Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

The Oscars 2007 - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Oscars 2007 (8077 Views)

Congolese Actress, Rachel Mwanza To Represent Africa At The Oscars 2013 / The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results / The Oscars, 2010 : Nominees Announced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Oscars 2007 by mystikal(m): 12:14am On Feb 20, 2007
clint eastwood is cool, ther's nothing wrong in potraying real life stories. Blood Diamonds shd win best flick. Leo has grown as an actor
Re: The Oscars 2007 by mystikal(m): 12:17am On Feb 20, 2007
clint eastwood is cool, ther's nothing wrong in potraying real life stories. Blood Diamonds should win best flick. Leo has grown as an actor
Re: The Oscars 2007 by Seun(m): 6:55pm On Feb 20, 2007
WHy do "historical" movies always choose to remind us of the most depressing moments in history?
Re: The Oscars 2007 by odada(m): 11:57pm On Feb 20, 2007
@seun
ok get ur point!but in the last king of scotland Idi Amin's character was being portrayed from his somewhat gentle side and close friendship with a white dude!it wasnt the chopping off of heads and storing in the freezer,gothic scenes or mass mudering that his earlier movie was synonymous for!i think this time around hollywood wanted to sell his humane side to the world and not the beastly dictator he was known to be coolcheers
Re: The Oscars 2007 by bluenubian(f): 6:28am On Feb 26, 2007
Hope everyone enjoyed the Oscars as much as I did. I thought Ellen was marvelous, they couldn't have gotten a better host.

Will smith's son is the cutest ever. Still a little surprised that Hudson won best supporting actress again, but sure am happy for her.

would have made my day totally if Hounsou won.

still excited about the Big win "Scorsese" . would have cried if he hadn't won, bout time they gave it to the little man
Re: The Oscars 2007 by Orikinla(m): 10:03am On Feb 26, 2007
All the winners of the Oscars deserved their awards.
Dame Hellen Mirren confirmed her crown as the best actress as she also won the Bafta and Golden Globe for her classic portrayal of Queen Elizabeth II in The Queen. And I am also happy for Forest Whitaker who had earlier won the Bafta for best actor. His depiction of Idi Amin Dada in[b] The Last King of Scotland [/b] was perfect. And the guy has come a long way.

The others too deserved their awards.

Watch out for the first Nigerian Oscar in 2009 or 2010.
Re: The Oscars 2007 by beebaybee(f): 10:55am On Feb 26, 2007
tot leonardo di'caprio - (blood diamond) was gonna win it, or will smith - (pursuit of happiness). but forest whitaker- (last king of scotland) got it. embarassed, whom did u want to win?
Re: The Oscars 2007 by spade: 2:01pm On Feb 26, 2007
In the best actor category, I think the best man for that award is forest whitaker.
MY GOD! See how he nails that Idi Amin Role? It would really be stupid not to give him that award.

As for best Visual Effects, We all know Pirates Of the Caribbean deserves that award.
Re: The Oscars 2007 by Eastcoast(f): 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2007
@blue nubian, i agree with you o. Ellen was amazing. She was so easy going, relaxiing and natural. She wasn't like some of the past host that make their gigs look obviously scripted by a writer. As for the awards itself, i was dissappointed that Eddie Murphy didn't win in his category. That was a big upset. He was everyone's favorite to win. Did y'all watch the sounds and effect choir, wow, they were spectacular. I didn't know it was people that make all those sounds. As for the red carpet, I think it was kinda boring. No one really took a big risk or anything like that.
Re: The Oscars 2007 by justkunmi(m): 6:24pm On Feb 26, 2007
forest whittaker, best actor??
Re: The Oscars 2007 by cuteass1(f): 7:00pm On Feb 26, 2007
*message edited*
Re: The Oscars 2007 by bluenubian(f): 7:19pm On Feb 26, 2007
justkunmi:

forest whittaker, best actor??
yeah forest whittaker, best actor

Eastcoast:

@blue nubian, i agree with you o. Ellen was amazing. She was so easy going, relaxiing and natural. She wasn't like some of the past host that make their gigs look obviously scripted by a writer.
yeah and her jokes were sooo natural, she didnt have to make fun of anyone to get people laughing, i definitely wanna see her next year again. giving a movie script to Scorsese and asking Spielberg to take a pic of her was hilarious

Eastcoast:

As for the awards itself, i was dissappointed that Eddie Murphy didn't win in his category.
cudnt care less for eddie, even tho i havent seen dream girls, did see alan arkin in lil miss Sunshine, and i think he deserved the award

Eastcoast:

Did y'all watch the sounds and effect choir, wow, they were spectacular. I didn't know it was people that make all those sounds.
oh tell me about it, had my mouth open the whole time, Amazing. and the Group of dancers that made those different designs were phenomenal
Re: The Oscars 2007 by Gamine(f): 7:31pm On Feb 26, 2007
Yeeeees
They all Deserved their Awards
Especially Martin,

And

Happy Feeeeeeeeeeeet!!! grin grin grin grin grin
i was so Happy!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Oscars 2007 by Eastcoast(f): 7:44pm On Feb 26, 2007
@blue nubian,
yes ooo, Those shadow dancers were very good. They are truely talented. I liked when they formed that bus pushing scene from Lil' miss sunshine. I was just like wow, so people can really contort their body in such unique shapes. It must take alot of practice.
Re: The Oscars 2007 by Seun(m): 8:10pm On Feb 26, 2007
They are showing it on MNet right now. If you missed it yesterday, please don't miss it today!
Re: The Oscars 2007 by Gamine(f): 8:14pm On Feb 26, 2007
ooOH wELL Im in sch, no MNET cry cry
Re: The Oscars 2007 by Seun(m): 9:36pm On Feb 26, 2007
Mnet seems to have been scrambled, while other channels are working as usual. How disgusting of them. angry angry
Re: The Oscars 2007 by Orikinla(m): 12:19am On Feb 27, 2007
Mnet showed it for hours and only ended minutes ago.
Re: The Oscars 2007 by justkunmi(m): 12:42am On Feb 27, 2007
at last, martin scorsese wins best director. grin grin cheesy.
was soooooooooo happpppy for him,. grin

but was expectin leonardo dicaprio to win tongue embarassed
Re: The Oscars 2007 by Free(f): 3:51am On Feb 27, 2007
Forrest Whittaker
Won!!!!!!
Congrats grin grin

he deserves it more that will smith lipsrsealed
Re: The Oscars 2007 by sharetroll(m): 3:52am On Feb 27, 2007
The media is so liberal and jewed up now its getting funny. So obvious how they screwed Mel Gibsons Apacolypto out of any nominations because of his Jew remarks. . .Then, for best documentery all nominations were anti-American or pro-liberal propaganda films. . . .and of course Al Gores film on Global Warming wins. . .Then we have all the gay agenda thrown in peoples faces with Ellen hosting and Mellissa Ethridge winning for best song. . .Then we have the obligitory black nominees and winners who don't deserve it.

Does anybody take the Oscars seriously anymore?
Re: The Oscars 2007 by Free(f): 3:54am On Feb 27, 2007
I was rootin for Djimon houndsou to win for blood diamond
but damn he didnt win angry

apart from that
am happy for all of them grin grin grin grin
Re: The Oscars 2007 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:50am On Feb 27, 2007
Jennifer winning over Cate Blanchett was a travesty but I digress. Gl;ad that Forest won and I thought Alan Arkin was awesome in Little Miss Sunshine. Glad the oscars finally gave Martin a pity award. THANK GOD. sheesh.

I also loved that Pan's Labrinyth won 3 awards although it definitely should have won best song and foreign movie!
Re: The Oscars 2007 by neelsel(f): 12:00pm On Feb 27, 2007
Congrats to all the winners!!!

Finally someone "knocked some senses" into those Oscar selectors, Martin has talent.

Cate, Helen, Jennifer, Will,Forrest, Leonardo et al, they are all winners as far as am concerned.

The show would have been a mess without my girl Ellen doing her thing. All in all it was ok, !!!

PS. Ori did I hear you mention Nollywood Oscar?
Re: The Oscars 2007 by bluenubian(f): 11:10pm On Mar 01, 2007
sharetroll:

The media is so liberal and jewed up now its getting funny. So obvious how they screwed Mel Gibsons Apacolypto out of any nominations because of his Jew remarks. . .Then, for best documentery all nominations were anti-American or pro-liberal propaganda films. . . .and of course Al Gores film on Global Warming wins. . .Then we have all the gay agenda thrown in peoples faces with Ellen hosting and Mellissa Ethridge winning for best song. . .Then we have the obligitory black nominees and winners who don't deserve it.

Does anybody take the Oscars seriously anymore?

very true, but hey this world is unfair anyways. he shouldn't have made those remarks undecided
Re: The Oscars 2007 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:17pm On Mar 01, 2007
I agree Apocalypto definitely should have been nominated for more and at least awarded Best Costume.

and I still think Hudson's win is a sham
Re: The Oscars 2007 by Seun(m): 12:08am On Mar 02, 2007
PS. Ori did I hear you mention Nollywood Oscar?
I think I need to launch a Nollywood Oscar award. I will call it "Noscar"!! cheesy
Re: The Oscars 2007 by bluenubian(f): 1:00am On Mar 02, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

I agree Apocalypto definitely should have been nominated for more and at least awarded Best Costume.

and I still think Hudson's win is a sham
true and melissa Etheridge's award.
Re: The Oscars 2007 by iice(f): 7:22am On Mar 04, 2007
Congrats to the winners whether they deserved it or not. . .
Re: The Oscars 2007 by baby4u2(f): 4:27am On Mar 16, 2007
thiefofhearts have u watched dreamgirls? hope nothing.
Re: The Oscars 2007 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:44am On Mar 16, 2007
the hell you talking about?
Re: The Oscars 2007 by baby4u2(f): 4:45am On Mar 16, 2007
u said jennifer didnt deserve the nod, hence my question

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stephanie Okereke's Accident / Rachel The Piper Set To Release Movie 'land Of Opportunity' And Piper Awards / HiTV's Programme Repetition Is Driving Me Crazy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.