Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog (23998 Views)

3 Most Important Things Men Think About - Bamisepeters' Blog / To Cool An Angry Husband Takes No Stress, Just - Bamisepeters' Blog / Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Divay22(f): 8:49pm On Apr 02, 2017
After all the hectic day with work and kids he wee na come in the night for a movie ticket abi angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry let him comma collect lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Vincente74: 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
Lollipop247:
Yes it should. Even the bible made references to it. See belowf

I no fit laff!!!!!
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by cnonyechi(f): 9:42pm On Apr 02, 2017
eyinjuege:
I'm sure a lot of women would be happy to be house wives doing all the chores in their mansions, using the latest G-wagons, wearing the latest Brazilian weaves, using I phone 7, and upgrading to the latest iphones as soon as it comes oyt .
Of course this should be all courtesy of their wonderful all providing husbands.

Sighssss... If wishes were horses, beggers would ride.
Women have decided to face the reality heads-on that men cannot be the ultimate providers the world would want them to be. Most understand men are not super human, and cannot cope alone providing for the homes. Many women have taken the role of even sole providers, and co providers.

Why is it so difficult for some men to accord their women the same help and assistance in the home? How would you and your wife both with jobs that are needed to live comfortably as a family expect not to offer assistance in house chores and the homefront.
Is she a robot/machine? Even robots need rest and regular servicing. Do you want to kill her?
It borders on wickedness and even plain evil.
I'm sure her parents that raised her will not be happy knowing she's working her butt off, gets stuck in traffic and gets home late by 10pm, and starts running around trying to cook something for the oga at the top who got home 6pm, but who's not oga enough to provide all the needs of his family.
Anyway, in the real world, the men know when to step in and assist at home, they are hands on parents who take care if their own children.
As if men were not cleaning their homes and feeding themselves before getting married.

Ur comment tooooo long. Ah ah
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by ayaside(m): 9:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
This is great topic.I have a girlfriend and she is really wonderful. She is in a different state.I asked her to visit my family home sometimes knowing fully well my mum is gonna tell her my "likes and dislikes" while I am learning hers too.I observe my personal hygiene to almost 100%.I don't believe in stressing anybody to do anything for me.I wanna eat,I use the kitchen(but I will appreciate it more if she could help). My mum been telling her these things and she says her dad does almost everything in the house.We know what that means.And mum knowing me too well knows that I might tolerate that for a while but not long.She been telling her but Gf thinks she knows me better than mum..Bottom line.Learn to keep your house and you will appreciate your spouse help
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by eyinjuege: 9:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
cnonyechi:

Ur comment tooooo long. Ah ah

I probably talk too much in real life cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by NevetsIbot(m): 9:54pm On Apr 02, 2017
ArchyDesmond:
For better for worse.... So, no big deal about that.

For your affordable Architectural drawings. Contact me on
-->>> architectdesmond@gmail.com
Darn! That house would be super.

How much dyuc charge?
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Funkybabee(f): 10:00pm On Apr 02, 2017
bamisepeters:
A lady said to me that once she is married, herself and her husband will share the house chores equally especially when they start having children.

I looked at her in amazement and told her that it is very possible she get what she want in her man but she shouldn't be so sure that the particular desire will be granted.

Sharing house chores may work well for some homes especially in western world, but when it comes to house chore, many African men will want to prove to you the reason they are called man,that is when they have so much idea about tradition and culture.

Most men cannot even sweep the floor let alone bath a child. And if you have a man doing some house chores while he was a bachelor and you think that will also still be the case after marriage that should remain in your thought because you know the real identity of each other after the oath has been taken.

Yes, woman are not slaves and shouldn't be treated as one, however, men shouldn't be forced to partake in house chores.

What is the essence of the sharing formula when you still need to go over what he has done because most men cannot do this house chores as neat as a woman can do it.

Personally, i believe a "responsible and caring man" will help you with house chores when he is less busy or when he feels you need to be helped or if his mood allows him.

A responsible man should know how to appreciate and spoil a good woman with gifts and surprises because it is never easy to be a woman who knows her duty.

Men are to provide for the family and if by chance a woman is also providing for the family along with the man as expected by the recent economic brouhaha or whatever the case may be, that doesn't mean that the man should then be forced to do what he doesn't want.

When you fight for equality among genders i just think we need to apply wisdom.

I know many ladies may not agree with my stand and you a free to share your opinion on this issue.

Source: http://bamisepeters..nl/2017/04/is-it-right-to-share-house-chores.html

is not right or proper for man to be sharing home duties with wife. any woman who is forcing her husband to do it is not a good wife,thou there is nothing wrong with husband helping her wife but forcing or makes it as his duties is very wrong . which y men should be careful whenever they want to marry any woman saying it right bf she marry such man must be very careful with her

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by haykes(m): 10:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
So gender equality u ladies are claiming wright, thats y u marry two husband and two children when u don't do the needful try that with me and landed in your family house u just want to become ilemosu
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 10:13pm On Apr 02, 2017
Funkybabee:

is not right or proper for man to be sharing home duties with wife. any woman who is forcing her husband to do it is not a good wife,thou there is nothing wrong with husband helping her wife but forcing or makes it as his duties is very wrong . which y men should be careful whenever they want to marry any woman saying it right bf she marry such man must be very careful with her

Thanks for sharing your opinion, but does that make such woman a bad wife?
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 10:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
ayaside:
This is great topic.I have a girlfriend and she is really wonderful. She is in a different state.I asked her to visit my family home sometimes knowing fully well my mum is gonna tell her my "likes and dislikes" while I am learning hers too.I observe my personal hygiene to almost 100%.I don't believe in stressing anybody to do anything for me.I wanna eat,I use the kitchen(but I will appreciate it more if she could help). My mum been telling her these things and she says her dad does almost everything in the house.We know what that means.And mum knowing me too well knows that I might tolerate that for a while but not long.She been telling her but Gf thinks she knows me better than mum..Bottom line.Learn to keep your house and you will appreciate your spouse help
thanks for sharing.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 02, 2017
nairalandfreak:
I'm married and glad to always help my wife .. she is my help mate not my house girl

You help her not share house chores.

Nothin is bad in that but when a woman sees it as her right. uuhm wahala loading!

A reasonable man who truely loves his woman must not be told how to help out when it comes to house chores but to the woman its not a Right but a privilege.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Funkybabee(f): 10:24pm On Apr 02, 2017
bamisepeters:

Thanks for sharing your opinion, but does that make such woman a bad wife?

not really,but u know a small little thing can make a marriage to fall apart e.g are those thing mentioned here. A wife must respect her husband no matter how they were close or know each other, that's how a marriage without crisis can occur becuz men have different character and principles and some woman character can be very worst some times because the day that man refuse to do his duties she mentioned is the day crisis can start and a woman must know how to build her home that' is why I said such man must be very careful.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
TrumporIdie:
If he assists with chores, she should assist with financial needs of the house as well.
as if women aren't doing that already

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by UTEWUOJO: 10:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
A man that has a hectic day in the office returns home for meal and to rest, and one fucking wife ask him to come to the kitchen for chores sharing? TROUBLE de sleep INYANGA de wake am.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 02, 2017
It's all wisdom. If the wife works, then the husband should be wise and humble enough to help her out, it's a sign of love and honor. If she's a full housewife and the husband is the only one bringing money to the house, she should be humble and wise enough to understand she's responsible for the other aspect of home building, and the husband caring enough to help her too. If both are wise and humble, chores won't be a source of bitterness

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Cuteamigo1(m): 11:45pm On Apr 02, 2017
the thought of some formal sharing of chores with my wife is off putting although I agree I will help when necessary but making it some form of a right and duty expected from me is what I won't tolerate.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Gerrard59(m): 11:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
bezimo:

By default african mode the wife owns the home and takes care of every, the guy provides for the home in it's totality.A wife cannot determine to her husband to do this and that in the home like chores.Nope...

Today's economy doesn't favour such. Unless the man is very financially comfortable. I entreat equality in the home. However, and unfortunately, many "educated" people disagree with my idea. Then again, I advise a traditional man gets married to a traditional woman and modern man to a modern woman.

I for one cannot marry a traditional woman.

UTEWUOJO:
A man that has a hectic day in the office returns home for meal and to rest, and one fucking wife ask him to come to the kitchen for chores sharing? TROUBLE de sleep INYANGA de wake am.

I doubt you get it. A normal situation implores the lady to prepare the meal. However, we've situations where the man comes early and there's no food and still waits for the wife to come back and cook, clean and do all sorts. Question is: What was he doing all along?

I repeat, unless the man is financially comfortable. Such scenarios aren't favourable to both parties in the long-run.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by bezimo(m): 12:17am On Apr 03, 2017
Gerrard59:

Today's economy doesn't favour such. Unless the man is very financially comfortable. I entreat equality in the home. However, and unfortunately, many "educated" people disagree with my idea. Then again, I advise a traditional man gets married to a traditional woman and modern man to a modern woman.

I doubt you get it. A normal situation implores the lady to prepare the meal. However, we've situations where the man comes early and there's no food and still waits for the wife to come back and cook, clean and do all sorts. Question is: What was he doing all along?

I repeat, unless the man is financially comfortable. Such scenarios aren't favourable to both parties in the long-run.

That's the foundation of many divorce case in the West.Equality concept cannot be applied in marriage. Somebody must be the head.That is the man, the husband not the wife..
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Juliearth(f): 3:47am On Apr 03, 2017
While some women may be forunate to have husbands who dont have an issue with helping out,some may not be that lucky. Inasmuch as its cool and romantic for a man to help out with some of the chores,it is outrightly a matter of choice. Women should apply wisdom in doing this....dont force your man to do the dishes or cook just because your friends' husbands do that...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Juliearth(f): 3:51am On Apr 03, 2017
bezimo:

That's the foundation of many divorce case in the West.Equality concept cannot be applied in marriage. Somebody must be the head.That is the man, the husband not the wife..

God did not create Adam and Eve to be equals. Equity may be advocated for in the workplace(anyone who is qualified for a position should be given a fair chance regardless of the gender) and not in marriages...Women often get this cue of a perfect marriage(supportive husband who does the dishes,cook...) on the social media. However,they fail to realise that most of what is on the social media is staged...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Juliearth(f): 3:57am On Apr 03, 2017
Gerrard59:

I get your point,bro. However,I think the watchword here should be understanding,compromise and concession... In a family where the husband and the wife are working,they need to understand that for the family to function without glitch,there has to be some level of compromise. As such,they need to reach a concession on how the family affairs and responsibilities are to be carried out. But like I said,this is just my candid opinion and you dont have to conform or concede to it.

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Juliearth(f): 4:02am On Apr 03, 2017
eyinjuege:
I'm sure a lot of women would be happy to be house wives doing all the chores in their mansions, using the latest G-wagons, wearing the latest Brazilian weaves, using I phone 7, and upgrading to the latest iphones as soon as it comes oyt .
Of course this should be all courtesy of their wonderful all providing husbands.

Sighssss... If wishes were horses, beggers would ride.
Women have decided to face the reality heads-on that men cannot be the ultimate providers the world would want them to be. Most understand men are not super human, and cannot cope alone providing for the homes. Many women have taken the role of even sole providers, and co providers.

Why is it so difficult for some men to accord their women the same help and assistance in the home? How would you and your wife both with jobs that are needed to live comfortably as a family expect not to offer assistance in house chores and the homefront.
Is she a robot/machine? Even robots need rest and regular servicing. Do you want to kill her?
It borders on wickedness and even plain evil.
I'm sure her parents that raised her will not be happy knowing she's working her butt off, gets stuck in traffic and gets home late by 10pm, and starts running around trying to cook something for the oga at the top who got home 6pm, but who's not oga enough to provide all the needs of his family.
Anyway, in the real world, the men know when to step in and assist at home, they are hands on parents who take care if their own children.
As if men were not cleaning their homes and feeding themselves before getting married.

Spot on!
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Juliearth(f): 4:05am On Apr 03, 2017
Jossyroyal1:
hmmm... More reasons why i cant thank my mom enof and i dont know what our ladies are turning into.... Am not married but i wish i was married in early 60s, 70s... O wat a halcyon days.....!
N.B not i that cant do cores in my house. Enforcing me to do it is a no no..

Different strokes for different folks
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by ddeola: 5:36am On Apr 03, 2017
Am a married man and I can tell you that everything you do to ease your wife's stress as far as house chores is concerned is for your own good in every way you look at it.

The home belongs to the both of you.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by bezimo(m): 6:24am On Apr 03, 2017
Juliearth:

God did not create Adam and Eve to be equals. Equity may be advocated for in the workplace(anyone who is qualified for a position should be given a fair chance regardless of the gender) and not in marriages...Women often get this cue of a perfect marriage(supportive husband who does the dishes,cook...) on the social media. However,they fail to realise that most of what is on the social media is staged...

Well stated.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by livinbygrace: 7:34am On Apr 03, 2017
emerged01:
As a father of one I do the followings:
Cook when she is not at home;
Look after my kid;
Wash his "bumbum" when he poo in my wife absence.
I do these things in her absence. My core duties are;filing the gas cyclinder, buy fuel for gen, fixing faulty things in the house and so on.
Well, wives have a lot responsibilities more than the men,so we must help them.

Are you for real?I guess you are a man-woman
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by emerged01(m): 7:50am On Apr 03, 2017
livinbygrace:

Are you for real?I guess you are a man-woman
I see nothing wrong bro.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by ayaside(m): 7:58am On Apr 03, 2017
bamisepeters:
thanks for sharing.
Not a problem
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by ArchyDesmond(m): 8:40am On Apr 03, 2017
NevetsIbot:

Darn! That house would be super.

How much dyuc charge?

Just a token .... smiley Few thousands ....

Pls mail me on architectdesmond@gmail.com
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by begwong: 9:29am On Apr 03, 2017
We share everything with my spouse with no grudges, except for the 9months pregnancy!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If Your Grandma Slaps Your Mum In Your Presence What Will You Do? / Make The Sweetest Healthy Zobo Without Sugar. / Obituary Of Father And Son Who Died After Brief Illness (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.