Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

The Oscars 2007 - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Oscars 2007 (8073 Views)

Congolese Actress, Rachel Mwanza To Represent Africa At The Oscars 2013 / The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results / The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Oscars 2007 by neelsel(f): 6:43pm On Jan 30, 2007
Eurphoria:

I hear you just. But i don't think he does it just for the oscars, even if he did well he is doing great. I reckon he just enjoys telling the other side of things. Infact i really appreciate it, because you know many young people don't read about histort and things, atleast they get fed the real story by my guy clint kiss instead of the usuaul big hollywood flicks

Couldn't have said it better,
Eurphoria:

neelsel cheesy wats up !!!!

nada de nuevo!
Just relaxing at work, leaving for class in a few,
How have you been? grin
Re: The Oscars 2007 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:43pm On Jan 30, 2007
neelsel, dont make me look for your silly ass. Keep in mind we're in the same state  tongue
Re: The Oscars 2007 by Eurphoria(f): 6:44pm On Jan 30, 2007
I have been great girl, wink
Re: The Oscars 2007 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:46pm On Jan 30, 2007
If "Letters To Iwo Jima" actually starts out by showing the nazi camps and how it was when the bomb was thrown at PH that America decided to step in, then I'll be more than ready to shower the movie with praise but Im sure it's just gonna be about their side of the war and "how hard it was for them"

but you're right about MDB and Mystic River.  tongue

but can we please give Martin SOMETHING, jeez!
Re: The Oscars 2007 by neelsel(f): 6:47pm On Jan 30, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

neelsel, don't make me look for your silly ass. Keep in mind we're in the same state  tongue

Thiefs my psycho pal tongue tongue tongue, you love to call people names eh? Anyway I can see you really have something in that your brain, WOW!! tongue tongue tongue, spitting all that History on me, WOW, that's my girl grin grin
Eurphoria:

I have been great girl, wink
Happy to hear that.Keep doing your thing grin
Re: The Oscars 2007 by Eurphoria(f): 6:48pm On Jan 30, 2007
yeah i think Martin is due for some too.Happy?  grin

maybe next time tongue
Re: The Oscars 2007 by bluenubian(f): 6:50pm On Jan 30, 2007
u right, Scorsese has never won an oscar embarassed thats kinda sad, all those classics he s got
Re: The Oscars 2007 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:52pm On Jan 30, 2007
yes  cheesy

lol he even made Aviator and Gangs Of New York JUST to please them and lol they still ignored him. Guess he realized it wasnt worth compromising his usual type of movies then ran back to The Departed.
Re: The Oscars 2007 by Eurphoria(f): 6:56pm On Jan 30, 2007
gangs of NY was Pants though girl. cmon really and departed was a rip off of another( a good rip off though) lol grin
Re: The Oscars 2007 by neelsel(f): 6:58pm On Jan 30, 2007
Thief where are you? grin tongue
Re: The Oscars 2007 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:02pm On Jan 30, 2007
lol wetin be "pants"? and I believe he made it to appeal to the war-hungry Oscar commitee. lol blew up in his face.

you are right about The Departed though but it's alot like the movies he has done in the past as opposed to those other 2

neelsel tongue
Re: The Oscars 2007 by neelsel(f): 7:05pm On Jan 30, 2007
Hip Hip Hooray! Thief is back grin tongue grin

Now I can't seem to find Europhia cry cry cry cry

So tell me guys what do you think about all this hype "Dreamgirls" is getting?
Re: The Oscars 2007 by Eurphoria(f): 7:06pm On Jan 30, 2007
@Neel
i am right here you little stinker.  smiley
About dreamgirls? i still haven't seen it.

@TOH
Pants!! simply means  (shitte or crap)  grin
Re: The Oscars 2007 by bluenubian(f): 7:08pm On Jan 30, 2007
dream girls was not my cup of tea, too much hype over it. am sure the Oscars feel the same way
Re: The Oscars 2007 by neelsel(f): 7:12pm On Jan 30, 2007
Eurphoria:

@Neel
i am right here you little stinker. smiley
About dreamgirls? i still haven't seen it.

[/quote

Ok Europhia so what did I do now to be called such a name? grin
Thought you were the nice one, and lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed the bad one tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Oscars 2007 by Eurphoria(f): 7:15pm On Jan 30, 2007
i am nice
Re: The Oscars 2007 by neelsel(f): 7:16pm On Jan 30, 2007
Eurphoria:

i am nice
Really?Nice peolple don't make others cry cry cry cry

Now TOH makes me cry cry cry all the time grin grin grin
Re: The Oscars 2007 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2007
*hugs neelsel then kicks her ass*

DreamGirls, blah. Dont wanna see it, dont care to se eit. Unnecessary nonsense. all these stupid musicals are getting on my nerves. How said is it that it's by musicals and musical autobiographies(Ray) that black people can get Oscar recognition. MAKE BETTER MOVIES.

Bad enough Jamie won over Don Cheadle. angry
Re: The Oscars 2007 by Eurphoria(f): 7:24pm On Jan 30, 2007
chill girl damn lol

neel why the tears sorry i made you cry,
Hugs neelsel and flushes her head down the toilet

Yeah the win over cheadle was a travesty
Re: The Oscars 2007 by neelsel(f): 7:26pm On Jan 30, 2007
Mean girl TOH ( well atleast am getting a hug first before the kiss ass) grin grin grin

Dreamgirls isn't my pick either, I personally loved "Hotel Rwanda". That Don guy deserved that Oscar,
Eurphoria:

chill girl damn lol

neel why the tears sorry i made you cry,
Hugs neelsel and flushes her head down the toilet

It's ok Europhia, I am done with the cry cry
Re: The Oscars 2007 by Eurphoria(f): 7:27pm On Jan 30, 2007
kiss awww kiss
Re: The Oscars 2007 by neelsel(f): 7:30pm On Jan 30, 2007
Eurphoria:

kiss awww kiss
Don't let TOH sees this, or else, she'll be jealous tongue tongue tongue

Seriously though, I myself am tired with all these Musicals that Hollywood has been producing. It's as if there was a "dry spell" in terms of movie scripts and story lines. God forbid,
Re: The Oscars 2007 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:32pm On Jan 30, 2007
I will not be surprised if they are making one for James Brown at this very moment
Re: The Oscars 2007 by neelsel(f): 7:34pm On Jan 30, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

I will not be surprised if they are making one for James Brown at this very moment
Took the words "right out of my mouth". I won't be surprized at all,
Re: The Oscars 2007 by Eurphoria(f): 7:39pm On Jan 30, 2007
oh yes you can bet someone already has that gig. Expect James Brown soon.
Re: The Oscars 2007 by TerraCotta(m): 8:52pm On Jan 30, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

LOL--I'm surprised you didn't hear about it already. Spike Lee's directing it. I read about it in Nigeria last year right after he passed.

The project supposedly started before he died though.
Re: The Oscars 2007 by bluenubian(f): 2:11am On Jan 31, 2007
oh wow, wonder who is gonna play James Brown, i cant really think of anyone that wud pass for brown, rumor has it that Samuel L Jackson might
Re: The Oscars 2007 by justkunmi(m): 2:55pm On Jan 31, 2007
Clint eastwood. . . . . .Martin Scorsece.
i think the oscar guys have something againts martin. he's a true legend but he has not been rewarded yet. if he doesn't win anythin this year, then he should know he has an enemy on the boards of the oscars grin

anyone seen the last king of scotland? saw a preview and i'm definitely goin 2 see the movie soon.
the preview looked good but previews are always made to look good.

best animation. happy feet, monster house or cars? those guys would surely give monster house because of speilberg but i think happy feet was better
Re: The Oscars 2007 by bluenubian(f): 12:45am On Feb 01, 2007
happy feet shud win it, as for Scorsece "Departed" is not his best work, so i wont be surprised if he doesnt win it this year, but he sure deserves an Oscar
Re: The Oscars 2007 by justkunmi(m): 9:00pm On Feb 01, 2007
departed is his most recent work and its been nominated. if the guys want to honor him, now is the time.

just saw the last king of scotland. . .just alright.
Re: The Oscars 2007 by bluenubian(f): 10:13pm On Feb 01, 2007
they cant honor him jus cause they feel he is due for one, departed is a very good film but i doubt it will beat Iwo jima
Re: The Oscars 2007 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:16pm On Feb 01, 2007
bluenubian:

they can't honor him jus cause they feel he is due for one, departed is a very good film but i doubt it will beat Iwo jima

Lol, you REALLY think Denzel got the Oscar for "Training Day"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NTA Presenter Abdulrasaq Aremu Gawat Found In Ibadan / Where Can I Download Game Of Thrones Season 7 / Stephanie Okereke's Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.