Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,964 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

My Animation Reidvolution - Art, Graphics & Video (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Animation Reidvolution (36875 Views)

See My Animation Collection / My Animation Channel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by pakingzzzzz(m): 11:57pm On Jul 19, 2019
nijabazaar:

Oh my God, this brings back so much memories....

Tracking is one toothache but a rewarding tootache grin

Awaiting the video.

Whats you camera error margin like?

Around 5.047 cry.. Pretty bad!!.. But the cgi element sticks like glue on the background plate.

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by pakingzzzzz(m): 12:01am On Jul 20, 2019
I took a screenshot from my PC.
Before and after pics.. cool

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by pakingzzzzz(m): 12:03am On Jul 20, 2019
I modelled a metal tunnel today. sad..

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by pakingzzzzz(m): 12:09am On Jul 20, 2019
I rendered it in cycles.. Made heavy use of array modifiers and solidify modifiers. grin
I had a to insert a cylindrical object deep inside the hole as an emission source for my lighting. But I hide it away from the camera view.
I intend to make a Live green screen footage of me falling, So I can composite it on the metal tunnel to simulate me falling inside the deep hole.
I will have to track the footage because the shot is going to be done with a hand held camera with some occasional panning
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by pakingzzzzz(m): 12:13am On Jul 20, 2019
nijabazaar:

Oh my God, this brings back so much memories....

Tracking is one toothache but a rewarding tootache grin

Awaiting the video.

Whats you camera error margin like?

Suffice to say, I shoot with my Gionee android phone. But I have to drive up the camera resolution to the highest settings, to get a good detail of the environment for good tracking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by nijabazaar: 8:56am On Jul 20, 2019
pakingzzzzz:

Suffice to say, I shoot with my Gionee android phone. But I have to drive up the camera resolution to the highest settings, to get a good detail of the environment for good tracking

You already know the ins and out...kudos man
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 1:00pm On Jul 20, 2019
frankmoney:
I'm still learning , but it took me a long while to get to where I am because i.learnt on my own I was mainly learning by trial and error and a whole lot of studying YouTube tutorials , asking questions ( the animation community is very supportive , you will always find someone to answer your question ) and also just studying other people's work . If you are a newbie , like I stated earlier start with a bouncing ball , don't jump into the acting shot because you will get frustrated easily , that's the advice I've gotten from people working at Pixar , Disney and DreamWorks .

Still awaiting your reel sir.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by frankmoney(m): 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2019
reidkrugger:

How come I have NEVER seen anything animation from you. It would be nice to see your work.
oh hey bro , I'm still a learner o , so don't expect anything extra ordinary , will share some shots I've been working on soon
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2019
pakingzzzzz:
I modelled a metal tunnel today. sad..

I'm just beginning to see d hole as a hole now. My advice; try filleting d edges of d top surface of d hole. That is, d opening. Just make the edges dull a bit. Then, I don't think dat hole is wide enough to swallow an adult dat intends to jump in. My take tho.
I've not really delved into tracking in AE so I would not know what more to say. But nice job still my Oga.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 1:43pm On Jul 20, 2019
frankmoney:
oh hey bro , I'm still a learner o , so don't expect anything extra ordinary , will share some shots I've been working on soon

Aren't we all learners? Upload something let's inspire ourselves. It's what dis thread is all about.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by frankmoney(m): 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2019
Link to a shot I'm working on still blocking it out .
Only stepped keys
Cc reidkrugger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co5NCtjXzog

1 Like

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 10:21am On Jul 21, 2019
frankmoney:
Link to a shot I'm working on still blocking it out .
Only stepped keys
Cc reidkrugger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co5NCtjXzog

Ooooookaay, just saw it. Nice try but... you've got a very looong way to go. I'll advise you forget about fight Animations for now and focus on normal everyday activity like dialogues. And don't downplay dialogue either bcuz it's easy when you try pulling and pushing spline controls for eyes but making facial expressions exceptionally believable takes alot of experience really.
You can only animate wat u have a knowledge of. And even if one is a pro, you'll still need to do a bit of research. Animation is not Photoshop. And even Photoshop has a right way to which its approached. Give or take, you still have atleast 3 to 4yrs to make dat fight Animation convincing enough. And dats if you r really crazy about animations.
Decent try. Keep Animating.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by pakingzzzzz(m): 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2019
reidkrugger:

Ooooookaay, just saw it. Nice try but... you've got a very looong way to go. I'll advise you forget about fight Animations for now and focus on normal everyday activity like dialogues. And don't downplay dialogue either bcuz it's easy when you try pulling and pushing spline controls for eyes but making facial expressions exceptionally believable takes alot of experience really.
You can only animate wat u have a knowledge of. And even if one is a pro, you'll still need to do a bit of research. Animation is not Photoshop. And even Photoshop has a right way to which its approached. Give or take, you still have atleast 3 to 4yrs to make dat fight Animation convincing enough. And dats if you r really crazy about animations.

I love these... Well spoken cool
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by pakingzzzzz(m): 12:17pm On Jul 21, 2019
reidkrugger:

I'm just beginning to see d hole as a hole now. My advice; try filleting d edges of d top surface of d hole. That is, d opening. Just make the edges dull a bit.

OK.. Will do that.. Thanks for the tip.

reidkrugger:

Then, I don't think dat hole is wide enough to swallow an adult dat intends to jump in. My take tho.

The character falling into the hole wouldn't be jumping in. The scene will fade in with the character clinging on to the right edge of the hole, then all of a sudden-unable to keep up with the effort of holding on to the ledge, he falls in deep!. That's the idea grin.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by pakingzzzzz(m): 12:18pm On Jul 21, 2019
reidkrugger:

I've not really delved into tracking in AE so I would not know what more to say. But nice job still my Oga.

AE tracking is awesome.. Looks like you do not do live footage integration with cgi elements?
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by frankmoney(m): 12:48pm On Jul 21, 2019
reidkrugger:

thanks but I don't think I need 4 years to do this lol , this is just a rough blocking with only poses in stepped keys and no major breakdowns and the idea is a cartoony one , not trying to make it too realistic ..I haven't even moved to spline yet . Anyway thanks smiley
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 10:49am On Jul 28, 2019
frankmoney:
thanks but I don't think I need 4 years to do this lol , this is just a rough blocking with only poses in stepped keys and no major breakdowns and the idea is a cartoony one , not trying to make it too realistic ..I haven't even moved to spline yet . Anyway thanks smiley

Ok. I like your spirit. Still, I await d finished version.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 10:55am On Jul 28, 2019
I have been going Tru bans on dis thread, week in, week out. I've mailed d mods about it but my complaint seems to fall on deaf ears. This always happens when I talk about houses and attach an image of my drawings. Is the house the issue, eeehnn mods? Why r u pipu wasting my posts?
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 10:58am On Jul 28, 2019
pakingzzzzz:

AE tracking is awesome.. Looks like you do not do live footage integration with cgi elements?

Thats where I'm headed now. But I'll be dropping my live footage into 3dsmax so dat max does a more accurate camera matching and tracking for me. Otherwise, I'll be having my 3d models looking either bigger or smaller that wat its supposed to relate to in the live footage.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 1:37am On Aug 16, 2019
Drifting towards construction for a bit.

2 Likes

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2019
I'm going back to my roots as I once again embrace my engineering side. It is also from this side that I am able to go dis far in animation. Plus ofcourse an embedded artistic nature dat influences how I see and present things.
So after giving over 7yrs of my life to study d art of animation, I find my way back to where it all began for me in terms of profession. I'll be employing all s skillz I have learnt so far, in making my construction outfit stand out from the norm. Houses and facilities will be drawn to world scale and represented in 3D for presentations in pre-contract stages. That way, all parties are carried along & there are less misinformations of ideas or drawings. The result? The client's property coming out exactly as he desires it to be. Including painting. Yup, d choice of painting or its pattern can be effected here to. I luv 3D.

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2019
Where is everybody? These place has been devoid of 3d artists for a while now. Is it that everyone is busy?
Anyways, today I'll like to share how I started. I didn't start with YouTube vids or human mentorship of any kind. I started with this link

http://docs.autodesk.com/3DSMAX/12/ENU/3ds%20Max%202010%20Tutorials/files/WSf742dab041063133-62b9306f112a19e40dd-7fc3.htm

Yup that's how I started. And it pretty much is my 3D Bible till date. It's surprising because for someone like me, reading long stories isn't my thing. I guess my passion for 3d saw me through all of to come.
Ok, so thats it. That's about my biggest 3D secret. So go ye into the world and do greater things. I'll see you guys next time.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by cgniyi(m): 11:26pm On Aug 22, 2019
reidkrugger:
Where is everybody? These place has been devoid of 3d artists for a while now. Is it that everyone is busy?
Anyways, today I'll like to share how I started. I didn't start with YouTube vids or human mentorship of any kind. I started with this link http://docs.autodesk.com/3DSMAX/12/ENU/3ds%20Max%202010%20Tutorials/files/welcome.htm. Yup that's how I started. And it pretty much is my 3D Bible till date. It's surprising because for someone like me, reading long stories isn't my thing. I guess my passion for 3d saw me through all of to come.
Ok, so thats it. That's about my biggest 3D secret. So go ye into the world and do greater things. I'll see you guys next time.

Still very much around. Just have a few boring jobs I need to complete, after which I'll start on a few personal projects. Though I learn something new occasionally, doing some of the jobs I do repeatedly can hinder development as they aren't too challenging.
Btw, your link is not working
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 1:11am On Aug 24, 2019
cgniyi:

Still very much around. Just have a few boring jobs I need to complete, after which I'll start on a few personal projects. Though I learn something new occasionally, doing some of the jobs I do repeatedly can hinder development as they aren't too challenging.

thanks Brov. I just fixed the link. Also, repetition though may be boring but can only make you better. Looking fwd to hearing more from u this remaining part of the year.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 1:27am On Aug 24, 2019
Ok, it's about 1am and I just woke up from from what is supposed to be a suspended animation state. I have a job to deliver in 2days so I de used to purge my system with alcohol to serve as a knockout drug. Well, the usual dose and a little bit more nor gree work. I guess I'll have to try again bcuz I need to wake up dazed. Then tomorrow, or later in d day if you will, I'll start life afresh with a clear head and can face my job with an open untamed mind. Life is good, when things begin to make sense. Life is good when your projections begin to pay off.
And by the way, I'll be going 12 or 16gig latest next month. Lets see what dat experience feels like. I have something, i'ld like to show you.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by nijabazaar: 11:59am On Aug 26, 2019
cgniyi:

Hi CGNIYi, long time.

I agree doing the same thing all ober again is super boring.

Here everyone is so conservative....they want the typical product advertisement, they want the 90s style of doing product commercials and all. Fine the money comes but innovation is dead.

For someone like me, who is very much inclined towards vfx, i ve neva seen any body interested in it. Its always the same boring jobs VR, Product pack revolves about an axis, water flow from bottle to cup...haba

Reid, CGniyi, since we have all come this far. can we all do a project together. Something that includes that which we really love....VFX?

1 Like

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by nijabazaar: 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2019
reidkrugger:
Ok, it's about 1am and I just woke up from from what is supposed to be a suspended animation state. I have a job to deliver in 2days so I de used to purge my system with alcohol to serve as a knockout drug. Well, the usual dose and a little bit more nor gree work. I guess I'll have to try again bcuz I need to wake up dazed. Then tomorrow, or later in d day if you will, I'll start life afresh with a clear head and can face my job with an open untamed mind. Life is good, when things begin to make sense. Life is good when your projections begin to pay off.
And by the way, I'll be going 12 or 16gig latest next month. Lets see what dat experience feels like. I have something, i'ld like to show you.

Congrats.....

How many bottles grin

Yesterday had me so sozzled too. Never knew i couod come to shop today cool
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2019
I'm still on house matters and I'm beginning to understand the use of lightning and how to render. Na the system go suffer.
I will be back.

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2019
nijabazaar:

Congrats.....

How many bottles grin

Yesterday had me so sozzled too. Never knew i couod come to shop today cool

The experiment didn't work. Infact, it was a mistake. I shouldn't have drank anything at all dat day. I couldn't sleep even if I was trying to induce it and when it finally came, pressure to deliver the job took over.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 7:08am On Sep 20, 2019
Still on house matters and for now it's all about exteriors. There are a lot of things I hope to achieve with these including money but it's one step at a time. for now, it's just exteriors, next will be the interiors plus animating it plus camera. Then interior decorations and, alterations and modifications. But will be taking a break in a week or so and would return to Animation briefly. Let's do some animations to live actions.
Anyways, below is my newest project. Enjoy.

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 7:20am On Sep 20, 2019
nijabazaar:

Hi CGNIYi, long time.

I agree doing the same thing all ober again is super boring.

Here everyone is so conservative....they want the typical product advertisement, they want the 90s style of doing product commercials and all. Fine the money comes but innovation is dead.

For someone like me, who is very much inclined towards vfx, i ve neva seen any body interested in it. Its always the same boring jobs VR, Product pack revolves about an axis, water flow from bottle to cup...haba

Reid, CGniyi, since we have all come this far. can we all do a project together. Something that includes that which we really love....VFX?

I don't know why, but I'm just seeing this post. Nice one. Yes we can and dats me speaking for myself on dat. Indeed, standards can only come from collaboration bcuz even if u know all d sections of Animation, ull still need time to express urself. That's one thing I'm doing currently with construction and even if there are people doing it already, I hope to achieve mine differently. Going back to Animation will be by way of skits and shot movies for me. And I still have rendering resolutions to contend with. For now.
And now dat U've mentioned it, abeg borrow me dat your rat wey u been model dat time. It's in sights for camera matching.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pencil Drawings By My Brother Teewai Teju / Forget Okorocha Uniben Graduating Student Erects A Masterpiece ( See Photos) / Rate These Before And After Effects Of Photoshop Works - Genius Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.