Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,188 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" (17683 Views)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo And Wife, Modele Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary / Lumumba: Churches With Husband And Wife Pastors Are Pyramid Scheme (VIDEO) / RCCG Pastor, Edet Effiong Eneh And Wife Celebrate 12th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 02, 2017
i thought they said salvation is personal

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Lexusgs430: 8:17am On Apr 02, 2017
It's not wrong, but it's nicer if both attended the same church.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 02, 2017
it depends
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by hopefulLandlord: 8:19am On Apr 02, 2017
Iseoluwani:

Delusioned atheist

Always in the religion section just to make relevance
hey bro, its been long since I saw you there tongue
hope you're good
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by JideAmuGiaka: 8:20am On Apr 02, 2017
Katier00:
we got married as Catholics but he One day woke up and started attending, the Lord's chosen without my consent. He tried to compel me to change my church, omo me tell am say, it won't work. so he respected himself n maintained his lane, me still they go catholic but he has changed his church 5 times now. confusion galore .

Your wife is more spiritually matured than you are. You had better allow her join a living church.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Jay542(m): 8:21am On Apr 02, 2017
I don't think it is appropriate.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:21am On Apr 02, 2017
.....See all of them saying "it's best they attend the same church" but will cry fowl and say some Churches like to marry only Their members. Lol
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by abdulaz: 8:23am On Apr 02, 2017
We the atheists and deists are indifferent though.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by sakalisis(m): 8:29am On Apr 02, 2017
It is wrong
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Exjoker(m): 8:29am On Apr 02, 2017
Blah! blah!! Long epistle. It is called individual differences. You can use religion to subdue someone to do something against his/her own wish

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by laurel03(m): 8:33am On Apr 02, 2017
Freethought:

Yes my dear, any disagreement in a. Xtian Home that causes couples to attend different churches is against the laws of God and anytin yu do which is against the laws stated in d bible is a SIN
then church suppose to be one.... that is one of the major problem of we xtain eg deeper life girl will tell Catholic guy that they can't marry each other because of diff doctrine...
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by AreaFada2: 8:34am On Apr 02, 2017
Another religious division.

Some say couples of different church denominations should not marry, so a Christian should not marry a Muslim in his/her wildest dreams?

If people think like this, why do different tribes even live together in one country??

Our knack to cause division along every possible line is sickening. How did we even get here?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by AreaFada2: 8:36am On Apr 02, 2017
Pidgin2:

Nawao, which one is loss of control there

Maybe na dog he dey talk about. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by goonsmi: 8:48am On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I'm for real, unlike your imaginary friend

I'm doing "other things" with my life, its no use saying those things on Nairaland tongue

but you, you claimed a Jew that was killed in a small Israeli village died for your misdemeanors

Take a look at a map. You're in a small country off the coast of west africa. Try to locate Israel on that map and estimate the distance between you and Israel. Think about the number of cultures, governments, people, histories and stories that you'd journey through if you were to trek to Israel by foot. So someone who was killed in one small village there was dying for your sins? I pity you.

And the worst is that people are still been killed, crucified , punished and condemn for committing sin And someone will still be telling us another man died for our sins.

Confusion galoreeeee.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Iseoluwani: 8:49am On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

hey bro, its been long since I saw you there tongue

hope you're good

I am

ALL GLORY TO GOD
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by 0b10010011: 8:58am On Apr 02, 2017
The one and only threat to human existence is religion!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by 0b10010011: 9:00am On Apr 02, 2017
[b]
hopefulLandlord:

I'm for real, unlike your imaginary friend

I'm doing "other things" with my life, its no use saying those things on Nairaland tongue

but you, you claimed a Jew that was killed in a small Israeli village died for your misdemeanors

Take a look at a map. You're in a small country off the coast of west africa. Try to locate Israel on that map and estimate the distance between you and Israel. Think about the number of cultures, governments, people, histories and stories that you'd journey through if you were to trek to Israel by foot. So someone who was killed in one small village there was dying for your sins? I pity you.

and oh! the Jews themselves who lived during Jesus time didn't even believe Jesus was the Messiah, that's why THERE ARE MORE MUSLIMS IN ISRAEL THAN THERE ARE CHRISTIANS

The religious affiliation of the Israeli population
as of 2011 was 75.4% Judaism , 16.9%
Muslim , 2.1% Christian

but a Nigerian read from a book and quickly believes the Jews were wrong

Nigerians need to free themselves from all these nonsense
[/b]

You re brilliant!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by HARYORBAMZ(m): 9:01am On Apr 02, 2017
I love this topic
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by nurusystem(m): 9:01am On Apr 02, 2017
Please what church did Jesus christ attended?and Marry ,a friend said she went to Catholic .i am not convince yet.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by HARYORBAMZ(m): 9:02am On Apr 02, 2017
I love this topic cool
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by nurusystem(m): 9:04am On Apr 02, 2017
Katier00:
we got married as Catholics but he One day woke up and started attending, the Lord's chosen without my consent. He tried to compel me to change my church, omo me tell am say, it won't work. so he respected himself n maintained his lane, me still they go catholic but he has changed his church 5 times now. confusion galore .

Please which church is more okkk this days,,
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by pek(m): 9:05am On Apr 02, 2017
And the two shall be one. Where is the oneness when they attend different churches? It is wrong, unethical and inexplicable.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by nurusystem(m): 9:06am On Apr 02, 2017
IBpaul:
Attending different churches means dy are not couples

1+1=1
You are wrong 1+1+1 =1 in spirit But in flesh 1+1+1=3
But in islam 1=1
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by pek(m): 9:07am On Apr 02, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
.....See all of them saying "it's best they attend the same church" but will cry fowl and say some Churches like to marry only Their members. Lol
Fowl ke? What of chicken?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Ubenedictus(m): 9:08am On Apr 02, 2017
Freethought:

Yes my dear, any disagreement in a. Xtian Home that causes couples to attend different churches is against the laws of God and anytin yu do which is against the laws stated in d bible is a SIN
Which law are you talking about? na so people go lie for bible head.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by murmee: 9:08am On Apr 02, 2017
Lilyqueeny:
it depends
It depends on what? My dear you are not communicating. You need to clearly state your thoughts.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 02, 2017
lonelydora:
Yes! It is wrong. Have you ever read where the bible said "...and the two became one"

Read Jn 17

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 02, 2017
Welcome to Christianity, but such can't happen in a Muslim home
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Mouthgag: 9:18am On Apr 02, 2017
Katier00:
Your husband is a confused man... there's something he is looking for... Beware!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by nuelsylves(m): 9:28am On Apr 02, 2017
Katier00:

Lol! Once they start changing church, they will keep changing till...., You will normally hear 'Churches are all the same' from those kind of people. Forgetting that Mercedes and KIA are all vehicles but one pass the other. CATHOLIC CHURCH is one of the Oldest religious Institution in the world. It's not a church where a Priest or Pastor forces his personal Doctrine on the congregations, No. It's an institution instituted by Christ Himself. They follow the footsteps of Christ not that of a Pastor or a Priest.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by missyadorable(f): 9:29am On Apr 02, 2017
It doesn't matter...

I grew up in a home where my parents attended same church,sat on same bench until my dad was made an elder

But they fight monday to saturday and continue after service on Sunday...
Elder always maltreating n beating his wife and nothing church could do about it.

Now,am married...my husband is catholic and attend 6am mass.I don't like catholic church...I rarely follow him.I attend Winners Chapel close to the house with our baby.

The most important thing is : We are at peace with each other.

Bottomline: Church doesn't matter!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi / Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? / Ukrainian Pastor Karen Zelfimein: 'God Is Sending Angels To Protect Us'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.