Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,464 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros (28442 Views)

Kingsley Moghalu Under Fire For Referring To Igbos As ‘nigerian Igbo’ / Onyeama Knocks South African Minister Who Described Nigerians As Drug Dealers / Who Captured And Sold The Igbos As Slaves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by aribisala0(m): 1:14pm On Apr 08, 2017
unstableaswater:

wat else? Wen four women gather u now say ok Bleep us today, we will receive news headline that an Afonja died whilst having sex with four women.

That is y u are inferior.
Nwakonbif take it easy

2 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by unstableaswater: 1:17pm On Apr 08, 2017
aribisala0:
Nwakonbif take it easy

One day will be one day. nuff said!

3 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by aribisala0(m): 1:17pm On Apr 08, 2017
You go see who dey answer NwaTitus wey him mama go tell am say him papa na Titus we die during the war him no know say Titus na sardine

6 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by orisa37: 1:19pm On Apr 08, 2017
It's like Lions and Hyenas. They both fight for survival. One is reserved, ready and progressive in its clan. The other is a fearsome Scavenger always. They are both terrific in Actions and Interactions and horrible in Approach and Movements. Yorubas don't keep malice. Ibos trade on Rumors and think it's wisdom. Yorubas fear God. The Ibos have gyrated into Atheism and think it's Knowledge. The Yorubas are ready always to receive The Igbos hands of friendship and cooperation, especially at this time of Recession. The Understanding is, The Igbos want this by Subterfuge.
The Yorubas accept Azikwe, Mbadiwe, Ojukwus etcetera as Yorubas and Nigerian Heroes. The Igbos must apologize and respect their Memories of Awolowo, Herbert Macaulay, Wole Shoyinka, Obasanjo, MKO, Falae etcetera as Heroes of Nigeria. Cheapness is a sin: Valuablenes is Righteousness. The Yorubas and The Igbos must bear this in their respective Minds and with one Accord drive The Fulani Arabs back to Futa Jalon. And Nigeria can have better Federalism.
Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by aribisala0(m): 1:21pm On Apr 08, 2017
unstableaswater:

One day will be one day. nuff said!
Taa gbafue!

One day done already be one day NwaTitus
Good morning

4 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by ozoebuka1(m): 1:34pm On Apr 08, 2017
sekundosekundo:

You cannot use personal achievement as a yardstick here. We are talking about tribes prosperity.

BTW, to say that you are not my class is a statement of fact. I am far far and far ahead of you and there's nothing you can do about it than to wail. If you doubt me, let's meet in any part of the world then with your eyes, you'll see the reality so that next time you'll know how to talk.
lmaoo... see challenge... baba u too much abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 08, 2017
orisa37:
It's like Lions and Hyenas. They both fight for survival. One is reserved, ready and progressive in its clan. The other is a fearsome Scavenger always. They are both terrific in Actions and Interactions and horrible in Approach and Movements. Yorubas don't keep malice. Ibos trade on Rumors and think it's wisdom. Yorubas fear God. The Ibos have gyrated into Atheism and think it's Knowledge. The Yorubas are ready always to receive The Igbos hands of friendship and cooperation, especially at this time of Recession. The Understanding is, The Igbos want this by Subterfuge.
The Yorubas accept Azikwe, Mbadiwe, Ojukwus etcetera as Yorubas and Nigerian Heroes. The Igbos must apologize and respect their Memories of Awolowo, Herbert Macaulay, Wole Shoyinka, Obasanjo, MKO, Falae etcetera as Heroes of Nigeria. Cheapness is a sin: Valuablenes is Righteousness. The Yorubas and The Igbos must bear this in their respective Minds and with one Accord drive The Fulani Arabs back to Futa Jalon. And Nigeria can have better Federalism.

I salute your intelligence bro...., thanks for this great comment....
Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by aribisala0(m): 1:39pm On Apr 08, 2017
Where are the gibbons ?you better come back, we are just starting.

6 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by aribisala0(m): 1:43pm On Apr 08, 2017
Many of these fools shouting Eboe this should not be surprised to learn they are scions of Ali from Malumfashi after he gained access to their mother's orchard for the price of UN issue sardine sugar, milk and sanitary towels. Let the likes of Ezeagu come and deny this

5 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Ngozi123(f): 1:50pm On Apr 08, 2017
Silly thread. We're not inherently superior or inferior to anyone. Who cares about what white people thought about us? I certainly don't.

9 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Ovamboland(m): 1:59pm On Apr 08, 2017
unstableaswater:
If not for world powers, British, Russia, USA, Egypt, Niger, Cameroon all ganging up on Nigeria side, that 1960s Biafra war was the right place to teach both yorubas and hausa put together lesson 101.

By now, the same way all the Arab state fear Isreal, is exactly how both hausa and yoruba put together will fear Biafra and Igbos.

And the superior igbo was gullible enough to walk into a trap set by inferior tribes. Those tribes are so inferior that they ran rings around world diplomacy of the superior ibo. The Inferior ones were able to convince the World powers to be on their side while the intelligent ones could only manage world lilliputians like Haiti, Zambia to be on their side.
So sad the superior Tribes are yet to master how to get their desire opersting among other mumu tribes

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by PDJT: 2:01pm On Apr 08, 2017
- I'm not surprise at all.

- Many years ago, I was studying Dr. Thomas Sowell(Hoover Institute) work and stumbled on the part he used Igbos case to destroy the urban myth that blacks have low IQ, which the "Progessives" of that time were propagating.

Igbo Amaka, Biko!

7 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by AAinEqGuinea: 2:31pm On Apr 08, 2017
Great discussion.

Flattery remains one of the greatest attacks on the black race. Self-absorbance not only distracts but also leaves you blinded to your own self-destruction. Europeans ultimately wanted slaves and resources from your lands and flattery is an effective means to an everlasting end. They used us to screw us, in addition to most if not all of Africa, as seen in the past with the abetting of slavery, aided by intra and inter tribal rivalry, fueling our small sense of elitism with more of their flattery. The practice of flattery remains crippling to the simple black race. You claim to be so cultured yet so unashamed to engage in chest-beating matches in whites' meritocracies, our infallible guide to a new white-washed life, acquiescing only to whites depiction of what our ancestors were.

Great topic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Ojiofor: 2:31pm On Apr 08, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

So this is today's battle ground for afonjeezys and inyamiris? In that case let me grab a seat and laugh my ass off! grin

Boy' which side are you? grin
Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Funlordmaniac(m): 2:36pm On Apr 08, 2017
Ojiofor:

Boy' which side are you? grin

I support none! Na laff get me
Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by TheStronghold: 2:56pm On Apr 08, 2017
"Why colonial master described Igbos As superior Negro"

Only an Igbo person would see nothing wrong with this title. On the topic, they're trying to get Yoruba attention and validation, which has happened so much it is to be expected now. Work on your self esteem. Again, ibos come to the southeast en masse for their livelihoods. There's nothing​ more that needs to be said as to who's doing better than who. So this thread is not only factually false, but irrelevant.

8 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by aribisala0(m): 3:02pm On Apr 08, 2017
Ngozi123:
Silly thread. We're not inherently superior or inferior to anyone. Who cares about what white people thought about us? I certainly don't.
Very sensible I think with people like you there is hope nevertheless I question what lies behind this drive to assert superiority?

4 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by baby124: 3:29pm On Apr 08, 2017
9jakool:
"Why colonial master described Igbos As superior Negro"

If you can't see that there is so much stuff wrong with this title, then you are part of the problem.
I am so shocked at this stupid and pathetic post with the most stupid title. The silly article even says Yoruba and Nupe don't deserve slavery because they are the most civilized. See OP's attempt at tribalism

These bastard racist low life idiots calling us niggers and OP is dancing with excitement. People like OP need to be deleted to spare us from future betrayals. These sort are so dangerous to black people.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by tonychristopher: 3:32pm On Apr 08, 2017
According to historical facts even foresythe proved it

He said that the west can't afford another Japan in Africa that's why they didn't support biafra

It's a fact

2 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Ikeg: 3:36pm On Apr 08, 2017
So the Afonja are wailing and screaming "we don't brag" blah blah yet they have been the ONLY tribe for generation who self credited themselves"the most educated, most sophisticated, most polite, most developed" blah blah yet they crying for the OP providing a historical as well as current data destroying their self credited delusions

They are shouting the OP has inferority complex fpr indicating that igbo are superior which is an act that yoruba "do not do" yet this illiterate do not know that stating yourself as "most sophisticated, most educated, blah blah" is saying "superior".

The only difference between the OP and the entire yoruba clan wailing for the self-credited nonsense begin destroyed left and right is that OP brought out facts and yoruba just credited themselves that delusions with absolutely NOTHING to back them up in.

Equally loving how this thread also got the "WE SS" bot that invade every biafran thread to wail thus, justifying our suspicious of him begin an Afonja doing what his people are best known for, pretending to be what they are not on social media.

Applause on OP for the thread.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by salford: 4:08pm On Apr 08, 2017
This YonkijiSappo is a very wicked guy. See as e finish the yeye thread with facts. Some gullible ones would have easily swallowed the lies of the OP hook, line, sinker, fisherman and boat join, if not for YonkijiSappo that debunked the false claims...

Chai. Bros I hail O grin

6 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Ngokafor(f): 4:33pm On Apr 08, 2017
...This thread is not necessary at all angry

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Horus(m): 4:38pm On Apr 08, 2017
Why colonial master described Igbos As superior Negro

Let me give you a clue about the reasons, but first ask yourself the following question: Why french colonial master described Tutsis as superior Negro in Rwanda? . Have you ever wonder why in all the documentations of the colonial missionaries in Rwanda, the Tutsis were usually addresses with adjectives like " the great Tutsis ", "Superior race", "the super Negros"? The result of this "divide and rule" strategy fueled an inter tribal rivalry that resulted into a genocide in 1994. Dont fall into the trap of the colonial master, the old British tactic of "divide and rule". The colonial master often used missionaries first to divide you in mind

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by BudeYahooCom: 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2017
Horus:

Let me give you a clue about the reasons, but first ask yourself the following question: Why french colonial master described Tutsis as superior Negro in Rwanda? . Have you ever wonder why in all the documentations of the colonial missionaries in Rwanda, the Tutsis were usually addresses with adjectives like " the great Tutsis ", "Superior race", "the super Negros"? The result of this "divide and rule" strategy fueled an inter tribal rivalry that resulted into a genocide in 1994. Dont fall into the trap of the colonial master, the old British tactic of "divide and rule". The colonial master often used missionaries first to divide you in mind

The funny thing about some morons here claiming that the British colonial master is bad because a White man hailed the Igbos for being more progressive and intelligent pre-colonially is that you are also the ones fighting against Biafra to defend the same evil British creation Nigeria. A mere geographical expression (according to Awolowo) created by the British to serve at the pleasure of the Queen.

You guys are Janus-faced hypocrites, how do you guys (anti-Biafrans) sleep well at night after approbating and reprobating without principles because it suits you?

You want Nigeria- A British creation yet tell us to not to listen to the colonialist, why this blatant self-deceit?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 08, 2017
philchudi:

Sorry, but if one is inferior, I think its you. Cus this is just a historical evidence to support d present realities.
If it's not inferiority complex, do you have to be Jew or German to be great

2 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 08, 2017
xharder:
Now my challenge to all people who like to deride igbo greatness out of envy to list out from historical documentations where they have been acknowledged to to have done the extra ordinary, or they have been praised by a neutral party(white man) as been great,superior or what so ever.

Abeg this your comment get k leg ooo. Please read again and modify

If you are here claiming Igbo superiority, it would interest you to know that Hitler considered his own as superior races too. You see any parallel here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Biafracom(m): 8:47pm On Apr 08, 2017
philchudi:

Bros, there is no fact to be dogged abeg.
My biafran broda, pls what is DOGGED? #dig#dug
Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by aribisala0(m): 9:26pm On Apr 08, 2017
We are ever ready to smack Igbo heads into shape for boxing and packaging. After starting this stupid thread the have lun away. Why LUN. Ehn? Nwa geisha and Nwa Ovaltine wey una?

3 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 08, 2017
The Yorubas will always be the tribe that will want to refute this historical document. Was it an Igboman that wrote the document? Na, but indi'afonja, afor'jo will always want to dick-measure cheesy cheesy cheesy. Nevertheless, the thread self na wan mumu thread that is not necessary at this point in time.
There are several important things to discuss than this garbage.

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by coolscott(m): 9:52pm On Apr 08, 2017
Igbos, the only ethnic group that suffers from a mordern day need for ethnic endorsement in order to feel okay with who they are ethnically

~ South-south boy

aribisala0
folarinmiles
salford

4 Likes

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by aribisala0(m): 9:53pm On Apr 08, 2017
Yes let us talk about the missing fathers of NwaSugar and NwaSardine
These unfortunates whose aboki fathers abandoned them to a Flat tie life

1 Like

Re: Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros by salford: 10:07pm On Apr 08, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

Abeg this your comment get k leg ooo. Please read again and modify

If you are here claiming Igbo superiority, it would interest you to know that Hitler considered his own as superior races too. You see any parallel here?
Its not even about that. The ibos were the most savage tribe in nigeria when the colonial masters from britain arrived the coast of the present day Nigeria. The hausas, yorubas and benins already had flourishing walled kingdoms with soldiers and calvaries. Whereas the ibos were still practicing canibalism and running around the bush naked like hunter gatherers...grin

I have several screenshot of books and pictures to back up my claim, but this thread never hot reach that level. YonkijiSappo has already done a good job in thrashing all the lies the op posted.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

2019: ‘not Too Young To Run’ Condemns Saraki’s Declaration, Dissociates Self / Reps Pass Bill Proscribing Plastic Bags, Set Fine For Offenders / Deji Adeyanju Appeals To Nnamdi Kanu's Supporters To Flood High Court On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.