Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,579 members, 7,823,517 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" (17686 Views)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo And Wife, Modele Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary / Lumumba: Churches With Husband And Wife Pastors Are Pyramid Scheme (VIDEO) / RCCG Pastor, Edet Effiong Eneh And Wife Celebrate 12th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by idexpaul1: 12:31pm On Apr 02, 2017
dam4wummy:

I just wonder oooo, my parents attend different churches, we children also attend different churches, infact different from either of our parents and our home is as sweet as anyone would wish to be among. There is only one Jesus and until we Christians accept the fact and stop criticising doctrines, we would only be religious and not spiritual.
Please tell them... confused human being.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Anusiemgood(m): 12:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
currently into these mess..
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by nelajayi(m): 12:44pm On Apr 02, 2017
Her point is clear! smiley
Kondomatic:
Your point is?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by LePrezident(m): 12:49pm On Apr 02, 2017
Freethought:
Xtian couples attending different church is a sign of disagreement in dere home which of course is a sin and make them less of a christian

Gentleman, please stop distorting the word of God. Since when where you given the responsibility of creating new categories of sin?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by LePrezident(m): 12:50pm On Apr 02, 2017
Kondomatic:
Your point is?

Was thinking the same thing...
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by KardinalZik(m): 12:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
It's wrong, though not a sin.

The Bible says:

And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: "and they twain shall be one flesh"?
[6] Wherefore "they are no more twain, but one flesh". What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder (Matthew 19:5-6).

NO MORE TWO.
Whatever they do, they must do in unity.
Attending separate Churches is an indication that they are STILL TWO.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by nuelsylves(m): 1:04pm On Apr 02, 2017
wizzywisdom:

The Bible say, "And they shall become ONE" isn't this a kind of force?
Can you please quote the book, chapter and verse of the Bible, so that I will be able to understand the angle you're taking it from.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by ayamdayvid(m): 1:04pm On Apr 02, 2017
It is not wrong considering the fact that we worship one God irrespective of the denomination. However, since different churches have their doctrines, there may be discrepancy in the doctrinal values of the couple which may not be best for them.
I feel they can reach a consensus to attend a church to allow the togetherness flourish. Come on now, love covers all things.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Hollasmall: 1:18pm On Apr 02, 2017
Abeg who get bottle water this heat too much
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by euchariadavid(f): 1:42pm On Apr 02, 2017
It is Wrong;why did they choose to become One if they know they cant attend the same churches,they should have remain singles
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by oladoja1(m): 1:42pm On Apr 02, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Christians and unnecessary worries...

@Topic it actually depends if the churches concerned share similar faith.

For instance, Anglican and Methodist or Celestial and C&S will not affect the home, but Catholic and Deeper Life, Celestial and Chosen etc would definitely cause commotion.

It is best for couple to fellowship in the same church
verse in the Bible where Jesus went to church
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Ruler2: 1:44pm On Apr 02, 2017
Katier00:
we got married as Catholics but he One day woke up and started attending, the Lord's chosen without my consent. He tried to compel me to change my church, omo me tell am say, it won't work. so he respected himself n maintained his lane, me still they go catholic but he has changed his church 5 times now. confusion galore .
cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by oladoja1(m): 1:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
mrdashing10:
All churches worship God, right?
one God now, cause Jesus never went to any church self
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by oladoja1(m): 1:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
nurusystem:
Please what church did Jesus christ attended?and Marry ,a friend said she went to Catholic .i am not convince yet.
let them give us d Bible verse so we can check it, any if Mary was also praying in his own name
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by oladoja1(m): 1:53pm On Apr 02, 2017
nuelsylves:

Lol! Once they start changing church, they will keep changing till...., You will normally hear 'Churches are all the same' from those kind of people. Forgetting that Mercedes and KIA are all vehicles but one pass the other. CATHOLIC CHURCH is one of the Oldest religious Institution in the world. It's not a church where a Priest or Pastor forces his personal Doctrine on the congregations, No. It's an institution instituted by Christ Himself. They follow the footsteps of Christ not that of a Pastor or a Priest.
hmm Bible verse of where Jesus talked about Catholic Church
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by oladoja1(m): 1:55pm On Apr 02, 2017
nuelsylves:

Because Muslims uses a kind of force in their practices including in conversion.
examples of force in practice
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by mildflame: 1:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by UncutSk(m): 1:58pm On Apr 02, 2017
Freethought:
Xtian couples attending different church is a sign of disagreement in dere home which of course is a sin and make them less of a christian
you dey craze sha

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I'm for real, unlike your imaginary friend

I'm doing "other things" with my life, its no use saying those things on Nairaland tongue

but you, you claimed a Jew that was killed in a small Israeli village died for your misdemeanors

Take a look at a map. You're in a small country off the coast of west africa. Try to locate Israel on that map and estimate the distance between you and Israel. Think about the number of cultures, governments, people, histories and stories that you'd journey through if you were to trek to Israel by foot. So someone who was killed in one small village there was dying for your sins? I pity you.

and oh! the Jews themselves who lived during Jesus time didn't even believe Jesus was the Messiah, that's why THERE ARE MORE MUSLIMS IN ISRAEL THAN THERE ARE CHRISTIANS

The religious affiliation of the Israeli population
as of 2011 was 75.4% Judaism , 16.9%
Muslim , 2.1% Christian

but a Nigerian read from a book and quickly believes the Jews were wrong; a book written by anonymous authors

Nigerians need to free themselves from all these nonsense
Lol atheist are simply unwise
The population of isreal also consist of Arab Isrealis who became Isrealis as a result of Isrealis retaking the so called occupied territories. Hence, the Muslims living in Isreal are regarded as Arab isreali. So yes there is such a thing as muslim isreali but no such thing as Jewish Muslims.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by felifeli: 2:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
What does church have to do with Christianity ?
Because you attend a church does not make you a Christian
Because you attend same church as your spouse does not make both of you good Christians
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I'm doing "other things" with my life, its no use saying those things on Nairaland tongue

but you, you claimed a Jew that was killed in a small Israeli village died for your misdemeanors

Take a look at a map. You're in a small country off the coast of west africa. Try to locate Israel on that map and estimate the distance between you and Israel. Think about the number of cultures, governments, people, histories and stories that you'd journey through if you were to trek to Israel by foot. So someone who was killed in one small village there was dying for your sins? I pity you.

and oh! the Jews themselves who lived during Jesus time didn't even believe Jesus was the Messiah, that's why THERE ARE MORE MUSLIMS IN ISRAEL THAN THERE ARE CHRISTIANS

Muslim , 2.1% Christian

but a Nigerian read from a book and quickly believes the Jews were wrong; a book written by anonymous authors

In case you don't know that book has outlived all of its skeptics from Nero down to Mao. So don't give itself headache because it would still be here in the next 2000 yrs if Jesus tarries.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Urukpe: 2:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:

Your wife is more spiritually matured than you are. You had better allow her join a living church.

Is Catholic Church a Dead church?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
Katier00:
we got married as Catholics but he One day woke up and started attending, the Lord's chosen without my consent. He tried to compel me to change my church, omo me tell am say, it won't work. so he respected himself n maintained his lane, me still they go catholic but he has changed his church 5 times now. confusion galore .

He is not confused. He is searching for TRUTH. It is scarce. Many men of God preach Money, Success and Prosperity. While some preach theology and christian sacraments. How many preach JESUS ?

They are illiterates when it comes to preaching, Teaching and expanding the word of God. Some of them have spiritual gifts and just want to prophecy and perform miracle to bamboozle their hearers and extort money.

You who has been sitting in Catholic do not even know what is happening outside. You will likely start your own search when trouble knocks. Though don't pray for that.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by JideAmuGiaka: 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2017
Urukpe:

Is Catholic Church a Dead church?
Tell me ten doctrines of Catholic church with bible reference.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Nickymezor(f): 3:06pm On Apr 02, 2017
Yeah more or less.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by lacum: 3:10pm On Apr 02, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:

http://www.catholicbible101.com/catholicbibleverses.htm

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by tejpot(m): 3:13pm On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Muslim , 2.1% Christian

People with the same thinking as yours in civilized world are promoting societal development with their unbelief but the only job I see you so here is to purposely destroy another mans grand work. If you have problem with the solutions provided from a religious perspective, why not humbly and simply create an alternative platform where people who are atheist and religiously unaffiliated can benefit from. There u can seek solution to problems associated with different perspectives of couples, not all this juvenile approach. It wont do you and your community any better except you don't care. Thanks
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 02, 2017
oladoja1:

one God now, cause Jesus never went to any church self
He went to the synagogue to preach. Read your Bible 'if you got one'.
I wonder why my wife can't go to a Bible Believing Church different from the one I attend as long as Christ and godly living is taught there.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by luvmijeje(f): 3:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
It's not a sin. But there are alot of advantages in couples going to the same church. There's a clear difference between a couple who does and who doesn't. You just can't miss the cohesiveness.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by Urukpe: 3:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:

Please name the ones u know
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by nuelsylves(m): 4:58pm On Apr 02, 2017
oladoja1:

hmm Bible verse of where Jesus talked about Catholic Church

Jesus did three things that established the framework of His Church. First, He chose humans to carry out His work. He appointed Peter to be the visible head of the Church. Jesus said to Peter, "You are Rock and on this rock I will build my Church." (Matthew 16: 18) Jesus said "build," as in to create a structure. Jesus built His structure on specifically chosen human beings Peter and the apostles.

Second, Jesus gave Peter and the apostles the power and authority to carry out His work. "Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven."(Matthew 16:19; 18:18) "Receive the Holy Spirit, whose sins you forgive, they are forgiven, whose sins you retain, they are retained."(John 20:23)

Third, Jesus gave Peter and the apostles commands as to what that work should be. At the last supper, He commanded, "Do this in memory of Me." (Luke 22:19) He commanded them to "Make disciples of all nations" (Matthew 28:19), and to "Go into the whole world and proclaim the Gospel to every creature." (Mark 16:15)

The early Church was structured in a hierarchical manner as it is today. We see in Acts, chapter 15 how the apostles and the elders came together under the leadership of St. Peter to decide the question of what was required of Gentiles. We also see how St. Peter was regarded as the head of the Church when St. Paul, "Went up to Jerusalem to confer with Kephas [Peter] and remained with him fifteen days." (Galatians 1:18) There is no Scriptural evidence of independent local churches.

The Catholic Church is the only church that can claim to have been founded by Christ personally. Every other church traces its lineage back to a mere human person such as Martin Luther or John Wesley. The Catholic Church can trace its lineage back to Jesus Christ who appointed St. Peter as the first pope. This line of popes has continued unbroken for almost 2,000 years.

God rules, instructs and sanctifies His people through His Church. Under her teaching office, the Catholic Church preserves the Word of God. She is the custodian, keeper, dispenser and interpreter of teachings of Christ. And she accomplishes this under the protection of the Holy Spirit.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" by nuelsylves(m): 5:22pm On Apr 02, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:

Read as many as you want here

http://www.catholicbible101.com/catholicbibleverses.htm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi / Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? / Ukrainian Pastor Karen Zelfimein: 'God Is Sending Angels To Protect Us'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.