Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? (1460 Views)

Before You Say "I Do" Test Drive The Engine / 10 Signs To Know If Your Boy Friend Wishes To Marry You. / The Perfect Boy Friend List...a Must See For The Ladies... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by Ciji(m): 8:02am On Jan 02, 2010
I spent a greater part of my last 3/4 of last year searching for a girl friend. Prior to now i've spent like 4years without any serious relationship. But what amazed me throughout my search period was the almost always same replies i got from the ladies, As if all planned, each date always ended with ; please i've a boyfriend, but i'll cherish we kinda get real close, as par become very good friends, hope this doesn't affect our relationship, And blur blur blur, :
luckily i had strong enough belief to hang on to one of them, we got real close, & spent the greater part of the last 2 months of last year together, What really baffles me here is that, despite like the other girls, she also told me she had a boyfriend, And till date, we've been to places, spent time together, i've met most of her friends, But i've not for once seen the boyfriend, His pics nor his calls & text messages, , At first i never wanted this to bother me, but i'm kinda begining to feel a bit insecure each time i think of the ghost boyfriend that could surface anytime! Though we've not slept, but we've actually had romantic emotional moments, . I've never asked her about the supposed boyfriend ever since, I need your advice pals, ? Was this i kinda test or could it be real?
Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by ravenzord(m): 8:46am On Jan 02, 2010
It's true that some girls tell you're they're dating s'mun even if they're not,prolly cos they want to put up defenses so you don't get too close, or cos they don't want you to think they've been waiting for you all their lives, maybe they think their being taken would increase their attractiveness. . .I'm not female so I can only hazard a guess as to why they do the things they do. Since you say you and this girl have been having close moments then she obviously likes you, whether there's a boyfriend or not. Talk to her, bring up your feelings,discuss the boyfriend issue. It's better to know where you stand than to keep floating. Besta luck.
Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by hbabe(f): 8:57am On Jan 02, 2010
I totally agree with everything Ravenzord has said. Rave, you obviously understand ladies!
Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by ravenzord(m): 9:31am On Jan 02, 2010
I try to wink
Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by Ciji(m): 11:05am On Jan 02, 2010
I appreciate your advice ravendorf., you guys are making nairaland da bomb, Thank u all
Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by iice(f): 4:52pm On Jan 02, 2010
You are an option not a definitive.
Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by Nura723(m): 10:00pm On Jan 02, 2010
My guy stop behaving lyke her friend and introduce sexual tension stuffs wit the gurl, no too much but slowly. Start acting lyke a man, good luck,
Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by freecocoa(f): 11:07pm On Jan 02, 2010
@poster,so ur choice of a gf is 1 hu says she has a bf yet spends romantic tym wt u?ask ha abt d bf be serious wen u do dat,if she says she just tld u dat 2 c hw far u re willin 2 go in winnin ha luv(cos sm girls do dat)den go ahead wt her but if she insists dere's a bf den let ha go.u'll find urs someday
Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by llade(m): 11:58pm On Jan 02, 2010
I think except when a girl is sincia, she is only trying to put up self defences if she does not want u or make u see her as a cheap girl. but av been so lucky over the past 3 years because all the girls av met have always told me that they dont have a bf.
Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by mamagee3(f): 12:37am On Jan 03, 2010
Female girls wants to feel tech?
Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:54am On Jan 03, 2010
iice:

iice:

True!

@topic

A girl who's interested in you. . .wouldn't tell you she's in another relationship especially when she isn't in one!
Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by eyoniggar(m): 7:32am On Jan 03, 2010
ThoniaSlim:

True!

@topic

A girl who's interested in you. . .wouldn't tell you she's in another relationship especially when she isn't in one!

You are very wrong sis. I remembered dating a girl wayback 2006.

When I met her, she never made it known to me that she was either in a relationship
or not. But with the way she was acting, I thought she was in one but I never did ask
her just to set myself into the picture firmly.

It took almost 3 months being her friend until she decided to start dating me.
In short, before the completion of the 3rd month, I asked her to go out with me.
She said if she starts to like me, then it means we have started going out.

I really did not understand because I may not know what she'll do
to give that impression that she likes me. However, there was a day we
had a very long conversation, she made a statement that she likes me
but I never did remember the statement she made with the emboldened part
above. I picked up my fone one day and told her I am tired of feeling lost
and emotionally drowned that I needed to know where I stand.

She gladly said, why am I worrying myself, saying if I remembered a day
she said she liked me, and if I also remember her theory of "if i like
you, you are my bf without saying yes to you"

I paused and said, I'll call you back, next thing I called her and invited her to my
house, then the romance started off from there.

Sorry for the long story, what am trying to say here is that, women are different.
So they come up with different tactics and techniques when getting into relationships.
Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 03, 2010
But ladies does it really matter if you have a bf?
What i mean is
if for example you are engaged or married, there's a ring or the certificates~ church or court, and these are physical symbols and forms that clearly identifies that he owns you

now don't forget that life is reality and reality is completely integrated with the concept of the physical
evry real emotion needs a real sign
if there's no physical form to supposedly connect you to him then what exactly are you holding on to?
Do you just believe it in your heads that he is the one or are the proofs just restricted in your minds?
If you find another guy that you really like why not allow him and satisfy your minds
or why should keep believing or imagining you are holding on to something when in real actual facts
your hands are empty!
Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 03, 2010
When they say they have a bf it means they have a bf so take your randy arse to the next available girl and leave her be. grin grin
Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 03, 2010
Do you have a point?
@ ebonyeyes
Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by funkybaby(f): 10:03am On Jan 03, 2010
Not all girls are like that .

When i am in a relationship, any guy that comes along, i tell him straight up that am seeing someone.

when i am not, i simply say it ' i don't have a boyfriend'.

why would any lady lie about her ''boyfriendless'' situation and risk the chance of losing a guy that might be genuinely interested in her undecided

1 Like

Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by humblemate(m): 10:48am On Jan 03, 2010
mama-gee:

Female girls wants to feel tech?
ThoniaSlim:

True!

@topic

Sometimes it does happen, she might have said that at the initial stage just to know if the guy was serious in her or is he coming to her just for the lust thing; I supposed two months now is encouraging and can spur  her confindence in the guy
Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by iice(f): 11:05am On Jan 03, 2010
adolfe bad:

But ladies does it really matter if you have a bf?
What i mean is
if for example you are engaged or married, there's a ring or the certificates~ church or court, and these are physical symbols and forms that clearly identifies that he owns you

now don't forget that life is reality and reality is completely integrated with the concept of the physical
evry real emotion needs a real sign
if there's no physical form to supposedly connect you to him then what exactly are you holding on to?
Do you just believe it in your heads that he is the one or are the proofs just restricted in your minds?
If you find another guy that you really like why not allow him and satisfy your minds
or why should keep believing or imagining you are holding on to something when in real actual facts
your hands are empty!
On the contrary. . .it's the emotional/mental stuff that keeps people bond. Without some form of rules (by one's standard) then be prepared to be dropped like a hot potato at any moment's notice.
Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by cliffy: 11:36am On Jan 03, 2010
Just download my suggest it will definitely help you dude.

www.youidealguyorlady..com
Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 03, 2010
@ iice
nice one but~
Do you believe our emotions are upredictably erratic?
You could just wake up one morning and find that you feel nuttin for him anymore~
do you also believe that if sex can be a gateway to unlock emotions then our emotions really stand grounded on physical forms
now don't you really believe having just a bf~ and not an husband~ shudn't stop a lady from exploring her world further if HE can make her fantansies become more real?
Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 03, 2010
you know when a girl says she has a BF, it means she has a BF or she dosen't want to date you. Either way, that's a nice way to say 'NO'.

It dosen't even make sense to me when a guy goes after a girl with a BF. It meanse he has no respect for relationships and he'll probably make a bad Bf.

So you guys shd just get the whole idea of a girl using that excuse to raise her value or attractiveness or those other silly things you guys think out of your head!

1 Like

Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by iice(f): 12:48pm On Jan 04, 2010
adolfe bad:

@ iice
nice one but~
Do you believe our emotions are upredictably erratic?
You could just wake up one morning and find that you feel nuttin for him anymore~
do you also believe that if sex can be a gateway to unlock emotions then our emotions really stand grounded on physical forms
now don't you really believe having just a bf~ and not an husband~ shudn't stop a lady from exploring her world further if HE can make her fantansies become more real?

You do not wake up one day and not feel anything.  It's is a culmination of things that lead to that.  People totally ignore those signals. Our feelings aren't that unpredictable.  If anyone paid attention to details, they'd have an inkling of what way the emotion will swing. 
LOL @ sex unlocking emotions. . .i rest my case cheesy
Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 04, 2010
Well said
Re: When Female Dates Say I ' I've A Boy Friend' Is It Just To Feel Tech? by Princek12(m): 6:42pm On Jan 04, 2010
Ladies are confusing creatures. You may never know why she said she has a boyfriend. She may have said because of the following reasons: (1) she actually has a boyfriend; (2) she does not have a boyfriend but is presenting herself as someone who is sought after by a guy; (3) she is using it as a barrier to prevent you from getting close to her -- she doesn't like you; (4) she actually likes you a lot and thinks saying she has a boyfriend will make you jealous, which will make you pursue her more aggressively; (4) I have even gotten word that ladies use it as a ruse to make prospective men offer them money to buy them out of their existing relationships; and many more. Bottom line, you will have a headache if you are trying to figure out her reasons for saying she has a boyfriend while still somewhat emotionally connecting with you.

Keep it real with her, tell her your intentions, and clarify this boyfriend issue -- communication is key. You may even ask her you will move on if she really has a boyfriend, portraying that you don't want to invest your emotion and time into a lady who is involved, or that you don't want to destroy an existing relationship.

(1) (Reply)

Re: Why Is It Hard To Forget Your First Love? / Parting With Half Of Your Wealth During Divorce. / I Slapped My Fiancee, Becos She Insulted My Elder Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.