Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" (17682 Views)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo And Wife, Modele Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary / Lumumba: Churches With Husband And Wife Pastors Are Pyramid Scheme (VIDEO) / RCCG Pastor, Edet Effiong Eneh And Wife Celebrate 12th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by yinks0067: 9:31am On Apr 02, 2017
smartty68:
Hmmm. My fellow Christians matter don tire me. The division in the Christiandom is really absurd. God is everywhere. Everyday different churches with fliers go the find members, e con dey make me the wonder if another God dey wey I no sabi

As for me i have given up on religion ....my gf is a xtian while me am a muslim....the whole thing don tire me ...that. i have given up on religion!!!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by nuelsylves(m): 9:32am On Apr 02, 2017
wizzywisdom:
Welcome to Christianity, but such can't happen in a Muslim home
Because Muslims uses a kind of force in their practices including in conversion.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by yinks0067: 9:34am On Apr 02, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:

Your wife is more spiritually matured than you are. You had better allow her join a living church.

While i read through all thw comment ..i will just say , the church is an instutuition ,while faith is eternal.....all churches ir denominations never had any preferences in the sight of god .. They are all an instituition ... Take a good look around you what has religiin brought us tell me ?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Freethought(m): 9:35am On Apr 02, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Which law are you talking about? na so people go lie for bible head.

The best tin yu are supposed to do is ask questions and not take pride in your ignorance.

What does the bible teaches abt unity in marriage?!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by yinks0067: 9:36am On Apr 02, 2017
0b10010011:
[b][/b]

You re brilliant!

Bravo!!!!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Freethought(m): 9:37am On Apr 02, 2017
laurel03:
then church suppose to be one.... that is one of the major problem of we xtain eg deeper life girl will tell Catholic guy that they can't marry each other because of diff doctrine...

Exactly why I don't attend churches. All I do is study my bible, worship and pray to God if need be
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by fof1: 9:53am On Apr 02, 2017
laurel03:
sin then church suppose to be one.... that is one of the major problem of we xtain eg deeper life girl will tell Catholic guy that they can't marry each other because of diff doctrine... redeem run for celestial, Jehova witness never agree for pentecostal etc like say Jesus is different.

MY FRIEND KNOW WHAT U ARE SAYING.JEHOVAH'S WITNESS IS NOT A CHRISTIAN DENOMINATION OR CHURCH. ITS MORE OR LESS A CULT OR A CONGREGATION WITHOUT SPECIFIC FOCUS.WHY, THEY DONOT BELIEVE IN JEDUS CHRIST AS D SON OF GOD AND SAVIOUR, SO THEY DO NOT PRAY THRO HIM OR WORSHIP D LORD. FIND OUT D DIRECTIONS OF THESE CONGREGATIONS B4 U LIST THEM OR COMPARE. CHRIST IS ONE FOUNDATION, ONE FAITH BUT MAN HAS DIVIDED D HOUSE OF GOD,EVEN IN SPIRIT MANY ARE DIVIDED. HAPPY SUNDAY.SHALOM.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by SURElee(f): 10:15am On Apr 02, 2017
eezeribe:
The so called churches have caused more division than unity...
It is really absurd to see members of the same church who worship in the head quarters,having an air of superiority on those who worship in smaller branches.
That's why I enjoy my Sundays at home.

True talk. God is everywhere I wonder why they place emphasis on HQ.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by SURElee(f): 10:16am On Apr 02, 2017
Katier00:
we got married as Catholics but he One day woke up and started attending, the Lord's chosen without my consent. He tried to compel me to change my church, omo me tell am say, it won't work. so he respected himself n maintained his lane, me still they go catholic but he has changed his church 5 times now. confusion galore .

Hahahahaha@ confusion galore
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by laurel03(m): 10:23am On Apr 02, 2017
fof1:

MY FRIEND KNOW WHAT U ARE SAYING.JEHOVAH'S WITNESS IS NOT A CHRISTIAN DENOMINATION OR CHURCH. ITS MORE OR LESS A CULT OR A CONGREGATION WITHOUT SPECIFIC FOCUS.WHY, THEY DONOT BELIEVE IN JEDUS CHRIST AS D SON OF GOD AND SAVIOUR, SO THEY DO NOT PRAY THRO HIM OR WORSHIP D LORD. FIND OUT D DIRECTIONS OF THESE CONGREGATIONS B4 U LIST THEM OR COMPARE. CHRIST IS ONE FOUNDATION, ONE FAITH BUT MAN HAS DIVIDED D HOUSE OF GOD,EVEN IN SPIRIT MANY ARE DIVIDED. HAPPY SUNDAY.SHALOM.
Jehovah witness is which religion?? what will you call seventh day adventist ? c&s ? Lutheran etc xtainity wt uncountable doctrine...
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Ishilove: 10:26am On Apr 02, 2017
Homeboiy:
Its is not wrong

no be one God all of them dey serve?

Christians tire me
I tire o. I don't see anything wrong in attending different churches as long as it is a bible believing church. My friend who was raised in Deeper Life joined MFM in her teenage. Her mum kept attending Deeper Life, her dad Anglican and the children MFM and they were one big, happy family.

Us Christians are the ones imposing doctrines on ourselves.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by nc201016(m): 10:33am On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I'm for real, unlike your imaginary friend

I'm doing "other things" with my life, its no use saying those things on Nairaland tongue

but you, you claimed a Jew that was killed in a small Israeli village died for your misdemeanors

Take a look at a map. You're in a small country off the coast of west africa. Try to locate Israel on that map and estimate the distance between you and Israel. Think about the number of cultures, governments, people, histories and stories that you'd journey through if you were to trek to Israel by foot. So someone who was killed in one small village there was dying for your sins? I pity you.

and oh! the Jews themselves who lived during Jesus time didn't even believe Jesus was the Messiah, that's why THERE ARE MORE MUSLIMS IN ISRAEL THAN THERE ARE CHRISTIANS

The religious affiliation of the Israeli population
as of 2011 was 75.4% Judaism , 16.9%
Muslim , 2.1% Christian

but a Nigerian read from a book and quickly believes the Jews were wrong; a book written by anonymous authors

Nigerians need to free themselves from all these nonsense

SHUT UP.....
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by nc201016(m): 10:42am On Apr 02, 2017
nuelsylves:

Because Muslims uses a kind of force in their practices including in conversion.
spritual force abi physical force?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by nuelsylves(m): 10:47am On Apr 02, 2017
nc201016:

spritual force abi physical force?

Hmmm! I don't know about spiritual force o!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by nc201016(m): 10:49am On Apr 02, 2017
I came from a home were we all attended different churches, and we were all Happy and would foreva remain Happy..
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by silbert(m): 10:50am On Apr 02, 2017
Kondomatic:
Your point is?
her point is her husband is confused and she is more confused no offense oh grin
Kondomatic:
Your point is?
her point is her husband is confused and she is more confused no offense oh
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by nc201016(m): 10:51am On Apr 02, 2017
nuelsylves:

Hmmm! I don't know about spiritual force o!
it's a lie... you know
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by nuelsylves(m): 10:54am On Apr 02, 2017
nc201016:

it's a lie... you know

Even truths can be regarded as lies. It all depends the angle one chooses to view it.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by kevoh(m): 11:04am On Apr 02, 2017
Atheists can marry Atheists without problème! wink wink
Atheists can also marry all the other adherents of other 4000 religions without problem! tongue tongue
But the Christians are finding it hard to marry each other let alone the the other adherents of other 4000 religions! undecided undecided
And they say we are the ones without love and in need of being tortured in hell instead ! cry cry
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Katier00(f): 11:06am On Apr 02, 2017
Kondomatic:
Your point is?
my point is that, it is not wrong to worship in different church , especially when your spouse don't give a damn about it
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Katier00(f): 11:10am On Apr 02, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:

Your wife is more spiritually matured than you are. You had better allow her join a living church.
which one is living church
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Kondomatic(m): 11:11am On Apr 02, 2017
Katier00:
my point is that, it is not wrong to worship in different church , especially when your spouse don't give a damn about it
It is not wrong because it's truly not wrong or because you're doing it?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Samadict(f): 11:17am On Apr 02, 2017
Moferere:
How will my wife be attending a different church?

It's a sign of lost of control
Control freak spotted. Well done sir!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Origin(f): 11:30am On Apr 02, 2017
Yep yep yep yep.

For they shall come together and become one ( united)
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by gudofuck231: 11:45am On Apr 02, 2017
Opeomoope:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.gotquestions.org/amp/separate-churches.html

The woman is supposed to follow her husband's religious ways, except you marry wayward wife then your family is in soup, spiritually and morally
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Odkboy23(m): 11:54am On Apr 02, 2017
Depends on the situation sha.....some years back when my late brother was sick, my Dad was a staunch Deeper life member, mum has to change cos of the situation, Dad didn't change his church because he believed very well in it but still He supported my mum all through without any complains, by picking and dropping whenever they are going to another church, money etc it actually brought them closer up till now....

So what I'm saying is...attending different churches is not that a big deal as far there is love and understanding in the family

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 02, 2017
nuelsylves:

The Bible say, "And they shall become ONE" isn't this a kind of force?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by dam4wummy(m): 11:56am On Apr 02, 2017
laurel03:
sin then church suppose to be one.... that is one of the major problem of we xtain eg deeper life girl will tell Catholic guy that they can't marry each other because of diff doctrine... redeem run for celestial, Jehova witness never agree for pentecostal etc like say Jesus is different.
I just wonder oooo, my parents attend different churches, we children also attend different churches, infact different from either of our parents and our home is as sweet as anyone would wish to be among. There is only one Jesus and until we Christians accept the fact and stop criticising doctrines, we would only be religious and not spiritual.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 02, 2017
murmee:
It depends on what? My dear you are not communicating. You need to clearly state your thoughts.

If the couples has agreed to go to different churches before getting married. There's no problem with that
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Sonn(m): 12:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
wrong or right' i can't really say, but for the sake of the children' its not advisable for me
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by idexpaul1: 12:29pm On Apr 02, 2017
fof1:

Stop condemning. That is what is killing us in this country. We like castigating other churches as if the bible say their is a particular church, that is gateway to heaven.
Guy... just face yur church and do not judge. Judgement is from God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi / Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? / Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.