Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) (96278 Views)

Woman With Blue Eyes Wants To Reunite With Her Husband - Kwara First Lady / Husband Of Risikat Azeez-Ayegbami: Why I Abandoned My Wife With Blue Eyes / Girl born with an Arabic inscription in Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
Dongreat:
The color of the eyes is controlled by what is call Melanie. Melanin is also responsible for the pigmentation of your skin and hair. Too much Melanin in the eyes result to brown coloration and in skin, yep brown skin, hence the saying "brown people". Over secretion of melanin in the skin result to dark color but still brown in the eyes.
So the baby, relatives and others with blue eyes have little secretions of melanin in their eyes and the risk of damage from UV light is also high.
Thumbs up. Thanks for this smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 03, 2017
ibson99:
scary eyes. you sure she aint marine spirit

Abeg who get small sense wey him no dey use......there is an emergency here
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by burkingx(f): 5:57pm On Apr 03, 2017
Serious angry

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by goldedprince: 5:58pm On Apr 03, 2017
thats an upcoming star there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 03, 2017
reyscrub:
This is natural and is due to body chemistry.

The mutation affected the so-called OCA2 gene, which is involved in the production of melanin, the pigment that gives color to our hair, eyes and skin.

"A genetic mutation affecting the OCA2 gene in our chromosomes resulted in the creation of a 'switch,' which literally 'turned off' the ability to produce brown eyes," Eiberg said.

The genetic switch is located in the gene adjacent to OCA2 and rather than completely turning off the gene, the switch limits its action, which reduces the production of melanin in the iris. In effect, the turned-down switch diluted brown eyes to blue.

If the OCA2 gene had been completely shut down, our hair, eyes and skin would be melanin-less, a condition known as albinism.

Eiberg and his team examined DNA from mitochondria, the cells' energy-making structures, of blue-eyed individuals in countries including Jordan, Denmark and Turkey. This genetic material comes from females, so it can trace maternal lineages.

It is a fact that the people who have blue eyes in Denmark, as far as Jordan, these people all have this same haplotype, they all have exactly the same gene changes that are all linked to this one mutation that makes eyes blue.

The mutation is what regulates the OCA2 switch for melanin production. And depending on the amount of melanin in the iris, a person can end up with eye color ranging from brown to green. Brown-eyed individuals have considerable individual variation in the area of their DNA that controls melanin production. But they found that blue-eyed individuals only have a small degree of variation in the amount of melanin in their eyes.

http://www.livescience.com/9578-common-ancestor-blue-eyes.html

people can lie for Africa !!! haha kilode
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by tweetsme(m): 5:58pm On Apr 03, 2017
OH! How I wish she is my Daugher. GOD BLESS HER PARENTS.
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by BoleAndFish: 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2017
kerryjossy:
Beautiful eyes....The fact that u are a #girlchild makes u perfect.
She's perfect cos she's a girlchild? Meaning it wouldn't be so of reverse was the case?
Warpage gone on rampage!
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Btruth: 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2017
Whao! Very interesting.
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by BoleAndFish: 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2017
Kai too cute
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by mudiana(m): 6:00pm On Apr 03, 2017
love your eyes sweet baby.
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 03, 2017
Son cutey!
Me likey! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by loomer: 6:03pm On Apr 03, 2017
First of all who be the idiot wey dey stigmatize small pikin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
I won't be surprised if some people say that the baby is from the pit of hell
No be wetin Una people dae always yarn b dat.... Witch, aje, emere, etc
cheesy
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by sheyinoni(m): 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2017
wintersnow:

Babe I've blue eyes.. Our kids will definitely inherit this trait from me
Scopist,always scoping babe with the slightest opportunity. I bet ur eye are red sef ,red from claro. Looool[color=#000099][/color] grin
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Nickymezor(f): 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2017
Pretty baby.
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2017
The Parents maybe illiterates..

Blue eyes, they discriminate

Albino, they discriminate

Mongoloids they discriminate

Na wa o...did they create themselves?
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by SeyiKings: 6:05pm On Apr 03, 2017
Very cute. Very lovely eyes. I wish I had one.
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by cornel994(m): 6:06pm On Apr 03, 2017
Wow shocked shocked once seen a kid wit two diff eye colors twas heavenly, I wish I had one
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Chumani(f): 6:06pm On Apr 03, 2017
Megan Morgan True Blue Eyed Twin comes to mind
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Dehnver(f): 6:07pm On Apr 03, 2017
The backwardness in Africa makes sick..
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 03, 2017
NIGERIANS ARE FUCKING UP BIG TIME the blogger used an extension of BEAUTY PLUS App MAKEUP PLUS to do this shit and people are already commenting "beautiful baby" SCAM
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by MrSly(m): 6:10pm On Apr 03, 2017
reyscrub:
This is natural and is due to body chemistry.

The mutation affected the so-called OCA2 gene, which is involved in the production of melanin, the pigment that gives color to our hair, eyes and skin.

"A genetic mutation affecting the OCA2 gene in our chromosomes resulted in the creation of a 'switch,' which literally 'turned off' the ability to produce brown eyes," Eiberg said.

The genetic switch is located in the gene adjacent to OCA2 and rather than completely turning off the gene, the switch limits its action, which reduces the production of melanin in the iris. In effect, the turned-down switch diluted brown eyes to blue.

If the OCA2 gene had been completely shut down, our hair, eyes and skin would be melanin-less, a condition known as albinism.

Eiberg and his team examined DNA from mitochondria, the cells' energy-making structures, of blue-eyed individuals in countries including Jordan, Denmark and Turkey. This genetic material comes from females, so it can trace maternal lineages.

It is a fact that the people who have blue eyes in Denmark, as far as Jordan, these people all have this same haplotype, they all have exactly the same gene changes that are all linked to this one mutation that makes eyes blue.

The mutation is what regulates the OCA2 switch for melanin production. And depending on the amount of melanin in the iris, a person can end up with eye color ranging from brown to green. Brown-eyed individuals have considerable individual variation in the area of their DNA that controls melanin production. But they found that blue-eyed individuals only have a small degree of variation in the amount of melanin in their eyes.

http://www.livescience.com/9578-common-ancestor-blue-eyes.html

Nice details
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by czaremrys(m): 6:14pm On Apr 03, 2017
ibson99:
scary eyes. you sure she aint marine spirit
When u know a fool just commented. smh so dense even light bends around U.
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by femolii: 6:14pm On Apr 03, 2017
Devils eyes.
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by alt3r3g0: 6:15pm On Apr 03, 2017
The level of ignorance is alarming
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Akaujaa(m): 6:16pm On Apr 03, 2017
Chill pills are not sold in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by newacca: 6:19pm On Apr 03, 2017
Bellisima! Beautiful!!
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 03, 2017
Girls I go don fvck kill with this sharingan eyes.
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by tosyne2much(m): 6:20pm On Apr 03, 2017
adepeter26:

No be wetin Una people dae b dat.... Witch, aje, emere, etc
cheesy
I no be part of them baba cheesy
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by AreaFada2: 6:22pm On Apr 03, 2017
thorpido:
She will face stigmatization in this environment,some might even tag her an ogbanje,smh.
I love her uniqueness.

Lol.

Very funny place, this 9ja. I have seen both blue eyes & green eyes in 9ja. Nothing new.

We have many dormant traits in us that never show in phenotype.

Anyhow if not linked with Wardenburg syndrome that occurs in 1 out of about 40,000 to 42,000 people, no biggie.

If Waardenburg syndrome related, paediatricians would have noticed the sensorineural (hearing problems) by now.
It results from abnormalities in the neural crest cells when still just an embryo. These cells later contribute to skin pigment cells, cartilage of face & brain, bone, digestive tract neurons, neurons situated without spinal cord/brain, etc.

Other blue eyes are just from mutation in the OCA2/P protein gene involved in pigment control/formation. It is also involved in albinism.

Genetics/mutation aside, all humans migrated from Africa. Among them the ancestors of blue-eyed Europeans, Arabs and others of today.

Why is it impossible that they took their blue eyes from Africa? If they did, why is it impossible that original blue eyes are still lying dormant in many of us Africans of today? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by femi4: 6:24pm On Apr 03, 2017
Origin:
I want . I want o. Oh I want blue eyes jare.
So vivid. So beautiful and unique.
The real blue ivvy.....forget Beyonce daughter

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wife Sets Her Husband's House On Fire In Birnin-Kebbi For Wanting Another Wife / Man Impregnates His Sister-In-Law In Nasarawa / Female Bank Manager Caught Red Handed By Husband In Bed With Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.