Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,822 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, (21818 Views)

Britain Worried Over Buhari's Sack Of Dr Akilu In NSA's Office- UK Telegraph / Jonathan And Muttalab Meet ! / Breaking News: CIA, FBI storm Nigeria; quiz Muttalab snr. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Sagamite(m): 10:09pm On Dec 26, 2009
viewlekan:

I think we are over-reacting a bit. Yes, it is a disgrace that one of us(unfortunately), tried to blow himself up with "firecrackers" ( a bit silly for someone who apparently was studying Engineering), but I dont think it would mean profiling of Nigerians as Terrorists ( the CIA and FBI and other security agencies know better), yes there are going to be elements in the country who are crazy enough to blow up themselves, but we all know that they form a very very very minute part of the Nigerian population( and these security agencies know this as well).

If you guys can recollect that one of the sucide bombers in london in 2005 was a Jamaican muslim convert and this has not led to labelling jamaica as a terriorist country, yes some would argue that ther are more muslims in Nigeria than Jamaica , but as Nigerians we know our deficiencies, ( poverty, corruption, 419 etc), blowing up ourselves in the name of religion is certainly not one of our problems to be honest!!!,  We would get over this

Anybody that thinks this is such a huge damage to Nigeria is an ediot.

The worst that would happen is that I feel sorry for any Nigerian that has a long strong string of Islamic names who wants to travel.

That person should just make sure his underwear is neat and presentable.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Sagamite(m): 10:11pm On Dec 26, 2009
calyx:

While SANUSI LAMIDO SANISU was busy chasing bank chaimen and directors that have petty houses in dubai and make transfers of N10 million or below, he closed his eyes to the enormous amount being thrown around by his friends! How come this boy lives in a house worth 4-8 million in dollars?? Thats just one of the houses! The last time i checked Dr Muttalab does not even own First Bank!!!!

You are re-tarded.

How is it Sanusi's job to check how much his friends are worth? Fooooooooooooool!
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Sagamite(m): 10:14pm On Dec 26, 2009
Nizoral:

Oh oh its gettin hot in here.@real4life, morrow amongst odas truth dy say is very bita. Hmmmmm 4 d extremists dy are stil muslims or ar dy not? Am nt judgin here but its clear

Don't you think it would be much easier to post you contributions in English and make it more readable?
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by MrCrackles(m): 10:15pm On Dec 26, 2009
calyx:

While SANUSI LAMIDO SANISU was busy chasing bank chaimen and directors that have petty houses in dubai and make transfers of N10 million or below, he closed his eyes to the enormous amount being thrown around by his friends! How come this boy lives in a house worth 4-8 million in dollars?? Thats just one of the houses! The last time i checked Dr Muttalab does not even own First Bank!!!!
It is beggars belief the kinda daft posters that respond to a thread on this forum. . .
Do you have any concrete evidence he owns the property?
Do you know whether the property was even rented or on a mortgage?
Use your head next time you reply to a thread or discuss issues on a public forum. . .
Dimwit!
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Beaf: 10:15pm On Dec 26, 2009
Roliks09:

@beaf, this should be a forum for intelligent people who can argue their points without name-calling. You dont need to call any1 A SlowPoke or  a fool to make a point. It even more shows your incapability for logical argument and reveals the abysmally low level of your tolerance. Anyways, Nigeria as a whole is affected and the international world wont make a distinction btw southern Nigerian and Nothern Nigerian. The earlier we wake up 2 this,d better.

I will say what I like. If an argument is dangerous, I will make my opinion known in unmistakable terms. Lives have been innocent lost on such logic
About Nigeria being affected as a whole, I am not too sure; the South and non-Muslims would be affected to a much smaller degree than the Sharia states of the North. The US / UK have always been wary of Al Qaeda links with Northen Nigeria.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by cold(m): 10:15pm On Dec 26, 2009
viewlekan:

I think we are over-reacting a bit. Yes, it is a disgrace that one of us(unfortunately), tried to blow himself up with "firecrackers" ( a bit silly for someone who apparently was studying Engineering), but I dont think it would mean profiling of Nigerians as Terrorists ( the CIA and FBI and other security agencies know better), yes there are going to be elements in the country who are crazy enough to blow up themselves, but we all know that they form a very very very minute part of the Nigerian population( and these security agencies know this as well).

If you guys can recollect that one of the sucide bombers in london in 2005 was a Jamaican muslim convert and this has not led to labelling jamaica as a terriorist country, yes some would argue that ther are more  in Nigeria than Jamaica , but as Nigerians we know our deficiencies, ( poverty, corruption, 419 etc), blowing up ourselves in the name of religion is certainly not one of our problems to be honest!!!,  We would get over this

Well u may hav a point there,but u're well aware Nigeria & Nigerians are already in the black books of most countries & this wld b used as the perfect xcuse to finally bring d axe down on nigerians.so fellow nigerians brace up for tougher tyms at airports arnd the globe.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by real4life: 10:16pm On Dec 26, 2009
Seriously, if you continue reasoning like that, you will be called names. Perhaps your view of the "context" was wrong from the onset?

Seeing that you are still confused, that post was a reply to a specific question by someone. It is not directly related to this thread. And I used the examples because they are the most recent events closely related to our topic.

And just for the records, I am not bothered about being called names cos I know who I am. I also have the right to reply in kind if I feel like it so just take it easy.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Nizoral(f): 10:17pm On Dec 26, 2009
Its geting hot in here so hoit. Hmmmmmmm oh gosh am supose 2 b traveln january dy gona strip me naked at heathrow airport tnx 2 farouk *pshew*
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 26, 2009
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by chika98: 10:21pm On Dec 26, 2009
Now my question is: Has the Nigerian government released any statement or anything remotely to that effect about the alleged terror attack?
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by real4life: 10:24pm On Dec 26, 2009
@Nizoral

So its getting hot, take off your shirt and enjoy, i have been bored since the xmas break started so I have a lot of time to burn

Dont worry about that strip search thing, they cant really see the goodies
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Beaf: 10:26pm On Dec 26, 2009
real4life:

Seeing that you are still confused, that post was a reply to a specific question by someone. It is not directly related to this thread. And I used the examples because they are the most recent events closely related to our topic.

And just for the records, I am not bothered about being called names cos I know who I am. I also have the right to reply in kind if I feel like it so just take it easy.

I don't see how shooting in US schools, the attack on Belusconi, Israeli apartheid, the pushing down of the pope etc can justify a terrorist act committed by a Nigerian. The shame is yours.

. . .Are you by any chance saying Abdul Farouk Abdul Mutallab is not a terrorist? Or his leg caught fire by mistake? You alone understand.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Sagamite(m): 10:31pm On Dec 26, 2009
guddsid:

what do u expect from a country who put the likes of sanusi lamido who is an extremist as the CBN governor . All i can say is that a lot of heads would roll when the CIA interrogates this silly ABOKI . There are loads of prominent representatives , senators and even governors FROM THE NORTH  behind this mess , Nigeria has become a breeding ground for terrorist activities . I think its best we have a sovereign national conference and decide if we want to be in this failed state called Nigeria . GOOD PEOPLE GREAT NATION , HAHAHA , ABEG MAKE WE HEAR WORD JO!

You are a re.tard!
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by calyx: 10:33pm On Dec 26, 2009
You are re-tarded.

How is it Sanusi's job to check how much his friends are worth? Fooooooooooooool!

Sagamite ur a big fool! its not Sanusi's job to c heck how much his friend's are worth but its his damned job to know how many houses any director of a bank has and how much they are worth!!!!!Its a job he gave himself and he cant afford to be seen as keeping sacred cows!

It is beggars belief the kinda daft posters that respond to a thread on this forum. . .
Do you have any concrete evidence he owns the property?
Do you know whether the property was even rented or on a mortgage?
Use your head next time you reply to a thread or discuss issues on a public forum. . .
Dimwit!

These sanusi apologists can never surprise me! So now theres no concrete evidence that he owns the property. I beg you show me whereever its mentioned that sanusi has provided any sort of evidence(including as basic as pictures) of the houses he claims the bank directors have in different countries that is enough to shoot them! Pig heads all of you.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Sagamite(m): 10:35pm On Dec 26, 2009
calyx:

Sagamite your a big fool! its not Sanusi's job to c heck how much his friend's are worth but its his damned job to know how many houses any director of a bank has and how much they are worth!!!!!Its a job he gave himself and he cant afford to be seen as keeping sacred cows!

You are a mo.ron!

His job is not to investigate. The directors have to report it.

Investigation is only done by Police if a crime occurs. Foooooooooooool!
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by tlops(m): 10:38pm On Dec 26, 2009
Na wa oh, new branding for Nigerians, CBN better closes down the so called JAIZ bank, probably the 50 billion capital base deposit was from terrorism, National Assembly should not overlook this piece of info,
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by bidemi12(m): 10:40pm On Dec 26, 2009
Quote from: real4life on Today at 01:58:14 PM
Why all the hateful mails against the North? How many times have Nigerians of Southern origin disgraced this country abroad?

Can I conclude that all females from Edo and Delta guys are harlots or retired harlots who have retired from Italy?

Can I conclude that everyone from the South west is a fraudster, yahoo yahoo?

Can I conclude that all niger deltans are militants or terrorists?

Enough of the hate please, you should all cover your hateful faces in shame

@real life     But none of this can be compared to being of northern Nigerian descent and being a suicide bomber.  grin

True talk.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by real4life: 10:42pm On Dec 26, 2009
Beaf,

You are clearly a dumb illiterate. I am shocked because i thought otherwise

Let me break it down for you, in my previous posts I said:

1. If the accused is proven guilty then his action must be strongly condemned

2. Because he is a muslim/northerner does not mean all muslims/northerners have the same ideology as him

3. The post you have been referring to is a completely different case because it has nothing to do with that young man
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by smakcad(m): 10:43pm On Dec 26, 2009
pls NLer look at this progression-the father gets an islamic bank>sanusi is gvner>sanusi writes abt islam condeming bombing>son bombs an airport.
frm amy candid analysis the islammic could be used to fund terrorism because it can get cover up(it would not be exposed)since their own person is there.the boy(son)tests his skills abroad,he succeeds,and he is deployed to naija.pls peeps lets work on and criticise this analysis plsssssss
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Ibime(m): 10:44pm On Dec 26, 2009
So much ado about nothing.

Most people see it for what it is - a loner acting out his fantasies.

Even the boys popsie reported the boy to the US authorities 6 months ago.

This shows that terrorism is not supported in Nigeria, and everyone gets the message. There have been no reports of sweltering muslim extremism in Nigeria on CNN. They didnt even bring up the Boko Haram story to paint a picture about extremism in Naija.

This shows that the authorities take it for what it is - a lone fantasist influenced by foreign extremists whilst living in London.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by oderemo(m): 10:44pm On Dec 26, 2009
w
hat do u expect from a country who put the likes of sanusi lamido who is an extremist as the CBN governor . All i can say is that a lot of heads would roll when the CIA interrogates this silly ABOKI . There are loads of prominent representatives , senators and even governors FROM THE NORTH  behind this mess , Nigeria has become a breeding ground for terrorist activities . I think its best we have a sovereign national conference and decide if we want to be in this failed state called Nigeria . GOOD PEOPLE GREAT NATION , HAHAHA , ABEG MAKE WE HEAR WORD JO!

y dont you vent your anger on something else. like something productive
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Sagamite(m): 10:48pm On Dec 26, 2009
tlops:

Na wa oh, new branding for Nigerians, CBN better closes down the so called JAIZ bank, probably the 50 billion capital base  deposit was from terrorism,  National Assembly should not overlook this piece of info,

Another re.tard!
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Beaf: 10:51pm On Dec 26, 2009
real4life:

Beaf,

You are clearly a dumb illiterate. I am shocked because i thought otherwise

Let me break it down for you, in my previous posts I said:

1. If the accused is proven guilty then his action must be strongly condemned

2. Because he is a muslim/northerner does not mean all muslims/northerners have the same ideology as him

3. The post you have been referring to is a completely different case because it has nothing to do with that young man

Forget it man, in maybe 40 or 50 years time you will suddenly see the light (you might be a bit too slow right now). Certain arguments are bloody dangerous, period.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by ehala: 10:52pm On Dec 26, 2009
Alot has been said and anger generated as a result of this cowardly act perpertrated by this good for nothing fellow. Its unfortunate that this young man is among 'a few privilege' (or should i say aristocratic) class whose father helped to deform the country. He grew up with the best things in life, but chose the path of destruction - now an innocent person like me has become an object ridicule. The annoying thing is that his so called father had alerted both the nigerian and USA securities regarding the extreme views of his son but was not taken seriously. Now it has culminated into an abysmal disgrace and has once more put all of us nigerians in diaspora in a very precarious position prompting unnecessary animosity from the international community and hatred thus outrasizing us from the comity of nations - but its time the Muslims in Nigeria begin to understand that the world is large enough to contain us all. this is really sad and disheartening - He'll be sentenced to life in prison in the states while his mother regret the day she conceived him, his father will begin to doubt if this is really his son he had invested millions on. Shame that a one time nigeria minister's son could attempt such a despicable act. Nigerians love to learn the hard way!
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by real4life: 10:54pm On Dec 26, 2009
@beaf

okay goodnite i love you too
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Beaf: 10:58pm On Dec 26, 2009
real4life:

@beaf

okay goodnite i love you too

If you are a fine girl, I no shake.
But if you are one ugly male guy with pimples and k leg, I have doberman waiting.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 26, 2009
I read dat d MUMU has already startd talkin to d authorities like a FOOL he is, I'm hvin a feelin dat top nigerians wil be conected to dat EVIL act,
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Alxmyr(m): 11:01pm On Dec 26, 2009
He became google 8th most popular search in the last few hour.
The regret is the connection between the high powered Nigerian who ordinary would have being the guy's godfather, the perceived Islamization of Nigerian core institutions, the cold relationship between Yar'Adua's aso rock and Obama white house, the finacial backing of his father- he lives in $8 million mansion at age of 23 without known source  of livelihood except his father's fabulous wealth, the sickly president and slowpoke cabinet members who will fail woefully at managing the aftermath of the crisis.
The bastard should be summarily sentence to death.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by whiteroses(f): 11:17pm On Dec 26, 2009
on newyork daily, they said his university states they are not certain their student is the same person, whats that now undecided even his school is embarassed? lol
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by GettysBurg: 11:20pm On Dec 26, 2009
Sagamite:

You are re-tarded.

@ sagamite,

I thought you were made of finer stuff!  

Do you know that, to a lunatic, every normal man is  lunatic? Don't keep calling everyone that opposes names. I've seen u do that 5 times on this thread.

Anyway, i can authoritatively say now that the US govt has begun to beam serious searchlights on SANUSI, and his possible links to the whole saga.

There is report of impending pressure on the presidency to 'look in' on Sanusi.

More on this later.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by Sagamite(m): 11:24pm On Dec 26, 2009
GettysBurg:

@ sagamite,

I thought you were made of finer stuff!  

Do you know that, to a lunatic, every normal man is  lunatic? Don't keep calling everyone that opposes names. I've seen u do that 5 times on this thread.

Anyway, i can authoritatively say now that the US govt has begun to beam serious searchlights on SANUSI, and his possible links to the whole saga.

There is report of impending pressure on the presidency to 'look in' on Sanusi.

More on this later.

No, mate, this is just another one of your fumbles.

You goofed when you thought I was made of finer stuff. No, mate, I am made of the finest stuff.

Provide your links instead of giving us sophism.
Re: Northwest Flight 253 Leg-bomber Is Son Of Dr.umaru Abdul Muttalab, by mbulela: 11:25pm On Dec 26, 2009
i am perplexed at how Sanusi got into this topic.
I amazed at our train of thought and reasoning.
The boy's father is partly culpable because the boy could not have lived out these fantasies if the father cut o financial support after the boy disowned the family and the father was aware of his extreme tendencies.
on another note, i see no link between this issue and his father's boardroom career.the link is psychotic and at best delusional.
on a final note,all muslims and northerners are not like this.some of my best friends are northerners and muslims.
these friends of mine are models of humanity and moderation.
I am farthest from islam and do not believe in its tenets but all its believers cannot be painted in the light that is dominating this thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

El-rufai Visits Yakowa’s Hometown As He Declares Kaduna Guber Bid / Ndigbo Students Hold Solidarity Rally For President Buhari In Abuja (Photos) / Sowore’s 'Revolution Now’ Movement: Things You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.