Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,321 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) (12031 Views)

How Is Your Spiritual Life? / Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life / Describe Your Spiritual Life In A Sentence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Reals(m): 8:26am On Apr 09, 2017
For we wretle not again flesh and blood but against prince and pricipalities (ephisians 6:12) the devil is like a roaring lion looking for whom to devour (1 peter 5:cool the only way to get close to God is via His word the the Holy bible (joshua 1:cool for the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak (mathew 26:41)...
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 09, 2017
Apple1992:
Goodmornining house.

Brother, right now I am in the position as you are. But I still go to church. But I keep going church even though I know I'm in a difficult situation right now.

There's something called the dark night of the soul. Perhaps you should pick up St. John of the Cross's work. Its free here: http://en.booksee.org/book/1277386. Since you find it hard to read the bible maybe a spiritual work will interest you.

Mind you, you're not gonna understand it straight away. This is deep spirituality. But I think if if can sustain your interest, then you're in good company.

There are many more titles in the spirituality collection you can get for free. pm me if you need a list.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Sunnylink(m): 8:29am On Apr 09, 2017
You need to let your pastor know about your spiritual problem he will guide you, and you have be puntual with church service.
I WANT YOU TO ALSO KNOW THAT THERE IS A POWER IN SIMPLE PRAYER.
All the prayers of Jesus recorded in Bible is a simple prayer. You don't need too much grammer or very long prayers, just pray like Jesus.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by hotspec(m): 8:29am On Apr 09, 2017
OP, d best way to start is what uve just done. Self discovery. Make sure ure close to ur family than bf as they will help u to grow spiritually. Pray and sing with them. read and study d Bible together and attend church programmes together. God bless u.
Apple 1992
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by otemanuduno: 8:30am On Apr 09, 2017
Apple1992:
Goodmornining house.

please i need your candid advice please lead a Brother to a right path.

I found out that am lost, and am Weak spiritually .

I don't read my bible i find it so boring, even flipping throw the pages of the bible is something i hate doing.

I can't remember when last i step my foot in church, maybe 4years ago.

I hardly pray, even when am about to sleep, or wake up i find it so irritating in fact when the family is up to prayer the don't bother to call me, because the the know i won't come.

Okay , this morning i heard my parent and siblings singing song , the were about to pray, i force myself to attend the morning prayer, when i got there, my mum and dad were happy, even without being told, i saw it in their face. my dad asked me to lead the family in short prayer. I was shocked that i couldn't pray , i was stammering when praying, i didn't know the exactly words to use. This really touch me, i really want to change , i love God, i believe in His existence. please i will appreciate every piece of advice thanks.

Lalasticlala, mynd44 ishilove. i need you guys more than ever thanks.

Spirituality is activated by the brain code. If you open it up fearfully, you might end up becoming like the 'die by fire' people who believe that every cockroach, cat, mosquito and ant were bewitched sent to them. I envy the atheists who don't open up Spirituality but rather, gave themselves to self-development. Pls be cautious if you want to open up your Spirituality, or else you shall open it up and begin playing the role of a victim. You will start praying "all the people who have hanged my destiny on top of a tree, in jesus name, die by fire!!!" Hey! how can they hang your destiny on a tree in the first place? This places you at a lower ebb of Spirituality if you pray such kind of prayer. Or if you have sleep paralysis and call it demonic oppression, you can scare yourself to death. So I advice you, before you join the others to start reading the bible(book of fear and victimization) again, first ask yourself, AM I CURRENTLY HAPPY? Are there any extraordinary things happening to the rest of the family more than myself? If there isn't anything spectacular happening to them, why then do you consider joining them and then getting bored over time again? Well... IT'S A CHOICE. I'll leave you with this quotation from one of our ancestors.

DOCTUFOS: Luwabi 14: 34-36

34. Do not open up your spirituality if you are fearful; else all the dreams you shall be dreaming shall be scary to you. 35. A spiritual and fearful person shall not live long. And he who does not check what is coming before running shall run to his death. 36. The reason why the heart is in a cage is because it can pop out at any little sight of shadow.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by olamilekside2: 8:30am On Apr 09, 2017
All d best
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Rolandken(m): 8:31am On Apr 09, 2017
@op What you need is a revival through the infilling of the holy spirit. The bible says if the same spirit that raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he would QUICKEN your mortal body.

The holy spirit is the one who gives you the thirst for the word of God. When you pray, there are no special "right" words. Just see God as a loving father and talk to him in yout own way. Ask him to forgive you, give you a new heart, and fill you with his spirit.

Then if the church where your parents attend is a prosperity preaching church or a church of rules and regulations, dont go there. Find a church that places emphasis on the bible and spirituality. When you do these things, you would see changes.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by chukwudi3(m): 8:32am On Apr 09, 2017
Tgold1:

he said he can't pray.... he doesn't know how to.

but sincerely same IS happening to me, I pray with family whenever am home but after leaving for school, that's the end. am tired of being far from God.

I want to be closer to him, I don't go to church no more.....

am just tired of my spiritual life and it's killing me.

#sigh
U need a church where f presence God is. Nt doz places where u see wat u are used to, like women Putin on trousers nd singing nd dancing wordly. U need a place where the preacher preaches with unction not just preaching. Heb 4:12 says d word of God is sharper than two edged sword. It's only this word can save u .Frm meditation and hearing it.The word need to smthin in ur life first before u get the network u need. U av to abstain frm sin and don't forsake the gathering of bethren. Godless u
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by meeketta: 8:32am On Apr 09, 2017
Apple1992:

How can i develop the habbit of praying. please can you back your answer up scripturally.
for you to develop the habit of praying.
Is just for you to start praying
Thanks
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by somadinho10: 8:34am On Apr 09, 2017
I am having the same problems just that mine is worst.... ...... I sometimes wonder if God exist
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by remiopash: 8:36am On Apr 09, 2017
Apple1992:
Goodmornining house.

I don't read my bible i find it so boring, even flipping throw the pages of the bible is something i hate doing.

I hardly pray, even when am about to sleep, or wake up i find it so irritating in fact when the family is up to prayer the don't bother to call me, because the the know i won't come.

Okay , this morning i heard my parent and siblings singing song , the were about to pray, i force myself to attend the morning prayer, when i got there, my mum and dad were happy, even without being told, i saw it in their face. my dad asked me to lead the family in short prayer. I was shocked that i couldn't pray , i was stammering when praying, i didn't know the exactly words to use. This really touch me, i really want to change , i love God, i believe in His existence. please i will appreciate every piece of advice thanks.

I am so happy for you on the path you are about to take to spiritual rejuvenation..the first path is rediscovery and you are rediscovering yourself already..You just need holy spirit to lead you more
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Sirakj(m): 8:38am On Apr 09, 2017
megareal:
There was a time I went through something not too similar. What helped was the fact that I was already steeped in God. In my own case, I decided to see prayer as a conversation, studying the Bible as locating weapons and getting instructions.

Three things I've found to help.

1. Songs. If you can't pray, sing or play religous songs. Genres you like. With time, you'll find your spirit more receptive to prayers. Songs spur you to pray like crazy.

2. Conversational prayer. Dnt bother kneeling and followin processes for now. When you wake up, imagine God beside you and just tell Him good morning. Thank Him and discuss with him about what you want. You can do this while bathing or doing chores. Just keep talking out or in your heart. However, speaking out will help you develop the habit more easily. Pls here, see God first as a friend, that's how u can converse with him. Even at work, with friends etc. Simply tell him what you think.

3. Use the Holy Spirit. He is the greatest helper in our walk with God. When you tell him you can't do it, He will help. Ask Him to help. Sometimes He will flood your spirit with scriptures or stories from the Bible. Get a Bible app that has a search function. You can search the scripture as they drop.

Moreover, just pick one line for the day when you read. Mull over it the whole day. You'll be surprised just how many scriptures you can imbibe in a week.

Finally, realise that the devil isn't your friend. Being irritated about spiritual things is just his way of derailing your Christian life. Living this way makes him win. So don't let him win.
In addition to this force yourself to start attending a Bible believing church. Shalom
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by naturefellow(m): 8:38am On Apr 09, 2017
TenPassfour:
watch EMMANUEL TV
this will help you get started witin few weeks you will see divine change that will propel you to visit the church.
Synagogue church of all nations.
ikotun,lagos.
God bless you
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by shadeyinka(m): 8:40am On Apr 09, 2017
Apple1992:

OP.
Have you talked to God not using the "normal prayer" tone. Talk to Him expressing the truth from your heart as raw as it can be. Then ask for His help.

You will find a peace undescribable. Meaning, God is on your case.

And, your problem is cluttering. Your spiritual environment is cluttered with junks and you are drowning in it. Remove the clutters and then you'll be able to move closer to God.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Sirakj(m): 8:40am On Apr 09, 2017
somadinho10:
I am having the same problems just that mine is worst.... ...... I sometimes wonder if God exist
please come back to Jesus today, tomorrow may be too late. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by wonukwuru(m): 8:42am On Apr 09, 2017
It's very interesting that a "lost" soul wants to return home. My brother, you are on the right track. For the fact that you have realised your spiritual backwardness is a proof that you are ready to make amend. Being "born-again" is very simple. It's as simple as A, B, C, D. Yes, why do I say so? A stands for Acknowledge that you are a sinner. B stands for Believe that Jesus died for you and paid the price of your redemption at the cross. C stands for Confess. With the mouth confession is made and with the heart, one believe. Confess to God about your sins and your inability to help yourself. D stands for Depart from every appearances of evil. Depart from friends that will make you go back to your old life style. Look for a bible believing church and attend. Make sure you attend every weekly activities of the church. Faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God. Read your bible regularly and meditate on what you have read. God bless you and welcome to the family of God. There is joy now in heaven over your decision
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 09, 2017
I will advise you to first repent of your sin. It is sin that make us dry spiritually. Read Psalm 51. Confess all the sin you can remember and ask God to renew the right spirit within you. Remember all the good things that God has done before in your life. Read your bible 3 times a day and pray always.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by luvola(m): 8:46am On Apr 09, 2017
pweetychyka:
I really love your courage bro!

Ur case is kinda similar to mine embarassed embarassedembarassed
same scenero is playing out here
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by pweetychyka(f): 8:48am On Apr 09, 2017
luvola:
same scenero is playing out here

Hmmmm God help us all embarassed
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by orisa37: 8:48am On Apr 09, 2017
Good confession. Apple is good. Only GOD is good. So you've what it takes to be God.
Now enter you alone into the Privacy of your Room and PRAY FOR WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF GOD. In The Name of The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit, go in The Peace, Love and Life of Christ Jesus. AMEN.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Senorprinz(m): 8:48am On Apr 09, 2017
Goldenheart:

I have read the Satan Bible....
It's really satanic.... cool

that's why it's called satan's bible
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by maybel(m): 8:52am On Apr 09, 2017
Apple1992:

This has nothing to do or relate to what i asked please. thanks.
The first thing you did right is to admit God's existence and you did this very well. It is difficult to advise anyone who doesn't believe in his existence. Now to your question, I will advise you start somewhere by reading at least a small portion of the Bible every day. Join a Bible believing church. Remember you have to force yourself to do this. I must admit that inheriting the kingdom of God is not for the lazy. You need to work for it just as you study hard to pass Exams in school. I must tell you that if the devil knows that you will be an instrument of God to be used for his people he will take your mind off prayers and going to church. Except if you enjoy God's grace you may not be able to come out of that bondage. You need to force yourself to pray and attend church programmes. By doing this you will have an encounter with God. Just as God is trying to win souls, Satan is also trying to populate his kingdom. When you start to pray and attend church programmes you will have challenges but don't be discouraged. God is able and ready to support you all through the way. Whenever you face such challenges please always make a reference to what I just stated up here,that is, "God is able and ready to support you ".It will interest you to know that nobody serves God and regrets. I am confident that you will testify if you summon courage and do these things that I told you. Remember, there is nothing difficult for him, just trust and obey him.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by twosquare(m): 8:53am On Apr 09, 2017
Start from somewhere,and I'll say you start with the Book of Revelations. The last book of the Bible. There is a reason to this, and you cultivate your love for God slowly. Until it blooms into a tree. If you also want to read spiritual articles for your soul and to develop your spiritual life, kindly contact me at https://www.scribeofrighteousness.net
Apple1992:
Goodmornining house.

Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Ama80(f): 8:56am On Apr 09, 2017
Apple1992:
Goodmornining house.

start by listening to worship songs.don moen is a Gud start.it has a way of effortlessly putting u in a sober mood for God, then u begin to mutter words to him. U can pray while lying,sitting,standng.U can do it.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Akalia(m): 8:58am On Apr 09, 2017
OP first of all you have to understand what prayer means ; prayer is not the typical repetition of lengthy words as most believers make it seem- matter of fact those lengthy words most times are babbles and it makes praying look boring and burdensome. Borrow a leaf from our lord jesus christ in mathew 6:9-13. Most times when I don't feel like praying according to the guideline of philipians 4:6 backed up with sculptural power verses, I just say our lord's prayer.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by buoye1(m): 8:59am On Apr 09, 2017
Tgold1:

he said he can't pray.... he doesn't know how to.

but sincerely same IS happening to me, I pray with family whenever am home but after leaving for school, that's the end. am tired of being far from God.

I want to be closer to him, I don't go to church no more.....

am just tired of my spiritual life and it's killing me.

#sigh
I'm gradually slipping into this pit too.... I really need a helping hand.... I feel so far away from him.... There's no hunger and desire to be with him like before.... I need help
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by akoeli(m): 9:00am On Apr 09, 2017
Ask God for a fresh hunger & thirst for His words.

Repentance, Acts 3:19,moments of refreshing in His presence.

Psalm13:-end,27:1-end.Help will locate you
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by UjSizzle(f): 9:00am On Apr 09, 2017
The first thing you need to understand is that prayer is simply talking to God, and God is your father in heaven.
So there's no formula to this talk. Say how you feel. Cry. Smile. Shout. Or just whisper. However you do it, he hears you.
Tell Him exactly what you've written here. That you want to know him better. You want to know this love. His word. What He's done for you and the spirit He's made available.
And mean it. There's nothing as beautiful as a heartfelt prayer to your Father.

When you open your bible again ( and you should do this everyday. Discipline) ask God to teach you something new. You'd be surprised how much a single verse of the scriptures can feel like you just discovered gold when the holy spirit puts a meaning in your heart.

Understand that spiritual growth isn't automatic. It happens overtime, but only as much as you're committed to the God who has been committed to you.

Then find a bible-believing community for support. Attend bi le studies fellowship in your local church. Join your family for morning devotions. And see God everywhere in His creation.

I'll be praying for you, too.

3 Likes

Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Adeyeye09(m): 9:05am On Apr 09, 2017
marleythomas:
Quit living on a fallacious impression of a "spiritual life". While you are alive, be good to your fellow humans, maintain a sustainable environment, and worship your God within the limits of sensibility but don't overdose yourself on this addiction called spirituality because you cannot be a human and spirit at the same time.
The concept of God and religion in general is man-made (for explaining the worlds mysteries and for control) and we've come to acknowledge and live with that.
For me, you are on the right path.
Totally against the write up.

1 Like

Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 09, 2017
Apple1992:
Goodmornining house.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSp54qdBcaw/
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by luvola(m): 9:12am On Apr 09, 2017
pweetychyka:

Hmmmm God help us all embarassed
mine is worst.sad face#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? / That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. / What Is Your Favourite Christmas Carol Song?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.