Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,796 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos (11043 Views)

162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week / NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES / New Sect Claims Responsibility For SARS Attack In Abuja -Desert Herald (2) (3) (4)

Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 27, 2009
even the United States of America needs immigrant to add spices to her economy, Lagos is not an exception.

but u can decide to stay in your erosion ridden states and die of hunger,

What are these chinese brothers trading btw?,
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by metalgong5(m): 10:43am On Dec 27, 2009
shellboy:

even the United States of America needs immigrant to add spices to her economy, Lagos is not an exception.
but u can decide to stay in your erosion ridden states and die of hunger,
What are these chinese brothers trading btw?,
The truth is that yoruba land doesnt have any viable economy . . . Most of the booming markets and sparkling companies in Lagos are owned by non-indigenes and Igbos.
Your username is shellboy but you forgot that Yorubaland is not an oil producing region neither does it have any other tangible thing to offer the experiment called Nigeria. . . . You guys are just parasites.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by blacksta(m): 11:23am On Dec 27, 2009
Hate, Hate - Most u all display the contents of your heart . According to the consititution Nigeria belongs to all. I dont see a english man complaining a scotish or welsh man has business in London.

All of you should get a life.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by THEAMAKA1: 11:53am On Dec 27, 2009
blacksta:

Hate, Hate - Most u all display the contents of your heart . According to the consititution Nigeria belongs to all. I dont see a english man complaining a scotish or welsh man has business in London.

All of you should get a life.
thats exactly what i was thinking the other day.
[size=20pt]GBAM GBAM GBAM!!![/size]
what the hell? so Nigeria is no longer a country? people should be free to move around wherever they like.
and whats such a big deal that people go home for the holidays? don't people do that everywhere?
i know a few people that are from out of state going back to where they're from for the holidays, whats the big deal that this made it to the front page?
na wa for these people ooooo

i guess someone just wanted to see more igbo bashing. undecided
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 27, 2009
even if they are all own by non-indigenes which i beg to differ, its because of the enabling environment and the abundance of human resources.

furthermore, when does a screen name with "shell" linked to shell oil company?, have you checked the dictionary meaning of shell?

oponu.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Nizoral(f): 12:45pm On Dec 27, 2009
My igbo bros biko kwanu is lagos our country home? And 4 dose dat wants 2 brag about lagos hmmmmm i sory 4 una cos una go dey igbo boys go colect lagos 4rm una hand.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by THEAMAKA1: 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2009
shellboy is the biggest hypocrite of them all.
why are you egging on the drama? do you see how much igbos are being bashed here? the same for yorubas.
i dont blame either side, just let them do what they do and stop taking Vicodin for another person's headache
the more you trash igbos, it makes you no better than the ones who trash yorubas.

[size=20pt]NIGERIA IS A FREE COUNTRY AND PEOPLE ARE FREE TO MOVE AROUND WHEREVER THEY LIKE!!
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT, KILL YOURSELVES![/size]
WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE ISSUES WITH IGBOS IN SOUTH WEST? WHO GIVES A DAMN!
the last time i checked there is money to be made and if a man has to move to make that money, then so be it.
stop whining like a bunch of b****es in here and find something better to do.
when they are out still making their money you people are here complaining. lol
why dont you get into Lagos go and find a job to make sure that the next igbo doesnt get it?
fools.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by spikedcylinder: 12:52pm On Dec 27, 2009
shellboy:

We go lead you for your land. 70% of Lagos is Igbo. Yoruba boys are working as goods lifters for ordinary Igbo traders. You be omo odo for your own land. Jealous goat.[/s]

starting a tribal tirade is your defence mechanism? if u do it with the north u might get away with it, but keep it away from the yorubas. he who pays the pipe will not be able to call for the tunes in this case, cos someone else will be calling it.

You are one of the ones that gets into useless, unnecessary defence over nothing. I said no one owns Lagos and everyone deserves to live where they please but you are so determined to fight yourself that you cannot see past your nose. How is that starting a tribal tirade?
I don't have time for your nonsense.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by THEAMAKA1: 12:57pm On Dec 27, 2009
spikedcylinder:

You are one of the ones that gets into useless, unnecessary defence over nothing. I said no one owns Lagos and everyone deserves to live where they please but you are so determined to fight yourself that you cannot see past your nose. How is that starting a tribal tirade?
I don't have time for your nonsense.

tell him ooooo!!
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by mekusxxx: 12:59pm On Dec 27, 2009
Tribal attacks on Igbo mostly unprovoked will always attract a consequence

Folks:

There has been a spate of complaints about tribalism here without those who make the complaints addressing the underlying factors. In many cases, people with Yoruba ideology have said horrible and clearly tribally-motivated things against others even when completely unprovoked. Those who seek equity must come with clean hands and the earlier this is done the better. There is always a trend of harmless, informative posts being turned into avenues to incite hatefulness and expose all the biliousness which people have piled up. There are tons of example but please go through these two threads carefully and see how some of these things emanate. The funny thing is that those who complain about tribalism from others see some of these things and choose to overlook them, only to turn round and complain when they are hit back. For every action, there is an equal but opposite reaction and many people in here are mere wolves in sheep’s clothings. The art of equating a single individual (under discussion) to whole peoples is another ignorant or mischievious tendency that is very unhelpful in a political setting such as this. Many Yoruba are culprits in this regard

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-371471.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-371485.0.html

Instigating a ban on anyone will not solve the retaliations. Those who incite the tribal sentiments must stop, then the retaliations will also stop.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by spikedcylinder: 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

tell him ooooo!!

Like seriously. The level of intolerance with some people is alarming.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 27, 2009
its just a simple common sense of thought, do not throw a stone while u live in a glass house.

i have read many times on this forum someone coming out to attack the the personality of the yoruba people like its a show of manhood.

for everything, the yorubas come to the picture.so tell me who's instigating the tribalism?
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by THEAMAKA1: 1:19pm On Dec 27, 2009
shellboy:

its just a simple common sense of thought, do not throw a stone while u live in a glass house.

i have read many times on this forum someone coming out to attack the the personality of the yoruba people like its a show of manhood.

for everything, the yorubas come to the picture.so tell me who's instigating the tribalism?
you!! because you keep running on and on and on about this never-ending issue like hot water.
don't you realize as much as you do this crap on NL it wont change anything or how people see things.
like i said before, stop taking Vicodin for another person's headache. okay?
all this yarning you are doing, what have you accomplished since? why are you minding them? does it put food on your table? clothes on your back? the electricity on? or what?
give it a rest, will you?

everyone here attacks each other, let the jobless jargons suffer and be laughed at.
it obviously shows where their priorities are or where they aren't.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by buchio7(m): 1:23pm On Dec 27, 2009
its nt enof to say lets all kiss n get back in bed because truely it jst doesnt work wit dese tribalists. I hav been a member on nairaland 4 at least 5yrs nw and d trend keeps repeating itself. Seeminly harmless threads out of nowhere metamorphose into fora 4 s.w peeps to attempt vitriolic attacks on igbos. Well my attitude is if take a shot at me ,i blow u  to kingdom com wit my bazooka.  AGAIN, all u tribalistic woosies, BRING IT ON.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by tonjoan: 1:27pm On Dec 27, 2009
I hold my heart in my hands. I fear for the bleak future I think is brewing. I tremble at the spate at which amity,unity and oneness is disintegrating. What relationship legacy are we likely to pass on to our children?
I get scared to come on to Nigeria online fora these days because I'm almost always certain I will get to see these childish but very destructive put ups.
Why are we quick to cast a general outlook to a tribe when it is one out of tens of millions that is the subject in focus? Why do we so malign a religion even when it was unnecessary to do so? What has the Igbos travelling for the holidays got to do with them being so rudely bashed as instigated by varo57.
I'm overwhelmed with indescribable lethargy knowing that our generation which is supposed to foster the bond of unity amidst diversity given our education and enlightenment is the very one demonstrating rancour, strife ,bitterness and hatred at their peak.
I wonder if you guys would allow true love make u embark on inter-tribal marriages. I'm pretty sure you'd even want to dissuade your kinsmen from attempting it and if he (your kinsman) gets obstinate, you'll threaten him with being disowned.
Thank you The Amaka and olafolarin  for not being consumed by this ugly monster. varo57, on a serious note what you started is very callous to say the least. Lets be accommodating of one another for in actual sense we are family.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by spikedcylinder: 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2009
shellboy:

I am yoruba, you dimwit.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 27, 2009
@THE.AMAKA

your wish is my command, peace.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by mansmith(m): 2:52pm On Dec 27, 2009
my little advice is remember that January is just next week so spend with care
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by gidson12(m): 3:32pm On Dec 27, 2009
Ndi Igbo kwenu! I wish all my igbo brothers a safe trip to and fro
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Eziachi: 4:55pm On Dec 27, 2009
shellboy:

its becoming clear to me that a particular tribe in this country are so insecure that they hold another tribe responsible for the consequences of their actions,

if u can not deal with the level of intelligence, confidence and even the hospitality given to you then call your tribe a failure and stop bringing the yorubas in to every picture.

afterall the yorubas buy what u sell in lagos.

They buy our goods not out of choice, but because have no choice. What we sell is readily available, cheaper, good customer service and sometimes credit option. Not because they are in love with us.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by Eziachi: 5:04pm On Dec 27, 2009
The funny thing about most of these people that fight over who should be in Lagos and who shouldn't knew next to nothing about Lagos. They pay no tax to Lagos, Never lived in Lagos, owns nothing, even a pin in Lagos.

Their closest to Lagos is what they see on TV or a couple of hours after arriving from their various villages on their way to collect their Oluwole visas onwards to London for a life of credit card crime in Thamesmead.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by koolchicco: 5:13pm On Dec 27, 2009
Eziachi:

The funny thing about most of these people that fight over who should be in Lagos and who shouldn't knew next to nothing about Lagos. They pay no tax to Lagos, Never lived in Lagos, owns nothing, even a pin in Lagos.

Their closest to Lagos is what they see on TV or a couple of hours after arriving from their various villages on their way to collect their Oluwole visas onwards to London for a life of credit card crime in Thamesmead.

grin Bros, Nwayo nwayo nau.

U dey vex ooo! grin grin
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by ijeoma2619: 5:24pm On Dec 27, 2009
abeg help me tell @ kool lol. eziachi calm down biko.
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by ezeagu(m): 5:28pm On Dec 27, 2009
SEFAGO:

in what way are they similar to israelite jews?

In every way, get over it, it does not concern you, or am I lying?
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by SEFAGO(m): 6:05pm On Dec 27, 2009
In every way, get over it, it does not concern you, or am I lying?

which one should I address- that igbos are Jews grin, or that you are a liar? ot that it does not concern me?

If you know the achievement to sephardic jews, you would not be insolent enough to compare them to the insignificant ones of the omoibo. When the omoibo can start to just dominate academics in Nigeria, then you should come back and talk about jewish people who comprise 30% of the ivy league and wall street not aba street angry
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by mekusxxx: 6:09pm On Dec 27, 2009
SEFAGO:

which one should I address- that igbos are Jews grin, or that you are a liar? ot that it does not concern me?

If you know the achievement to sephardic jews, you would not be insolent enough to compare them to the insignificant ones of the omoibo. When the omoibo can start to just dominate academics in Nigeria, then you should come back and talk about jewish people who comprise 30% of the ivy league and wall street not aba street angry

And when they post negative articles about Yoruba you will complain. Not so?
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by gidson12(m): 6:10pm On Dec 27, 2009
Eziachi, u are hot, i'm enjoy this, nwanne buru gawa, tell dem
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by ijeoma2619: 6:13pm On Dec 27, 2009
lol@gidson, you are not helping this matter you know
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by SEFAGO(m): 6:16pm On Dec 27, 2009
And when they post negative articles about Yoruba you will complain. Not so?

Of course I will. But I hate liars too- stop refering to yourself as Jews when you are black africans. If I told you I was white, you no go vex? or Egyptian? Abeg be proud of yourself. And na lie i talk?
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by gidson12(m): 6:25pm On Dec 27, 2009
@ ijeoma
all dis ofe nmanu ppl are always quick 2 get high anytime dey hear about d ibos. So it good someone tell dem d truth
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by THEAMAKA1: 6:27pm On Dec 27, 2009
i dont believe we are Jews but they came from us.
but anyway it doesnt really matter cause they say the first humans were from east africa.
who cares, we are all from the same people.  tongue
Re: Xmas: Igbos Desert Lagos by SEFAGO(m): 6:29pm On Dec 27, 2009
i dont believe we are Jews.

No one does either grin,

Truck Drivers Block Road In Kogi, Protest N10,000 Daily Tax By State Government / Female Suicide Bomber Kills 10 Worshippers In Maiduguri Mosque / President Buhari Has Failed Integrity Test. - PDP

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60