwo(m): 1:07pm On Mar 30, 2017
fratermathy:
I understand that I am stepping into controversial waters but I feel this has to be said, given the fact that Urhobo-Isokoland is added to the proposed Biafra Nation. Silence may mean consent. This has to be said and I anticipate a very exciting and non-tribalistic discussion of the issues I have raised. I have already made this comment on a thread elsewhere on this forum but I need it to be a thread of its own in order to attract more comments and reach out to IPOB youths which the message is directed to.

The Igbo people do have an inalienable right to self-determination. If the majority of Igbos support Biafra, there is certainly no problem with that. Nigeria was never a discussed nation. I believe that the FG should look into the request of the Igbos and find a permanent solution to their agitations. The international community should as well be consulted and wooed to the Igbo cause. However, my issues with the current Biafra ideology being propagated by IPOB are as follows:

1. The addition of tribes that have historically not been in Biafra such as Urhobo-Isoko and Itsekiri. These tribes have never been and have never pledged or advocated for Biafra. In fact, many Urhobos have never even heard of the word before. So there is no basis for the addition of these people.

2. The addition of non-Igbo tribes in the South South. It is true that many of the minorities in the former Eastern Region were in the extinct Biafran republic but it must be emphasised that only a few of them commiserated with the cause. Currently, less than 1% of members of these ethnic minorities are sympathetic to the Biafran project. Many don't trust the motives of IPOB, which added them to maps without due consultation. The mistrust is further exacerbated by the reactions of IPOB youths online when confronted with the reality that members of minority tribes are NOT interested in Biafra.
I have been hearing the common idea of a referendum from IPOB and Igbos but as far as I am concerned, there won't be any referendum in the South-South because the people haven't asked for it. Referendums are conducted on request and no minority tribe has asked for any in line with the Biafran ideology. In the SE, an overwhelming majority subscribe to Biafra so there won't also be a need for any referendum as the outcome would be certain.
If IPOB is to succeed and attract sympathy, it should remain an IGBO affair as it is. After all, how many of the so-called minorities join in protests and the propagandist movement? Will they eat from where they did not work? From all the comments on the internet and the reality on ground, it is obvious even to the blind that minorities do not want Biafra. Why force yourself and your ideology on them? Isn't it wise to speak for only your ethnicity and agitate for an Igbo Biafra? If the minorities want Biafra, they should agitate for it then an agreement will be reached. Don't force it down their throats. Many of these minorities have strong voices in the nation because of their oil and Nigeria WILL NEVER let them go except the minorities themselves reject Nigeria -which I have not seen any doing-. If Biafra is to leave Nigeria smoothly, focus on Igboland and leave areas where Nigeria has huge investments in. It simply won't work as Nigeria won't lose Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Delta and Bayelsa, etc, without a fight! Biafrans should cater for their own first and if Biafra is achieved, she may then extend a hand of fellowship to the neighbouring groups.

3. Use of emotions, rather than logic and reason to make arguments. I will concede that this is shown mainly by the semi-literate IPOB member with an internet connection. If you come online to hear the arguments proferred for Biafra, many are ridden with tribalism against the Hausa-Yoruba. The Hausa-Yoruba are people too and have their own wishes and aspirations. You may not want to be in a country with them doesn't mean you should hate them. I also understand that they return the hate as well but the circle will never end if you guys don't get your priorities right. As an Urhobo, I have seen many comments by Igbos geared towards annexing us whether we want it or not. To them, the whole of Delta is Biafraland without even realising that Delta was never part of Biafra to begin with. This campaign of calumny, heightened by sentiments, have created enemies of many minorities. I have heard discussions by Urhobos/Itsekiris and even Ibibios about Igbo and Biafra and nothing good was said whatsoever. I won't blame them for it. They simply reacted to what they've seen, especially on the internet.

4. Playing Lugard. Although this is just a repetition of what I had said, I wish to emphasise again in concrete terms. The Igbos frequently reference Nigeria as the Lugardian experiment. This is totally correct. One of the problems in Nigeria is multilingualism. At the onset, we operated a regional system and tribalism was still a very serious issue. In fact, so bad was tribalism in the regional system that it caused a civil war. Biafra proponents frequently cite regionalism and resource control as the basis for the addition of non-Igbo speaking tribes to Biafra. If regionalism didn't work in a multiethnic Nigeria, what will be different in a multiethnic Biafra? A lot has happened since the previous agitation and many of the Nigerian minorities are genuinely wary of Nigeria's major ethnic groups, including the Igbos. You cannot sweep this under the carpet all of a sudden. IPOB should focus more on building bridges and building its public image to the minorities if they really want them in Biafra. You can't force people into a marriage that they don't want. Don't play Lugard all over again.

5. Lack of good strategy. If you need a nation. You have to get intellectuals - political scientists, economists, scientists, sociologists, lawyers, etc - to draw a map and make useful contributions to the cause. This is where MASSOB has done better than IPOB. Many of the modern day Biafran agitators are traders, who are not even in Igboland to begin with, semi-literates and pure illiterates. They lack the wherewithal to draw a good action plan that will involve all Igbos. Protests are good but what have they achieved so far? NOTHING!!! Biafra also needs a charismatic leader. Nnamdi Kanu preaches too much violence and he is a war-monger. Biafra tried violence in 1967 and it didn't work. You need a different strategy. Organise a think-tank, engage the many Igbo professors, scientists, business moguls, innovators, economists, politicians, etc, and draw a clear roadmap. You don't need to fight Nigeria to get Biafra. No one owns Nigeria so fighting her would be in vain. Once Biafra gets a clear vision and roadmap towards its actualization, many things will fall in place naturally. The campaign shouldn't be all about violent protests; you guys should go to towns and villages and sensitise people, write letters to heads-of-states, make more calls, use more coercive forms of protests such as civil disobedience, solidarity walk, etc. Protest more in Abuja, rather than the South East.

I have more issues with the movement but I have made my point with the few I have listed. Biafra is a good cause. Every ethnicity has the right to create its own destiny. No one can force any determined group into anything. Just the way Igbos struggle for their inalienable rights to determine her faith, so also should Igbos recognise the minorities' right to fashion their own destinies. No one should play Lugard with people's future. Let us correct the sins of the past. Every ethnic group is independent and has the capacity to become a nation-state.

CC
Lalasticlala

I suggest you get a good education before you foray into public arena with your stark ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ikechu10: 1:09pm On Mar 30, 2017
realjoker:
This gibberish you put up there is inconsequential and thanks for admitting Liepod is a copy cat as we all know that they lack originality and also lack well set out policy. The various ethnic nationalities that make up today's Niger Delta have come out to denounce being part of Beerfraud agitation through their various spokespersons their political leaders also denounce it and the op also back up is argument with the links to various denouncement statements by various ethnic nationalities in Niger Delta, including your demi gods GEJ and Wike so, what is the problem with you frustrated liepods yoots?

Story don change, it went from "ND did not ask for referendum and IPOB is forcefully seeking referendum for minorities" to "IPOB is copy cat". If you and the OP actually researched ANYTHING, you two wouldn't have made a complete buff00n of yourself thus making your so called "intellectual discourse" into showcasing you twos lack of intellect. So much for the "intellectual discourse".

Finally, you should read my past posts before thumbing your ignorance here. I've always stated, REPEADTEDLY that urhobo, isoko and iteskiri should be removed from biafra. I've been on this forum long enough to witness almost every pro biafra on this forum say the exact same thing thus, your OP is repeating what we all saying. Secondly your OP backed his link up with several POLITICIANS and politician beneficiaries denouncing biafra. A behavior also found in southeast you incompetent fool. Do you wish for me to quote SE governors opinion on biafra? I'll gladly do it.
As I said even obi of Onitsha have equally denounced biafra and last I checked, the highest activity of IPOB is in that onitsha city. I guess in your ignorant mind, because obi of Onitsha says onitsha is not part of biafra, that immediately dismisses the activity of his people in that city correct? Spare me your buffonery.

Just like LNC, Aniko briggs, NDA, Bello, IPOB and Massob have stated repeatedly only a referendum can determine what the people want. Hence both SS and SE have asked for a referendum. Spare me your BS.

7 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Dedetwo(m): 1:21pm On Mar 30, 2017
Chinachriss:
t
Thank you Frathermathy for this thread. I remember opening a thread about how Akwa Ibomites in my school vehemently repudiate the Biafran stuff and one of your attackers came for me too requesting statistics and other tosh. They are just far from reality. You,ve written the gospel truth. We don"t have any right to coerce your people to join us. Things have to done appropriately as tradition demands. Just ignore them. You've made your point. I still maintain that getting Biafra is impossible if they don"t change their strategy.

The bolded in the above post is an idiotic hearsay because neither the name of your so-called school was mentioned nor the name of your so-called Akwa Ibomites. In contrast, there was a video for the burial of an Akwa Ibomite killed by idiotic Nigerian paramilitary units while protesting with IPOB. By the way, if you have an intellect of a human being you should have realized that not every Igbo person is a member of IPOB.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by realjoker(m): 1:27pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ikechu10:

Story don change, it went from "ND did not ask for referendum and IPOB is forcefully seeking referendum for minorities" to "IPOB is copy cat". If you and the OP actually researched ANYTHING, you two wouldn't have made a complete buff00n of yourself thus making your so called "intellectual discourse" into showcasing you twos lack of intellect. So much for the "intellectual discourse".

Finally, you should read my past posts before thumbing your ignorance here. I've always stated, REPEADTEDLY that urhobo, isoko and iteskiri should be removed from biafra. I've been on this forum long enough to witness almost every pro biafra on this forum say the exact same thing thus, your OP is repeating what we all saying. Secondly your OP backed his link up with several POLITICIANS and politician beneficiaries denouncing biafra. A behavior also found in southeast you incompetent fool. Do you wish for me to quote SE governors opinion on biafra? I'll gladly do it.
As I said even obi of Onitsha have equally denounced biafra and last I checked, the highest activity of IPOB is in that onitsha city. I guess in your ignorant mind, because obi of Onitsha says onitsha is not part of biafra, that immediately dismisses the activity of his people in that city correct? Spare me your buffonery.

Just like LNC, Aniko briggs, NDA, Bello, IPOB and Massob have stated repeatedly only a referendum can determine what the people want. Hence both SS and SE have asked for a referendum. Spare me your BS.
Lolz.
This is one of the major reason I earlier claimed liepod yoots only serve as a source of comic satisfaction to us.
Where is NDA today? and the countless non existent Militant groups that were threatening heaven and earth? Your answer is same as mine, They are all gone because They are all political. The only group still in existence is only the wailing liepod yoots which is understandable. I am very sure that you must have heard about the recent Odùduwà Republic movement it is also political that is seeking for the restructuring of the current skewed allocation sharing formula. And The last time I checked nobody is as pro Nigeria today as Niger delta leaders and Ankio Briggs inclusive they might have areas of contentions with the current disposition of power and revenue sharing formula but that doesn't mean they subscribe to liepod beerfraud madness or validate it or don't you ask yourselves why Vanguard newspaper has suddenly turn pro FG overnight?. Emotions!!! one of the major reason why your kinsmen failed woefully when it comes to national politics, it will be better to allow the Ijaw to continue playing the first fiddle as they are currently are because they are far better than your kinsmen when it comes to politics and power tussle play.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Dedetwo(m): 1:30pm On Mar 30, 2017
fratermathy:

Why don't you address the issues I have raised for once, please.
Are we in a dictatorship where issues cannot be raised or addressed?

What idiotic issues did you raise? You could not even differentiate statutory entity from a mere nomenclatural crap.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by bantudra: 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2017
Dedetwo:

What idiotic issues did you raise? You could not even differentiate statutory entity from a mere nomenclatural crap.

none of you could bring meaningful arguements concerning his points...

the opinion is made..: we south southerners want nothing to do with biafra,,period...

if you want to provoke a fight between us and the delta igbos,then continue....

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Fremancipation: 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ikechu10:

My brother you have said it all. Very revealing.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by daveson2020(m): 2:27pm On Mar 30, 2017
realjoker:
And who make liepods the official speaker of the Urhobo, Itsekiri and Isoko nations? Seems the thrashing you were dealt with in the last general election has done permanent head damage (PhD) to you and your co-travelers And who even make you this nonentities the speaker of your kinsmen let alone the one for Urhobo and Itsekiri nations? Seems you guys are suffering from serious identity problem? Or were you coursed to keep displaying this heinous public madness? If referendum is going to take place in their land let them call for it and you pained, frustrated and disgruntled liepods have no right or whatsoever to call for it.

An Afonja as i expected you are just coming out now, whom do you think the uhorbo, itsekiri and isoko people voted for in last presidential election? Jonathan of course and the igbos also voted for Jonathan too. Do you know why? Because your ofe-mmanu gutter media divide and rule politics is no longer working.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by realjoker(m): 3:00pm On Mar 30, 2017
daveson2020:

An Afonja as i expected you are just coming out now, whom do you think the uhorbo, itsekiri and isoko people voted for in last presidential election? Jonathan of course and the igbos also voted for Jonathan too. Do you know why? Because your ofe-mmanu gutter media divide and rule politics is no longer working.
Lolz.
Another emotion ridden lame postulation.
You guys are bunch of failures when it comes to politics. So because Ijaw, itsekiri and Urhobo vote for Jonathan like your people did they automatically subscribe to beerfraud madness? So other states that votes for Gej also subscribe to beerfraud madness?
Stop this public displays of emotion inspired postulation.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by kingzizzy: 3:53pm On Mar 30, 2017
Whenever someone from the minorities of Nigeria says they are not interested in a referendum, it is a clear case of an impostor.

The minorities of Nigeria rarely have a say in what happens in Nigeria or how their future is decided.

So when someone is intent on making themselves more minor by denying themselves their right to a democratic referendum, then the person cannot be from the minorities. The minorities have had their oil wealth stolen for years, the suffer the effects of Oil exploration and they have been impoverished. It is not in that situation anyone rejoices about one Nigeria.

I remember what Asari Dokubo said about Itsekiris in his his phone call to Radio Biafra a few weeks where he declared himself a Biafran. He disparaged them saying that only a referendum will allow them be part of Biafra. However, facts do not lie. Urohbos have become regular callers on Radio Biafra, the head of IPOB in Delta state is actually an Urohbo man. A few weeks ago, Radio Biafra was hosted in Urohbo language. I even.learnt some Urohbo that dat and was surprised that the word for 'blood' means the same thing in Urohbo and Igbo languages. Many Urohbos called in and pledged allegiance to Biafra.

So whoever started this thread is ignorant, naieve and definitely not from one of the minorities.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Chinachriss(m): 4:20pm On Mar 30, 2017
Dedetwo:

The bolded in the above post is an idiotic hearsay because neither the name of your so-called school was mentioned nor the name of your so-called Akwa Ibomites. In contrast, there was a video for the burial of an Akwa Ibomite killed by idiotic Nigerian paramilitary units while protesting with IPOB. By the way, if you have an intellect of a human being you should have realized that not every Igbo person is a member of IPOB.
Why can"t you just make your opinion without being insulting. Please, swerve.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by OreMI22: 4:21pm On Mar 30, 2017
Igbo and other oppressed peoples in Nigeria have inalienable right to live decently and govern themselves.

Those rights were given to them by God not any self-styled dictator.

Satan or any dictator in Nigeria cannot take away those rights and have peace.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by paschu: 4:41pm On Mar 30, 2017
Sis, silence, I think, is always the best answer to such e.diots. They are simply not worth a response from our Princesses.

Ngozi123:

I can see that you've typed out a lot of words here yet not a single sentence, not one, actually correlates to my post you quoted. Absolute nonsensical drivel. If you have nothing meaningful to say then don't say anything at all undecided.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Sanchez01: 5:16pm On Mar 30, 2017
ZelibeKristein:

You Igbos are something else, the OP is Urhobo but you are insulting Yoruba everywhere. When they retaliate, you cry to the mods that everyone hates you. Must everyone agree with your foolishness? There are several eboes that dont even support biafra, stop insulting those that dont care about your madness.
An average Igbo man who aggressively pursues Biafra but has never had the privilege to cross from Ore to Sagamu before believes that the Yoruba man who does not have his time, is the source of his problems.

Its a sad tale, I tell you.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by PenisCaP: 5:43pm On Mar 30, 2017
modik:

That op is not versatile at all?? ?? ??

Lol. Hes not !!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Sanchez01: 5:48pm On Mar 30, 2017
kingzizzy:
Whenever someone from the minorities of Nigeria says they are not interested in a referendum, it is a clear case of an impostor.

The minorities of Nigeria rarely have a say in what happens in Nigeria or how their future is decided.

So when someone is intent on making themselves more minor by denying themselves their right to a democratic referendum, then the person cannot be from the minorities. The minorities have had their oil wealth stolen for years, the suffer the effects of Oil exploration and they have been impoverished. It is not in that situation anyone rejoices about one Nigeria.

I remember what Asari Dokubo said about Itsekiris in his his phone call to Radio Biafra a few weeks where he declared himself a Biafran. He disparaged them saying that only a referendum will allow them be part of Biafra. However, facts do not lie. Urohbos have become regular callers on Radio Biafra, the head of IPOB in Delta state is actually an Urohbo man. A few weeks ago, Radio Biafra was hosted in Urohbo language. I even.learnt some Urohbo that dat and was surprised that the word for 'blood' means the same thing in Urohbo and Igbo languages. Many Urohbos called in and pledged allegiance to Biafra.

So whoever started this thread is ignorant, naieve and definitely not from one of the minorities.
This is so unfortunate. Sorry, it only goes to show how shallow-minded you are. Perhaps you would call Igbos who don't align with Biafra as Osus or slaves, perhaps Igbos whose blood have been perverted.

The Itsekiris in question speak like the Yorubas, does that mean we should call them Yorubas just because Urhobo and Igbo call blood almost the same, and as such be the same?

I'll help you here. By design, the minorities you speak of, hold more power and influence over the country because they control the country's resources. Now, who wouldn't want to listen to the Urhobos or the Ijaws when they talk, knowing full well that they have the oils and pipelines at their disposal?

The so called minorities in the South South are not just minorities. It would be very easy for the FG to listen to the Urhobo/Itsekiri/Ijaw/Isoko monarchs before listening to the Ohaneze ndi Igbo. It's quite sad but it's the truth.

By the way, most of those who have impoverished the region are people from the region. The likes of Tompolo, Boyloaf and Asari Dokubo have all co tribute their massive share into desolating the creeks. So before you blame the North for certain woes which does not concern you, I'd suggest you study these things well.

Asari Dokubo is most angry today because his means and source of income has been blocked. His open agitation is just to keep him afloat and relevant in the scheme of things.

Biafra might have been hosted in French last week, that is none of our concern. The Gospel truth is that the Igbo man is not special in the eyes of an Urhobo man than the Yorubas/Ibibios/Anangs and the Hausas. We see everyone as one and the same.

If we would want to break away. Trust me, it wouldn't be with Biafra.

Below is a 2015 piece.

Uyo —The ethnic nationalities of the South- South geo-political zone, yesterday, denounced demands for Biafra by Igbo in the South-East zone and called for an immediate cessation of pro-Biafra protests on their soil.

This came as the South East Governors Forum, SEGF, summoned an emergency meeting of Igbo leaders to discuss the persisting protests by members of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, which have paralysed economic activities in the old Eastern region.

In a 10-point communique issued at Uyo at the end of a meeting held under the auspices of the Conference of Ethnic Nationalities of the South-South at Uyo, Akwa Ibom state, chaired by HRM, Obong (Dr) EU Ekidem, Ntisong Ibibio III, the Ntisong of Ibibio land, they dissociated the South-South zone from the “so-called Biafra.”

Representatives of Ibibio, Efik, Anang, Ijaw, Itsekiri, Urhobo, Ikwerre, Oro, Isoko and several other nationalities attended the summit.

Among them were the interim chair of the group, HRM Ekidem, Convener of the meeting and Secretary of the Itsekiri Leaders of Thought, ILoT, Delta state, Barrister Edward Ekpoko, Albert Akpomudje, SAN (Urhobo) and president general of Ogbakor- Ikwerre in Rivers state, Prof A.M Onyeozu.

Pastor Nelson CocoBassey (Efik ethnic nationality), Ulap Bidiak Uloh (Oro ethnic nationality), Amechi Ogbonnia (Itsekiri), Obong Ukpong Umoh and Obong Aniedi Ndem were at the conference and signed the communique.

The South South nationalities said, “We will not allow any inch of the land of the ethnic nationalities mentioned above and other lands of the South-South to be part of the ill-thought-out enterprise.

“We call for a halt to demonstrations for Biafra on our land henceforth as it touches on the collective sensibilities of our people and could provoke ethnic crisis.

“We are not only surprised but shocked that Igbos who returned to Nigeria after the fall of Biafra in January 15, 1970 with tales of woes and horrors can talk about Biafra.”

They added: “It is in the interest of Igbos that Nigeria is protected as they have more investments outside their homeland.”

The Conference called on governors, political leaders and traditional rulers of the South-East geopolitical zone to “speak out now as their silence is becoming eloquent.”

Furthermore, the South-South ethnic nationalities urged “well-meaning Igbos to call their children/wards to order to prevent an avoidable crisis.”

“We call on the law enforcement agencies to be more vigilant. “We believe in one Nigeria and will do all within our power to protect the unity of Nigeria,” they stated.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/biafra-count-us-out-s-south-tells-agitators/

A 2015 piece. Perhaps, these people are impostors, shey? And then you might want to ask yourself what has changed ever since concerning Biafra and how we see it; NOTHING!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Sanchez01: 5:53pm On Mar 30, 2017
Count us out of your plans – Urhobo nation tells Biafra proponents

The Urhobo Progressive Union, UPU, has denounced its inclusion in the proposed map of Biafra by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, warning that Urhobo and its territories should be counted out of any IPOB plan.

Faulting its purported membership of Biafra in a statement issued yesterday, the UPU National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Mumakai-Unagha said, “IPOB have their rights of agitation for freedom of self determination as enshrined in the united nation declaration stressing that other ethnic groups should not be dragged along to avoid the mistake that led to the civil war.

“The magnanimity of Urhobos in allowing Igbos celebrate the Igbo Cultural Day should not be taken for granted as we urge IPOB to delist Urhobo from its proposed map,” they stated.
http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/14/count-us-out-of-your-plans-urhobo-nation-tells-biafra-proponents/

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Ogun Police Engage Bandits In Gun Duel; Inspector, Two Others Die / Fr. Kelvin Ugwu To Abati: “You Were Too Biased To Anchor A Presidential Debate” / Why President Buhari Fired Boroh As Presidential Amnesty Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.