Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) (12037 Views)

How Is Your Spiritual Life? / Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life / Describe Your Spiritual Life In A Sentence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by joinnow: 4:08pm On Apr 09, 2017
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by piagetskinner(m): 4:26pm On Apr 09, 2017
Apple1992:
Goodmornining house.

please i need your candid advice please lead a Brother to a right path.

I found out that am lost, and am Weak spiritually .

I don't read my bible i find it so boring, even flipping throw the pages of the bible is something i hate doing.

I can't remember when last i step my foot in church, maybe 4years ago.

I hardly pray, even when am about to sleep, or wake up i find it so irritating in fact when the family is up to prayer the don't bother to call me, because the the know i won't come.

Okay , this morning i heard my parent and siblings singing song , the were about to pray, i force myself to attend the morning prayer, when i got there, my mum and dad were happy, even without being told, i saw it in their face. my dad asked me to lead the family in short prayer. I was shocked that i couldn't pray , i was stammering when praying, i didn't know the exactly words to use. This really touch me, i really want to change , i love God, i believe in His existence. please i will appreciate every piece of advice thanks.

Lalasticlala, mynd44 ishilove. i need you guys more than ever thanks.

first u must ask urself if u believe in God and his son Jesus Christ. because for someone who doesn't feel like praying means he's somewhat unsure about the position of the trinity.

I'd like that u start following ur parents to church and enroll in a discipleship class, also participate in morning devotions.u can even start having ur personal devotion. there are so many online. I'll recommend this devotional. click on the link.
https://vision.org.au/the-word-for-today/

this would help build ur spirit man..the devil doesn't want u to enjoy fellowship with God,and so paints it as a boring activity.but in reality God really wants you to have fellowship with him because he loves you so much.
john 8:31-32 says
"To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching,you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
also u must yearn to live a righteous life and do away with sin. just like the book of Hebrews 12 vs 1-3 says.
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

this might look like a lengthy read.,but it will be of some help

God bless u Bro.. u can chat me further if u have any questions
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Lavenda26: 4:44pm On Apr 09, 2017
I can help you with free bible study chats, send me a mail @ jspt57@gmail.com if you are interested.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by guyla: 5:04pm On Apr 09, 2017
Apple1992:
Goodmornining house.

I don't read my bible i find it so boring, even flipping throw the pages of the bible is something i hate doing.

I hardly pray, even when am about to sleep, or wake up i find it so irritating in fact when the family is up to prayer the don't bother to call me, because the the know i won't come.

Okay , this morning i heard my parent and siblings singing song , the were about to pray, i force myself to attend the morning prayer, when i got there, my mum and dad were happy, even without being told, i saw it in their face. my dad asked me to lead the family in short prayer. I was shocked that i couldn't pray , i was stammering when praying, i didn't know the exactly words to use. This really touch me, i really want to change , i love God, i believe in His existence. please i will appreciate every piece of advice thanks.

It's very simple, just kneel in your own privacy and say, Oh Lord help me I want to serve you,
He who searches the heart has seen your heart and he will help you
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Kay25(m): 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2017
Good one bro you are not lost when you still have the thirst for the right thing,and the things of the spirit all you need do is to be more attentive unto God than before go back to those things you do that enables ur spiritual life and above it take the word of God as a food daily thats when your inner man can be refreshed.know this God's love is eternal just keep walking in it and enloy liberty of the spirit
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by akinademayowa(m): 7:06pm On Apr 09, 2017
Well, there's no need of writing too much here. It's a simple matter. First, you need to be born again. That's the beginning. How do you get born again? You do that with your mouth and your heart.
Romans 10:8-11
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in THY MOUTH, and in THY HEART: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt CONFESS WITH THY MOUTH the Lord Jesus, and shalt BELIEVE IN THY HEART that God hath raised him from the dead, THOU SHALL BE SAVED.
10 For with the HEART man BELIEVETH unto righteousness; and with the MOUTH CONFESSION is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

How do you get born again? Confess(that's say it out, not the confession of your sins but confession of Jesus being The Lord) AND Believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord, God having raised him up from the death for your salvation, that's all you need to be saved. Even wherever you are now, if you do that, you are saved.

Second is, you need to get yourself among believers. Truth is, you can't live the Christian life in isolation, that's not God's way of building up. Even you can't study the Bible alone, you still need to be under pastors and leaders to explain Scriptures to you and help you to live it out practically. Get a church to be going, and be active there.
If you need further help I can be available. God bless you.
whatsapp/call : 08187669462
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Vello(m): 7:38pm On Apr 09, 2017
Apple1992:
Goodmornining house.

I can help of you're in Ibadan or Lagos, Akure or Oogun state
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by sonofthunder: 8:12pm On Apr 09, 2017
Apple1992:
Goodmornining house.

firstly you need to take things easy ... seems you need a revival... I will recommend you get the book titled 'Power, Passion and Prayer'. it will really help out.
I can't remember the author's name but if you can't get the book quote me so I'll help out with the right author... stay blessed.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by musicwriter(m): 9:27pm On Apr 09, 2017
Apple1992:
Goodmornining house.

First of all, God has nothing to do with your bible, church, Jesus. Otherwise, are you saying Muslims can't be spiritual also? Are you saying Budhists can't be spriritual? Are you saying its only Christians that can be spiritual?

God has nothing to do with religion!!.

I can assure you I' am one of the most spiritual person on earth, and its over 20 years I stepped into a church. Of course, I still have and read the bible which is mostly a history book. There's nothing spiritual about the bible or anything for that matter, unless you make it so. Anything can become spiritual, if you make it so!. Example; the bible is not spiritual to those who don't believe it. Just as koran may not be spiritual to you. In fact, a Christian zealot may consider the koran an evil book, just as a muslim can go to toilet with the bible. You see?

Jesus was not a religious person either. Jesus was against religion and even cursed religious people calling them hypocrites. The bible itself is littered with passages where Jesus himself was cursing church goers and church leaders calling them hypocrites.

Matthew 23:27King James Version (KJV)
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Mathew 23:13
But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Mathew 23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

Matthew 23:25 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Mathew 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Mathew 23:16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!

Mathew 23: 17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?

As you can see above, Jesus was cursing scribes and pharises (church leaders and church goes) because he was spiritual person, and he was against religion!. Jesus was never a religious person, he hated religion and religious people!!. This is why they ganged up to kill him. It was religious people that killed Jesus!

Of course, everybody deny Jesus was not talking to them in the above passages, but accept Jesus was talking to them in other passages of the bible. So, their hypocrisy which continues till this day means they can pick and choose where Jesus was talking to them and where he wasn't talking to them.

You will never understand God, unless you first drop your religion and stop seeing God from the perspectives of religion. Because, by being religious as your question suggests, you'll not be able to love muslims, Hinduists, Buddhists, e.t.c equally since you believe your religion is the only way to be spiritual and to know God. It may be hard for you to understand though due to your predisposed religious views, but being spiritual has nothing to do with religion. To me, being spiritual is similar to what Albert Einstein said below when answering questions about whether he believed in God. I'll state his actual words and try to explain them to you below.

Do you believe in God?
He replied “I am a deeply religious nonbeliever.… This is a somewhat new kind of religion.”.......... Albert Einstein, in a letter to Hans Muehsam, March 30, 1954.

By this, he meant he's a spiritual person, not a religious person. What he's saying here is you can categorize me under another type of religion (new religion) that doesn't include your type of God.

Do you believe in God?
Again, he replied “I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being.”............ Albert Einstein, to Guy H. Raner Jr., September 28, 1949.

By this, he meant that while he don't believe in the God of religion, but that he is not an atheist. He acknowledged that we humans don't know it all.

Of course, he also believed the most important task for humanity is to achieve a society with individuals of high moral standard. He echoed this when he answered another related question saying “The most important human endeavor is the striving for morality in our actions. Our inner balance and even our very existence depend on it. Only morality in our actions can give beauty and dignity to life. To make this a living force and bring it to clear consciousness is perhaps the foremost task of education. The foundation of morality should not be made dependent on myth nor tied to any authority lest doubt about the myth or about the legitimacy of the authority imperil the foundation of sound judgment and action.”........ Albert Einstein, letter to a minister November 20, 1950.

By this, he agrees indeed that humanity should strive to do what is right all the time. In his own words he considered it "the most important human endeavor".

1 Like

Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by oobinna: 9:45pm On Apr 09, 2017
I may not be in the best person to advise you on this but I think I have a little help. The first step to building your spiritual life is the one you just took. This feeling of emptiness is a right path. But then, you must acknowledge that you CANNOT HELP YOURSELF. You must trust God to help you. He sure, will give you strength to attend church activities, read your Bible and pray. 1john1:9
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by olahbc: 10:08pm On Apr 09, 2017
my own advise for you is that just constitute the habit of reading the bible everyday,find a way to read the whole bible before u finish reading you see that your spiritual life we turn out for good
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by GRACEGLORY: 2:03pm On Apr 10, 2017
Apple1992:

How can i develop the habbit of praying. please can you back your answer up scripturally.

1. Psalms 55:17 - Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud....

2. Daniel 6:10 Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward ...He went to his upstairs room. The windows of that room opened toward Jerusalem. Three times each day Daniel got down on his knees and prayed.

Developing the habit of prayer, is a personal thing... you can decide to pray seven times a day or more.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Tgold1(m): 4:45pm On Apr 10, 2017
dalass:
it's a sign of spiritual burn out. I pray for a refreshing in the Holy Ghost for you ijn!

amen ma'am
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Tgold1(m): 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2017
buoye1:
I'm gradually slipping into this pit too.... I really need a helping hand.... I feel so far away from him.... There's no hunger and desire to be with him like before.... I need help
you are not alone bro, God will see us through
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Tgold1(m): 4:48pm On Apr 10, 2017
chukwudi3:
U need a church where f presence God is. Nt doz places where u see wat u are used to, like women Putin on trousers nd singing nd dancing wordly. U need a place where the preacher preaches with unction not just preaching. Heb 4:12 says d word of God is sharper than two edged sword. It's only this word can save u .Frm meditation and hearing it.The word need to smthin in ur life first before u get the network u need. U av to abstain frm sin and don't forsake the gathering of bethren. Godless u

amen thanks
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Tgold1(m): 4:48pm On Apr 10, 2017
Jeezyy:

same thing I told the other guy, you won't get the answers you seek on nairaland, my advice is for you to go to any living church close by and lay your complaint to the pastor in charge, he'll be able to help.
thanks
OK thanks
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by daraj: 11:55pm On Apr 10, 2017
The first and most important thing to do is go for deliverance, every veil that is preventing you from seeing and experiencing the glorious Gospel of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ will be taken off, and your spirit man will be released.. It is only after that you will be able to grow spiritually.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by funnyfun: 7:31am On Apr 11, 2017
My bro., yield your spirit to the Spirit of God. He'll lead you back to God. Start your day with worship songs to God. Attend a Bible believing church regularly, both during the week and Sundays. You will gradually return to God. All the best.
Re: Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) by Romeo3(m): 7:05pm On Apr 21, 2017
LagosEconomist:

I should add that my previous post fully subscribes to this & assumes this has been done. Accepting Christ as saviour is the basis for becoming a Christian.
hello. my nl email doesn't work. Pls reply with an email add I can reach you on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Your Favourite Christmas Carol Song? / 2016 RCCG Holy Ghost Congress Dec 5-10th / Scientist Confirm That Hell Is Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.