Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,678 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" (17687 Views)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo And Wife, Modele Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary / Lumumba: Churches With Husband And Wife Pastors Are Pyramid Scheme (VIDEO) / RCCG Pastor, Edet Effiong Eneh And Wife Celebrate 12th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by oladoja1(m): 6:05pm On Apr 02, 2017
nuelsylves:

Jesus did three things that established the framework of His Church. First, He chose humans to carry out His work. He appointed Peter to be the visible head of the Church. Jesus said to Peter, "You are Rock and on this rock I will build my Church." (Matthew 16: 18) Jesus said "build," as in to create a structure. Jesus built His structure on specifically chosen human beings Peter and the apostles.

Second, Jesus gave Peter and the apostles the power and authority to carry out His work. "Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven."(Matthew 16:19; 18:18) "Receive the Holy Spirit, whose sins you forgive, they are forgiven, whose sins you retain, they are retained."(John 20:23)

Third, Jesus gave Peter and the apostles commands as to what that work should be. At the last supper, He commanded, "Do this in memory of Me." (Luke 22:19) He commanded them to "Make disciples of all nations" (Matthew 28:19), and to "Go into the whole world and proclaim the Gospel to every creature." (Mark 16:15)

The early Church was structured in a hierarchical manner as it is today. We see in Acts, chapter 15 how the apostles and the elders came together under the leadership of St. Peter to decide the question of what was required of Gentiles. We also see how St. Peter was regarded as the head of the Church when St. Paul, "Went up to Jerusalem to confer with Kephas [Peter] and remained with him fifteen days." (Galatians 1:18) There is no Scriptural evidence of independent local churches.

The Catholic Church is the only church that can claim to have been founded by Christ personally. Every other church traces its lineage back to a mere human person such as Martin Luther or John Wesley. The Catholic Church can trace its lineage back to Jesus Christ who appointed St. Peter as the first pope. This line of popes has continued unbroken for almost 2,000 years.

God rules, instructs and sanctifies His people through His Church. Under her teaching office, the Catholic Church preserves the Word of God. She is the custodian, keeper, dispenser and interpreter of teachings of Christ. And she accomplishes this under the protection of the Holy Spirit.
cut the long story short oga, where is the church located or name so that I can type it to google and get more info
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by oladoja1(m): 6:06pm On Apr 02, 2017
mrdashing10:

He went to the synagogue to preach. Read your Bible 'if you got one'.
I wonder why my wife can't go to a Bible Believing Church different from the one I attend as long as Christ and godly living is taught there.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by oladoja1(m): 6:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
oladoja1:

1. synagogue: A place where Jews meet for worship.A congregation of Jews for the purpose of worship or religiousstudy.
2. churchsadcountable) A Christian house of worship; a building where religiousservices take place. 
hope u can see the difference
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by oladoja1(m): 6:10pm On Apr 02, 2017
oladoja1:

1. synagogue: A place where Jews meet for worship.A congregation of Jews for the purpose of worship or religiousstudy.
2. church countable) A Christian house of worship; a building where religiousservices take place.
hope u can see the difference. I was asking about the church Jesus went to
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Firstcitizen: 6:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
missyadorable:
It doesn't matter...

I grew up in a home where my parents attended same church,sat on same bench until my dad was made an elder

But they fight monday to saturday and continue after service on Sunday...
Elder always maltreating n beating his wife and nothing church could do about it.

Now,am married...my husband is catholic and attend 6am mass.I don't like catholic church...I rarely follow him.I attend Winners Chapel close to the house with our baby.

The most important thing is : We are at peace with each other.

Bottomline: Church doesn't matter!
Well said. Instead of Nigerian Christians to practice what Christ taught which is love they are more interested in stoking the embers of division.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by ossiken(m): 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2017
It is not wrong if both of them agree and show understanding
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Ubenedictus(m): 8:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
Freethought:

The best tin yu are supposed to do is ask questions and not take pride in your ignorance.

What does the bible teaches abt unity in marriage?!
so that meant denomination abi? oya tell me d law na
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Katier00(f): 8:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
Naughtysite:

He is not confused. He is searching for TRUTH. It is scarce. Many men of God preach Money, Success and Prosperity. While some preach theology and christian sacraments. How many preach JESUS ?

They are illiterates when it comes to preaching, Teaching and expanding the word of God. Some of them have spiritual gifts and just want to prophecy and perform miracle to bamboozle their hearers and extort money.

You who has been sitting in Catholic do not even know what is happening outside. You will likely start your own search when trouble knocks. Though don't pray for that.
my Friend , my faith is rooted in Christ my solid foundation not in any church and though Satan may buffet though trials may come , let this blessed assurance control, that has regarded my helpless estate and has shed his own blood for my soul. it is Jesus and not my church that will save me when trouble come knocking. so stay put in ur church and look at him who in torment died for you
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by FA13(m): 2:42am On Apr 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
A Nigerian couple shouldn't even believe a Jew died for their sins

wetin concern Israel with Nigeria

Because Jesus died for the whole world including you!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by hopefulLandlord: 2:44am On Apr 03, 2017
FA13:

Because Jesus died for the whole world including you!
them tell you say the Jews believe that nonsense?
its like Americans claiming Murtala Mohammed died for the whole world
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by waldigit: 3:50am On Apr 03, 2017
Opeomoope:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.gotquestions.org/amp/separate-churches.html

The problem started with converting Christianity to religion. This led to proliferation of movement and denomination.
Remember Christ did not run church ministry and neither did he condemn it. He expressed his fears over unity and Faith In the church of the end time.
Jesus was mostly concerned about "the church" with is the body of Christ.
Religion is the deviation from the Holy Spirit in fellowship with God and the end result is carnality. This why Jesus abstained from religion in his earthly ministry.
Observe some writings of Apostle Paul on Church administration. In many instances he made distinction between directive from the Holy Spirit and his personal opinion and discretion.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by jozz(m): 5:32pm On Apr 03, 2017
CoolFreeday:
I don't see it as a sin, though it might not be healthy for the relationship especially the children.
Its time we Christian begin to know that we worship one God irrespective of Church

Not True

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? / Ukrainian Pastor Karen Zelfimein: 'God Is Sending Angels To Protect Us' / Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.