Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? (27496 Views)

This Are The Healthy Ways To Wash Your Vag!na And What To Avoid / Guys, Can You Wash Your Girlfriend's Clothes? / Can You Wash Your Girlfriend's Panties ? Please Say The Truth !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by goose1: 6:29pm On Jan 02, 2010
@chika98
there are not many things better than this (name them if you know),it is a package,the moment you take away a part of it,the rest crumbles.
as for the debate, it is a formula,when you are married, you will surely find the one that will work for you and your spouse.
But both parties should try and make it work. Funny enough,if the marriage fails,both of you have failed!
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by snow123: 6:39pm On Jan 02, 2010
this is why calaber girls are good to marry.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by nazzyon(m): 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2010
Sey u dey advertise Calabar people now?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by redsky1: 6:42pm On Jan 02, 2010
why is this even an issue - is it hard putting clothes in a washing machine.

na wah o and now this topic is on the front page
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by nazzyon(m): 6:43pm On Jan 02, 2010
It is a step into limelight.

e fit reach News Paper as u dey see am
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Keegan: 6:44pm On Jan 02, 2010
No it is not, but I think it's the wife’s responsibility to keep his clothes clean and readily available always.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Theblessed(f): 6:54pm On Jan 02, 2010
[b]No, it is not compulsory.  Like other things you do for him, there's nothing wrong in washing your husband's clothes same time as you wash yours and kids after all, you cook for the family and sleep with him, don't you?  

But, I must suggest you give him some responsibilities if this is causing arguments at home.  Demand he put all his dirty clothes that needs washing in the LAUNDRY BASKET ready for wash as you won't have time searching for them and checking whether they are dirty to be washed or not.

Also, make it clear that, if you don't see his dirty clothes in the LAUNDRY BASKET, he should consider them DIRTY and NOT WASHED.  And that's his fault as you have no time to waste! Yes, you have no time to manage him, manage the kids, manage the household needs, manage yourself and work and still contribute to the household.  Its up to him if he wants to be clean or dirty cool cool cool cool cool cool GIVE HIM RESPONSIBILITY and you won't have this headache! wink wink wink wink wink wink
[/b]
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Cyberfreak(f): 6:56pm On Jan 02, 2010
A number of the males on this thread seem to be forgetting that women now do white coller jobs just like them. They expect the women to still be 100% in charge of the domestic duties.
Common people, that would be WAY,WAY unfair and unjust. Also take into consideration the fact that males are physically stronger than females. Since this is the case, why should the female, the weaker sex, be expected to have 3x more responsibility (work front, domestic front, children front) than the males? In my opinion, the only reason husbands refuse to participate in household chores is either Laziness, pride or wickedness.
Anyway I don't really blame them. People have a tendency to be abusive with power when they end up with it.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by harakiri(m): 6:57pm On Jan 02, 2010
BlueDiva:

From the questions i see on NL,
I can conclude that,

Most posters are still very young.
Most are from dysfunctional homes  ( a home where the mom does her duties, it will reflect on the kids reasoning and attitude)
Most are immature.
Most are plain dull/silly.
Most live in a fantasy world. Too much watching off Super sweet sixteen and the Kardashians.

This is the most resourceful response on this thread.Coming from a woman, i am very impressed.This shows some women still have their heads on their shoulders.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Cyberfreak(f): 7:07pm On Jan 02, 2010
@Theblessed,
you sound pissed off. . .don't take their rubbish too serious. A lot of men are just lazy. You try sef with that your laundry basket suggestion. In my opinion, he should participate in the washing as well, not just put the clothes in the basket. I don't mean he has to wash with me at the same time though. I mean he should help with the washing; take over the work entirely, once in a while.
@Topic,
this dehumanization of women has to stop. It has dragged on for so long. It hurts me to see men arguing that there is no reason whatsoever for them to assist their wives at home.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Princek12(m): 7:18pm On Jan 02, 2010
If putting your husband's clothes in the washer and dryer is asking for too much then you should not marry. Live by your gaddamn self so you won't have to worry about doing a partner's laundry. If washing your husband's clothes with your hands is too much then hire a househelp or omo odo ( a fine one) and see how she quickly takes over your husband.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by nazzyon(m): 7:21pm On Jan 02, 2010
People don turn dis washing thing to bigger deal pass the thing wey e be ooo.

Washing machines and dryers are very cheap.

Princek12:

If putting your husband's clothes in the washer and dryer is asking for too much then you should not marry. Live by your gaddamn self so you won't have to worry about doing a partner's laundry. If washing your husband's clothes with your hands is too much then hire a househelp or omo odo ( a fine one) and see how she quickly takes over your husband.

@Prince

Omodos are like second wife in a house.

Not welcome.

Even if na boy, who knows what will be happening behind your back. (Trust issue shey)
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Princek12(m): 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2010
Cyberfreak:

@Theblessed,
you sound pissed off. . .don't take their rubbish too serious. A lot of men are just lazy. You try sef with that your laundry basket suggestion. In my opinion, he should participate in the washing as well, not just put the clothes in the basket. I don't mean he has to wash with me at the same time though. I mean he should help with the washing; take over the work entirely, once in a while.
@Topic,
this dehumanization of women has to stop. It has dragged on for so long. It hurts me to see men arguing that there is no reason whatsoever for them to assist their wives at home.
Have you thought whether the emasculation of men has reached an epidemic state? So do you feel that the man of the house is solely or primarily responsible for certain duties in the relationship or in the house? And if so, why is it OK for men to have roles for which they are primarily responsible but the same cannot apply to women? So are you willing to split every duty in the house between each other? And does it matter whether a woman gets to do a particular kind of duty such as washing the car and tires and cutting grass and trimming the trees in the backyard?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ancel(m): 7:28pm On Jan 02, 2010
Frontpage article? *Sigh*

[size=14pt]@Topic: Whenever people start asking if something is COMPULSORY in a marriage before they do it, it is a clear indication that love is heavily lacking.

In a marriage, nothing is compulsory. If you guys can't work out something as simple as washing clothes, then get a washing machine or use laundry services. Haba, there are more complex things in marriage than simple laundry
[/size].

If you can't stand the heat, just leave the kitchen.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ravenzord(m): 7:55pm On Jan 02, 2010
I really don't know why this topic is raising so much dust. In an ideal world the wife would be able to go to work then come home to take care of the kids,clean the house, wash everybody's clothes, cook food,be a wonderful hostess, and still satisfy her husband's sexual needs. However in the real world all these chores are hard enough for a full-time housewife,not to talk of a professional. A medical doctor coming from an 18hr stint at work wouldn't want to wash anybody's clothes,including hers,all she'll want to do is sleep. It's at points like this that consideration matters, an understanding husband would brainstorm with the wife to solve their problems, prolly hiring external help,or getting some helpful machines. The wives should however note that men will always appreciate a lil TFC, so professionalism shouldn't compromise their feminine,submissive side, before the husband seeks succour in the hands of other women. Domestic chores shouldn't be compulsory, they should be voluntary.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by spikedcylinder: 7:56pm On Jan 02, 2010
Kokolets, 1-2
In my room, me-you
Turn the lights, real-low
Come into my room make I show you the koko.

Yes, I will, if he's terminally ill. cheesy

*dancing*
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by beautyn: 8:08pm On Jan 02, 2010
"Her husband is known in the gate, when he sitteth among the elders of the land" proverb.31vs 23. If you dont do your duty as a wife, people outside will know what he has in the house as a wife. Afterall , you dont wash everyday.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by mamagee3(f): 8:17pm On Jan 02, 2010
Husbands should also wash their wife's clothes, too
It goes both ways
. grin grin
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by nas00(m): 8:24pm On Jan 02, 2010
Na wa o!
Some people just dey hala washing machine as if there will be power supply to operate it (for where PHCN dey), abi washing macine wey dey use battery dey market? I know say una next excuse go be generator (for where queue dey long like river niger to get diesel or petrol).

All because these women no wan use the hand wen God give them wash clothes angry angry

I may not stress my wife in making her wash my clothes all the time. However, any woman that gives the slightest indication of unwillingness to wash my clothes shall be fired. Amen.

, and no shit, I can wash my wife's clothes. When i no dey crase wink
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ancel(m): 8:25pm On Jan 02, 2010
Beautyn, God bless you for that verse. You're on target.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Princek12(m): 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2010
beautyn:

"Her husband is known in the gate, when he sitteth among the elders of the land" proverb.31vs 23. If you dont do your duty as a wife, people outside will know what he has in the house as a wife. Afterall , you dont wash everyday.
You have shown you have wisdom, which is what many "contemporary" women lack. Go to the ant oh ye sluggard, consider her ways, and be wise. Proverbs 6:6. Instead of copying what has worked for our parents, these women here are trying to emulate western women, but they are forgetting that divorce rates are teetering around 70-80% in some of these westernized societies. You don't see men on this thread speaking about relieving themselves of some of their traditional duties because they are inconsistent with the norms of western society.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by tayoast(m): 8:42pm On Jan 02, 2010
mama-gee:

Husbands should also wash their wife's clothes, too
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by safeact(m): 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2010
@hbabe, comment reserve. Though i no u stl posses their xteristics shaa. Mayb u r a partial virgin.u r stl good 2go. It baffles me y u r always on sexuality board? Hop u r not a gynaecologist? @mannyley, ofcourse yes. @poster, i wil gv u a cal later, r u one? Stl searching 4one.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by chrisibu(m): 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2010
Dat's always the problem wit AJEBUTTERS. If na AJEKPAKO, dat's no problem. Well, as for me, i'll get a washing machine and do it myself. No need of bugging her with non-essentials. But in the Nigerian setting, its compulsory.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by seyi11111: 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2010
its stated in the bible that  the wife should be the helper, nwhat aspect will she  be helper?guys do you wanna marrie a  slave of wife?what is the cumpusory dutie of a husband in the home?what is the compusory dutie of wife in the home?what i know is that the  wife is the minister for internal affairs  while the husband is the miniter of external affairs, why can my girl friend  wash,cook,clean house for me?lady should just know the reason why they wanna marrie, guy should know the reason why they wanna marrie, guys i think will need to call the attention of sturdent of mrs bimbo odukoya hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm am out for now
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by usoldier(m): 9:08pm On Jan 02, 2010
Its not compulsory at all but if you want your husband to look good and be the best, you can arrange a dry cleaner to take care of his clothes for him.

Its all about love and nothing else, my two cents

Nigeria Online Gallery - Affordable Oil Paintings for your Homes and Offices. Place your ORDER now at http://www.wallartpainting.com
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Outstrip(f): 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2010
He washes my clothes and I wash his. It is a matter of throwing it in the washer abi? It is not unusual for him to ask me if I have some dirty dark colors cause he wants to wash his socks and he does not have enough to make a load. I can't imagine my husband not doing laundry when it is obvious that it needs to be done and I have not gotten to it. Anyway to each their own.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by aikuda(m): 9:50pm On Jan 02, 2010
Washing your partner's clothes shouldn't be a big deal. Whoever has the time should do it. A good husband should be attentive enough to know when to help out with the domestic chores. We should also remember that most women do these things out of love and respect for their husband.

And please lets' be clear that not everyone has washing machine. People still smash their clothes on tree stumps by the rivershore. It takes a very secure man to take up non-traditional male chores at home. As a man, try cooking, washing, and cleaning at home, and you will see how rewarding it is. Its not a bid deal!!!!
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Dammydam: 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2010
What a tricky question
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by chiogo(f): 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2010
Thank you jare, Outstrip and Aikuda.

Your posts make sense.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by dawoyo(m): 9:55pm On Jan 02, 2010
@poster, don't mind most of the ladies here saying they won't do it, they're husbands/boyfriends snatchers, they're waitin for u to be shown d way out so they can come take over. by d way, it's your duty to wash for your husband and as for ur bf, it realy depends on ur type of rela/level of commitment. though for me, it's a must.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? / Can You Surgically Kill Your Sexual Urge To Please Your Partner? / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.