Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession (23448 Views)

2023: Why North Will Give Amaechi Ticket To Settle Igbo Agitation / The Prophesy Of NOSTRADAM Concerning BIAFRA / My Solemn Quoted Messages To FG Concerning Biafra:unity Is Not Uniformity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 29, 2017
[s]
Efewestern:

I understand you, but how do you expect me to exchange word with some that hasn't left his tiny village before arguing with me about my land and my people.. I just feel the best treatment is silence, let's just pretend we are not seeing anything , you raised some valid point but no one could counter you. all they do is insult upon insult, and you expect me to argue with these set of beings, nah, never.

We know our land, and our goals, no stranger will tell us what to do or when to conduct any stupid referendum whatsoever because we never asked for it, we have our goals, they have there's, fight yours let us fight ours, simple as ABC, I will just advice you forget about this issue, pretend like you are seeing nothing, they are just delusional.

about my question, am working on a project and I want to know the total number of schools in uvwie and also the total number of students.. don't know if you can provide me with such info since you are the only scholar I know here. I would have gone to get it myself, but am not in town.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Sanchez01: 10:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
ConqueredWest:

Don't speak for other Urhobos, they will speak for themselves through a referendum
You know, you can as well take a referendum to the Yorubas or Hausas. One thing is this, I don't need to act as the voice of the Urhobo nation before it takes every one of us to figure why IPOB is interested in lumping us with them.

A referendum would only affect a part of Delta and not the entire state.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ikechu10: 10:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
ConqueredWest:

God bless you

I wonder why he is scared of a referendum since he believes his people do not support Biafra

Because he's terrified of what the result would be as he's unsure. If you are sure, you wouldn't be afraid as it'll come out in his favor wouldn't it?

7 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
Fx55:
I thought you were smart but you're seriously disappointing yourself. Who is dragging who into Biafra? That's a very dumb thing to say. Personally, I'm aware that there are plenty of minorities who are committed members of IPOB. I mean hardcore loyalists. Asari Dokubo is an Ijaw man and a publicly-proclaimed Biafran. He has his own loyalists, followers and supporters too. He has his own kith and kin who believe in his ideals and the struggle. These people have a voice too and they deserve to be heard. IPOB encourages and supports them to engage their kith and kin. That has always been the strategy.

For your information, I would personally kick against any attempts to include Urhobo, Itsekiri, Isoko, Edo and all other Biafra-hating ethnic nationalities. We can't afford to have such dissenting groups in our fold. That is tantamount to creating a monster similar to the one we're trying to destroy.

I saw one useless map that you posted earlier on. Please disregard that document. It won't fly. I have to be very blunt here.... Stop deceiving yourself that you're wanted in Biafra. That would be pure madness from whoever cooked up that idea. What exactly are you going to bring to the table? Oil? My goodness me!

Technical knockoutāœ“

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ConqueredWest: 10:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
Sanchez01:

You know, you can as well take a referendum to the Yorubas or Hausas. One thing is this, I don't need to act as the voice of the Urhobo nation before it takes every one of us to figure why IPOB is interested in lumping us with them.

Yorubas and Hausa Fulani people were not invited. Therefore, no referendum will hold in their place

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Sanchez01: 10:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
ConqueredWest:

Yorubas and Hausa Fulani people were not invited. Therefore, no referendum will hold in their place
Oh! So referendum only takes place in certain areas you say it should hold just because you invite them? cheesy

I'm sure you understand why some of us still believe your agitation is bent on greed and confusion?

I want to believe you are educated. However, let me show you how it works;

We have to first show interest before a referendum can be extended to us. And by interest, I'm talking almost about 2/3 of the people.

Some of you don't just understand how these things work. Pity.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by realjoker(m): 10:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
ConqueredWest:

Don't speak for other Urhobos, they will speak for themselves through a referendum
And who is in the position to call for the Referendum in their lands? Is it you liepod or the urhobo nation? I am very sure the lies fed to you liepod members on radio beerfraud on daily basis has taken away your brain sanity or can't you reason in a sane manner, if Referendum is to take place in their land let them call for it but you frustrated liepods can't force your own selfish agitation on them, or comprehension have no place in your brain system. The op has been repeating the same non ambiguous statement right from the inception of this thread, "don't force your agitation on them". If he can't speak for his own people as you claimed then who is you these nonentities to speak for your kinsmen let alone other ethnic groups? Did Scott land force their Referendum on other non interested portion of the UK? Or did the catalunans attach other non catalunans to their catalans movement?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by felicitywe(m): 10:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ikechu10:

Exactomundo. Even Nnamdi Kanu is against urhobo, iteskiri and isoko or anything edo excluding Igbanke being part of Biafra. That's why you see most of the pro-biafra on NL do not want his people. The current move to include them is by the current leader whom Nnamdi left to supervise the radio. The person that even matters, aka Nnamdi Kanu and the two men currently facing charges with him, have always been against Delta south and Efo being part of Biafra.

Since I've been listening to the radio, the only groups that matters that aren't igbo and Nnamdi Kanu have always stated as biafra have been the Akwa ibom/CR groups, ijaws and the small portion of Igala and idoma people found in Anambra and Enugu state.
Even if d Urhobos&othrs r nt part of Biafra he s nt in d right position 2 make a sweeping generalizatn on dat.D Igbos mind their businesses&v been i harmonious platform wt d ppl he s agitatn 4.When everyone frm those areas r tired of d failed nigerian state,his own is 2 blow d fans of hatred.D Urhobos r nvr better off in d nigerian state.Unfortunately all d tribes he mentioned v been dealt wt by d maurading Fulani herdmen who carry AK47&no one has come to their aid.Women r raped&farm land deserted bc of d herdsmen&u r on nairaland sayn sometin else.Evryone needs peace&independence&they r waitn 4 it to come.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ConqueredWest: 10:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
Sanchez01:

Oh! So referendum only takes place in certain areas you say it should hold just because you invite them? cheesy

I'm sure you understand why some of us still believe your agitation is bent on greed and confusion?

Tell that to the United Nations

Referendum will stand on Urhobo land

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by realjoker(m): 10:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
felicitywe:
Even if d Urhobos&othrs r nt part of Biafra he s nt in d right position 2 make a sweeping generalizatn on dat.D Igbos mind their businesses&v been i harmonious platform wt d ppl he s agitatn 4.When everyone frm those areas r tired of d failed nigerian state,his own is 2 blow d fans of hatred.D Urhobos r nvr better off in d nigerian state.Unfortunately all d tribes he mentioned v been dealt wt by d maurading Fulani herdmen who carry AK47&no one has come to their aid.Women r raped&farm land deserted bc of d herdsmen&u r on nairaland sayn sometin else.Evryone needs peace&independence&they r waitn 4 it to come.
self deception

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ConqueredWest: 10:59pm On Mar 29, 2017
realjoker:
And who is in the position to call for the Referendum in their lands? Is it you liepod or the urhobo nation? I am very sure the lies fed to you liepod members on radio beerfraud on daily basis has taken away your brain sanity or can't you reason in a sane manner, if Referendum is to take place in their land let them call for it but you frustrated liepods can't force your own selfish agitation on them, or comprehension have no place in your brain system. The op has been repeating the same non ambiguous statement right from the inception of this thread, "don't force your agitation on them". If he can't speak for his own people as you claimed then who is you these nonentities to speak for your kinsmen let alone other ethnic groups? Did Scott land force their Referendum on other non interested portion of the UK? Or did the catalunans attach other non catalunans to their catalans movement?

Lay your complains at the doorstep of United Nations

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ExplorerReturns(m): 11:00pm On Mar 29, 2017
I have followed this thread from the beginning to the end and I am very happy and proud of my Igbo brothers. You guys have defended the Igbo nation well and quashed the inferior and mischievous argument of the op well. I am proud of you guys! How can a responsible person who claims not to be biased say that REFERENDUM should not hold? it is just like saying that election should not hold in south east because everyone knows that Igbo's don't support buhari. is that even sensible? why not allow the election hold so as to ascertain that the people truly hate buhari?

secondly, I wonder wtf urhobos think they are? they don't have money,influence,oil,population etc not even access to the ocean more than the Igbos. so why on earth do they think they matter?

10 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 29, 2017
I'll say right here,we kept it real. Igbo kwenu!

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ConqueredWest: 11:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
iSlayer2:

We lynch the guy

Next time, he will think before posting trash

Referendum must hold in Urhobo land

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ConqueredWest: 11:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
ExplorerReturns:
I have followed this thread from the beginning to the end and I am very happy and proud of my Igbo brothers. You guys have defended the Igbo nation well and quashed the inferior and mischievous argument of the op well. I am proud of you guys! How can a responsible person who claims not to be biased say that REFERENDUM should not hold? it is just like saying that election should not hold in south east because everyone knows that Igbo's support buhari. is that even sensible? why not allow the election hold so as to ascertain that the people truly hate buhari?

secondly, I wonder wtf urhobos think they are? they don't have money,influence,oil,population etc not even access to the ocean more than the Igbos. so why on earth do they think they matter?

Don't mind him

God bless Igbos

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by realjoker(m): 11:10pm On Mar 29, 2017
ConqueredWest:

Lay your complains at the doorstep of United Nations
Lolz. So you know the right channel to demand for Referendum all this while and you choosed to dwell into unproductive activities of spreading lies, moaning, playing the victim cards, attaching your unproductive region to the most productive region by fire by force, public displays of lunacy. And think sane Nigerians will take your beerfraud agitation serious?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by realjoker(m): 11:12pm On Mar 29, 2017
ConqueredWest:

We lynch the guy

self deception at its peak. If that will make you feel important while you are not, its OK.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by realjoker(m): 11:14pm On Mar 29, 2017
iSlayer2:
Lolz. You jokers are only good at comic relief. Your beerfraud agitation start and end with this your endless brawl.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by felicitywe(m): 11:28pm On Mar 29, 2017
iSlayer2:
My brother notin to glory abut in a failed state.Its disgustn hw ppl disguised themsevs to luv failure even in a failed country.Always keep it real bc they knw who d Igbos r.We come wt independent minds 2 make better input unlk those dat will say tins bc one of their own is sayn it.D church established by their ppl v Igbos,in their villages igbos r there,they come to us 4 assistance smtimes speakn in support of wat affect us only 2 change wen d issue arise.They 4got we know wat lie in their belly.But we r nt worried bc wat affects an Igboman in d North,East,West&South of Nigeria affects everyone.God will help us.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by kingzizzy: 11:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

When you say "Nigerians" and "Biafrans", who and who are you referring to.

All the people from minority groups I know either see themselves as Nigerians or see Nigeria as a failed project. Many want another nation but none ever considered Biafra as an alternative. You cannot leave one Nigeria and enter into a smaller one in the name of resource control.

As an Urhobo, which I speak primarily for, the Nigerian consciousness is very high. We see ourselves as nothing but Nigerians. We would die for Nigeria. All Urhobos know this. Never will you see an Urhobo speak in favour of secession and even the few that may do so have no sympathy with Biafra. United States of Urhobo is what they are projecting. While that seems to be at the infancy and possibly far from being birthed as a movement, Nigeria remains what we identify with.

We will have our resource control one day. We are not in an imprisonment. We have made our grievances known and we will assert ourselves more. The Igbo cause and plight are NOT the same with that of the minorities. Each with his own burden. Each should fight each's problems by themselves.

Well if all you are saying is true then referendun is the perfect way to allow the Urohbo nation carry on with 'one Nigeria' while allowing those who are tired of 'one Nigeria' to go. It is a win win situation for everybody.

Referendum is not new in in Nigeria. In 1961, Nigeria and Cameroon were laying claim to British Cameroons, which was part of Nigeria. To end the matter once and for all, a referendum was held. Northern British Cameroon voted to join Nigeria and is now part of present day Adamawa, while the South British Cameroon voted to join Republic of Cameroon. Everybody went their way and there was peace.

It is actually a very bad thing for the Urohbo nation to be in Biafra if they are pro Nigeria. Biafra should be strictly for those who are tired of Nigeria and want to try something new. We do not need people who will drag us back to how things are done in Nigeria. A referendum will weed out the Nigerians in our mist and allow the real Biafrans will emerge. The rest can then carry on with 'one Nigeria' while the rest of us Biafrans can begin the urgent task of nation building.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
felicitywe:
My brother notin to glory abut in a failed state.Its disgustn hw ppl disguised themsevs to luv failure even in a failed country.Always keep it real bc they knw who d Igbos r.We come wt independent minds 2 make better input unlk those dat will say tins bc one of their own is sayn it.D church established by their ppl v Igbos,in their villages igbos r there,they come to us 4 assistance smtimes speakn in support of wat affect us only 2 change wen d issue arise.They 4got we know wat lie in their belly.But we r nt worried bc wat affects an Igboman in d North,East,West&South of Nigeria affects everyone.God will help us.

True.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 29, 2017
[s]
realjoker:
Lolz. You jokers are only good at comic relief. Your beerfraud agitation start and end with this your endless brawl.
[/s]

Urchin.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
ConqueredWest:

We lynch the guy

LMAO!

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by realjoker(m): 11:59pm On Mar 29, 2017
iSlayer2:

Urchin.
One of my previous response to your co-liepod
This is My problem with liepod yoots. Once they are short of sane defense line to back up their busted lies they retort to throwing tantrums and name callings, . They label all facts that expose their lies as doctored and cooked up stories and want everyone to take their igberetv and beerfraudherald inspired facts derived from their wild imagination and self deception as the real fact.
Their line of arguments are based on emotions and lies told to them daily on radio beerfraud

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by realjoker(m): 12:02am On Mar 30, 2017
kingzizzy:

Well if all you are saying is true then referendun is the perfect way to allow the Urohbo nation carry on with 'one Nigeria' while allowing those who are tired of 'one Nigeria' to go. It is a win win situation for everybody.

Referendum is not new in in Nigeria. In 1961, Nigeria and Cameroon were laying claim to British Cameroons, which was part of Nigeria. To end the matter once and for all, a referendum was held. Northern British Cameroon voted to join Nigeria and is now part of present day Adamawa, while the South British Cameroon voted to join Republic of Cameroon. Everybody went their way and there was peace.

It is actually a very bad thing for the Urohbo nation to be in Biafra if they are pro Nigeria. Biafra should be strictly for those who are tired of Nigeria and want to try something new. We do not need people who will drag us back to how things are done in Nigeria. A referendum will weed out the Nigerians in our mist and allow the real Biafrans will emerge. The rest can then carry on with 'one Nigeria' while the rest of us Biafrans can begin the urgent task of nation building.
Lolz.
You guys just like twisting history to favor your pipe dream beerfraud.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by modik(m): 12:37am On Mar 30, 2017
fratermathy:

I would very much want believable proof that number 2 is false because I do have proof that it isn't.

He who goes to equity does so with clean hands.

Suffice it to say you firstly must share the verifiable basis of arriving at your 1% premise before asking for his own proof.

Is this a confirmation that all what you've penned down on here are nothing but personal opinion and unverifiable selfish inclination?

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by modik(m): 12:48am On Mar 30, 2017
Sanchez01:

Maybe someone is not following the trend.

For your information, many housas and Yorubas share in the ideology of Biafra. I overheard an housaman publicly profess his unshakable loyalty to Biafra if they leave, that he would seek its citizenship.

You can only speak for yourself but when the chips are down, the turn of events may be the greatest surprise of the century. Tell me who is not tired of the contraption we have as a country!

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 30, 2017
[s]
realjoker:
One of my previous response to your co-liepod
This is My problem with liepod yoots. Once they are short of sane defense line to back up their busted lies they retort to throwing tantrums and name callings, . They label all facts that expose their lies as doctored and cooked up stories and want everyone to take their igberetv and beerfraudherald inspired facts derived from their wild imagination and self deception as the real fact.
Their line of arguments are based on emotions and lies told to them daily on radio beerfraud
[/s]
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 12:56am On Mar 30, 2017
Status Update:

As in the expected fashion, no single IPOB/Igbo on this thread addressed ANY of the issues that I raised.

They attempted to derail the thread and claimed victory, AS USUAL, for my act of not encouraging them.

This should serve to all SSners and minorities on the real intent of IPOB and the Biafran project.

They claim to want a referendum. Has any SSner or minority group asked for one?

They say they are not interested in Urhobo-Isoko yet our land is on their maps. Maps peddled by themselves.

This thread is an open book to all. I shared this link to all of us for a purpose. I do hope we've seen that.

Why has any of them not treated the issues raised like responsible adults?

Must they always show their true nature!!!?

They really expected me to descend to their level and engage them in an e-fight.

Oh please!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

It is as it was said. Nothing has changed. They look only after themselves and themselves alone. Lo and Behold.. The Majority ethnic group of Biafra!!!

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by PenisCaP: 1:03am On Mar 30, 2017
modik:

Maybe someone is not following the trend.

For your information, many housas and Yorubas share in the ideology of Biafra. I overheard an housaman publicly profess his unshakable loyalty to Biafra if they leave, that he would seek its citizenship.

You can only speak for yourself but when the chips are down, the turn of events may be the greatest surprise of the century. Tell me who is not tired of the contraption we have as a country!

Hahahahahhaha this dumb guy has been practically murderd here... he tot igbos illiterates
It was obvious dat d dumb dude is so filled with hate and he couldnt hidde it..
He wanted to sound like hez wise whereas his skull is very empty.... saying less dan 1% of ss surports biafra... dat busted me into laffta here grin

yea i also kno of one northern woman on Facebook who strongly supports biafra.. saying if biafra happens sh will take her kids and ran to biafraland.....

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by modik(m): 1:11am On Mar 30, 2017
fratermathy:

You are welcome!

Based on this established fact about Op's logical deficiency, I can reliably/undoubtedly conclude that
this thread is dead on arrival. Period.!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals / Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters / Joe Abah Reacts To Interception Of Truck With 123 Men, 48 Bikes By Taskforce

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.