Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services (15939 Views)

Pastors Praise Trump For Skipping Climate Crisis Panel For Religious Freedom / Kanye West & Kim Kardashian Now Hosts Sunday Services, Plans On Starting Church / Mike Bamiloye: After Receiving Babies From Devil People Give Testimony In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 02, 2017
candidbabe:
Flimsy excuses for not wanting to serve GOD
is singing and teaching a symbol of worship
because every sunday in our churches we single through choir and afta dat is teaching?
so, i want u to expatiate the word "worship" in relationship with the above questn
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by anicho(m): 7:57am On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
My excuse

Yahweh does not exist, if he does he's definitely not as described in the Bible

that's why you can NEVER become a landlord..... and your hopes will always keep getting dashed.
.....simply put....your existence is of no use.
....SMH
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by ucheemmadu18(m): 7:57am On Apr 02, 2017
I work with bet9ja. You must come to work early on Sundays or face sack
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Damilare6293: 7:57am On Apr 02, 2017
Reasons why you must be in church: Not forsaking the gathering of brethren Iron sharpeneth iron. you can never know(revelations) somethings until you get to church.....

1 Like

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by hopefulLandlord: 8:00am On Apr 02, 2017
anicho:

that's why you can NEVER become a landlord..... and your hopes will always keep getting dashed.
.....simply put....your existence is of no use.
....SMH

sorry to burst your bubble but I have 2 houses in Lagos alone; I have a house in Norway too, I'm a Norwegian by birth

I hope to be a landlord in hell fire though tongue; isn't that where you guys say I'm heading?
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by emmayayodeji(m): 8:02am On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

sorry to burst your bubble but I have 2 houses in Lagos alone; I have a house in Norway too, I'm a Norwegian by birth

I hope to be a landlord in hell fire though tongue; isn't that where you guys say I'm heading?

Haha nice one

grin

Abeg i go like squat for ur house in hell abeg grin

Help a bro
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by hopefulLandlord: 8:04am On Apr 02, 2017
emmayayodeji:

Haha nice one
grin
Abeg i go like squat for ur house in hell abeg grin
Help a bro
Hahn is the agent in charge of accommodation in hell
oga Hahn, your expertise is needed here

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Nigeriadondie: 8:08am On Apr 02, 2017
No 2!is justifiable cos you end up enriching one man to fuel his fleet of cars while I trek, maintain his mansions while I rent a bedroom, build universiites which I can't pay for, to buy private jet which I may never have the chance come near by. I will never be fooled to be robbed by "god of men" not "men of god". Tithing is an old arrangement no longer relevant to true christian but voluntary giving. It was retained by the religious robbers
The video link below says it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8zZWvvaEaY
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by shadeyinka(m): 8:11am On Apr 02, 2017
Braden7:
If Blacks Weren't Colonized & Enslaved Would Africans Be Christians And Muslim?

Your great grand children will think very differently from the way you do today,just as you think differently from your great grand parents. Your christian or Islamic religious outlook is as a result of events which played out just over 100 years ago :COLONIZATION.
Think about it with an open mind for a moment. Your great grand father who likely lived within the last 120 years was not a christian or Muslim like you are today . In fact,neither Jesus Christ nor Moses nor David ever came to mind at all . How come ? Well,you were colonized by a group of men who forced their religion on you. Remember ,every society has their religion. Japanese has,Chinese have theirs ,Indians have theirs ,,Arabs have theirs. they all maintain their religions and names today because they wee never colonized and enslaved .

The southern part of west Africa are Christians simply because they were colonized . The northern part of west Africa are Muslims because they were colonized by the Arabs. If the southern part had also been colonized by Arabs ,they too would be Muslims . If the northern part had not resisted Christianity due to already having Islam, they would be Christians.
The Asians and Indians weren't severely colonized nor enslaved that's why they maintain their religion. If Japan had colonized and enslaved Africa, all Africans today would be Buddhist , and Christianity would seem like a strange idea. Africans and blacks are the only ones who bear European names and also adhere to their slave religion which was forced upon them. They defend it and fight for it.

What makes you a christian?What makes you think Christianity is the all in all ? Is it because that's what you've been indoctrinated to believe from childhood? if you were born into a Muslim family and society ,you would be Muslim. If you were born into a Buddhist family,the names "Moses" or 'Lazarus" would not come to mind .

for more information: https://www.nairaland.com/3716569/blacks-werent-colonized-enslaved-africans

Simply verbose and full of speculative deductions
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 02, 2017
dailyguide:

Prove he does not exist.
Can you prove a negate?

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by busco59: 8:14am On Apr 02, 2017
Freethought:
Well, I don't go to church at all cos I believe most of the people in church if not all are hypocrites.
Same with me here, but my conscience is pricking me, am have a feeling that my reason isn't genuine. How about you?
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 02, 2017
Going by the comments on this thread, kudos to we NL ATHEISTS.

Nigerians are finally waking up to reality

2 Likes

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Freethought(m): 8:18am On Apr 02, 2017
busco59:

Same with me here, but my conscience is pricking me, am have a feeling that my reason isn't genuine. How about you?

My reason is very genuine and no conscience is prickin me.

I serve my God everywhr bt church
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by kascoken: 8:20am On Apr 02, 2017
If I miss service... It's majorly due to a bad hangover

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 02, 2017
Must you worship God only by going to church? Noticed that Nigerians go to church but still commit the worst crimes etc 419. All na publicity stunt.
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by divinelove(m): 8:24am On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
My excuse

Yahweh does not exist, if he does he's definitely not as described in the Bible

Better give ur life to Jesus Christ today BC tomorrow might be tooo late or u will rut in hell fire angry angry angry
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by hopefulLandlord: 8:24am On Apr 02, 2017
adepeter26:
Going by the comments on this thread, kudos to we NL ATHEISTS.

Nigerians are finally waking up to reality

I think the reason atheism is on the rise in Nigeria is because people are beginning to think for themselves and holding the religious books and claims to more scrutiny than accepting it at face value as their parents told them to. Just as our views on slavery and bigotry we learned are not humanistic views. I don't use christian/Muslim views as many christian/Islam faiths still preach hate for certain people and use their religious books as justification for this. and I think more people see this and say to themselves this is so wrong how can the bible/Koran be the word of god so then they doubt the bibles origin and teachings and eventually make the transition to atheism.

1 Like

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by hopefulLandlord: 8:27am On Apr 02, 2017
divinelove:

Better give ur life to Jesus Christ today BC tomorrow might be tooo late or u will rut in hell fire angry angry angry

Hell seems better

I don't wanna be in the company of a god that saw slavery as right and rewards rapists by giving them their victims in marriage to enjoy forever in bed

You seem pretty smart. Maybe you can answer a few questions for me. The Bible says that there is ONLY ONE way to get into Heaven: by accepting salvation through Jesus.

So it follows that the christians who ran the Nazi death camps can get into heaven. But their 6 million Jewish victims must burn for all eternity in the pits of Hell. I've talked to many christians about this and they just pretty much accept it.

My questions are:

1. How f***ed up do you have to be to believe Nazis can go to Heaven but their 6 million Jewish victims must burn? That's just sick. But christians believe it. What the f*** is wrong with you people?

2. Why would ANYONE willingly worship a god that would act like that? Is it just a fear thing (better known as cowardice)? And

3. Even if you get into Heaven what makes you think you'll be safe with a psycho god like that running the place? What's to stop your god getting a wild hair up his ass one day and sending christians to a place so bad it makes Hell look like an ice cream parlor? He used to like the Jews/Judaism too. Or so the story claims. What makes you think you're safe?

I'll await your reply

1 Like

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 02, 2017
99% of people that go to church are hypocrites and seem not to be responding to treatment (the church is supposed to be a rehabilitation center for sinners)

1 Like

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by divinelove(m): 8:37am On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Hell seems better

I don't wanna be in the company of a god that saw slavery as right and rewards rapists by giving them their victims in marriage to enjoy forever in bed

You seem pretty smart. Maybe you can answer a few questions for me. The Bible says that there is ONLY ONE way to get into Heaven: by accepting salvation through Jesus.

So it follows that the christians who ran the Nazi death camps can get into heaven. But their 6 million Jewish victims must burn for all eternity in the pits of Hell. I've talked to many christians about this and they just pretty much accept it.

My questions are:

1. How f***ed up do you have to be to believe Nazis can go to Heaven but their 6 million Jewish victims must burn? That's just sick. But christians believe it. What the f*** is wrong with you people?

2. Why would ANYONE willingly worship a god that would act like that? Is it just a fear thing (better known as cowardice)? And

3. Even if you get into Heaven what makes you think you'll be safe with a psycho god like that running the place? What's to stop your god getting a wild hair up his ass one day and sending christians to a place so bad it makes Hell look like an ice cream parlor? He used to like the Jews too. Or so the story claims. What makes you think you're safe?

I'll await your reply

My dear bro, ur intelligence is not up to 0.00000000001% of God's whatever God does is perfect and sometimes beyond human comprehension and a man can and will never be able to prove the ways of God wrong.

It is d demon dt has possessed you dt is acting the anti christ tendencies u r showing. You seriously need deliverance bro, this is not you. You are nw being possessed by several demons may be up to a 1000 n u will need a strong man of God to free u.

Except u get help soon u r a lost soul, but hey don't worry I will continue to remember u in prayers u may jst be another Saul waiting to become Paul.

Cheers and never u argue with God he is Omnipotent, omniscient, d Alfa and omega, d beginning and the end.

May God have mercy on u n deliver u

1 Like

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Djbond(m): 8:37am On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

as shown in the Bible? that's easy

read the creation story attributed to Yahweh in Genesis 1

read the contradictory creation story attributed to the same Yahweh in Genesis 2

I'll make it easy for you by giving you a link

http://www.leighb.com/genesis.htm

the holy bible is an insult to intellect

secondly, Yahweh came down to earth as himself to say the below words

And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

With all these passages claiming that if you have even the smallest amount of faith (Matthew 17:20 For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.) then whatever you ask for in prayer will be granted,

a simple look at the real world shows those verses don't work

so there are obviously only a few options available for you to chose from, feel free to chose

1) the Bible is wrong, Jesus never said these things

2) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus was wrong

3) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus lied

4) no one who prayed for anything that actually required god's intervention had any faith

5) the Bible is just a collection of myths & fables & Yahweh, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Satan doesn't exist

These are just 2 (two) out of the many examples I have

Yahweh is fictional

a Jew can't die for the sins of a Nigerian
weyrey ni e iwo Omo ode yii
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by frubben(m): 8:38am On Apr 02, 2017
I don't c the importance of going to church when if u going to select the kind of doctrines u will followw.
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by hopefulLandlord: 8:44am On Apr 02, 2017
Djbond:
weyrey ni e iwo Omo ode yii
you can call me anything you like bro
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 02, 2017
2dugged:
99% of people that go to church are hypocrites and seem not to be responding to treatment (the church is supposed to be a rehabilitation center for sinners)
See finishing ooo cheesy
This babe gat no chills cheesy
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by hopefulLandlord: 8:45am On Apr 02, 2017
divinelove:

My dear bro, ur intelligence is not up to 0.00000000001% of God's whatever God does is perfect and sometimes beyond human comprehension and a man can and will never be able to prove the ways of God wrong.

It is d demon dt has possessed you dt is acting the anti christ tendencies u r showing. You seriously need deliverance bro, this is not you. You are nw being possessed by several demons may be up to a 1000 n u will need a strong man of God to free u.

Except u get help soon u r a lost soul, but hey don't worry I will continue to remember u in prayers u may jst be another Saul waiting to become Paul.

Cheers and never u argue with God he is Omnipotent, omniscient, d Alfa and omega, d beginning and the end.

May God have mercy on u n deliver u

still no answer to the questions I posed

only empty preachings
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Teedawg: 8:48am On Apr 02, 2017
kerryjossy:
Going to church on sundays is a good thing. But i for one does not see anything wrong with not going if u dont want to. Sundays are not the only day one 'fellowships with the brethen'. I go to the house of the Lord any time and any day i feel like. The bible doesnt make it mandatory to go to church on sundays.
as a matter of fact if we're going to follow Christianity last last we won't be going to church on sunday which is the first day of the week but Saturday which is the 7th day sabbath...keep the sabath day holy which is Saturday so we've been doing things the wrong way!!

1 Like

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 02, 2017
divinelove:

[s]My dear bro, ur intelligence is not up to 0.00000000001% of God's whatever God does is perfect and sometimes beyond human comprehension and a man can and will never be able to prove the ways of God wrong.

May God have mercy on u n deliver u[/s]
Goan siddon jare
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 02, 2017
adepeter26:

See finishing ooo cheesy
This babe gat no chills cheesy
it not finishing but the truth, Nigerians are too sentimental when it comes to religion and that makes them too rigid to look inward and make necessary changes,they tend to see you as an agent of the devil being used as a weapon against the church , the truth is most pastors have failed in their responsibilities, from 12 PM you will see people coming different directions yet evil seem to be on the increase in the country, it just means the church is not actually renewing the minds of people

3 Likes

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Teedawg: 8:53am On Apr 02, 2017
busco59:

I used to think that was a reason but I realised it was a dumb reason are you going there because of others or for your salvation?? because your classmate go to school and they don't come back and study what they wer thought so you shouldnt go to school abi
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by sugarcoatted(f): 8:55am On Apr 02, 2017
Pastor is on paternity leave tongue
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Divay22(f): 8:56am On Apr 02, 2017
I don't just feel like going

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Did You Feel After You Finally Defeated That Stubborn Addiction? / Female Circumcision Is Barbaric And Evil. / SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.