Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,406 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct (25585 Views)

Yahaya Bello: Obaseki’s Exit Is Painful But APC Will Reclaim Edo / Buhari’s Exit In 2023 Will Reduce Tribalism / The President's Comment Can Be Twisted But Truth Is Sacrosanct (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by davidif: 12:13am On Apr 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

I read the statement credited to Presidential Spokesman Segun Adesina advocating that President Muhammadu Buhari, his boss should seek reelection in 2019 and even assured him of victory.

One of the problems with public administration in this country is the attitude of those around the corridors of power and their shameless sycophancy. It is only a sycophant that will suggest that a president, that not only failed woefully within two years of assuming power but also is caught up with the challenges that comes with his age as a 74 years old.

FEMI STATEMENT INSULTING ON NIGERIANS
I find it insulting on the intelligence of Nigerians that instead of the President Aide to advice his boss to consider bowing out in honor in 2019 if he wouldn't for the sake of his ego step down now, Femi instead is already pushing him to seek reelection, thereby exposing the President to further ridicule and a potential disgraceful defeat.

For the sake of posterity, the President has been battling ill-health since the first quarter of 2016. He has gone on medical trips to London for a record 5 times and spent a cumulative 82 days for this cause between the said period and now, the longest being the 50 days he spent in the first quarter of this year 2017.

WE CAN'T CONTINUE TO FUND HIS MEDICAL BILL:
In September 2016 alone, Buhari media Aide Shehu Garba admitted that the President spent a whopping N20,000,000 to treat his ear alone, even though Nigerians believed that the money expended was in the region of £3-£6Million, yet the quoted amount is too exorbitant when one consider the high level poverty rate in the country and the fact that N1,000,000 is considered a luxury for an average Nigerian. More worrisome is the fact that the President men never showed invoices or receipt to back up their N20,000,000 claim.

Only a couple of days ago, government spokesman Alhaji Lai Mohammed came out to tell Nigerians bluntly that the administration will not disclose what was expended on the President in his 50 days medical sojourn in the UK, a statement any rational being will consider insulting considering that the administration came on the change mantra and pledged transparency, as well as the existing Freedom of Information Act that was passed and practised during the PDP administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.

We cannot afford to be paying from the meagre resources of the country for the unending health challenges of the President. It is a shame that even the President admitted of returning to London to continue where his doctors stopped and Nigerians money in the range of millions will be expended on that trip. Such a lifestyle cannot be sustained for another 2 years not to talk of an additional 4 years.

BUHARI'S 2019 EXIT IS SACROSANCT
I wish to add that Nigeria constitution grants executive power on the President, it therefore means that the President must up and fit to perform his mandate, there is no room for part time or ceremonial presidency in Nigeria and we can't smuggle it in. It is either the President quit and face his health challenge or he remains in power and honorably bow out at the expiration of his mandate in 2019, this is what Nigerians expect of him, this is what is fair to him.

The President must bow out in 2019, he has made history by leading the country as both a military man and a civilian, he has made history has the first opposition politician to defeat a sitting president and ruling party in Nigeria, but he has largely failed in his duties, his health is posing a big challenge both to him and to the purse of Nigeria, the only honourable thing is for him to exit after the expiration of his term in 2019. Anything other than this will lead to his disgrace at the poll in 2019. Nigerians are prepared for this patriotic task.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria will

Shared on palmchat

Oga Sacrosanct, this is for you.
https://www.nairaland.com/3716282/nigerians-use-english-language-bbc
Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by ezenaija(m): 12:16am On Apr 05, 2017
There is corruption everywhere in the world. The difference between other climes and our is that ours became official. Stealing of public funds was no more an act of corruption as declared by the then President.
Nigeria is gradually returning to the era when public officials steal our common patrimony with fear,caution knowing that there will be consequences if caught just as it is with corruption perpetrators in other countries. It's no more an official policy that Stealing if public funds is not corruption. It's corruption now!

goodguygonebad:
And in the holiness of this dispensation there's no corruption? Please spare me.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by AK481(m): 12:22am On Apr 05, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

The blame game stopped when we booted them out of office: we can't go back to our vomit. If it is certified that this administration doesn't have the capacity to deliver dividends of democracy, we will boot them out like we did to PDP. But for the mean time, we will give them our fair support.

sir! actually,the blame game started .
Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by goodguygonebad: 12:22am On Apr 05, 2017
Lemme play devil's advocate. Corruption should be treated as armed robbery. That might be what the gentleman was trying to say.

May I ask you how corruption will not thrive in a situation where citizens barely can feed? That's a real fact that stares us in the face which we deny so much. Corruption sir, is very very present in this government. I stand to be corrected

ezenaija:
There is corruption everywhere in the world. The difference between other climes and our is that ours became official. Stealing of public funds was no more an act of corruption as declared by the then President.
Nigeria is gradually returning to the era when public officials steal our common patrimony with fear,caution knowing that there will be consequences if caught just as it is with corruption perpetrators in other countries. It's no more an official policy that Stealing if public funds is not corruption. It's corruption now!

Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by AK481(m): 12:24am On Apr 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Here we go again...
Firstly, our reserve wS inherited at $30billion and it has never grown beyond that. In fact, it went down as at September... How much is in our ECA despite the oil benchmark set at $38 per barrel and oil has been selling above $50 per barrel for almost 6 months in a stretch? This is a government that has increased our debt beyond measure, salaries are paid through borrowing and NOT from government revenue. The government can't deny this...

While BH has been dealt with, other aspects of our lives suffers. The economy is in shambles, dollar is selling at a rate more than where we were in 2015. Lots of jobs have been lost and commodities have skyrocketed. Inflation is at double digits and GDP growth is in shameless negative.

How much is a cup of garri pls?

you missed the killer punch.

whioe bh has been death with fulani herdmen rose to the number 3 spot(not 4) in the global terrorist ranking.

+1-1=?
Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by ezenaija(m): 12:36am On Apr 05, 2017
BruzMoney:

I'm neither a supporter of Buhari nor Jonathan but it's so obvious you're an APC e-warrior. As for me, I would still prefer the 16 years of looting with every thing in normal places to 2 years of your so called good governance where a common man cannot afford to feed on 3 square meals.

Can you give what you don't have? No.
If you don't know how Nigeria got into suffering, would anything you say about it be correct? Most unlikely. So where you need to start from is to study and find out the root cause of the economic hardship in Nigeria. When you get your facts, then we can continue. I can offer you several pre May 29,2015 materials on the subject to help but Google will do better. Economic experts across the divide including Okonjo-Iweala already declared as at that time that the hard times will happen.
If you don't have a good perspective on the background of the problem, how can you hold a sound opinion on the subject matter?

1 Like

Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by Nature8(m): 12:38am On Apr 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

I read the statement credited to Presidential Spokesman Segun Adesina advocating that President Muhammadu Buhari, his boss should seek reelection in 2019 and even assured him of victory.

One of the problems with public administration in this country is the attitude of those around the corridors of power and their shameless sycophancy. It is only a sycophant that will suggest that a president, that not only failed woefully within two years of assuming power but also is caught up with the challenges that comes with his age as a 74 years old.

I find it insulting on the intelligence of Nigerians that instead of the President Aide to advice his boss to consider bowing out in honor in 2019 if he wouldn't for the sake of his ego step down now, Femi instead is already pushing him to seek reelection, thereby exposing the President to further ridicule and a potential disgraceful defeat.

For the sake of posterity, the President has been battling ill-health since the first quarter of 2016. He has gone on medical trips to London for a record 5 times and spent a cumulative 82 days for this cause between the said period and now, the longest being the 50 days he spent in the first quarter of this year 2017.

In September 2016 alone, Buhari media Aide Shehu Garba admitted that the President spent a whopping N20,000,000 to treat his ear alone, even though Nigerians believed that the money expended was in the region of £3-£6Million, yet the quoted amount is too exorbitant when one consider the high level poverty rate in the country and the fact that N1,000,000 is considered a luxury for an average Nigerian. More worrisome is the fact that the President men never showed invoices or receipt to back up their N20,000,000 claim.

Only a couple of days ago, government spokesman Alhaji Lai Mohammed came out to tell Nigerians bluntly that the administration will not disclose what was expended on the President in his 50 days medical sojourn in the UK, a statement any rational being will consider insulting considering that the administration came on the change mantra and pledged transparency, as well as the existing Freedom of Information Act that was passed and practised during the PDP administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.

We cannot afford to be paying from the meagre resources of the country for the unending health challenges of the President. It is a shame that even the President admitted of returning to London to continue where his doctors stopped and Nigerians money in the range of millions will be expended on that trip. Such a lifestyle cannot be sustained for another 2 years not to talk of an additional 4 years.

I wish to add that Nigeria constitution grants executive power on the President, it therefore means that the President must up and fit to perform his mandate, there is no room for part time or ceremonial presidency in Nigeria and we can't smuggle it in. It is either the President quit and face his health challenge or he remains in power and honorably bow out at the expiration of his mandate in 2019, this is what Nigerians expect of him, this is what is fair to him.

The President must bow out in 2019, he has made history by leading the country as both a military man and a civilian, he has made history has the first opposition politician to defeat a sitting president and ruling party in Nigeria, but he has largely failed in his duties, his health is posing a big challenge both to him and to the purse of Nigeria, the only honourable thing is for him to exit after the expiration of his term in 2019. Anything other than this will lead to his disgrace at the poll in 2019. Nigerians are prepared for this patriotic task.

Shared on palmchat

Hmm, so you want us to continue this suffering till 2019? I dodge am bro!!

For cry out loud, you should advice him on how to quit now and focus more on his health than talking about 2019..
Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by Fx55(m): 12:39am On Apr 05, 2017
Mynd44:
So anyone who votes for him is insane?

I am sure the PDP handle on twitter thought the same.
We already did an election here on this forum and the results are here for all to see.

Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:44am On Apr 05, 2017
Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by ezenaija(m): 12:44am On Apr 05, 2017
goodguygonebad:
Lemme play devil's advocate. Corruption should be treated as armed robbery. That might be what the gentleman was trying to say.

May I ask you how corruption will not thrive in a situation where citizens barely can feed? That's a real fact that stares us in the face which we deny so much. Corruption sir, is very very present in this government. I stand to be corrected
So Dasuki, Dokpesi, Metu, Amosun, Yakubu, Diezani, Patience Jonathan etc were all hungry right.. That's why they lootedthe treasury?
Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by sammhi(m): 1:01am On Apr 05, 2017
ezenaija:
Buhari is Strongest Antj-Corruption proponent among our politicians. The itching fingers can't come back yet. No, we can't allow that. Let's have straight 8years of a No TO CORRUPTION government. Buhari is the only one we can
trust with that.

But his incompetence will open the door for a lot of corrupt practices unknown even to himself.
When Buhari was healthy as petroleum minister , money went missing so also as ptf man , money went missing so you can imagine what is going on now in a bigger pool and with him sick. Buhari is not a man with attention to details even in a healthy state
What is happening now is that he is shielding his corrupt men so that it won't be that ApC is also accuse of corruption.
Massive corruption is going on but among very few people.
case in point : a permanent secretary was sacked for using his companies to execute inflated contract. But name of the p.s and ministry was not mentioned . Neither was efcc involved .
But I understand your point : you are also eating and change of guard may mean end of road for you. Am yet to see a politician and their numerous with clean sheets . You all are filthy guys .
Saying PDP is evil, corrupt etc is like an armed robber calling for the head of another armed robber just because he has the police as friends who covers his track .
I have not seen a Nigerian honest at doing government job . I have not seen a Nigerian politician whose source of wealth is not from stolen funds directly and indirectly.
Only a fool and the gullible will believe you guys in the helm today are against corruption.na lie you lie . You are all filthy .

1 Like

Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by davidif: 1:03am On Apr 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Wetin I do

Have you read the post yet?
Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by Lancelott(m): 2:57am On Apr 05, 2017
Justuceleague2:

If anyone were to ask you why he should be removed I'm sure your answer would be based on den say dem say any sane Nigerian should support this administration especially for the fight against corruption

Even TonyeBarcanista knows he just shared that post, he has not tried to convince anyone yet, the TonyeBarcanista I have read so much about will not just copy and paste a post, he'll analyze and give 100 reasons and proofs, in this case he only said presidency didn't present invoice / receipt I am pretty sure everyone can find that invoice with just a call

Oh and some plastic surgeries full body cost less than $1M how can rumor mongers claimed Buhari spent £10M

He mentioned we can't continue to fund his medical trips, I'm sure the man earns salary, besides under the constitution it's his right to be treated by the nation, if Saraki can hug 500M range and oduah can buy 250M BMW I'm sure Presidency has the right to spend as much as it can to keep the president alive and performing

Not once has the so called sick buhari fallen off any podium or stage , but the famed mugabe has at least 3 records that we know of

It's time to end bitter politics, no one else can do what buhari has accomplished
[b]
Justuceleague2:

If anyone were to ask you why he should be removed I'm sure your answer would be based on den say dem say any sane Nigerian should support this administration especially for the fight against corruption

Even TonyeBarcanista knows he just shared that post, he has not tried to convince anyone yet, the TonyeBarcanista I have read so much about will not just copy and paste a post, he'll analyze and give 100 reasons and proofs, in this case he only said presidency didn't present invoice / receipt I am pretty sure everyone can find that invoice with just a call

Oh and some plastic surgeries full body cost less than $1M how can rumor mongers claimed Buhari spent £10M

He mentioned we can't continue to fund his medical trips, I'm sure the man earns salary, besides under the constitution it's his right to be treated by the nation, if Saraki can hug 500M range and oduah can buy 250M BMW I'm sure Presidency has the right to spend as much as it can to keep the president alive and performing

Not once has the so called sick buhari fallen off any podium or stage , but the famed mugabe has at least 3 records that we know of

It's time to end bitter politics, no one else can do what buhari has accomplished
[/b]
Justuceleague2:

an average senator earns #36M monthly in Nigeria, multiply that by 12 then multiply by 2 and tell me saraki can't afford a 500M range... there's a limit as to how much of tax payer's money a president whose sole purpose is transparency can spend OUTSIDE A COUNTRY..We tackling Buhari not Mugabe...
Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by Lancelott(m): 3:05am On Apr 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Obviously you need comprehension class
Don't argue with anyone bro .check the date registered on those accounts?? they are spamming your thread with different monikers to make you seem like you are losing the argument... they are mostly recent accounts... as usual new accounts will pop up since elections will soon be upon us...I know some monikers who have not come online since 2015...ignore them
Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by Lancelott(m): 3:15am On Apr 05, 2017
I'll exit with this statement..."The case of Nigeria can be likened to that of a man being butt raped by two guys. The first guy goes in with a lube and and simply walks away when he's done. The second guy offers to counsel the victim and even wipes the initial blood with a handkerchief but also rapes the guy with a bigger d**k and doesn't use a lube...
Some people now say at least the first guy used a lube while others say at least the second guy offered a handkerchief but most forget the crime of rape being committed.
Am neither a PDP nor APC fan...it's better to vote KOWA sef in the next party than to waste my time with those two thieves...

1 Like

Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by cheezy4real(m): 4:02am On Apr 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

Shared on palmchat

God bless you. Buhari is a gonna. He has disappointed his generation, my generation and the future generation. Am sure posterity will not be fair on u after breaking the trust given to u in 2019. Every reasonable Nigerian will do the needful in 2019 at the polling centre.
Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by fabre4: 4:33am On Apr 05, 2017
madridguy:
Another article from the stable of PDP's mouthpiece on nairaland to paint Sai Baba black. grin grin grin Laughing in Kanuri, PDP is dead and buried long time ago and no amount of sermon will bring back the satanic party.

Never again. Tonye, go back to your party and tell them it is over. 16 wasted years under the useless party is enough.

I stand with Sai Baba

I'm with APC

Why must you involve PDP can't you tackle him fact for fact.
Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by Donclaracuzo: 4:34am On Apr 05, 2017
madridguy:
Another article from the stable of PDP's mouthpiece on nairaland to paint Sai Baba black. grin grin grin Laughing in Kanuri, PDP is dead and buried long time ago and no amount of sermon will bring back the satanic party.

Never again. Tonye, go back to your party and tell them it is over. 16 wasted years under the useless party is enough.

I stand with Sai Baba

I'm with APC

You stand with your sai baba as a sheepishly hausa blind fellow who has no vision for a better Nigeria. #Think Nigeria#
Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by Dindondin(m): 4:56am On Apr 05, 2017
madridguy:

I stand with Sai Baba

I'm with APC
You should keep quiet!
Buhari's health has failed him completely!

I thought Barcanista ll mention some things about the Senate's impunity etc.
His health alone is enough reasons to vote him out!
Hear this shocker: Buhari got his winning support ftom Southwest.
Now he has lost most of it.
The Southwest ll show more support to another person.
If APC present Buhari as their presidential candidate then they can forget 2019.
I m no supporter of PDP. I just don't support people blindly
Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by rozayx5(m): 5:28am On Apr 05, 2017
Mynd44:
This will be decided by Nigerians and not members of the PDP who have put us where we are with their brazzen corruption, fiscal anmonetary, carelessness and madness.

If you think the PDP have any say, refer to the poll they had on twitter (that was shamelessly deleted when they saw that they lost)

how a mod openly supports a political party is scary

1 Like

Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by Acetyl(m): 5:42am On Apr 05, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
which one is offline?
That a president that has never stole a kobo is the most corrupt govt in history of nigeria
Dont you think you and op are so ...............
Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by Acetyl(m): 5:49am On Apr 05, 2017
[quote author=Acetyl post=55274095][/quote]This shows you are delusional. Fight for the betterment of Nigeria and not party or individuals. This you comments show that you are either from North or you schooled in North cos valid points whatsoever other than insults on people.
Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by hakimi1974(m): 5:57am On Apr 05, 2017
ZombieTERROR:

It's shouldn't be about party
It should be about Nigeria and Nigerians
Believe me when I tell u that majority are tired of Buharis incompetency
He is unfit to be called a president
Removing Buhari from aso rock is a task that must be accomplished by any sane citizen of this country
so, you dey fear your head. you when dey hob nob with p.d.p big wigs, abi you don fallout with gov wike?
Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by hakimi1974(m): 6:03am On Apr 05, 2017
knee jerk reaction, from a member of a comatose about to die political party. we will soon sing a dirge for p.d.p very soon.
Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by Roric: 6:07am On Apr 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

Shared on palmchat

I'm quiet sure you have not recovered from the last elections.
Your party PDP and you did online polls last week and as at the last time i checked President Buhari's APC won.
While not wait till 2019 before talking on behalf of yourself & yourself alone rather than saying Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:13am On Apr 05, 2017
Buhari WILL NOT seek a second term.

Prof. Osinbajo is your next President.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by 989900: 6:15am On Apr 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Here we go again...
[s]Firstly, our reserve wS inherited at $30billion and it has never grown beyond that. In fact, it went down as at September... How much is in our ECA despite the oil benchmark set at $38 per barrel and oil has been selling above $50 per barrel for almost 6 months in a stretch?[/s] This is a government that has increased our debt beyond measure, salaries are paid through borrowing and NOT from government revenue. The government can't deny this...

While BH has been dealt with, other aspects of our lives suffers. The economy is in shambles, dollar is selling at a rate more than where we were in 2015. Lots of jobs have been lost and commodities have skyrocketed. Inflation is at double digits and GDP growth is in shameless negative.

How much is a cup of garri pls?
Re: 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct by 989900: 6:21am On Apr 05, 2017
This article would have made sense if it were written with an open and apolitical mind, and of course with better reasons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Crowd Flood APC Secretariat As Yahaya Bello Obtains Presidential Form / Solomon Dalung In 50m Race In UNIPORT (Photos) / Ex-generals Demand Crackdown As Terrorists Kill Over 700 Soldiers In 18 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.