Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,020 members, 7,814,490 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services (15947 Views)

Pastors Praise Trump For Skipping Climate Crisis Panel For Religious Freedom / Kanye West & Kim Kardashian Now Hosts Sunday Services, Plans On Starting Church / Mike Bamiloye: After Receiving Babies From Devil People Give Testimony In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Teedawg: 8:58am On Apr 02, 2017
all the people claiming atheism here have in one might have been in the western world for sometime. I know how it felt questioning if God actually existed..so you are claiming we were colonised by the whites and they brought their religion right ? good now the atheism of a thing you're claiming who brought about it is it not by the same western world ehn..humans will create different thing to justify their act..but me I'm a Christian and if I wanna remain a Christian I will. i am also very open minded so I'm not gonna tell any body their wrong or right you're living your life not mine I choose my faith you choose yours stop trying to defend your religion rather Carry your own cross and fight your battle don't fight God's battle for him (if you're Christian) also the truth is the only thing that can set you free and as some people have said we can no longer find them in men of God and so called pastors the only place to find that is in the Bible and if you are a frequent user of the bible all these things happening here will not bother you because you've probably seen issues about it in there..even me I no holy pass
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Aikaybadex(m): 9:00am On Apr 02, 2017
Bigsteveg:
Back then growing up in Ibadan, because TV starts their films by 10am every sundays. Is that not wickedness? i just have to form sickness so i could watch, the most annoying part is they wont even finish showing the film, by 12 e don finish
And one programme called 'laugh patterns'

2 Likes

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Awafarms1(m): 9:06am On Apr 02, 2017
Braden7:
If Blacks Weren't Colonized & Enslaved Would Africans Be Christians And Muslim?

Your great grand children will think very differently from the way you do today,just as you think differently from your great grand parents. Your christian or Islamic religious outlook is as a result of events which played out just over 100 years ago :COLONIZATION.
Think about it with an open mind for a moment. Your great grand father who likely lived within the last 120 years was not a christian or Muslim like you are today . In fact,neither Jesus Christ nor Moses nor David ever came to mind at all . How come ? Well,you were colonized by a group of men who forced their religion on you. Remember ,every society has their religion. Japanese has,Chinese have theirs ,Indians have theirs ,,Arabs have theirs. they all maintain their religions and names today because they wee never colonized and enslaved .

The southern part of west Africa are Christians simply because they were colonized . The northern part of west Africa are Muslims because they were colonized by the Arabs. If the southern part had also been colonized by Arabs ,they too would be Muslims . If the northern part had not resisted Christianity due to already having Islam, they would be Christians.
The Asians and Indians weren't severely colonized nor enslaved that's why they maintain their religion. If Japan had colonized and enslaved Africa, all Africans today would be Buddhist , and Christianity would seem like a strange idea. Africans and blacks are the only ones who bear European names and also adhere to their slave religion which was forced upon them. They defend it and fight for it.

What makes you a christian?What makes you think Christianity is the all in all ? Is it because that's what you've been indoctrinated to believe from childhood? if you were born into a Muslim family and society ,you would be Muslim. If you were born into a Buddhist family,the names "Moses" or 'Lazarus" would not come to mind .

Now the Chinese are coming into africa. When they take over, soonest Africans will start worshipping their Gods too. *hopefully we would have sense before then*
for more information: https://www.nairaland.com/3716569/blacks-werent-colonized-enslaved-africans
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Teedawg: 9:10am On Apr 02, 2017
Braden7:

Your great grand children will think very differently from the way you do today,just as you think differently from your great grand parents. Your christian or Islamic religiou had colonized and enslaved Africa, all Africans today would be Buddhist , and Christianity would seem like a strange idea. Africans and blacks are the only ones who bear European names and also adhere to their slave religion which was forced upon them. They defend it and fight for it.

What makes you a christian?What makes you think Christianity is the all in all ? Is it because that's what you've been indoctrinated to believe from childhood? if you were born into a Muslim family and society ,you would be Muslim. If you were born into a Buddhist family,the names "Moses" or 'Lazarus" would not come to mind .

for more information: https://www.nairaland.com/3716569/blacks-werent-colonized-enslaved-africans
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Teedawg: 9:16am On Apr 02, 2017
Braden7:

Your great grand children will think very differently from the way you do today,just as you think differently from your great grand parents. Your christian or Islamic religiou had colonized and enslaved Africa, all Africans today would be Buddhist , and Christianity would seem like a strange idea. Africans and blacks are the only ones who bear European names and also adhere to their slave religion which was forced upon them. They defend it and fight for it.

many are called but few are chosen God has made it clear its a race and not every one will win God is not man and does not think like you just because you feel something is morally right to you doesn't mean it is to God he's supreme if you don't believe fine I have atheist friends and I have never seen any of them forcing their believes on anyone keep your atheism for yourself (being Nigerian and being atheism or religious doesn't match they always do it to the extreme as if it's a do or die affair)
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by moghulis: 9:29am On Apr 02, 2017
I don't believe in all this bullshit about God.
I only believe in live and let live.
I am an atheist and a proud one at that.
If you don't like me go and kill yaself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Arielle: 9:39am On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Hell seems better

I don't wanna be in the company of a god that saw slavery as right and rewards rapists by giving them their victims in marriage to enjoy forever in bed

You seem pretty smart. Maybe you can answer a few questions for me. The Bible says that there is ONLY ONE way to get into Heaven: by accepting salvation through Jesus.

So it follows that the christians who ran the Nazi death camps can get into heaven. But their 6 million Jewish victims must burn for all eternity in the pits of Hell. I've talked to many christians about this and they just pretty much accept it.

My questions are:

1. How f***ed up do you have to be to believe Nazis can go to Heaven but their 6 million Jewish victims must burn? That's just sick. But christians believe it. What the f*** is wrong with you people?

2. Why would ANYONE willingly worship a god that would act like that? Is it just a fear thing (better known as cowardice)? And

3. Even if you get into Heaven what makes you think you'll be safe with a psycho god like that running the place? What's to stop your god getting a wild hair up his ass one day and sending christians to a place so bad it makes Hell look like an ice cream parlor? He used to like the Jews too. Or so the story claims. What makes you : think you're safe?

I'll await your reply
cheesy cheesy
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by moghulis: 9:42am On Apr 02, 2017
F uck Christianity.

It is this same useless Christians who beheaded innocent people who they termed as unbelievers during the INQUISITION.

They slaughtered these people because they were bold enough to question their Christianity garbage.

1 Like

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by nigeriantrend: 10:05am On Apr 02, 2017
You are very correct bro but the truth is sometimes you have no reason cogent for missing Sunday service
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Wiccan777: 10:06am On Apr 02, 2017
divinelove:

My dear bro, ur intelligence is not up to 0.00000000001% of God's whatever God does is perfect and sometimes beyond human comprehension and a man can and will never be able to prove the ways of God wrong.

It is d demon dt has possessed you dt is acting the anti christ tendencies u r showing. You seriously need deliverance bro, this is not you. You are nw being possessed by several demons may be up to a 1000 n u will need a strong man of God to free u.

Except u get help soon u r a lost soul, but hey don't worry I will continue to remember u in prayers u may jst be another Saul waiting to become Paul.

Cheers and never u argue with God he is Omnipotent, omniscient, d Alfa and omega, d beginning and the end.

May God have mercy on u n deliver u
SHUT YOUR MOUTH YOU MEDIOCRE MINDED CHRISTIAN! angry

1 Like

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Wiccan777: 10:07am On Apr 02, 2017
moghulis:
F uck Christianity.

It is this same useless Christians who beheaded innocent people who they termed as unbelievers during the INQUISITION.

They slaughtered these people because they were bold enough to question their Christianity garbage.
join us
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by FearlessDapsin(m): 11:27am On Apr 02, 2017
Wiccan777:
join us
Which religion bro?
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by walls01: 11:34am On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
My excuse

Yahweh does not exist, if he does he's definitely not as described in the Bible

how is he described in the Bible that make you think is not fit for the description. pls cite verses
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by walls01: 11:39am On Apr 02, 2017
emmayayodeji:
u just read my mind
Same excuse
let's see your own explanation of how the universe came into existence
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by emmayayodeji(m): 11:40am On Apr 02, 2017
divinelove:

Better give ur life to Jesus Christ today BC tomorrow might be tooo late or u will rut in hell fire angry angry angry

Here we go again

Love jesus or perish!
It sounds like a threat to me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by emmayayodeji(m): 11:42am On Apr 02, 2017
walls01:

let's see your own explanation of how the universe came into existence

Its none of my business how the universe came into excistence

There are somethings that no man can explain perfectly
Scientisis can only try but that doesnt mean one "God" created it

We cant pin our ignorance on one fictional God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by walls01: 11:45am On Apr 02, 2017
[quote author=hopefulLandlord post=55182233]

as shown in the Bible? that's easy

read the creation story attributed to Yahweh in Genesis 1

read the contradictory creation story attributed to the same Yahweh in Genesis 2

I'll make it easy for you by giving you a link

http://www.leighb.com/genesis.htm

the holy bible is an insult to intellect

secondly, Yahweh came down to earth as himself to say the below words

And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

With all these passages claiming that if you have even the smallest amount of faith (Matthew 17:20 For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.) then whatever you ask for in prayer will be granted,

a simple look at the real world shows those verses don't work

so there are obviously only a few options available for you to chose from, feel free to chose

1) the Bible is wrong, Jesus never said these things

2) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus was wrong

3) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus lied

4) no one who prayed for anything that actually required god's intervention had any faith

5) the Bible is just a collection of myths & fables & Yahweh, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Satan doesn't exist

These are just 2 (two) out of the many examples I have

Yahweh is fictional

a Jew can't die for the sins of a Nigerian[/quote

you thought you are reading a maths textbook explaining it based on your level of comprehension.
no offense please
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by walls01: 11:47am On Apr 02, 2017
emmayayodeji:

Its none of my business how the universe came into excistence
There are somethings that no man can explain perfectly Scientisis can only try but that doesnt mean one "God" created it
We cant pin our ignorance on one fictional God
God is fictional? but it is clear that higher power exist than that of man
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by emmayayodeji(m): 11:49am On Apr 02, 2017
walls01:

God is fictional? but it is clear that higher power exist than that of man

How is it clear?

Is it those staged miracles u watch?lol
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by walls01: 11:57am On Apr 02, 2017
emmayayodeji:

How is it clear?

Is it those staged miracles u watch?lol

you are not scientific in nature. science study things closely and thoroughly before they come to conclusion.
are you judging based on what you are told? or based on what you think or based on what you observed?

or maybe you are missing the staged miracles with the unstaged ones.
but seriously let's not talk of miracles, there are higher power than that of men. charms for instance can make a man's body to withstand bullets do you know this?
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by emmayayodeji(m): 12:00pm On Apr 02, 2017
walls01:

you are not scientific in nature. science study things closely and thoroughly before they come to conclusion.
are you judging based on what you are told? or based on what you think or based on what you observed?

or maybe you are missing the staged miracles with the unstaged ones.
but seriously let's not talk of miracles, there are higher power than that of men. charms for instance can make a man's body to withstand bullets do you know this?
Easy by putting on bullet proof
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Wolexdey(m): 12:07pm On Apr 02, 2017
Freethought:
Well, I don't go to church at all cos I believe most of the people in church if not all are hypocrites.

Most of all the people.

What a statement?

Statements like these is dangerous for ones health. It proves how unwise a person could be.
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Wolexdey(m): 12:14pm On Apr 02, 2017
Braden7:
There'll never be a time when White Jesus will show up from the sky. It was a lie . You have been brainwashed. In fact ,those who brainwashed you no longer believe in it anymore. What are you going to do now?
There's no such thing as "last days" and there's nothing like 666 mark of the beast . Noah's Ark story is a myth. The earlier you realize this fact,the better .

Hello! You wrestle against the Word of The Most HIGH.

What do you think you are? The Life in you, where did it come from... Tell that demon in You to get out of you before it completely destroys You...

You are a Nobody to challenge The Words of The Living GOD...Even if you're a witch or wizard, I repeat you are a Nobody to Challenge The Word of The MOST HIGH GOD whom I serve and worship...

Be wise! If you're not careful, I will teach you a lifetime lesson...
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Freethought(m): 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
Wolexdey:

Most of all the people.

What a statement?

Statements like these is dangerous for ones health. It proves how unwise a person could be.

You dnt need to be cunnin about yur opinion,its yurs, yu av d ryt to it
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by walls01: 12:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
emmayayodeji:

Easy by putting on bullet proof

Bros that is physically wearing something.
I mean with your bare body, do you know people can withstand bullets with their bare body using charms?

1 Like

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Wolexdey(m): 12:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
kerryjossy:
Going to church on sundays is a good thing. But i for one does not see anything wrong with not going if u dont want to. Sundays are not the only day one 'fellowships with the brethen'. I go to the house of the Lord any time and any day i feel like. The bible doesnt make it mandatory to go to church on sundays.

Please read your Bible with understanding.

Leviticus 23:3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; .

1 Like

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Wiccan777: 12:21pm On Apr 02, 2017
FearlessDapsin:
Which religion bro?
WICCA
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by FearlessDapsin(m): 12:23pm On Apr 02, 2017
Wiccan777:
WICCA
And how do we go about joining?
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by emmayayodeji(m): 12:23pm On Apr 02, 2017
walls01:

Bros that is physically wearing something.
I mean with your bare body, do you know people can withstand bullets with their bare body using charms?

No i dont

Ill like to see it tho
As they say

Seeing is believing
Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by Pruswaggz(m): 12:24pm On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

as shown in the Bible? that's easy

read the creation story attributed to Yahweh in Genesis 1

read the contradictory creation story attributed to the same Yahweh in Genesis 2

I'll make it easy for you by giving you a link

http://www.leighb.com/genesis.htm

the holy bible is an insult to intellect

secondly, Yahweh came down to earth as himself to say the below words

And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

With all these passages claiming that if you have even the smallest amount of faith (Matthew 17:20 For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.) then whatever you ask for in prayer will be granted,

a simple look at the real world shows those verses don't work

so there are obviously only a few options available for you to chose from, feel free to chose

1) the Bible is wrong, Jesus never said these things

2) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus was wrong

3) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus lied

4) no one who prayed for anything that actually required god's intervention had any faith

5) the Bible is just a collection of myths & fables & Yahweh, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Satan doesn't exist

These are just 2 (two) out of the many examples I have

Yahweh is fictional

a Jew can't die for the sins of a Nigerian

Really!!!
I would suggest you don't say things and later regret "the words" in the long run...

1 Like

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by walls01: 12:30pm On Apr 02, 2017
emmayayodeji:

No i dont

Ill like to see it tho
As they say

Seeing is believing

I am from warri in the Niger Delta, I witness it a thousand times, during one of the hot wars in warri my dad took us to do this charm according to him for protection. my brother is one of the guards in our street, and as tested this severally.

if you just take a little more effort you will be able to confirm this yourself as you say seeing is believing

1 Like

Re: 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services by samuelkingz(m): 12:31pm On Apr 02, 2017
I relocated to a new place so yet to know My way arnd

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Burial Of Two Victims Of Ozubulu Church Massacre (Photos) / Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? / SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.