Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube (54759 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Franklin Graham's Tweet About Stephen Hawkins And The Reply He Got / Daddy Freeze & Eldee React To Pastor Adeboye's Death Prayer This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 02, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 02, 2017
henrydadon:
atleast nigerian are starting to think for themselves

his analogy is very stupid..it like just like saying..if you meet your wife in a church you will lose her in a mosque..what sense does that make?
probably if you pay ur tithe to Church, it will end up in prostitute pus

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by felixomor: 7:53pm On Apr 02, 2017
iwadobo:

No, but he said u will lose her through YouTube . Now, tell me what that supposed to mean.

Its a way of telling youths the possibility of online flirting which u and i know is very common....
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by iwadobo: 7:53pm On Apr 02, 2017
That statement though Stupid enough to be a menace, it is certainly not obtuse enough to be innocuous.
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 02, 2017
henrydadon:

his analogy is very stupid..it like just like saying..if you meet your wife in a church you will lose her in a mosque..what sense does that make?
probably if you pay ur tithe to Church, it will end up in prostitute pus .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by willibounce1(m): 7:53pm On Apr 02, 2017
The thinking of most old school men is that Facebook is a platform where youths do all sorts of rubbish. I'm sure that's why the pastor made that statement. Not even sure if he really understands what YouTube is used for.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by LoveJesus87(m): 7:54pm On Apr 02, 2017
Evinsco:
Well.....let give respect to whom respect is due......even if you can't respect him as a pastor...respect his old age,he senior most of you parents and he is more experienced on life issues than you are.
So let lay constructive criticisms without going biased on our opinion on this issue.
Me and you know what trends on Facebook....d slay mamas,slay queen,mhiz dis and dat etc.
I want to ask you a question....if paradventure u saw your wife on fb almost unclad...hw will u feel. Will you even marry her in the first place.
Me and u knw that 95% of our girls want to feel belong,when they see their friends dressing unclad because of likes.
So i will take it that the man is just trying to tell you that you should be cautious and carefull when choosing your wife and not adviceable to pick from facebook.
He that has hear let him hear......

I rest my pen!!!
Quote me and criticise constructively.......or just passby....
unfortunately, you are the only one that has sense here. Just imagine if everyone else here can use their brains,.chai dis generation is dead embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by asskush: 7:55pm On Apr 02, 2017
QuietHammer:
Come on people. That was just a metaphor. I guess what he meant was that the internet which facilitated you meeting your spouse may also bring about the subsequent union's doom.
Yeah, also mean if you meet your wife in Redeemed Church you will lose her in Deeper Life .

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
My good friend @agozie48 , what do you say to this? grin
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by chubbygal(f): 7:58pm On Apr 02, 2017
Any winner in the house?! Let the redeemed say!!

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by olatunjin(m): 7:59pm On Apr 02, 2017
The tweets was not sent by his twitter verified handle.
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 02, 2017
Lol
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by Engrdavo: 8:03pm On Apr 02, 2017
I tnk baba has a reasn 4 saying such! It takes man of undrstnding to undstnd dat mysterious statement. Only pple who hav fallen victim nd hav deir destinies mar on social media can see into d tone of baba. Sumbdy shout halelujah....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by Evinsco(m): 8:03pm On Apr 02, 2017
LoveJesus87:
unfortunately, you are the only one that has sense here. Just imagine if everyone else here can use their brains,.chai dis generation is dead embarassed

Nigerians matter just weak me here my guy.....
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by Adecombo(m): 8:04pm On Apr 02, 2017
everybody with their point of view,that's baba's view. Gbam
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by paperboi14: 8:04pm On Apr 02, 2017
beardlessdude:
This is nonsense.

The way naija pastors throw stupid quotes about is alarming.

And his followers be like "yes pastor"

Gullibility!

Pst Adeboye, with all due respect keep ur sentiments to yourself.

Meanwhile if you buy private jet with church money, you would lose it to bokoharam.
i dont believe he said it
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by AyamConfidence(m): 8:07pm On Apr 02, 2017
Daddy Freeze right now

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 02, 2017
please Nigerians can we for once think deeply about something before taking? one of the problem we have is we think we are so loaded with knowledge meanwhile we are short of it. what he is trying to say is far different from what you all are reacting to I wonder how u guys read that piece of advice. he said that to those that wants quality and a godly marriage mind you he is talking to his disciples. with the increase in divorce tell me why we don't need this kind of advice .sorry but sometimes what you see or view as a person on social medias might not be the real them
pls and pls am not a redeem member just observing
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by sholeypra(m): 8:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
It could be very funny and unethical by the twitter handler, I wanna believe that statement was coined from his sermon and you all would agree there are some instances which could have led to that statement. Would love to have the full sermon to understand what he said. Funny enough it could just be on a lighter mood to put some smiles on their faces,it could be an illustration,it could be something else. Have learnt never to draw my conclusion from one instance or a statement...This could be misinterpretation....#Shalom.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by zabuur: 8:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
Baba was only trying to speak in tongue. Relax now. He's over 70.
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by seankay(m): 8:18pm On Apr 02, 2017
Evinsco:
Well.....let give respect to whom respect is due......even if you can't respect him as a pastor...respect his old age,he senior most of you parents and he is more experienced on life issues than you are.
So let lay constructive criticisms without going biased on our opinion on this issue.
Me and you know what trends on Facebook....d slay mamas,slay queen,mhiz dis and dat etc.
I want to ask you a question....if paradventure u saw your wife on fb almost unclad...hw will u feel. Will you even marry her in the first place.
Me and u knw that 95% of our girls want to feel belong,when they see their friends dressing unclad because of likes.
So i will take it that the man is just trying to tell you that you should be cautious and carefull when choosing your wife and not adviceable to pick from facebook.
He that has hear let him hear......

I rest my pen!!!
Quote me and criticise constructively.......or just passby....

Man, you didn't make any valid point in trying to defend your master who feels his opinion should be swallowed by all.

Firstly, you talked about experience in this about life issues and all so alligning his experience and this present discussion makes his experience invalid. Talking of FB experience, lots of Nigerians are facebook users as long or more than he has ever used it so what makes him more experienced in this aspect?

Secondly, you mentioned slay mamas but you didn't tell us what your point is

Thirdly, you said 95% of FB girls wants to feel among. Let it be known to you that almost everyone is on FB so the sly mamas, peperdem gang are the same girls you see in church on Sunday. If you decide not to meet girls on facebook, you are still going to meet girls that are on facebook grin grin

Your claim about seeing your wife's naked pics on facebook makes no sense or perhaps you couldn't deliver your point.

In conclusion, don't ever try to sound stupid cos you're trying to make sense outta nonsense . What Adeboye said is just his opinion and doesn't mean it's right or wrong

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by Engrdavo: 8:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
money121:
But I meet mine thru Facebook.. Infact we gonna celebrate 2yrs wedding anniversary this month...
The marriage is blessed with the a boy and girl..

Seem adeboye get choko for head...oniradarada
Hmmmm.... enu e oni kuku pa e....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by cooldood(m): 8:21pm On Apr 02, 2017
henrydadon:

Whether you like it or not,there's a point in what was posted and nothing there says you must find or get your wife from inside the church. The truth is it's a fact,how and where you meet your spouse matters cos a lady that will be fine with chatting with you via social media and you hook up from there will not stop doing such even after marriage.so don't blame her if she keeps chatting with male admirers after marriage and don't come and complain here when she continues from where she left off before you agreed to marry her.
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2017
If you get olosho on nairaland you will lose her on 2go lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by Daboomb: 8:25pm On Apr 02, 2017
CriticMaestro:
the statement is so wrong...firstly facebook is a platform designed specifically for chatting and as such one can toast a girl and get hooked up, but youtube! imagine, how can u find a wife on youtube? this even shows his statement wasnt given a good nice thought
secondly, as a christian tolerance should be one of ur foremost values...first he posted that a woman that cannot cook and pray for one hour should not be wedded...is that a biblical saying or earthly saying, u dont know how this women managed to survive to be what they are today, not everyone had the pleasure of having a caring mother that supports her and let her tag alone all the time..u just dont know people stories, but u keep posting unbiblical statements... u simply view mordenization as a bad thing and to be frank ,this is an archaic way of thinking
and i am sorry to say but u are drowning people instead of saving them
p.s

Are you stylishly calling Baba Adeboye, a Boho Haram (Wester Education is Bad) Pastor? shocked shocked grin grin

Mind ya self o!

Anyway, the man should simply have said that "people should place more emphasis on real, face-2-face relationships, instead of all these virtual relationships on FB that simply springs into marriage.
Ofcourse, we all know about the "challenges" such marriages have been posting of recent.

Make una relax for the Baba now, he mistakenly dabble into a topic that was not part of his generation......... and he mis-yarn really bad.
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by felixomor: 8:25pm On Apr 02, 2017
LoveJesus87:

My brother,
Not only are they dead, their hypocrisy is to the heavens..
Many of them will counsel their relatives not to find wife on Facebook, yet they will be the first to come here and criticise........
Smh

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by tosyne2much(m): 8:26pm On Apr 02, 2017
Idrismusty97:
This is surprising. For the first time in my life i am proud to be a Nigerian. The shackles are falling off little by little.
Hahahahaha cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 02, 2017
Finally, Nigerians have gathered sense. I thought they'd swallow it sheepishly because it's a pastor's handle o, I was expecting replies like 'amen' 'I receive it'.

#yeyedeysmell

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by kayalcomp: 8:28pm On Apr 02, 2017
So this thing reach Nairaland. I heard when he was explaining what he means. It can also mean "Iyawo ti a ba fe lode ijo, iran lo maa wo lo" . That is a Yoruba adage. dont misquote the Pastor!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by tosyne2much(m): 8:29pm On Apr 02, 2017
For the very first time I disagree with baba. There's no guaranteed place of finding the right woman, not even in redemption camp

Atheists, food don come oooo... Let me watch them come for baba's head cheesy cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 02, 2017
beardlessdude:
This is nonsense.

The way naija pastors throw stupid quotes about is alarming.

And his followers be like "yes pastor"

Gullibility!

Pst Adeboye, with all due respect keep ur sentiments to yourself.

Meanwhile if you buy private jet with church money, you would lose it to bokoharam.

Diz evil grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Must Read: The Dust Raised By John Kumuyi's Wedding! / Joshua Iginla's 2017 Prophecy About Buhari's Health / Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.