Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Arguments Against Intelligent Design - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Arguments Against Intelligent Design (4514 Views)

Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion / Can NL Atheists Dare To Refute This Logical Evidence For Intelligent Design? / Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by felixomor: 7:34pm On Apr 11, 2017
adepeter26:

God will? Why future tense? There is uncertainty about the future. (moreover that incompetent god that does sleep like a drunkard? A god that couldn't locate Adam? Is that that god that will?)

BTW, why didn't he get rid of sin by using the flood? I guess the purpose of the Noah 's flood was as a result of god' s anger to wipe off sinners.

How did sin still persist? Or didn't the flood wipe all sinners?
Why didn't the flood wipe Lucifer?

Why "will"?

Go get better points joor

"Will" because He works in His time.
Not yours.
The way you talk never ceases to dissapoint.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Adepeter26, realmindz, randomperson you guys were there on that thread.
Felix you can lie for Africa. No atom of shame
I will repeat it on this thread again.
Two NL peeps I don't have long conversations with are;
1. Ju*nia
2. Dr Felix
Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 11, 2017
felixomor:

"Will" because He works in His time.
Not yours.
The way you talk never ceases to dissapoint.
Sharrap Bro.... Í purposely dó ignore quoting you cos you have nothing sensible to contribute. Ever since I went so low to explain the brain doesn't sleep but kept insisting it does, I stopped meaningful convo with you.

Back to ya comment.
On numerous occasion, your god has failed to eradicate sin.
In old testament, he used flood, e no work.
In New testament, he used Bros-Jay, e still no work.

Now he has decided to postpone it till future....

Buhahahahahahaha
Cc Hahn, hopefullandlord Una frnd dae hot seat
Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by felixomor: 8:08pm On Apr 11, 2017
adepeter26:

Sharrap Bro.... Í purposely dó ignore quoting you cos you have nothing sensible to contribute. Ever since I went so low to explain the brain doesn't sleep but kept insisting it does, I stopped meaningful convo with you.

Back to ya comment.
On numerous occasion, your god has failed to eradicate sin.
In old testament, he used flood, e no work.
In New testament, he used Bros-Jay, e still no work.

Now he has decided to postpone it till future....

Buhahahahahahaha
Cc Hahn, hopefullandlord Una frnd dae hot seat

Sharrap. You dont have to tell lies, to appear relevant.

Your problem is Sin in your life.
You dont even have business calling yourself atheist.
As u have shown here.
Jesus came for the salvation of mankind.
And that even requires your belief and confession...

Please cure your ignorance.
The Bible is free.
Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 11, 2017
felixomor:

As u have shown here.

The Bible is free.
I sense pain in most of ya responses to me on any Christian thread.

Like, see how person they use knowledge for IMAGINARY DEVIl instead to the glory of FAKE ASS MONSTER called god.

No vex, I'm an atheist, go Bleep ya pastor for all I care
Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by felixomor: 8:13pm On Apr 11, 2017
adepeter26:

I sense pain in ya responses to me. Like, see how person they use knowledge for IMAGINARY DEVIl instead to the glory of FAKE ASS MONSTER called god.

No vex, I'm an atheist, go Bleep ya pastor for all I care

Your mental breakdown is illustrated above....
Eiya Sorry grin
Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by CatfishBilly: 8:13pm On Apr 11, 2017
Felix, address the point raised in the post.
Don't derail, I beg you.
Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by luvmijeje(f): 8:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
Wikipedia as a source. It's alright.

The science community all over the world has largely debunked the idea of Intelligent Design based largely on the fact that they don't have a demonstrable hypothesis despite the fact that the leaders of Intelligent Design movement are scientists.

They can never have a demonstrable hypothesis. It's beyond their reason. It's beyond their capability. It's beyond their resources.

Funnily enough they can't prove otherwise because the answers is beyond them.

1 Like

Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by Amberon: 9:07pm On Apr 11, 2017
Can't counter something factless.
CatfishBilly:

Counter the points in the thread.
It's not a must to comment if you have nothing to say.
Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by CatfishBilly: 9:16pm On Apr 11, 2017
Amberon:
Can't counter something factless.
Opposition of Intelligentl design is factless?

1 Like

Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by hahn(m): 10:38pm On Apr 11, 2017
felixomor:

As u have shown here.

The Bible is free.

Blah blah blah

A real god does not need belief and confession to work'

Your god only needs more excuses for it's incompetence

mtchewwwwww

2 Likes

Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by felixomor: 10:39pm On Apr 11, 2017
hahn:

Blah blah blah

A real god does not need belief and confession to work'

Your god only needs more excuses for it's incompetence

mtchewwwwww

Hehehehe.....
Be crying grin
Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by hahn(m): 11:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
felixomor:

Hehehehe.....
Be crying grin

Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by oaroloye(m): 1:09am On Apr 12, 2017
INTELLIGENT DESIGN is attempt to appease "SCIENCE SO-CALLED."

We do not need to justify our God by Science.
Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by CatfishBilly: 5:45am On Apr 12, 2017
oaroloye:
INTELLIGENT DESIGN is attempt to appease "SCIENCE SO-CALLED."

We do not need to justify our God by Science.
Well, they failed woefully on that front, I tell ya.
Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by CatfishBilly: 9:47am On Apr 12, 2017
luvmijeje:
Wikipedia as a source. It's alright.

They can never have a demonstrable hypothesis. It's beyond their reason. It's beyond their capability. It's beyond their resources.
What do you have against Wikipedia as a source?
Can you write such comprehensive research article?
They don't have a hypothesis because they are like Yem-Kem tradomedical herbs. They are pseudoscience.

Funnily enough they can't prove otherwise because the answers is beyond them.
Now you're committing Argumentum ad ignorantiam.

1 Like

Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by akintom(m): 11:14am On Apr 12, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Very ignorant post. Only a simple human being devoid of any shred of understanding doesn't know that death and infirmities are the curses of sin.

As each day passes for you on NL, you keep regressing into infinite myths of primitive Jews, who worship the Idol called Yahweh.

Sin is a mental "disease" fabricated by Yahweh creators, just to control the minds of delusionists. The changing cure (sacrifices first, and later the magical nazarene), has also reinforced the illusions.

DoctorAlien, you must rope neck your Yahweh to come learn the fundamentals of intelligence from FSM. If it understands that, Yahweh may then progress to designs.
Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by akintom(m): 11:18am On Apr 12, 2017
adepeter26:
I will repeat it on this thread again. Two NL peeps I don't have long conversations with are; 1. Ju*nia 2. Dr Felix
You mean the medic who claimed that human brain sleeps?
He's one medic who gloats in working in mysterious ways.
Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by akintom(m): 11:25am On Apr 12, 2017
CatfishBilly:
It's becoming quite apparent that when Christians get cornered in their argument for a 7 day creation story, they switch to an Intelligent Design argument (Nature is so intelligently designed and fits so seamlessly, so, it has to be God).

But the argument is flawed and largely based on 2 things,
1) Argumentum ad ignorantiam: Argument from ignorance. We don't know, so, God.
2) God of the gaps: There is a gap in the demonstrable knowledge of science, therefore, God.

Proponents of Intelligent Design present their argument for a deistic God but further probing and investigation of the leaders of the Intelligent Design movement show that they are arguing for a Christian God which makes it no different from creationists.

The science community all over the world has largely debunked the idea of Intelligent Design based largely on the fact that they don't have a demonstrable hypothesis despite the fact that the leaders of Intelligent Design movement are scientists.
Infact, it has been classed as a Pseudoscience right in the group of allopathic and homeopathic medicine.

Proponents of Intelligent Design largely fail to explain obvious design flaws in their intelligent design.

So, by and large, Intelligent Design is a movement created by creationists when faced with the absurdities of a 7 day creation story.

You can read more on
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_design
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_poor_design

Intelligent debates and comments are welcome
Reading through most of the creation stories by different cultures of the world (including the Torah version), one word that describes them all is myths.

It's a mockery of the word intelligence or design, to equate the tales by moonlight of creationists to "intelligent design".

Ignorance and perplexity of the religionists, informed the idiocy of ascribing intelligent design to an imaginary gods.
Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by Niflheim(m): 12:45pm On Apr 12, 2017
@ilynem,

Come and see the people who claim that the world was created from nothing!!! They are not atheists!!!

Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by ilynem(m): 1:28pm On Apr 12, 2017
Niflheim:
@ilynem,

Come and see the people who claim that the world was created from nothing!!! They are not atheists!!!
ERM...we don't believe the world was created from nothing. We believe it was created from the word. And where did premodal cells come from?
Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by Amberon: 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2017
Mr, you are yet to make a point.
CatfishBilly:

Opposition of Intelligentl design is factless?
Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by CatfishBilly: 3:54pm On Apr 12, 2017
Amberon:
Mr, you are yet to make a point.
Did you read the original post at all or is it a Christianity thing to not read a topic and just start to attack it?
Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by lepasharon(f): 4:15pm On Apr 12, 2017
DoctorAlien:

The Vitamin C we don't synthesize, we get from things like tomato and citrus. That was why GOD gave Adam fruits to eat in Eden.

Everything abnormal and undesirable didn't exist in the perfect world GOD created. Leaves didn't decay. Everything was perfect. Sin came in, and brought death and decay.

GOD will still rid the earth of sin, sinners and the curses of sin.

Why don't animals need to do this? Their metabolism produces Vitamin C for them, but humans need to ingest Vit C. Thats not fair is it?
Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by DoctorAlien(m): 4:20pm On Apr 12, 2017
lepasharon:

Why don't animals need to do this? Their metabolism produces Vitamin C for them, but humans need to ingest Vit C. Thats not fair is it?

By whose standard is it not fair?
Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by lepasharon(f): 4:22pm On Apr 12, 2017
DoctorAlien:

By whose standard is it not fair?

Anyone who thinks critically
Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by DoctorAlien(m): 4:26pm On Apr 12, 2017
lepasharon:

Anyone who thinks critically

LOL. You wish your own preferences were the reality?

You are making no point. That man cannot synthesize Vit. C in no way disproves intelligent design.

1 Like

Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by lepasharon(f): 4:32pm On Apr 12, 2017
DoctorAlien:

You are making no point. That man cannot synthesize Vit. C in no way disproves intelligent design.

Ofcourse it does because a perfect biological system would not risk getting scurvy if it didn't ingest Vit C when it could easily synthesize that Vitamin like other animals do.
Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by DoctorAlien(m): 4:36pm On Apr 12, 2017
lepasharon:

Ofcourse it does because a perfect biological system would not risk getting scurvy if it didn't ingest Vit C when it could easily synthesize that Vitamin like other animals do.

What a lazy and uninformed opinion. Animals convert glucose into ascorbic acid(Vit. C). So, if the animal doesn't ingest Carbohydrate-containing foods, there'd be no glucose for it to employ in synthesizing Vit. C. The animal ultimately "ingests" Vit. C.

Therefore, you have no point. GOD in His wisdom provided food. We ingest all we need when we eat.

1 Like

Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by CatfishBilly: 4:38pm On Apr 12, 2017
DoctorAlien:

You still haven't answered the telomeres and failed gene repair and ectopic and abdominal pregnancies in this your Intelligent design.

1 Like

Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by Bahddo(m): 4:44pm On Apr 12, 2017
Belief in the Big Bang and Evolution requires as much faith as belief in Creation. Proponents of the former are simply trying hard to appear smarter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arguments Against Intelligent Design by DoctorAlien(m): 4:45pm On Apr 12, 2017
CatfishBilly:

You still haven't answered the telomeres and failed gene repair and ectopic and abdominal pregnancies in this your Intelligent design.

I don't have the strength to repeat the same thing over and over again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Various Ways The Bible Defines Faith / Some Basic Truths And Facts That Catholics Must Know / Nigeria's Songs Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.