Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,682 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? (32782 Views)

This Little Girl Got Married In Northern Nigeria (Unconfirmed) / Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Pharoh: 1:40pm On Dec 30, 2009
*Subscribing*
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Pennywise(m): 1:42pm On Dec 30, 2009
oluite:

25-28 is ok or before 31.For ladies.These days women tend to menopause pretty early.I recently heard a startling news of a 35 year old lady already in menopause.There are more important things to face in marriage than age,while it's gd for woman to marry early so they can plan their family early. Maturity is d key. Nobody wants baby husbands or baby wives.
No such thing. Challenges of parenthood make the mind mature
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by bidemi12(m): 1:53pm On Dec 30, 2009
@Topic   what are you trying to do? Dont you know you are scaring the KSG's ( ko si arugbo nghana's) in NL?  grin
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Aniody: 1:58pm On Dec 30, 2009
Marriage is not like the end of every ladies dream of climbing to where ever she want to climb , rather is the begining of your sucess in life so for me 25 - 28 for ladies and 26-30 for guys, is very good to marry early to avoid rushing to have the number of children you wish to have. i think from 30 is late for ladies because you will always want a family especially for we naija ladies forget abt this our sisters abroad, they like divorce cause they get something from it not like us in naija here.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by omooloye1(f): 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2009
25-28 for babes

28-32 for dudes
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by TheSly: 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2009
Only fools rush in where angels fear to tread.
Dont mind all these people gettin married at 16. . . . . .Bullshits!!
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by NineoSix: 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2009
Age ain't nothin but a number.

Get married when you feel ready to settle and get married. There is no perfect age to achieve or do anything in this life. It all boils down to maturity of mind, circumstances and timing.

Many people I know who married young are separated, divorced or just faking the marriage.

A clear sign that getting married too young can lead to disaster is the number of married men having affairs in this country, in fact married men are more available for relationships than single men.

So its up to you get married young and get ready for a lifetime of your man cheating on you.

Get married for the right reasons, age is irrelevant in this equation.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by TheSly: 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2009
NineoSix:

Get married when you feel ready to settle and get married. There is no perfect age to achieve or do anything in this life. It all boils down to maturity of mind, circumstances and timing.

Tell em brodie. . .
I wonder why any sane person would let age dictate his/her time of getting married instead of when he/she is absolutely ready.
Who cares though. . .Y'all can get married tomorrow. . . .Thats ur own P.

1 Like

Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Vavavoom(m): 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2009
Marry when u understand you are mature enough to bear the emotional, physical and material burdens that come with it. No be age thing, no be even for pikin sake aloneit is the sum total of attainable deliverables known and to be discovered as you progress in the union. So if at 18 you have this understanding, then why not; if it comes after 45 again y not? Each to his own.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by sayso: 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2009
whether you are 12,18,21,30,40,50years,once you are married the realities of marriage sets in,that means for guys providing for her,eating only one type of peppe soup for the rest of yalife,for the ladies it means going in labour room with yall legs wide open,nothing short of it.Take your time or rush into it,that awaits
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by kelao: 2:50pm On Dec 30, 2009
Ask yourselfs!

when did your parents get married?

are they divorced now?
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by harakiri(m): 3:01pm On Dec 30, 2009
Considering the harsh realities in the world especially in an un-progressive economy like Nigeria, it's best for you to strengthen yourself financial before you decide to get married.In my opinion, getting out of school and landing a good job is NOT security for marriage.If you doubt me, ask all the thousands of bankers who were recently sacked!

Bottom line is, get your paper right before taking her down that altar else. . .una go do soaky soaky tire.Even your pikin go slap you in your old age and ask you why you no hustle hard when you young.

I don tell you oooo!
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by redsky1: 3:06pm On Dec 30, 2009
kelao:

Ask yourselfs!

when did your parents get married?

are they divorced now?

i don't get the point ur making here - so you would like your own daughter to endure what our mothers endured. na wah o!

like i have said previously make sure u are secure financially cos if you have nothing a man will treat u as such and what will you do if you have nothing - no back up home no back up money.

2 Likes

Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 30, 2009
got married by accident when I was 30, my son is now 1 year plus and we are only getin beta for it. Its ok for one tobe married at d right age.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by harakiri(m): 3:16pm On Dec 30, 2009
NineoSix:

Many people I know who married young are separated, divorced or just faking the marriage.

A clear sign that getting married too young can lead to disaster is the number of married men having affairs in this country, in fact married men are more available for relationships than single men.

So its up to you get married young and get ready for a lifetime of your man cheating on you.

Thank you jare.Well said.I've been watching a lot of my buddies talking about how 2010 is their "marriage year".Almost everyone i know is getting married next year (including my baby sister. . .imagine grin).I wonder what's with 2010 and marriages sef. . .lol grin

On a more serious note, if you ask younger people why they want to get married, most of their responses is usually : I want to have my kids at a young age so that i will see them mature and marry when i'm old.

Imagine that! I've heard this same scripted line 100 times over.Well, me sef wan marry but i don tell madam to get patience first.Me no dey look any biological and chemical clock oooo! Or else, tomorrow when her mates husband buy BMW 7-series from coscharis, she go dey ask me "honey, na when you go upgrade from this honda na?Abi na like dis we go dey dey?"

Imagine.My hand no dey.

lol
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by lawrence83: 3:17pm On Dec 30, 2009
28 for guys
25 for ladies

But if u r not emotionally and phisically ready, jst back up, marriage ain't a mere fit
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by oluite(f): 3:18pm On Dec 30, 2009
No such thing. Challenges of parenthood make the mind mature
@pennywise i will say challenges of parenthood make the mind more mature.There has to be maturity before marriage.I av seen too many real life cases to agree with u cool
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Gifo(m): 3:22pm On Dec 30, 2009
Whether you marry early or late, you will still pass through the stages in marriage.

But its better you carryout periodic medical checks to ascertain the state of your fertility(that is if you intend to have your own biological kids). Fibroids and fertility difficulties are known to develop later in a womam's life, except in some cases. No doubt your doctor will advise you on that. But its wise 'cause it can save you a lot of stress later- may not be a stress now. Just a piece of advice.

Everything could also be fine. Its a free world and It's all Good!
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by otesy: 3:26pm On Dec 30, 2009
Age ain't nothing but a number!!!!
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by semid4lyfe(m): 3:27pm On Dec 30, 2009
Much ado about marriage! Person wey no marry at all nko grin grin
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Nautillus(m): 3:30pm On Dec 30, 2009
There is no age range for Marriage. . .Just do it whenever you are ready . . .why 22-32 yrs of age is seen as a good time to get settled into marriage life is b'cos of one's ability to REPRODUCE. . .thats all.
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by DOAweb(m): 3:31pm On Dec 30, 2009
grin grin

My younger bruva is 30 and getting married in the coming months. I have no probs with that, but the guy keeps begging me to marry as well. See me see wahala!!
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by harakiri(m): 3:31pm On Dec 30, 2009
Gifo:

Whether you marry early or late, you will still pass through the stages in marriage.

But its better you carryout periodic medical checks to ascertain the state of your fertility(that is if you intend to have your own biological kids). Fibroids and fertility difficulties are known to develop later in a womam's life, except in some cases. No doubt your doctor will advise you on that. But its wise 'cause it can save you a lot of stress later- may not be a stress now. Just a piece of advice.

Everything could also be fine. Its a free world and It's all Good!

Concerning fertility issues, my woman is 25 now (i'll be 30 in 3 months time).Is it "safe" if i chill for two more years while hustling before i get married?
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by soloqy: 3:42pm On Dec 30, 2009
25- 32 for Ladies

28-40 for Guys.

Lets face it, a lot of our Naija girls are not ready mentally for marriage at 25 and below. Even the ones that are 25 upwards, are still pretty immature in words and deeds. Its not boyfriend and girlfriend issues we are talking about here.Its a deeper level of life.

1 Like

Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by pecoprince: 3:44pm On Dec 30, 2009
to me i believe it not a race of time, just take ur time.
but no go try 40 oooo
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by yme1(f): 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2009
it all depends on we are as a human being
you get married when you know you are ready to face the challenges that are gonna come your way
25 is cool tho
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by asoderock(m): 4:00pm On Dec 30, 2009
Maturity is the key word especially for men.

I know in our culture having children is the most important reason for marriage. One of the biggest advantage
of late pregnancy is that the woman becomes mature and is better prepared for the process of childbirth and for rearing the child. Research has shown that older women have lesser inner conflicts and changes of moods during pregnancy than younger women. The great experience of life's travails makes the older woman more prepared for facing the problems and the biological changes that pregnancy involves in comparison a young woman who has not traveled for long on the road of life.

However nursing a baby at a latter age from around 29 and above increases cancer risk by up to 30% for women.
Fertility start to decline from late 20s in women and the risk of having a baby with genetic disorder like down syndrome increases above 30 in women.

For men Maturity and financial status is far more important than any other factor
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by kemisuga(f): 4:49pm On Dec 30, 2009
Get married, when it is God said time. smiley
Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by kech(f): 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2009
Ok let me ask this important question. WHY DOES ONE ACTUALLY GET MARRIED? From the talk of menopause and the likes, to the ones screaming about how late it is for a man/woman to marry, it's obvious most people on here think "born-ing" children is the main reason to get married. Shame. cry Anyway, for those who are in this situation and are worried. I'll tell you what my dad told me years ago. [b]"You're not in a race with anybody. Run your own race. It's not how soon, It's how well. Your prayer to God should be for Him to give you the right one for you at His own time. If for any reason you don't connect FULLY with someone, move on, DO NOT "manage" and DO NOT bow to pressure." [/b]These words served me well in the following years.

Everyone's destiny is different. Some people meet their "better halves" earlier in life while some do so later. Some people are impatient to wait for "the right one", while some are more courageous to hold on. Some people get married mainly to have kids at a young age, while some have more meaning to marriage and would adopt if need be.

So my dear poster, there is really no set date to get married by.

2 Likes

Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Princek12(m): 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2009
It just amazes me how some people like to rush to make a lifetime commitment. If you ponder about the intensity and the seriousness of marriage, in that you are stuck with your partner for the rest of your life, and you do intend to do so, you will not be creating a timetable for yourself. Bottom line, get married when you find the right person, someone you love and cherish, with the feeling reciprocated. And hey, for some people, it happens before 30; for others, it happens after 30; and for some people, it happens in their late 30s.

God blesses everyone at different periods in their lives, and God's time is the best. I would prefer to be single rather than being miserably married. It is not a joke to rush into a marriage (because you are "trying to marry before 30"wink to someone you do not love, and it is definitely not a joke to live with someone you don't like everyday.

5 Likes

Re: Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 30, 2009
Princek12:

It just amazes me how some people like to rush to make a lifetime commitment. If you ponder about the intensity and the seriousness of marriage, in that you are stuck with your partner for the rest of your life, and you do intend to do so, you will not be creating a timetable for yourself. Bottom line, get married when you find the right person, someone you love and cherish, with the feeling reciprocated. And hey, for some people, it happens before 30; for others, it happens after 30; and for some people, it happens in their late 30s.

God blesses everyone at different periods in their lives, and God's time is the best. I would prefer to be single rather than being miserably married. It is not a joke to rush into a marriage (because you are "trying to marry before 30"wink to someone you do not love, and it is definitely not a joke to live with someone you don't like everyday.
You just put the whole thing into perspective. kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Catherine Chinyere Edeh-Nnadi: I Married Deaf Man To Avoid Maltreatment, Gossip / Pregnant Sickle Cell Survivor Anne Welsh Celebrates At Her Baby Shower (photos) / He Said He Doesn't Feel That Connection Between Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.