Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! (1412 Views)

This Is What My Friend's Ex Sent To Him / I Am Sexually Attracted To My Close Friend! What Do I Do? / A Close Friend Of Mine Is Wooing My Girl Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by Beeshop: 6:14pm On Jan 23, 2007
When i was in university, a friend of mine was going out with a girl.The relationship lasted for one session. But while it did, i was always aware of "events".When the relationship ended to the girl's dissatisfaction, she relied on me for support.And as the years passed we became closer friends.

My friend is now married and we don't call each other again but that is not to say that we can't meet in the future. The problem now is that his ex and i are seeing each other and are even talking about marriage!

Though she's my idea of a woman, my mind tells me that i'm not man enough to marry someone whose ex was or is my friend.

I don't know what to do. It'll break her heart to lose me. Please tell me what you think without much disapprobation.
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by LadyT(f): 6:17pm On Jan 23, 2007
angry you either love her or you dont. your friend who you dont see no more has moved on so should you.
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by degbads(m): 6:23pm On Jan 23, 2007
ask urself sincerely if ure doing d right thing in God and man's sight if yes go ahead almost every girl/boy is someone's ex
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by fellow(m): 6:28pm On Jan 23, 2007
Hi i do not think its a bad idea at all. So far you are serious about the girl and won't hurt her cause its' obvious she would still be brooding over the loss of your friend.
Anyway i have seen things like that happen and i don't think its a new thing. Go along with what your heart says aight
Good luck
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by onyegbula(m): 6:47pm On Jan 23, 2007
Do go on with her, your friend is married now & you've not seen him for a long time now. It's no bad thing to do.
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by ThisDumebi: 7:08pm On Jan 23, 2007
My friend Beeshop dont u think u might lose some respect before your friends who might think that you cant find your own woman for marriage?Just thinking; I'm not too certain about my thoughts.But if u urself are fine with that,dont let it bother you.Life is filled with such twists and turns,ok? Does anyone share my opinion?Give my honest regards to her grin
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by Seun(m): 7:17pm On Jan 23, 2007
If your friend is married then there must be a deeper reason why you're afraid to marry this girl.

Are you commitment-phobic? Is there another girl you have in mind? Those are the real questions!
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by Beeshop: 7:42pm On Jan 23, 2007
Thanks all. I'm sincere with the whole thing but my worry is hinted at by Thisdumebi when he says that my peers might think me less a man than most of us for marrying someone whom i knew thru someone else. Ordinarily, i'm comfortable with the whole thing.I want more comments.Thanks everyone.I appreciate everything.
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 23, 2007
Let me tell you a sweet story. . .

I met a girl i fell in love with at first sight. I loved her tiny petite figure, her voice, the way she talked and laughed.

I told my best and most trusted friend about her and i was just thinking of approaching the girl. Perhaps i was too slow or something because this same trusted friend of mine approached the girl behind me and they started dating!

I wanted to hate my friend, but i couldnt!!! It's been 6 yrs siince then, my friend and the girl will be getting married this yr, and best of all we are still best of friends!
Today i believe the girl was not meant for me and if the only thing i did by loving that girl then was bringing her to my friend's notice then i think i've done what God wanted to use me to do.

Now that story was real life!
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by Beeshop: 5:04pm On Jan 24, 2007
Thanks David. You see, from your story you never slept with her. My friend did sleep several times with this one in question, to my knowledge. Besides, i have friends who cannot have forgotten that relationship.This is where my problem lies though this doesnt bother her in the least. More opinions please!!
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by Seun(m): 5:10pm On Jan 24, 2007
Wehave told you that the ex-boyfirned does not matter because he is now married. Duh.

What matters is whether or not you really want to marry this girl. The ball is in your court, so play it correctly!

If your friend wants to cause any trouble just report him to his wife. His wife won't take it lightly with him.

My suspicion is that your love for her is not very deep, so you're looking for an escape clause. Shame on you! cheesy
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 24, 2007
Beeshop, if you really love this woman you will go ahead and marry her regardless. Many of us too are dating women who are not virgins too, do we throw them away simply because they may have slept with the guy who shares the same office with you?
Yes i did not sleep with the girl in question before my friend started dating her (maybe that would have changed things) but it still does not matter, what matters is whether you love her enough to go ahead and marry her.

I think your problem is that your friend must have told you some intimate details of his trysts with this girl and you are finding it difficult to look at her without remembering them! Forget it and move on, she's yours now and hopefully forever.
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by popegirl(f): 3:25pm On Jan 26, 2009
Beeshop:

When i was in university, a friend of mine was going out with a girl.The relationship lasted for one session. But while it did, i was always aware of "events".When the relationship ended to the girl's dissatisfaction, she relied on me for support.And as the years passed we became closer friends.

My friend is now married and we don't call each other again but that is not to say that we can't meet in the future. The problem now is that his ex and i are seeing each other and are even talking about marriage!

Though she's my idea of a woman, my mind tells me that i'm not man enough to marry someone whose ex was or is my friend.

I don't know what to do. It'll break her heart to lose me. Please tell me what you think without much disapprobation.

DO u truly love her? if yes

then you hav my blessing
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by fs(f): 6:50pm On Jan 26, 2009
Oh please, marry the girl. If you were really concerned about this, why did you bother dating her? She's not owned by her ex, so move on. I'd be annoyed if her ex actually has issues with this.
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by chi101: 6:56pm On Jan 26, 2009
if the gal in question is comfortable with you, and you really love her despite what you know about her past, then my guy, forge ahead with the marriage and dont give a shit what your friends will say, though i know it aint easy, but pray about it an d God will help u. Cheers.
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by Czarskit(m): 9:18am On Jan 27, 2009
Ur friend(s) shouldn't av any problem with ur marriage 2 dis gal. Dat's if they're really ur friends as u claim. . .
I'v bin in a somewhat similar situation & believe u me, it wasn't easy BUT it was worth it. . .
Follow ur heart. . .
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by sweetmum(f): 4:44pm On Jan 27, 2009
marry the girl if you love her.
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by Lovelace: 5:07pm On Jan 27, 2009
Clash of the titans. Do you listen to your mind or to your heart. Hmnnn.
Your main fear i'm afraid is that you feel your friend will think you less of a man if you go ahead with wedding his ex.
How would he react if you and your newlywed(his ex) both go visiting for dinner or meet at a party. That is your major fear.

Of course if he were not to be your friend,you would not have all these doubts as you would go ahead and marry her.
We are all someone's exes or vice versa (6 degrees of separation), the only difference is in knowing. That's what kills.
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by naomi16: 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2009
they say that "the devil u know is better than the angel u don't know".u knowing who she once dated is good @ least u re safer with her.
ur friend is married now,assuming he is not then that's where u have a problem.we all have a past,and that is what makes us who we are today.so marry her if u love her.
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by JJYOU: 6:03pm On Jan 28, 2009
go on maaaaaaaaaaaaary the girl
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by oblo(m): 6:54pm On Jan 28, 2009
you have heard it all,
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by Epi: 5:13am On Jan 29, 2009
any "true" girlfriend" talk bout she go dey wid my ex-boyfriend,  . . . .muss be mad.   Is pure Karate kicks she ago get from me.  And Bruce lee style too you nuh

1 love
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by simplyfab(f): 5:24am On Jan 29, 2009
Go right ahead and keep loving her like you claim to do.
You can't leave someone you love because you want to PLEASE you "close friend". That's certainly not love.
If you love her would care less what the next person thinks or your close friend cos that was years ago.
He might even have forgotten about her and YOU, no doubt!

Live your life for you and care less about what others think or say cos ppl are BOUND to talk no matter what.
No, it doesn't mean egocentricism, it just means you live for you! And that's exactly what its supposed to be!

Goodluck man!!
Re: I'm In Love With A Close Friend's Ex! by LIMUEL(m): 8:32am On Jan 30, 2009
Let her go
I sense you wont be comfortable
so there is no point doing convenience love

(1) (Reply)

Torn Between Two Loves / Love At First Sight: Am In Love Or Lust: / Should I Still Help Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.