Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,224 members, 7,867,579 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:53 PM

UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS (45578 Views)

Pharmacist Dies During Romp With Lagos Sex Worker In Brothel / Benue University Student Dies After Marathon Sex With Girlfriend. Photo / Teenage Couple Share Deep Kiss & Romance, Boyfriend Shares It On Facebook (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by pokipoki: 3:52pm On Apr 15, 2017
Sunnynwa:

This is not true. Students on a course longer than 6 months are entitled to NHS services free at the point of care. However, they've recently in the last couple of years introduced the NHS surcharge where students and other temporary resident permit holders pay £200 per year at the point of visa application.
The surcharge covers for emergency and consultation. You pay for your drugs.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by Sunnynwa: 4:37pm On Apr 15, 2017
pokipoki:

The surcharge covers for emergency and consultation. You pay for your drugs.

Not true. You only pay the £8.60 prescription cost which every other person pays.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by ProsperUSA: 5:21pm On Apr 15, 2017
surgery for naija!
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by ProsperUSA: 5:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
modelsms:

But why would she fly to Naija from the UK?
That's my question too.
Die of infection and blood clot from surgery.
Naija I hail una.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by pokipoki: 6:04pm On Apr 15, 2017
Sunnynwa:

Not true. You only pay the £8.60 prescription cost which every other person pays.
Citizens don't pay for their drugs, it's free for them.
So if one pays £8.60.for drugs. It's not free then. This buttresses my claim that the surcharge is for consultation and maybe emergency.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 15, 2017
I don't understand, she lives in Birmingham UK but travelled to nigeria for operation? were is better with medical treatment or operations the UK or nigeria? even president buhari knows that that's why he always travels to UK for treatments why did she not go to Birmingham hospital? It's saddens and angers me. a very healthy and fine looking young woman is now dead. angry
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by Pchizy: 6:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
For those questioning her heavenly affair.,

..speaking from the reason for the season....
No matter how sinful or dirty one had engaged in... God is still merciful... provided the person renewed his/her life b4 death,,, even at the point of death.
Consider the Cross... Criminals not worthy of heaven, yet was opportune ...
Check out her say b4 death, "I'm at peace. I know where I'm going if I don't come out, I'll be with Jesus".

You can never comprehend if God honours that say or not... It's not on us to judge.
Yet, it's not an excuse to remain sinning,, cos we may not have that life then, to retrace our steps to Christ.. So the best is to live a life of Christ now or confess out sin now as if no cross again. All will answer that call one day...
The reason for the Cross :
Consider below:
Luke 23:39

39 AMP: One of the criminals who was suspended kept up a railing at Him, saying, Are You not the Christ (the Messiah)? Rescue Yourself and us [from death]!

40 But the other one reproved him, saying, Do you not even fear God, seeing you yourself are under the same sentence of condemnation and suffering the same penalty?

41 And we indeed suffer it justly, receiving the due reward of our actions; but this Man has done nothing out of the way [nothing strange or eccentric or perverse or unreasonable].

42 Then he said to Jesus, Lord, remember me when You come in Your kingly glory!

43 And He answered him, Truly I tell you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by Sunnynwa: 6:20pm On Apr 15, 2017
pokipoki:

So if one pays £8.60.for drugs. It's not free then. This buttresses my claim that the surcharge is for consultation and maybe emergency.

Dude everyone pays for NHS prescription except you are on admission in hospital. If the GP prescribes a medication for you and you go to pick it up at the pharmacy, you pay £8.60 per item except for a few who are exempted like children and those on benefits.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by pokipoki: 6:54pm On Apr 15, 2017
Sunnynwa:

Dude everyone pays for NHS prescription except you are on admission in hospital. If the GP prescribes a medication for you and you go to pick it up at the pharmacy, you pay £8.60 per item except for a few who are exempted like children and those on benefits.
Ok. So tell me what is free about the medicals in UK for Nigerian student? When you pay for drugs?
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by justwise(m): 7:03pm On Apr 15, 2017
pokipoki:

Again that is not true, citizens pay unless you are on benefit.

That £8.60 is a standard charge no matter how many drugs on the prescription list given to you by your GP.

It was introduced to cut down on wastage as many people don't bother using the drug.

NHS is free, pharmacies charges that £8.60 for drug prescription
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by drmuri(m): 7:21pm On Apr 15, 2017
Destined2win:
This is not good. Appendicitis surgeries is one of the commonest surgeries na
read the full story na. the appendix was ruptured. peritonitis had already set in even before surgery
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by melodythatsme: 7:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
modelsms:

But why would she fly to Naija from the UK?

The first thing that crossed my mind.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by pokipoki: 8:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
justwise:

Again that is not true, citizens pay unless you are on benefit.

That £8.60 is a standard charge no matter how many drugs on the prescription list given to you by your GP.

It was introduced to cut down on wastage as many people don't bother using the drug.

NHS is free, pharmacies charges that £8.60 for drug prescription
Do NHS give you free drugs? I mean to nigerian students? Since that's what the argument is all about.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by Moborlarh(f): 9:51pm On Apr 15, 2017
Ruptured Appendix is life threatening
So sad....... RIP
Destined2win:
This is not good. Appendicitis surgeries is one of the commonest surgeries na
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by justwise(m): 5:57am On Apr 16, 2017
pokipoki:

Do NHS give you free drugs? I mean to nigerian students? Since that's what the argument is all about.

Yes.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by pokipoki: 6:49am On Apr 16, 2017
justwise:

Yes.
Hahahaha. That's not true. I have never been given free drugs. The only thing NHS did was to run free blood test which took about a week for the result to come out. Had to wait a week for the result or pay a private lab for the blood work.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by justwise(m): 7:20am On Apr 16, 2017
pokipoki:

Hahahaha. That's not true. I have never been given free drugs. The only thing NHS did was to run free blood test which took about a week for the result to come out. Had to wait a week for the result or pay a private lab for the blood work.

Have you ever been admitted in any NHS hospital before?
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by pokipoki: 7:25am On Apr 16, 2017
justwise:

Have you ever been admitted in any NHS hospital before?
Nope. Because my condition was never been termed as an emergency.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by justwise(m): 7:55am On Apr 16, 2017
pokipoki:

Nope. Because my condition was never been termed as an emergency.

Get yourself admitted then you will be given a free drug.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by pokipoki: 8:22am On Apr 16, 2017
justwise:

Get yourself admitted then you will be given a free drug.
That's not the point. You are getting everything twisted.
Recall that the whole argument was about about free medications for Nigerian students in the UK.
Recall that my argument on surcharges is that the it covers only for emergencies ( which covers your admission in hospitals) and consultation. Other than than that, you have to pay for drugs.
So tell me what is free about the medications, if you don't get admitted to a hospital? After all its not every illness that gets you admitted in hospitals.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by justwise(m): 8:37am On Apr 16, 2017
pokipoki:

That's not the point. You are getting everything twisted.
Recall that the whole argument was about about free medications for Nigerian students in the UK.
Recall that my argument on surcharges is that the it covers only for emergencies ( which covers your admission in hospitals) and consultation. Other than than that, you have to pay for drugs.
So tell me what is free about the medications, if you don't get admitted to a hospital? After all its not every illness that gets you admitted in hospitals.

..and my point to you is that surcharge does not only cover emergency medical treatments, pre-planned operations are free, child birth is free, check ups with your GP is free.

£8.60 is just a flat rate service charger by pharmacies and not the cost of the actual drug are you given. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that those drug you are given cost far more than £8.60
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by pokipoki: 9:07am On Apr 16, 2017
justwise:

..and my point to you is that surcharge does not only cover emergency medical treatments, pre-planned operations are free, child birth is free, check ups with your GP is free.

£8.60 is just a flat rate service charger by pharmacies and not the cost of the actual drug are you given. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that those drug you are given cost far more than £8.60
The fact that you pay £8.60 drugs per prescription doesn't make it free!!!!. No matter how much subsidy the government is offering.
Besides my earlier point is that the surcharge covers for consultation.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by claremont(m): 1:48pm On Apr 16, 2017
pokipoki:

The fact that you pay £8.60 drugs per prescription doesn't make it free!!!!. No matter how much subsidy the government is offering.
Besides my earlier point is that the surcharge covers for consultation.

You are just being recalcitrant in clinging onto your ignorance. You claim to live in the UK, and I'm guessing you are a beneficiary of the UK educational system, kindly put the education you received to good use. Do some research on the NHS on your own, rather than persistently arguing about prescription charges. A lot of people on this thread have already highlighted your monumental ignorance, but you still insist on clinging to it. I have read all your comments on this issue, and I can't help but wonder if indeed you live in the UK.

The NHS is FREE FOR ALL at the point of use regardless of your background and/or immigration status. Prescription charges were brought in to reduce waste and profligacy by people who choose to abuse the system. Prescribed medicines costing £10,000 will still only incur a charge of £8.60. The patient pays the prescription charge, the patient doesn't pay for the medicines, the medicines (regardless of cost) are free.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by blank(f): 2:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
justwise:

Let me say..you are making things up here because schools don't have health care coverage for students.

I think he meant to say that as a student, healthcare was free. There was no surcharge.

Cc Toshman
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by pokipoki: 3:18pm On Apr 16, 2017
claremont:

You are just being recalcitrant in clinging onto your ignorance. You claim to live in the UK, and I'm guessing you are a beneficiary of the UK educational system, kindly put the education you received to good use. Do some research on the NHS on your own, rather than persistently arguing about prescription charges. A lot of people on this thread have already highlighted your monumental ignorance, but you still insist on clinging to it. I have read all your comments on this issue, and I can't help but wonder if indeed you live in the UK.

The NHS is FREE FOR ALL at the point of use regardless of your background and/or immigration status. Prescription charges were brought in to reduce waste and profligacy by people who choose to abuse the system. Prescribed medicines costing £10,000 will still only incur a charge of £8.60. The patient pays the prescription charge, the patient doesn't pay for the medicines, the medicines (regardless of cost) are free.
Hmmmm.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by justwise(m): 3:50pm On Apr 16, 2017
blank:

I think he meant to say that as a student, healthcare was free. There was no surcharge.

Cc Toshman

He meant the opposite if you followed his argument on this case
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by blank(f): 9:44pm On Apr 16, 2017
justwise:

He meant the opposite if you followed his argument on this case

Oh, sorry for jumping in.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS by Sunnynwa: 6:58am On Apr 17, 2017
pokipoki:

Ok. So tell me what is free about the medicals in UK for Nigerian student? When you pay for drugs?

The point is that the international students get same treatment and pay same prescription charges like citizens. Only the girl and her parents know why she had to travel back to Nigeria for the surgery.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcosts/Pages/Prescriptioncosts.aspx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chief Echofe Proposed To His Girlfriend Lying Down, Gets Free Wedding Gown / What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? / The Right Words To Woo A Girl With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.